Shaydows VampireLord OVERHAUL

Guest LogicFoxX

Thanks Shadow, this is exactly what I needed, I replaced the armor with lustandria's daedric armor, if I knew how to do the animation, I'd love to do the wings flapping and fix the powerattack for left mouse button. But all and all, amazing job, thank you very very much!

Thanks Shadow, this is exactly what I needed, I replaced the armor with lustandria's daedric armor, if I knew how to do the animation, I'd love to do the wings flapping and fix the powerattack for left mouse button. But all and all, amazing job, thank you very very much!

Is the power attack for left mouse not working with the v2 melee fix?

ok i tried copying my femalehead.nif, femalehead.tri, femaleheadchargen.tri, femaleheadrace.tri and renaming them and placing them in the data/meshes/actors/vampirelord/replacer but my face is still fucked up when i transform

what am i doing wrong? sorry for all these questions, still trying to learn

if you use ECE, that's the problem.

Celestial and the "DLC1VampireBeastRace" of this mod are an unsupported races and thus ECE can not correctly render the face.

I play a monli with ECE and to be able to use this mod I had to edit the esp file...  :D

Hi,

Sorry the quote did not work.  What changed did you do to the ESP to have it work with ECE?  I'm having the exact same problem.  Actually if it is authorise by the author could you post your ESP so we can benefit from your good work. :D 

ok i tried copying my femalehead.nif, femalehead.tri, femaleheadchargen.tri, femaleheadrace.tri and renaming them and placing them in the data/meshes/actors/vampirelord/replacer but my face is still fucked up when i transform

Celestial and the "DLC1VampireBeastRace" of this mod are an unsupported races and thus ECE can not correctly render the face.

I play a monli with ECE and to be able to use this mod I had to edit the esp file...  :D

Hi,

Sorry the quote did not work.  What changed did you do to the ESP to have it work with ECE?  I'm having the exact same problem.  Actually if it is authorise by the author could you post your ESP so we can benefit from your good work. :D

After a lot of trial and error I figured out what you need to change in the esp to have it work with ECE.

With the Creation Kit open Characters -> Race -> DLC1VampireBeastRace.

In DLC1VampireBeastRace under 'Face Data' uncheck 'Overlay head part list'. After doing that, the faces were the same for me at least.

Edit: The eyes are still wrong for me, but at least it's a lot closer to the correct face

Attached the modified esp. I'll remove it if author wants me to.

Shaydows VampireLord Replacer OVERHAUL.esp

Hi,

After a lot of trial and error I figured out what you need to change in the esp to have it work with ECE.

With the Creation Kit open Characters -> Race -> DLC1VampireBeastRace.

In DLC1VampireBeastRace under 'Face Data' uncheck 'Overlay head part list'. After doing that, the faces were the same for me at least.

Edit: The eyes are still wrong for me, but at least it's a lot closer to the correct face

Attached the modified esp. I'll remove it if author wants me to.

attachicon.gifShaydows VampireLord Replacer OVERHAUL.esp

Thank you, I used your esp and it worked like a charm :D  and thank you Shaydow for a wonderfull mod :D.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if it is race compatibility or something, but my characters hands and feet don't show up. Now that I mention it the wings don't show up either. I am using the Ningheim race and everything works fine except for things not showing up. 

It's not your race, I'm almost 100 sure your using the vampire mod that added capes to the vampire lord. It conflicts, since the designer of that mod decided to attach the cape to the hands and feet for some odd reason.

Just use the version that doesn't add the capes I think will fix your problem.

*edit* yes found the posts about this on page 5 :

Ok, I finally found out why my character didn't have any hands when transformed. I was using the Royal Bloodline mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22565/?

Apparently I was using the Vampire Lord Replacer that adds a cape, so I just had to switch to the "No cape" version and it worked. My character has hands now and everything seems to work fine now.

Vampire Lords use only 4 slots IIRC ( sorry been awhile since I actually MADE the mod ) for armors that are equipped when transformed. Head, gloves, feet, and body. What your describing, that mod attached a cape to the glove slot, so when you used my mod along side it, the two conflicted and my hand slot was not being shown in game ( it explains your invisible hands ). That mod was overwriting mine, but the hands wouldn't show since they were meant for the original Vampire Lord ( I assume ). So you saw all my other changes, and the cape, but not the hands. Original Vanilla Vampire Lords have all 4 slots taken, but only the Body is used. It would seem that the maker of that mod attached the cape to the hand slot.

Not sure if it is race compatibility or something, but my characters hands and feet don't show up. Now that I mention it the wings don't show up either. I am using the Ningheim race and everything works fine except for things not showing up. 

It's not your race, I'm almost 100 sure your using the vampire mod that added capes to the vampire lord. It conflicts, since the designer of that mod decided to attach the cape to the hands and feet for some odd reason.

Just use the version that doesn't add the capes I think will fix your problem.

*edit* yes found the posts about this on page 5 :

Ok, I finally found out why my character didn't have any hands when transformed. I was using the Royal Bloodline mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22565/?

Apparently I was using the Vampire Lord Replacer that adds a cape, so I just had to switch to the "No cape" version and it worked. My character has hands now and everything seems to work fine now.

Vampire Lords use only 4 slots IIRC ( sorry been awhile since I actually MADE the mod ) for armors that are equipped when transformed. Head, gloves, feet, and body. What your describing, that mod attached a cape to the glove slot, so when you used my mod along side it, the two conflicted and my hand slot was not being shown in game ( it explains your invisible hands ). That mod was overwriting mine, but the hands wouldn't show since they were meant for the original Vampire Lord ( I assume ). So you saw all my other changes, and the cape, but not the hands. Original Vanilla Vampire Lords have all 4 slots taken, but only the Body is used. It would seem that the maker of that mod attached the cape to the hand slot.

I went through and looked just in case but I didn't have any mods that edited vampire lords, so I am not sure what to do. It isn't unplayable, just a little annoying. I is still way better than playing with the vanilla version though.

I also tried playing with a vanilla race just to make sure and it's still the same.

I still can't seem to find a way to fix the hands, feet, and wings not showing up. Even though I didn't have any vampire mods besides this one I tried installing one without armor and still a no go.

I'm not getting much to work on then. I'm sorry this is the answer, I thought I had the answer. Without anything else to go on I wouldn't know WHY it is doing it to you, and I am sorry it is.

The best I can ask is, have you tried moving this mod down to the bottom of your load order? Have you tried ( and this is a way to know sometimes what is what, I wrote a guide about it here someplace ) just turning off all mods but this one and checking if it happens? If it DOESN'T happen with all your other mods turned off, then it is another mod, and I can start to work with you on that.

P.S : I'm not saying LEAVE all your mods off, a lot of people get confused. Just have a save game you have problems with, turn off all mods but mine, load that game , and try. Does it still do it? If NOT, we know it's another mod, if it still DOES, we know it is something caused by a loose file(s) in your Skyrim. 

I still can't seem to find a way to fix the hands, feet, and wings not showing up. Even though I didn't have any vampire mods besides this one I tried installing one without armor and still a no go.

I'm not getting much to work on then. I'm sorry this is the answer, I thought I had the answer. Without anything else to go on I wouldn't know WHY it is doing it to you, and I am sorry it is.

The best I can ask is, have you tried moving this mod down to the bottom of your load order? Have you tried ( and this is a way to know sometimes what is what, I wrote a guide about it here someplace ) just turning off all mods but this one and checking if it happens? If it DOESN'T happen with all your other mods turned off, then it is another mod, and I can start to work with you on that.

P.S : I'm not saying LEAVE all your mods off, a lot of people get confused. Just have a save game you have problems with, turn off all mods but mine, load that game , and try. Does it still do it? If NOT, we know it's another mod, if it still DOES, we know it is something caused by a loose file(s) in your Skyrim. 

I turned off my other mods and it worked so I just need to figure out which mod is conflicting.

I have a strange problem when after transforming, the original vampire lord model is superimposed together with the model provided by this mod. Any ideas as to what may be wrong?

You have another mod that effects Vampire Lords would be my guess.

Hey Shaydow,

I've installed your mod and for the most part it works as it should. However, I'm experiencing the same problems as a few other people in this thread where upon transformation, the face does not bear any sort of resemblance to what my character looks like outside of VL form. I'm not using any custom races, I'm using a vanilla race along with ECE. I've NMM fan's .ESP edit and now my face bears a closer resemblance to what it originally looked like, however the actual shape of the head is not the same. Only the face-parts have changed while the sliders I used to customize my face do not transfer over. Is it a possibility to re-upload v1a to see if it will work? If people did not have this problem before, I presume whatever edits were made to the headdata are causing this issue. However, I'm not handy enough with CK to be able to fix it.

Additionally, can we hope for VLOverhaul ECE compatability? I really, really want to like this mod, but it's very annoying when I seem to be having this facial distortion problem.

Thanks!

Alright, you're probably getting sick of seeing me pop up everywhere (=P), but I was wondering, how do I change the height of the New Vampire Lord to normal 7.1 Celestial height? I feel awkward being their normal height and then going VL and shrinking to ~4 feet tall. O_O

Hey Shaydow,

I've installed your mod and for the most part it works as it should. However, I'm experiencing the same problems as a few other people in this thread where upon transformation, the face does not bear any sort of resemblance to what my character looks like outside of VL form. I'm not using any custom races, I'm using a vanilla race along with ECE. I've NMM fan's .ESP edit and now my face bears a closer resemblance to what it originally looked like, however the actual shape of the head is not the same. Only the face-parts have changed while the sliders I used to customize my face do not transfer over. Is it a possibility to re-upload v1a to see if it will work? If people did not have this problem before, I presume whatever edits were made to the headdata are causing this issue. However, I'm not handy enough with CK to be able to fix it.

Additionally, can we hope for VLOverhaul ECE compatability? I really, really want to like this mod, but it's very annoying when I seem to be having this facial distortion problem.

Thanks!

I don't use ECE compatible .tri files, I use ones for RaceMenu by Expired. That said, it is possible for you to make it compatible with whatever head data you like. While I can't remember the EXACT file path structure off the top of my head as I type this, basically look in the mod you downloaded from me AND look in the mod you installed for ECE. Find the .tri files for head data that match the same names, copy, and replace. Everything about your character should then look the same from that point on.

( I can't include head data for EVERYONE, that's impossible, especially since it is not mine :P I also don't want to / have the time to make it compatible with mods I don't use. )

Alright, you're probably getting sick of seeing me pop up everywhere (=P), but I was wondering, how do I change the height of the New Vampire Lord to normal 7.1 Celestial height? I feel awkward being their normal height and then going VL and shrinking to ~4 feet tall. O_O

I find it kind of flattering actually. 

While the height can be changed by opening the ESP in CK and changing it to whatever you want, I recommend using the following mod :

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32155/?

I use this myself. As you can see under the Werewolf in the 2nd picture for the download, you can also set your Vampire Lord height. You can make it your character default ( what I use. 0.85 scale ), you can make it smaller, bigger, etc. Much easier then me making multiple ESP's for people who want a specific height, and allows you as a user more freedom.

Hi Shaydow. Thanks for this great mod. Looks like you put a lot of love into it. I have one issue with it, though. My character's hair is staying put no matter what I tick or untick in tes5, so it clips through all helmets and hoods. Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Edit: I got it to work with all hairstyles except the HDT Ponytail, which seems to think it's a circlet or something. I find it hard to look at any other hairstyle so I'm gonna keep at it. I'd be up for redirecting it to a different head pattern with a bald head, but I'm not sure how to do that yet.

I don't use ECE compatible .tri files, I use ones for RaceMenu by Expired. That said, it is possible for you to make it compatible with whatever head data you like. While I can't remember the EXACT file path structure off the top of my head as I type this, basically look in the mod you downloaded from me AND look in the mod you installed for ECE. Find the .tri files for head data that match the same names, copy, and replace. Everything about your character should then look the same from that point on.

( I can't include head data for EVERYONE, that's impossible, especially since it is not mine :P I also don't want to / have the time to make it compatible with mods I don't use. )

Is this in CK or in the loose files? Because if we're talking about the .tri files in the meshes/actors/vampirelord/replacer folder, I've already replaced + renamed them with the .tri files from ECE and it doesn't change anything. I don't mean to be a nuisance or anything, it's just that I can see how great this mod really is and it does everything I've ever wanted in a VL replacer. You can see how I'm a bit desperate to get it working properly.  :blush: 

Hey Shaydow,

Thanks!

I find it kind of flattering actually. 

While the height can be changed by opening the ESP in CK and changing it to whatever you want, I recommend using the following mod :

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32155/?

I use this myself. As you can see under the Werewolf in the 2nd picture for the download, you can also set your Vampire Lord height. You can make it your character default ( what I use. 0.85 scale ), you can make it smaller, bigger, etc. Much easier then me making multiple ESP's for people who want a specific height, and allows you as a user more freedom.

Thanks. That did exactly what I needed.

Is this in CK or in the loose files? Because if we're talking about the .tri files in the meshes/actors/vampirelord/replacer folder, I've already replaced + renamed them with the .tri files from ECE and it doesn't change anything. I don't mean to be a nuisance or anything, it's just that I can see how great this mod really is and it does everything I've ever wanted in a VL replacer. You can see how I'm a bit desperate to get it working properly.  :blush: 

Just an FYI, while I have not had a lot of time this week ( my kids are on spring break ), I looked into this a bit and the best I can come up with is that ECE itself may not be 100% compatible with the mod. The problem being is that you are still a VampireLord, I.E, BeastRace in terms of how the game sees you. 

I also noticed that some extended sliders are now not working with the newest version of RaceMenu, but the old ones when I had them under extra do. This may be a problem with most everything in the game being flagged for " all races minus beast ". While I plan on poking around in the CK next week to see if I can do something about it, know that if I can't fix it in the CK, then it is beyond my abilities alone to fix. The .tri files themselves seem to need the flag for BeastRace, and just like the animations, I'm not qualified to do that. Maybe someone like Groovetama can come and shed some more light on this if we are lucky.

For ECE the only thing I did was redirecting the paths in the HDPT Form 83002F9A|aaVampireLordReplacerFemaleHead from the included tri paths to the default paths, that way the face should be transfered over correctly when transformed. I didn't do screenshots to compare the faces but it doesn't look like it's wrong at all.

Maybe adding a Race entry in the ECE ini would be wise but need to test around.

For some reason my screen turns black when I transform.

Last time someone mentioned this, they did not install the mod correctly and used NMM.

THIS MOD IS NOT NMM OR INSTALLER COMPATIBLE AND MUST BE INSTALLED MANUALLY.