Shaydows VampireLord OVERHAUL

Hi! Really love your mod, although the melee bug really had me, Is there anyway that I can just use vanilla attack and have the idle, walk, levitate stay the same? For excample make the character use vanilla animation ONLY when in COMBAT mode? It would really be delighted. Thanks.

Sadly no. It's either one or the other.

Hmm my characters boobs are stretched and stuck somewhere far below the ground, any ideas why? (I do use quicker transformation, VL can loot, better vampire and reduced VL size mods).

Also using a BBP human model, XP32's max. skelly mod but the skeleton for vampire is from your mod. Oh and HDT(sp?) physics

If you read through the FAQ and the thread on HDTPhysics you will see this is a known issue. You can fix it on and off like so :

If you're a normal character and transform into a VampireLord and get distorted body, SAVE the game while IN VampireLord form. Shut the game down then restart and load your save. The VampireLord will then look and act right ( will use HDTPhysics ).

The same goes for reverse. Once you switch OUT of VampireLord form your normal character will be distorted. Save the game, shut down, restart, load save, and it will be fixed.

This has nothing to do with my mod and there is no way for me to fix it, this is an issue with the HDTPhysicsExtension ( I use it to BTW ).

Thanks for taking your time to answer mate :)

I did read up on the description, but i bet i missed it as i was very tired yesterday ^^

The problem actually fixed itself when i started playing today ( i still get it now and then, but after a few seconds it auto corrects itself) so no need to restart or reload on my part, just wait it out now :)

And oh, the mod seem to have some issues with the DVA mod. When i had DVA activated, whenever i talked to "whatshisname" to turn me into a vampire lord the game CTD'd,  but changing the DVA load order to after this mod sorted it.  Not a issue or a complaint, just a tip if people want to use DVA and this mod :)

And lastly: Thanks for this mod :) I used to use BVLT , but the animations (and armor) on this is just worth that much more ^^ not to mention you solved the BBP/TBBP CTD issues <3

Keep up the good work ^^

• 4 weeks later...

A small patch has been released under the download section that allows the changing of head textures as well as body textures.

If your already in Vampire Lord Form when you install the patch you will have to revert back to normal then change back to a Vampire Lord to see the difference in head textures.

love how the mod looks so far. only problem is i cant see it in my own game :P really like what i have seen so far but i don't know whats causing the issue. 

basicly whats happening is when i transform the screen turns grey and i cant change back. i have read through a bit of the comments as well as the description but found nothing so far. 

am i doing something wrong with it?   only thing i can think of is that i'm installing it using nmm but i don't want to take the risk of sending the files directly to my data folder.  

also thought i'd mention it while i'm here, when i try the warewolf transformation (the warewolf overhaul) i get a normal warewolf.   am i missing some kind of requirement on the 2 mods or am i just dumb? :P 

thanks in advance!

love how the mod looks so far. only problem is i cant see it in my own game :P really like what i have seen so far but i don't know whats causing the issue. 

basicly whats happening is when i transform the screen turns grey and i cant change back. i have read through a bit of the comments as well as the description but found nothing so far. 

am i doing something wrong with it?   only thing i can think of is that i'm installing it using nmm but i don't want to take the risk of sending the files directly to my data folder.  

also thought i'd mention it while i'm here, when i try the warewolf transformation (the warewolf overhaul) i get a normal warewolf.   am i missing some kind of requirement on the 2 mods or am i just dumb? :P

thanks in advance!

The download was not designed for installation using NMM. Use NMM to uninstall it, you just have files sitting in the wrong place.

You shouldn't worry about installing manually. Open up the download and take a look at the options. Pick the ones you want. If you decide to uninstall it someday, just look at what you picked from the download folders and go into your skyrim data folder and delete them.

Again, this mod only adds files, and the ESP is directing to those files, it doesn't replace anything from vanilla skyrim, so deleting them if you don't like the mod won't harm your vanilla skyrim installation. Those files are in the Skyrim BSA and won't be overwriten except when loose files are installed.

Long story short, yes it is not working properly because of how you installed it.

*EDIT* Removed the sentence saying the mod would overwrite werewolf textures if you had a custom one installed. I thought I was replying to my werewolf overhaul thread. Both mods are built the same however.

thanks in advance!

The download was not designed for installation using NMM. Use NMM to uninstall it, you just have files sitting in the wrong place.

You shouldn't worry about installing manually. The only thing this mod overwrites is a werewolf texture replacer IF you already used one ( say change werewolves from black to red fur ). Open up the download and take a look at the options. Pick the ones you want. If you decide to uninstall it someday, just look at what you picked from the download folders and go into your skyrim data folder and delete them.

Again, this mod only adds files, and the ESP is directing to those files, it doesn't replace anything from vanilla skyrim, so deleting them if you don't like the mod won't harm your vanilla skyrim installation. Those files are in the Skyrim BSA and won't be overwriten except when loose files are installed.

Long story short, yes it is not working properly because of how you installed it.

thanks for the response! now i just tried it but my screen is still turning grey. suppose its another mod it doesnt work too well with but i dont know what that would be. do you know a type of mod it could be?  anyway i will figure this out somehow! 

thanks again : )

thanks in advance!

You shouldn't worry about installing manually. The only thing this mod overwrites is a werewolf texture replacer IF you already used one ( say change werewolves from black to red fur ). Open up the download and take a look at the options. Pick the ones you want. If you decide to uninstall it someday, just look at what you picked from the download folders and go into your skyrim data folder and delete them.

thanks for the response! now i just tried it but my screen is still turning grey. suppose its another mod it doesnt work too well with but i dont know what that would be. do you know a type of mod it could be?  anyway i will figure this out somehow! 

thanks again : )

never mind! i figured just after i posted that adding the meshes and textures folders to my skyrim data folder insted of adding the data folders over the other files into the data folder was a good idea  thanks brain >.>

thanks a bunsh dude :D  love the mods :3

• 4 weeks later...

If you read through the FAQ and the thread on HDTPhysics you will see this is a known issue. You can fix it on and off like so :

If you're a normal character and transform into a VampireLord and get distorted body, SAVE the game while IN VampireLord form. Shut the game down then restart and load your save. The VampireLord will then look and act right ( will use HDTPhysics ).

The same goes for reverse. Once you switch OUT of VampireLord form your normal character will be distorted. Save the game, shut down, restart, load save, and it will be fixed.

This has nothing to do with my mod and there is no way for me to fix it, this is an issue with the HDTPhysicsExtension ( I use it to BTW ).

It seems that I got only the bug with the physics hair (ponytail) when switching to VL or human (ygNord), the hair is bugged.

Before I had the boobies bugged this way but bat-strafing allways fixed the problem. Unfortunalty not for the hair. 

• 3 weeks later...

How can you turn off the animation overhaul option so the melee works but you still have the new look on the charter?

Mod looks great.

Also how do you install? Can I use NMM, couldn't find anything in the description, but I might be blind.

Two things :

First it is manual install only. I don't use NMM anymore, I'm kinda boycotting Nexus atm do to their Nazi like attitude toward modders, you know, the people that make them MONEY?  Unless they change their policies I won't be having anything to do with them, and yes, this means not even making any of my mods NMM compatible.

Second :

GOOD NEWS EVERYONE!

Groovtama has actually been able to fix the melee animations not working when a VampireLord! As I said when I first made the mod, I knew it was a special flag specific to those animations ( the original Vampire Lord ones had a special flag ) however I do not have any experience working with animations, couldn't even open them etc, so I couldn't fix it. Groovtama has gracelessly done this for us! I will be uploading his fixed animation files as a patch for current users as well as packaged into the existing download for new users some time this weekend as soon as I get the chance.

Once again, BIG BIG BIG shout out to Groovtama for fixing it!

Hey Shaydows - I'm not a modder so it took me a while to get it presumably properly installed and I love it - I tip my hat good sir! I plan to install the werewolf one too, but I'll give you my compliments on that as well.

Due to my ignorance in modding I do have a question: the update patch with the dds files - where exactly do I place them? Is it in skyrim>data>textures>actors>character? and specifically in one of the folders there? I'm assuming this since this is the location I've found other similar looking dds files.

Thanks for your help!

Hey Shaydows - I'm not a modder so it took me a while to get it presumably properly installed and I love it - I tip my hat good sir! I plan to install the werewolf one too, but I'll give you my compliments on that as well.

Due to my ignorance in modding I do have a question: the update patch with the dds files - where exactly do I place them? Is it in skyrim>data>textures>actors>character? and specifically in one of the folders there? I'm assuming this since this is the location I've found other similar looking dds files.

Thanks for your help!

Inside 01 CORE folder is a data folder,  copy this folder and paste it in your Skyrim folder ( if using steam this is steam\steamapps\common\skyrim ). When asked if you want to merge folders say yes, the new textures will be placed in the correct folder automatically. 

Remember if / when using the patch, you also will need to replace the ESP from the original mod so you can use the new head textures / and or replace them as you see fit. You can find options for your liking in the 02 ESPs folder.

Thanks for your help!

Inside 01 CORE folder is a data folder,  copy this folder and paste it in your Skyrim folder ( if using steam this is steam\steamapps\common\skyrim ). When asked if you want to merge folders say yes, the new textures will be placed in the correct folder automatically. 

Remember if / when using the patch, you also will need to replace the ESP from the original mod so you can use the new head textures / and or replace them as you see fit. You can find options for your liking in the 02 ESPs folder.

The Skyrim folder... so not in the data folder in the skyrim folder, but in the same place as the skse launch exe - is that right? No merging happened when I copied it so I'm having doubts. At least it doesn't CTD. I copied and replaced my desired esp file so I'd say I'm all good to go there, just want to make sure about the 01 CORE folder - are there any noticeable differences I can check in game to ensure I've done it right?

Thanks again, especially for your fast reply!

- I copied the DATA with Data of the skyrim folder and merging happened - I'll check now if everything seems in order

The Skyrim folder... so not in the data folder in the skyrim folder, but in the same place as the skse launch exe - is that right? No merging happened when I copied it so I'm having doubts. At least it doesn't CTD. I copied and replaced my desired esp file so I'd say I'm all good to go there, just want to make sure about the 01 CORE folder - are there any noticeable differences I can check in game to ensure I've done it right?

- I copied the DATA with Data of the skyrim folder and merging happened - I'll check now if everything seems in order

You can always open up 01 CORE, then open data, and inside is a Textures folder. Copy THAT folder and paste it into the same place you put the ESP. When asked to merge say yes. The patch simply adds some new files, none are replaced.

Hey!

Completely off-topic to the mod but, would you be so kind to point me in the right direction as to which animations are used in the "VampireLord Transormation OVERHAUL Video 01" video? Specifically the idle animation at the very beginning before turning into Vampire lord, and the Idle in Vampire Lord that triggers around 1:44 in that video (not the Phnx one. The one that looks kinda similar to the one in the beginning)

Thanks so much in advance :)

I'm all up for sexifying my character in Skyrim, but for now I'm a bit reluctant to replace major things like the VL. I may test some of these more worrying mods (worrying to me :P) when I start over, and I'm definitely going to give this one a go then as it does look good :D and the choice of animations is pretty nice as well.

Cheers!

P.S.: I checked your animations mashup for that Idle, but that doesn't seem to be it. At least not both of them :P Do let me know if I'm wrong and if those 2 animations can in fact be found in your animations mashup download, as that'd mean I missed them lol.

EDIT: Oh, I did a search in this thread and found a similar post. I was unaware that the download also came in "Loose" files.

So I found the Vampire Lord standing Idle :D but still not sure about the one at the very beginning of the video.

Again thanks in advance for the information :) the very first idle looks lovely but not so heroic like the second one (though nothing wrong with that :P).

Hey!

Completely off-topic to the mod but, would you be so kind to point me in the right direction as to which animations are used in the "VampireLord Transormation OVERHAUL Video 01" video? Specifically the idle animation at the very beginning before turning into Vampire lord, and the Idle in Vampire Lord that triggers around 1:44 in that video (not the Phnx one. The one that looks kinda similar to the one in the beginning)

Thanks so much in advance :)

I'm all up for sexifying my character in Skyrim, but for now I'm a bit reluctant to replace major things like the VL. I may test some of these more worrying mods (worrying to me :P) when I start over, and I'm definitely going to give this one a go then as it does look good :D and the choice of animations is pretty nice as well.

Cheers!

P.S.: I checked your animations mashup for that Idle, but that doesn't seem to be it. At least not both of them :P Do let me know if I'm wrong and if those 2 animations can in fact be found in your animations mashup download, as that'd mean I missed them lol.

The problem with questions like these to me about animations is, I simply can't remember most of the time. When I see ANY animation I DON'T have a grab it, even if I never use it, and I also grab animation packs others have assembled, mostly to find I have a good amount ( sometimes all but say 2 out of 50 or what have you ) of them already.

Your best bet is to actually download the mod, and ONLY look through Data\meshes\actors\vampirelord\animations folder. Beth was good enough to keep most things consistent for the most part, so the mt_idle you find in that folder can simply be dropped into your normal animations folder and used just fine.

Know that I also use animations for one thing for another. Take for instance mt_idletoattackcombatstate used in the VampireLord overhaul. This is actually just a normal mt_idle, that when making the mod I thought would be a good transition state and would look good ( mt_idletoattackcombatstate is an animation that plays for just a few moments when going from none combat to combat. I HAD to replace it, otherwise the character would morph horribly since the original animation is for normal VampireLord Body and Skeleton ). For all I know that may very well be the idle you are talking about, so simply naming mt_idletoattackcombatstate to mt_idle and replacing your idle would work.

All in all, it's pretty hard for me to answer questions like these about WHERE I got a specific animation.

Hope this helps ( this is also why I released my animation mashup. That one is rather old. Know that a new one is in the works [ actually done except for an issue I have yet to nail down with PCEA ] that MAY or may NOT have the animation your looking for as well. The new animation mashup pack will be available sometime towards the middle of next month ( 2 or 3 weeks I think at the most depending on how much time I have ).

OH! I thought just as I was about to hit Add Reply. You can and should always try asking in the " What Mod is this? " thread. Someone there may very well know what animation your talking about. Good luck!

I'll try that, thank you :) sounds like a good thread to start looking for it :P

As for the VL idle, yeah I figured that out late lol, end edited my post with that info, but yeah I'm still looking for the very first one playing. Though I completely understand what you're saying about being unable to point at one specific animation or animation's link. If someone was to ask -me- such a question about mine I'd probably have similar issues, and I don't even use PCEA lol, so I only have and use one of each.

Anyway, thanks again :)!

Cheers!

You can always open up 01 CORE, then open data, and inside is a Textures folder. Copy THAT folder and paste it into the same place you put the ESP. When asked to merge say yes. The patch simply adds some new files, none are replaced.

Thanks, I'll do that

Great mod, it works like a charm! Just one issue though, my character doesn't have any hands. They're totally gone when I transform. I can still use magic and everything else works fine, just no hands. I even tried replacing them with gauntlets but nothing works. Not sure what the problem is.

Great mod, it works like a charm! Just one issue though, my character doesn't have any hands. They're totally gone when I transform. I can still use magic and everything else works fine, just no hands. I even tried replacing them with gauntlets but nothing works. Not sure what the problem is.

I wouldn't know tbh. I can think on it a bit but no one else has mentioned this as a problem.

great mod is there a way to reduce the breast size, having those melons makes it hard to concentrate lol

You can always swap what armor your wearing when you transform. Basically I made the mod as modifiable as possible. You can customize the look of your Vampire Lord however you wish.

I wouldn't know tbh. I can think on it a bit but no one else has mentioned this as a problem.

great mod is there a way to reduce the breast size, having those melons makes it hard to concentrate lol

You can always swap what armor your wearing when you transform. Basically I made the mod as modifiable as possible. You can customize the look of your Vampire Lord however you wish.

when u mentioned swap do u mean when in vl form i am able to wear any hdt and tbbp enable armor, if yes does it have to be for a specific body type i.e. cbbe or unp armor, thanks

love that mod thooo slight problem. i play a khajiit. i could be blind and just not noticed an incompatibility pointer on it since i ted to only be on here early in the mornings for me X3. any how when i change to the vamp lord the hair i have clips horribly in to the head and my teeth and eyes are welll floating in front of my face. and on a purely anatomy based thought. i dun think that's supposed to happen O.O that and id love a more bestial khajiit based version of this mod. there are sadly just to few good mods for the actual khajiit ;-; douse not wanna be a cat girl ;-;

when u mentioned swap do u mean when in vl form i am able to wear any hdt and tbbp enable armor, if yes does it have to be for a specific body type i.e. cbbe or unp armor, thanks

You can replace anything about the mod that you wish. From what armor your wearing, what skin and head textures are used, etc. See the FAQ portion of the main page for more information. I set it up to be very easy to do. If you have any other questions let me know.

love that mod thooo slight problem. i play a khajiit. i could be blind and just not noticed an incompatibility pointer on it since i ted to only be on here early in the mornings for me X3. any how when i change to the vamp lord the hair i have clips horribly in to the head and my teeth and eyes are welll floating in front of my face. and on a purely anatomy based thought. i dun think that's supposed to happen O.O that and id love a more bestial khajiit based version of this mod. there are sadly just to few good mods for the actual khajiit ;-; douse not wanna be a cat girl ;-;

It is happing because the default included head data is meant for humanoid races not beast races. You must replace the following files with Kajiit versions :

VampireLordReplacerFemaleHead.nif

VampireLordReplacerFemaleHead.tri

VampireLordReplacerFemaleHeadChargen.tri

VampireLordReplacerFemaleHeadRaces.tri

Find this data for your Kajiit if you have replaced it already and copy and rename them as per above ( so FemaleHeadRaces.tri becomes VampireLordReplacerFemaleHeadRaces.tri, etc ). If you have never replaced these then you are using default Kajiit data. I will look through extractions and attempt to make a patch for my beast using users later on, but know I just got done getting V2 ready, so this may be later this week when I get the chance.

Good News Everyone!

V2 over VampireLord Overhaul has been released. It is HIGHLY recommend you download the new version if you use this mod. It includes some minor fixes, as well as the MAJOR fix to melee combat thanks to Groovtama! Melee combat now works 100% with no need for optional skeletons / animations / behaviors etc!

Let me know if you find any bugs!