Shaydows VampireLord OVERHAUL

Another thing I forgot to mention.

There is another "wolf ears" than those ones you have in the video. Those ones seem to be too broad and blunt imo.

I think these ones from Calyps's mod would be nice as an option. Also from your previous post just resize them to be a bit larger and it'd be perfect. There is also a wolf tail in the same mod.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/14205/?

14205-1-1349514583.jpg

Also I'd love to know how to re size equipment in nifskope. There is a few armor gauntlet (im looking at you ebony gauntlets) that I'd love to re-size.

Those Wolf ears are actually included in the upcoming mod. The ones in the video are NOT wolf ears, they are WereWolf Ears. Difference.

To Resize :

Open the Nif in Nifskope. Either left click on the mesh in the render window, or highlight it by name in the Block List.

Right click on the MESH \ Block list Name and select Transform -> Edit.

Name is simple, it is what you want to call the Mesh \ block.

X,Y,Z are the coordinates of the mesh. Where it is placed. THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE BONE NODES IT IS LINKED TO. What this means is even if you move a mesh to your leg that was on your chest using XYZ, it is still linked to those bone nodes, and as  such, will move with your CHEST, even though it appears on your leg.

Rotation : this is more of an advanced, but it will move it along a rotational axis instead of an XYZ axis.

SCALE : THIS is what you are after. If you think it is too big, I always say well, lets go with 0.8000 . This will make it smaller. NOTE however that the position of it, while still linked to the proper bone nodes, will not be correct, so you will have to reposition the now small mesh using the XYZ as explain above. Experiment until you find a position and scale you like.

When all this is done and you like the size \ placement of the adjusted mesh hit accept on the bottom.

ALMOST DONE, BUT DON'T MISS THIS IMPORTANT STEP WHEN IT COMES TO ARMOR MESHES ( do NOT do this step if manipulating a SKELETON node ) :

right click the same mesh \ block again, select transform again, and this time click APPLY. You will in almost ALL cases get a popup that says  something like " this may not work the exact way you think depending on what your doing " ( that was a paraphrase, but it's the jist of it ), but just hit " TRY ANYWAY ". 

NOTE : sometimes the mesh may MOVE a slight amount based on the apply, you may have to readjust it slightly to get it back in to the position you wanted. You will have to transform -> apply again.

When all is said and done and your happy with the size and position of the mesh \ block, save your nif and load the game!

Your welcome :) Easy isn't it? :P

*EDIT* P.S : anytime you APPLY after a transform, the XYZ will all be set to 0 ( since you applied the new position, it now thinks this is the DEFAULT position ), and the scale will again be 1.0, even if you made the 1.0 a .8, after an apply, it will list the size again as a 1.0. Keep this in mind when manipulating the sizes and positions of meshes \ blocks.

P.P.S : Do NOT rename BONE NODES ( NiNode ) unless you are adding a new node needed for a mesh that wasn't there before. NiNode names MUSt be the EXACT same as the ones listed in the Skeleton to work right. ONLY feel free to rename the NiTriShape's ( the mesh \ block ). You can name these anything you like.

Ok here's the lowdown :

There are 2 issues with the werewolf replacer now. I spent most of the day trying to fix the new one my wife found while playtesting the mod yesterday, only to discover that just like with VampireLord melee, these 2 issues are beyond my ability to fix, since they are both attributed to a special flag in the .hkx file SPECIFIC to WereWolves.

Now as you saw in the video, unlike VampireLords, melee ( the only thing WereWolves actually GET ) is working. Well it is working, except ONE DAMN ATTACK. The LR STANDING & RUNNING combo ( power attack with both mouse buttons ) is broken. Oh it still works, and still does damage and you can use it, but it will morph your character for a brief second ( literally less then 1 second ) into a hideous blob. This action is not controlled by the animation set, but instead the skeleton animation set, that I had to replace. SO again, that's beyond my ability to fix but still completely playable and in no way game breaking.

The 2nd issue that was just discovered, that is ALSO apparently controlled by the skeleton.hkx, is NPC WEREWOLF DEATH. Now mind you, NOT the player WereWolf death, that is handled by an animation and so I could make it work. NPC WereWolves on the other hand, seem to have a death sequence triggered by the skeleton.hkx file, so UGH. What does this mean? It means if you use the mod NPC WereWolves when they die will just stand there and you won't be able to loot them. DOH.

Anyway I don't believe either of these 2 issues are game breaking really, I mean it sucks not to be able to loot NPC werewolves, but it's not like they have the best loot in the game, or any loot at all really ( I checked their loot table, it's really terrible ). As for the Power attack thing, ironically, SPRINTING DUAL POWER ATTACKS work just fine and use the animation I picked, but standing and running \ walking ones morph you briefly. Not great, but not game breaking.

One other thing I'm looking through atm is the " Howl " animation. I have one I picked that works, but I was just hoping to find one better. Currently I picked a loop that combines the NPC "cheer" animation with the NPC "argue" animation, so your character will kinda just stand there and well, Yell at the enemy :P If anyone has any ideas on an animation that may fit better let me know.

Anyway wanted to let you know what I was up to today. The mod will be available tomorrow, this is a promise. It's all ready to go, file structure and all, again, I was just hoping to find 1 animation that fit a little better than what I have now ( though I don't think I will ). Keep your eyes on the download page for it.

I'm really looking forward to the werewolf overhaul, but something stuck out at me in the preview video. That sprint animation is from the Khajiit Sprint and Sneak mod, right? Why did you use the sneak animation instead of the sprint animation? Surely the cat sprint would work better than awkwardly gliding around on your knees?

Do you have to loot the fur from the werewolf in the quest "I'll Met By Moonlight" from a werewolf corpse? Only quest I can remember of where that second bug could be an issue, but I can't remember anymore.

There may be times, like in the Hircines(SP?) ring quest where you may have to uninstall the mod. Or at least delete the character assets folder in  Werewolfbeast to get the loot. Again I can't do anything about that.

I'm really looking forward to the werewolf overhaul, but something stuck out at me in the preview video. That sprint animation is from the Khajiit Sprint and Sneak mod, right? Why did you use the sneak animation instead of the sprint animation? Surely the cat sprint would work better than awkwardly gliding around on your knees?

It's not the Sneak one, it's the regular one, HOWEVER, that mod uses a sprintbehavior.hkx file to replace the default that allows it to kick up into high gear. No such behavior exists for WereWolves, so I couldn't replace it.

*EDIT* Scratch that, I was just able to find where I could control that in the CK. It's been fixed.

i love the standing idles you have in this overhaul, and i am wondering how i can make them my normal standing idle? 

also, the physics on the body are wicked with the new hdt system (v9-28) did you wight paint the body yourself?  if not, what body is it?

i would love to get that amount of movement out of my unp body :)   

i love the standing idles you have in this overhaul, and i am wondering how i can make them my normal standing idle? 

also, the physics on the body are wicked with the new hdt system (v9-28) did you wight paint the body yourself?  if not, what body is it?

i would love to get that amount of movement out of my unp body :)   

Open DATA\meshes\actors\vampirelord\animations

Right click mt_idle and select copy.

Go to Data\meshes\actors\character\animations\female

right click and select paste. You may wish to make a backup of your existing idle if you already have one.

The body, as mentioned previously in the thread is my custom Celestial Body for my Celestials mod. The vampireLord outfit is just a slightly modded version of the Devil Knight transformation.

• 2 weeks later...

Love the mod but i have missing textures can somebody help me

thx

First I suggest trying to use the loose version if you're not already. All the textures for the mod, including the body are located in 

DATA\textures\actors\vampirelord\Replacer

Also try moving the mod lower down in your load order. If you have any other mod that alters female body textures it MAY be causing a conflict, although I do not see how, since I assigned the replacer it's own body texture set in the creation kit to avoid body texture mod conflicts. 

• 2 weeks later...

Yo. Before I start complaining I'd like to express my gratitude to you for creating this mod. It's really awesome to not be an ugly-ass Vampire Lord anymore. However! For some reason, since I started using your modifications, I can not use any power attacks at all. Any idea why that may happen? (not even standard one-handed sword ones)

Any help on this would be very welcome :F

Edit: Restarting the game did help. But for some reason I think it may happen again. One guess is, it has to do with the normal attacks in vampire lord form not doing a thing, disabling power attacks in normal form in the process. Just a wild guess, nothing to prove it.

Edit2: Played a bit more, couldn't reproduce the bug. Ah, whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it normal for the modified vampire lord to be a bit shorter than the character?

I mean, when I do a bite atack, it looks like I'm biting the enemy's around their chest, not around their neck. Other animations are affected in the same way.

Is it normal for the modified vampire lord to be a bit shorter than the character?

I mean, when I do a bite atack, it looks like I'm biting the enemy's around their chest, not around their neck. Other animations are affected in the same way.

Yes, it is normal. Shaydow once mentioned that he had to do that in order to make the vampire lord fitting through doors.

Yes, it is normal. Shaydow once mentioned that he had to do that in order to make the vampire lord fitting through doors.

Any chance I can modify that in the CK? Or is a skeleton modification required too?

I'm curious as well. I think even a slight size increase would fit my needs perfectly ^^

Any chance I can modify that in the CK? Or is a skeleton modification required too?

There is no reason to adjust any skeletons.

Open the mod in the Creation kit, Type DLC1VampireBeastRace in the filter bar of the object window. Scroll to the bottom of the object window and select ALL. 

Double click the DLC1VampireBeastRace in the object window under editor ID.

Select the female option to the right of the ID name.

Select the Body Data tab.

Under the Female Data section you will see HEIGHT WEIGHT and MASS. I set the height to 0.8 for easier access to doorways. The default is 1.0, change it to what you like.

Click OK on the bottom, then save the plugin. Done.

P.S, sorry for the late response, my computer had been overheating and I found out my CPU heatsink was dying. I had to wait for a replacement to really feel safe even turning it on.

Hi. I've tried this out and I personally think it's the best vamp lord replacer mod out.

However when I tried to replace the armor, things go wrong...

I did fine until I renamed the nif files and put them in the replacer folder, but in game I realized that i needed to install the textures for the armor, too.

so I got the dds files and dumped them in the Data\Textures\actors\vampirelord\Replacer\Armor\Chest   folder, and they didn't work.

the armor just looks bluish white, the way when you intall armors without the textures.

I've tried putting them in 'replacer' and 'armor' - same result.

Do you think you can help me with this?

Hi. I've tried this out and I personally think it's the best vamp lord replacer mod out.

I did fine until I renamed the nif files and put them in the replacer folder, but in game I realized that i needed to install the textures for the armor, too.

so I got the dds files and dumped them in the Data\Textures\actors\vampirelord\Replacer\Armor\Chest   folder, and they didn't work.

the armor just looks bluish white, the way when you intall armors without the textures.

The armor you want to use as the replacer needs to be installed normally first unless you want to make your own texture paths in the nif ( and I'm sure you probably don't ). So if say you want to use "COOLARMOR" for your vampire lord, install COOLARMOR FIRST, the textures might go in say textures\armor\someguy\COOLARMOR. Once that's done you can just take the nif and copy them to the vampirelord replacer folder in meshes and rename them. The nifs need to have the textures in the location that they are linked to.

The armor you want to use as the replacer needs to be installed normally first unless you want to make your own texture paths in the nif ( and I'm sure you probably don't ). So if say you want to use "COOLARMOR" for your vampire lord, install COOLARMOR FIRST, the textures might go in say textures\armor\someguy\COOLARMOR. Once that's done you can just take the nif and copy them to the vampirelord replacer folder in meshes and rename them. The nifs need to have the textures in the location that they are linked to.

Ok, thanks for your help. That seems to explain why one armor worked and another didn't.

Does this mean that I have to use creation kit to edit the nif files if I want to use an armor extracted from a BSA archive?

The problem is, I'm not a modder myself so I never used ck... 

(though i used tsev edit to change light armor into clothing and so on)

Ok, thanks for your help. That seems to explain why one armor worked and another didn't.

Does this mean that I have to use creation kit to edit the nif files if I want to use an armor extracted from a BSA archive?

The problem is, I'm not a modder myself so I never used ck... 

(though i used tsev edit to change light armor into clothing and so on)

You don't use Creation Kit to edit .nif's, you use nifskope. Have you already extracted the files from a BSA? You need an external program to do that for you believe it or not, Creation Kit can make them ( badly might I add ) but can't UNMAKE them.

I use this : http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4804//?

Downlaod that, unpack the BSA to any location you like. Now you have two options at this point. You can just take the files unpacked from the BSA and instal them into your skyrim Data directory. This is the same as a manual \ loose install, then once again take the nif you want to use, rename it it, and place it in the replacer folder. Or you can just look for ( if say the BSA is pretty big ) the texture folder(s) for the armor you want to use in the unpacked BSA, install only those textures, grab the nif of the armor and rename, as long as the textures are there. You can leave the BSA either way, if you do it the 2nd way and install only the textures you HAVE to keep the BSA or your original mod your getting the armor \ textures from will stop working. Loose files ( files in the Skyrim directory ) will always override a BSA.

To change what textures \ texture paths the nif is using itself, you need to use NifSkope. Open the armor in NifSkope and you will see a list on the left in the BLOCK LIST with the title 0 NiNode. Expand this using the little arrow next to it and you see a list of all the meshes that are part of that nif. These are called NiTriShapes. Exapand a NiTriShape using the little arrow next to it ( you can find the NiTriShape you're looking for an easy way by just clicking on that mesh in the render window. This will select the one you want in the BLOCK list ) and you will generally see 3 or more new options. The one you're looking for is called BSLightingShaderProperty. Expand BSLightingShaderProperty and you will see another property called BSShaderTextureSet. HIGHLIGHT this and now look in the BLOCK DETAILS section ( usually at the bottom of NifSkope ). You will see TEXTURES. Expand this using the little arrow. Usually there will only be 2, the texture and the normal. Now if you see the path says textures\armor\someguy\COOLARMOR.dds and you want it to use the textures you dropped in the replacers texture path, you would change it by double clicking it and typing textures\actors\vampirelord\Replacer\Armor\Chest\ARMORNAMEYOUWANTTOUSE.dds

It may sound a bit complicated but it's really rather easy once you get used to using NifSkope.

Hi! Really love your mod, although the melee bug really had me, Is there anyway that I can just use vanilla attack and have the idle, walk, levitate stay the same? For excample make the character use vanilla animation ONLY when in COMBAT mode? It would really be delighted. Thanks.

Hmm my characters boobs are stretched and stuck somewhere far below the ground, any ideas why? (I do use quicker transformation, VL can loot, better vampire and reduced VL size mods).

Also using a BBP human model, XP32's max. skelly mod but the skeleton for vampire is from your mod. Oh and HDT(sp?) physics

Hi! Really love your mod, although the melee bug really had me, Is there anyway that I can just use vanilla attack and have the idle, walk, levitate stay the same? For excample make the character use vanilla animation ONLY when in COMBAT mode? It would really be delighted. Thanks.

Sadly no. It's either one or the other.

Hmm my characters boobs are stretched and stuck somewhere far below the ground, any ideas why? (I do use quicker transformation, VL can loot, better vampire and reduced VL size mods).

Also using a BBP human model, XP32's max. skelly mod but the skeleton for vampire is from your mod. Oh and HDT(sp?) physics

If you read through the FAQ and the thread on HDTPhysics you will see this is a known issue. You can fix it on and off like so :

If you're a normal character and transform into a VampireLord and get distorted body, SAVE the game while IN VampireLord form. Shut the game down then restart and load your save. The VampireLord will then look and act right ( will use HDTPhysics ).

The same goes for reverse. Once you switch OUT of VampireLord form your normal character will be distorted. Save the game, shut down, restart, load save, and it will be fixed.

This has nothing to do with my mod and there is no way for me to fix it, this is an issue with the HDTPhysicsExtension ( I use it to BTW ).