Can't wait! Preordered it!

3 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

Why is that? -> To be able to brag about it! Especially in online communities ... you want to be the first who has achieved "this" or "that".

I'm sure that is quite true (which is pathetic really), but I'd like to know if there are any other real benefits to it which I'm unable to see.

Vor 8 Minuten sagte Bjornk:

Ich bin mir sicher, dass das völlig richtig ist (was wirklich erbärmlich ist), aber ich würde gerne wissen, ob es noch andere wirkliche Vorteile hat, die ich nicht erkennen kann.

Other advantages?

Well, I don't know any!

Even disadvantages ... I'll just say "Day 1 patch".

15 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

Other advantages?

Well, I don't know any!

Well, I obviously wanted to know the opinions of people who preorder games, you're obviously not one of them. ?

16 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

Even disadvantages ... I'll just say "Day 1 patch".

Obviously. Could be even worse. I mean, think about it, you've downloaded the game 5 days before everyone else, you attempt to launch it, oops, it doesn't launch, or it keeps crashing, seems to have some graphical issues, or imagine you've encountered a game breaking bug or you are stuck in a quest and you can't figure out what to do and so on. Lots of potential headaches, which, to be fair, may also happen to people who bought the game on launch day, but since you are one of the privileged few who are playing the game 5 days before everyone else, aside from Bethesda tech support there's no one that can help you with your issues. Suddenly you've lost the preorder "privilege" that you paid an excessive amount for and now you have to wait until the launch day and hope that there will be more people experiencing and reporting the same issues you're having, so that the developer may release a patch for it, or they may not.

1 hour ago, bjornk said:

What could be the tangible benefit of playing a game 5 days earlier than everyone else? I wonder.

Which can be bought at a later date at a much cheaper price. Not really a convincing incentive to preorder a game IMO.

There are some game that don't have the pre order stuff in the store. FF14 have done it. Thus is why I go after physical items when it comes to pre order. I never go after pure digital pre orders. Though I will say pre ordering something and not worrying about buying it later. the disadvantage of that is if it is bad.. well your screwed.

Edited by TecQueen
2 hours ago, TecQueen said:

I will bite into your little tantrum. The way you talk about this is how some heard it from someone and repeated their narrative. I have pre ordered this game. Last game I pre ordered was cyberpunk. That game fell short on the consoles and for pc it was still a good game, though lot of what they promised wasn't there. You go after the companies for the bad product, but it isn't all their fault. When you make a game, you need investors. Someone to invest in making the game, bring in the money sorta speak. Specially for AAA games. Cyberpunk kept on delaying it because they knew it wasn't ready. The investors said they wanted them to release it. The investors wanted their money and leave, they don't care about us gamers once. That is thing that needs to change the most in all of this. It is the company's fault for letting this happen and not have any backbone to say no. They don't because having investors pull out year before before release isn't a good thing.

As for fallout 74 release, it had everything they promised for the most part, it was just a shitty boring game with out npcs.  This was all Bethesda's fault. Having mmo and npcs if anything hard to pull off unless you can guaranty great content and not get bored. The only game company who is greedy to point they don't care about gamers is activation. They are the bread and butter of evil game companies join other companies like blizzard and screw everything up to point it sucks. So Bethesda may be a little greedy on what they did with 76 collectors edition, but that was before microsoft brought them. Hopefully being with Microsoft it helped.

Just go on your little tantrum, proving that this mentality cannot be reasoned with, even when nobody asked and subject of our discussion reached an end. Thank you for proving my point.

And also thank you for your contribution towards toxic, outright predatory practices by big corpos, killing game franchises we all love.

Edited by Stormer
Vor 24 Minuten sagte Björnk:

Nun, ich wollte natürlich die Meinung der Leute wissen, die Spiele vorbestellen, Sie gehören offensichtlich nicht dazu. ?

Offensichtlich. Könnte noch schlimmer sein. Ich meine, denken Sie darüber nach, Sie haben das Spiel fünf Tage vor allen anderen heruntergeladen, Sie versuchen, es zu starten, hoppla, es startet nicht oder es stürzt ständig ab, scheint einige grafische Probleme zu haben, oder stellen Sie sich vor, Sie hätten es getan Sie sind auf einen bahnbrechenden Fehler gestoßen oder Sie stecken in einer Quest fest und wissen nicht, was Sie tun sollen und so weiter. Viele potenzielle Kopfschmerzen, die, um fair zu sein, auch Leuten passieren können, die das Spiel am Tag der Veröffentlichung gekauft haben, aber da Sie einer der wenigen Privilegierten sind, die das Spiel fünf Tage vor allen anderen spielen, gibt es abgesehen vom technischen Support von Bethesda auch solche Niemand, der Ihnen bei Ihren Problemen helfen kann. Plötzlich haben Sie das Vorbestellungs-„Privileg“ verloren, für das Sie zu viel bezahlt haben, und müssen nun bis zum Tag der Veröffentlichung warten und hoffen, dass mehr Leute die gleichen Probleme haben und diese melden, damit der Entwickler Möglicherweise veröffentlichen sie einen Patch dafür, vielleicht auch nicht.

Wrong - you should learn to read properly.

?

I wrote something about my wife ... she pre-orders games

and when I ask "Honey why are you doing that again?" ... what comes as an answer? -> NOTHING usable

?

24 minutes ago, TecQueen said:

There are some game that don't have the pre order stuff in the store. FF14 have done it.

Well, then I would never buy FF14 or anything else from that company who clearly is trying to trick people into buying their products by playing with their FOMO anxiety.

Edited by bjornk
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 5:46 PM, bjornk said:

What could be the tangible benefit of playing a game 5 days earlier than everyone else? I wonder.

Not getting it spoiled by all the nincompoops that did order the premium edition?

(OK, I cracked, I admit it! I promise not to be a nincompoop.)

• 2 weeks later...

Lol some people really lose their shit over the preorder discourse these days.

But yeah i preordered the constellation edition, i went to get it right after the Direct ended and man it sold out so fast so i'm glad i managed to get my order in quick lol. I also got the controller and headset cause why not, might as well get the whole set even though i'll only use the controller for Forza lmao.

On 7/26/2023 at 7:25 PM, katrina.balanchuk said:

I will eventually buy it but only after get bored with FO4.

I am kinda hoping for a Fallout in space and an active modding comunity.

I am a bit worried though that SF will pull modders away from FO4.

Even a few years ago, a minor Skyrim update would slow mod development for other games as authors took time to update their Skyrim mods. So many modders have some presence in Skyrim. Maybe some modders will wait for Starfield to work some bugs out before jumping in, but I imagine a lot of modding talent is eager for something new to build upon. This is a big new toy.

I like FO4 but I'm eager and ready for Starfield, so IMO that shift in focus is not a bad thing.

----

I just finished my build and bought a 7800X3D CPU for it. I'll have to buy the first expansion separately but I think it's a better CPU for gaming than the newer ones with the included DLC. But has anyone who has registered their CPU with AMD gotten a Steam key yet (or whatever is needed so the game appears, owned but not-yet-downloadable in the Steam Library)?

9 minutes ago, SeranaUser said:

Even a few years ago, a minor Skyrim update would slow mod development for other games as authors took time to update their Skyrim mods. So many modders have some presence in Skyrim. Maybe some modders will wait for Starfield to work some bugs out before jumping in, but I imagine a lot of modding talent is eager for something new to build upon. This is a big new toy.

I like FO4 but I'm eager and ready for Starfield, so IMO that shift in focus is not a bad thing.

----

I just finished my build and bought a 7800X3D CPU for it. I'll have to buy the first expansion separately but I think it's a better CPU for gaming than the newer ones with the included DLC. But has anyone who has registered their CPU with AMD gotten a Steam key yet (or whatever is needed so the game appears, owned but not-yet-downloadable in the Steam Library)?

I think the mod community at least the lewd mod community is not done with FO4 yet.

FO NV seems to have more and a more varied and often spicier lewd mods that are just waiting to be ported to FO4.

Now I worry it may never happen.

And the clean + wealthy Sci Fi universe seems to lend itself  a lot less to those kind of mods from an atmosphere standpoint.

If the price point for the game was in the "buy Starfield or buy XXX cuz I can't afford both" then I might delay to see what the community says because every entertainment dollar counts. I'm old have a great job and the cost is so not an issue. For Bethesda to release Starfield 100% bug free it would take even longer that the long time it has already. I would rather play it 99% bug free than wait another 2 years for it to be perfect (did I mention I am old, as in more yesterdays than tomorrows). One should not let the perfect be the enemy of the good.

I pre-ordered the Starfield Digital Premium Edition ($99.99 -$108.60 after taxes). I expect some bugs, some may even be really annoying, or cause my computer to crash, it happens. I expect it will be 95-99% playable. I expect I will play 40-60 hours to finish it the first playthrough (about $1.00 - $1.50 per hour) and if I like it, many more hours. Locally I could rent a single jet ski for $130.00 for one hour so this is not a big deal and as far as entertainment goes it is pretty cheap.

I enjoyed Fallout 3, Fallout 4, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim, and even Elder Scrolls Online, I enjoyed my time in each and they ALL had game breaking bugs on release, NONE of those bugs stopped me from playing those games. I have thousands of hours invested in those games for a cost of maybe a few hundred dollars.  I did buy Fallout 76, and while it was buggy as expected. I would think that there are few if any AAA games that are released bug free. Every one I have purchased was never 100% bug free at launch, the games being released today are simply too large for the developers to find them all. My issue with Fallout 76 is that it was, from my point of view, a very boring game. The story did not hook me so I stopped playing it shortly after purchase and never looked back. I also did not lose my shit thinking about how the big bad game company bamboozled me. Not every purchase in life is going to be a perfect choice. 

For me Bethesda (and associates) has given me 6 wins and one lemon. Good enough for me.

Buy it early - great.

Buy it later - great.

Wait a year and buy it after all the bugs are worked out - great.

Never buy it and stick it to the man - great.

Make posts about how suckers like me and the OP are the reason the BIG GAME industry is making crappy games - great. 

You do you and I'll do me. The only person who has any real say, and for that matter actual influence, in how I spend my entertainment dollars is my wife (if you are married you know).

18 hours ago, Azailahab said:

For me Bethesda (and associates) has given me 6 wins and one lemon. Good enough for me.

I've only played SSE and FO4, but that seems to be the general consensus.

I've heard others argue that the reason 76 was bad was that Bethesda was focused on Starfield.

22 hours ago, SeranaUser said:

I've only played SSE and FO4, but that seems to be the general consensus.

I've heard others argue that the reason 76 was bad was that Bethesda was focused on Starfield.

I think 76 was bad cause alot of things were poorly implemented and it was rushed, was made by the Austin Division of Bethesda which was new at the time, not to mention Implementing Multiplayer in Creation engine is a nightmare.

I think its "ok" today, but still left a bad taste in my mouth.

Its really unfortunate they rushed an experiment with a new team and "Didn't expect it" to flop. I put that in quotes cause lets be real... Papa Todd knew. but Papa Todd likes his Experiments.

On 7/28/2023 at 5:22 PM, katrina.balanchuk said:

I think the mod community at least the lewd mod community is not done with FO4 yet.

FO NV seems to have more and a more varied and often spicier lewd mods that are just waiting to be ported to FO4.

Now I worry it may never happen.

And the clean + wealthy Sci Fi universe seems to lend itself  a lot less to those kind of mods from an atmosphere standpoint.

Calling it now.....

among the first sex anims will be Zero-G floating sex anims ?

I mean, why not? Makes more sense than those floating magic anims in Skyrim if you think about it from an out-of-atmosphere standpoint LOL