Shaydows VampireLord OVERHAUL

I don't use ECE compatible .tri files, I use ones for RaceMenu by Expired. That said, it is possible for you to make it compatible with whatever head data you like. While I can't remember the EXACT file path structure off the top of my head as I type this, basically look in the mod you downloaded from me AND look in the mod you installed for ECE. Find the .tri files for head data that match the same names, copy, and replace. Everything about your character should then look the same from that point on.

( I can't include head data for EVERYONE, that's impossible, especially since it is not mine :P I also don't want to / have the time to make it compatible with mods I don't use. )

Is this in CK or in the loose files? Because if we're talking about the .tri files in the meshes/actors/vampirelord/replacer folder, I've already replaced + renamed them with the .tri files from ECE and it doesn't change anything. I don't mean to be a nuisance or anything, it's just that I can see how great this mod really is and it does everything I've ever wanted in a VL replacer. You can see how I'm a bit desperate to get it working properly.  :blush: 

Just an FYI, while I have not had a lot of time this week ( my kids are on spring break ), I looked into this a bit and the best I can come up with is that ECE itself may not be 100% compatible with the mod. The problem being is that you are still a VampireLord, I.E, BeastRace in terms of how the game sees you. 

I also noticed that some extended sliders are now not working with the newest version of RaceMenu, but the old ones when I had them under extra do. This may be a problem with most everything in the game being flagged for " all races minus beast ". While I plan on poking around in the CK next week to see if I can do something about it, know that if I can't fix it in the CK, then it is beyond my abilities alone to fix. The .tri files themselves seem to need the flag for BeastRace, and just like the animations, I'm not qualified to do that. Maybe someone like Groovetama can come and shed some more light on this if we are lucky.

I totally understand you're pressed for time. I appreciate you taking a moment to respond to my complaint seeing as you yourself do not use ECE. I will definitely be monitoring this thread; hopefully there is a fix for this issue. Again, I wish I could help but I am not handy at all with CK.  :-/ Overall, however -- it's an excellent mod and works as it should!

Love the mod but I have a problem. everytime I change back to human form from vampire lord it resets me back to being mortal (non vampire). it didn't do this until I add this mod. help plz.

I do have Better Vampires  and Dynamic Vapire Appearance installed but that is the only mods I have that alter anything to do with a Vampire.

Ooooh it's been so long since I tried this mod last time! It changed to muuuuch! It's amazing! ^^ I especially love the new sprint animation it looks sooooooo flighty ^^

post-34019-0-20360800-1398088710_thumb.png

I just wish the animations had the vanilla wingie behaviour, static wings look so nice on screenshots but I wish they could actually be flappy

But it's still amazing and I love how customizable it is! I love it, Keri does too ^^

post-34019-0-92379800-1398088968_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-27972500-1398089006_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-28208800-1398089060_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-55423600-1398089088_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-11257600-1398089129_thumb.png

Ok I'm going out of my mind here, spent the last 2 days trying to figure out why I get turned back to nonvampire when I transform back to human form. also I have no eyes when I turn back either. the only mods I use for the vampire are this one, Better Vampires and Dynamic Vampire Appearance.

Also when I talk to Lord Harcon (not spelled right I Know) to choose if I want to be a vampire lord or not, he transforms and the Basnishes me without giving me a choice. everything worked fine until I installed this mod. can someone plzzzzzz help. I love the look of this mod and want to use it. Shaydow you do such great work keep it up. 

I DO NOT USE ECE

Love the mod but I have a problem. everytime I change back to human form from vampire lord it resets me back to being mortal (non vampire). it didn't do this until I add this mod. help plz.

I do have Better Vampires  and Dynamic Vapire Appearance installed but that is the only mods I have that alter anything to do with a Vampire.

Ok I'm going out of my mind here, spent the last 2 days trying to figure out why I get turned back to nonvampire when I transform back to human form. also I have no eyes when I turn back either. the only mods I use for the vampire are this one, Better Vampires and Dynamic Vampire Appearance.

Also when I talk to Lord Harcon (not spelled right I Know) to choose if I want to be a vampire lord or not, he transforms and the Basnishes me without giving me a choice. everything worked fine until I installed this mod. can someone plzzzzzz help. I love the look of this mod and want to use it. Shaydow you do such great work keep it up. 

I DO NOT USE ECE

Ok I didn't ignore you ( not saying you thought so ), just was busier then normal this week AND I wanted to give some thought to and look over your problem. Well here is what I got so far :

Turns out I also seem to somehow turn back into a non - vampire when shifting out of VL form as well, but NOT ALWAYS. I have no clue what is going on with ME. However, this makes me wonder, while you are saying you are not using other Vampire Mods, are you a CUSTOM RACE? I'm just spitballing here, but it has set me wondering about some things.

As for Harkon saying no to you turning into a Vampire Lord, THAT I have really no clue on. Like NONE. This mod does not touch a single script in the game, AT ALL, it just makes the game point to different meshes / textures / Animations / Behaviors  ( something to do with animations and not to do with quests or scripts ). As far as I KNOW, as far as the GAME when your playing is concerned when your interacting within it, nothing should ever be different then your appearance when using this mod. I hope I'm right. If I'm wrong your the first to bring it to my attention.

I DO NOT USE ECE

Ok I didn't ignore you ( not saying you thought so ), just was busier then normal this week AND I wanted to give some thought to and look over your problem. Well here is what I got so far :

Turns out I also seem to somehow turn back into a non - vampire when shifting out of VL form as well, but NOT ALWAYS. I have no clue what is going on with ME. However, this makes me wonder, while you are saying you are not using other Vampire Mods, are you a CUSTOM RACE? I'm just spitballing here, but it has set me wondering about some things.

As for Harkon saying no to you turning into a Vampire Lord, THAT I have really no clue on. Like NONE. This mod does not touch a single script in the game, AT ALL, it just makes the game point to different meshes / textures / Animations / Behaviors  ( something to do with animations and not to do with quests or scripts ). As far as I KNOW, as far as the GAME when your playing is concerned when your interacting within it, nothing should ever be different then your appearance when using this mod. I hope I'm right. If I'm wrong your the first to bring it to my attention.

Np  I wasn't thinking you were ignoring me, I knew Life has probably got you busier than ever.

as for race I am playing a Breton Vanilla, don't play custom races to much.

the deal with Harkon seens to happen when He transforms into the Vamplord, I did notice that his wings look like my Characters now when he transforms.

I just uninstalled Better Vampires and gonna try it with Vampiric Thurst.

will let ya know what happens, thx for replying,

keep up the great work

Ooooh it's been so long since I tried this mod last time! It changed to muuuuch! It's amazing! ^^ I especially love the new sprint animation it looks sooooooo flighty ^^

attachicon.gifTESV 2014-04-21 15-26-43-19.png

I just wish the animations had the vanilla wingie behaviour, static wings look so nice on screenshots but I wish they could actually be flappy

But it's still amazing and I love how customizable it is! I love it, Keri does too ^^

attachicon.gifTESV 2014-04-21 15-28-43-94.pngattachicon.gifTESV 2014-04-21 15-30-31-02.pngattachicon.gifTESV 2014-04-21 15-31-00-46.pngattachicon.gifTESV 2014-04-21 15-32-05-08.pngattachicon.gifTESV 2014-04-21 15-33-43-45.png

There IS a way for me to attach wings that move, but it would require me to do some things different then most are used to :

The Vampire Lord Skeleton included in this mod would not JUST be XP32's skeleton. I have to modify it by changing it, adding a NEW node not found in other skeletons. This can achieve what I want, but MAY have problems with people who use other mods that effect Vampire Lords. I wasn't sure if I wanted to take this chance or not since I want as many people to both be able to use my mods AND mod my mods as possible to get what they want out of it.

The wings of VANILLA Vampire Lord are controlled by more then one thing, the .Nif AND the Behavior. IT IS BEYOND MY AREA OF EXPERIENCE TO MODIFY THE BEHAVIOR. The behavior controls how the wings react to things like sprinting.

So I could include a skeleton with a node never seen before, that would probably be incompatible with a few mods that I would have to help people troubleshoot the same problem more then once ( I discovered many people don't read FAQs  ), and that would use static moving wings that always moved the same based on the nif.

I just never did it.

*EDIT* P.S : I like what you did with the SC meshes. I'm glad you did what you liked with it, it looks awesome.

Hummm I think that sounds like it could be a nice experiment. It wouldn't have to be a part of the main download but if you could at least make the modifications you mentioned and uploaded it as an optional file or something maybe someone else would be able to take a looksy and do some behaviour magic on it.

But I'm wondering, the wingies I'm using are based on vanilla wings and they react to vanilla animations and skeleton. If your mod doesn't modify behaviour files shouldn't it be possible to add the vanilla wings functionality back to the animations using vanilla animations as reference?

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding everything n_n

Hummm I think that sounds like it could be a nice experiment. It wouldn't have to be a part of the main download but if you could at least make the modifications you mentioned and uploaded it as an optional file or something maybe someone else would be able to take a looksy and do some behaviour magic on it.

But I'm wondering, the wingies I'm using are based on vanilla wings and they react to vanilla animations and skeleton. If your mod doesn't modify behaviour files shouldn't it be possible to add the vanilla wings functionality back to the animations using vanilla animations as reference?

Unless I'm totally misunderstanding everything n_n

My mod does change behavior files, that is how to get the skeleton to work for the new body. It is just a behavior for the skeleton as it pertains to the animations I picked, not something I had to make specifically for this mod.

• 2 weeks later...

First of all, thank you sooooo much for making this. It actually gives me a reason use the vampire lord power, which is something I cant say for the original monstrosity. However, the body mod used seems extremely disproportionate to me, and I was wanting to replace it with the UNP mod. The only problem is that I have no idea what files need replacing. I assumed it would be in Data/meshes/actors/vampirelord//Replacer, but nothing looked right. Anyways, could you patch it for me or help me do it myself? I would really appreciate it!

EDIT: By the way, if your character is still reverting try http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/11307/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fskyrim%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D11307&pUp=1 it's how I got my vampire to stop reverting.

Shadow, for moving wings, I don't know if this will help you but modders at Russian modding form manage to make moving wings spell that adds moving wings and they act as how you would expect wings to behave (they even have separate animations for sneaking) they don't require new skeleton, I was able to get them to work with my character with no problems. On the other hand being no modder I couldn't get them to work with your vampire re-placer. If you want you can take a look.

Here is the link: http://modgames.net/load/tes_v_skyrim/animacii/animirovannye_drakoni_krylja_animated_dragon_wings/314-1-0-17515

And here is a youtube video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=arMeiA_wMJU

Shadow, for moving wings, I don't know if this will help you but modders at Russian modding form manage to make moving wings spell that adds moving wings and they act as how you would expect wings to behave (they even have separate animations for sneaking) they don't require new skeleton, I was able to get them to work with my character with no problems. On the other hand being no modder I couldn't get them to work with your vampire re-placer. If you want you can take a look.

Here is the link: http://modgames.net/load/tes_v_skyrim/animacii/animirovannye_drakoni_krylja_animated_dragon_wings/314-1-0-17515

And here is a youtube video: www.youtube.com/watch?v=arMeiA_wMJU

Oooooh! I love this this is an amazing find!

The way it's made is interesting too. It looks like the wingies aren't a piece of armour (like normal VL wingies) but an animated art object (which are sometimes attached to magic VFX like the mist that follows wispmothers)

Replacing the wings from Shaydow's overhaul won't work because of that but I think I know how it works, I'll test now and see if I can find a way around it. I think simply replacing normal wings with an invisible mesh and then adding an appropriate enchantment to the item in CK is the way.

Wheeee! I was right!

Soooo I made a small plugin that does wht I described and uses one of the wings vriants provided by Anton's mod. The test was successful, the wings unfurl (with a lovely animation) when player turns into vampire lord form and fold in when player reverts to normal. The wings respond to running, walking, sprinting and casting animations (I don't remember if they do to jumping I must have been too excited to check, sorry!) and they look wuvly <333333

If anyone else would like to test it here's my file (warning! it's just a test file meant for modders, if you don't like the wings i picked for it or other stuffs you'll have to change it yourself!) and also a few screenies. The file requires the assets from Animated Dragon Wings by Anton (also nexus linky) to be present in your data folder. The esp from that mod isn't required but I think enabling it will add sounds to the wings (I haven't tested if the sounds work without it or not).

mslVLKerriganWings.rar

post-34019-0-48241500-1399206543_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-88885000-1399206565_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-07521500-1399206584_thumb.pngpost-34019-0-05733000-1399206603_thumb.png

I DO NOT USE ECE

Np  I wasn't thinking you were ignoring me, I knew Life has probably got you busier than ever.

as for race I am playing a Breton Vanilla, don't play custom races to much.

the deal with Harkon seens to happen when He transforms into the Vamplord, I did notice that his wings look like my Characters now when he transforms.

I just uninstalled Better Vampires and gonna try it with Vampiric Thurst.

will let ya know what happens, thx for replying,

keep up the great work

Got everything working, for some reason it works great with Vampiric Thurst ( TY Ms Leeches, love the mod).

don't know why everything was messed up with Better Vampires mod.But I have a new vampire mod I have fallen in love with sooo all is good. :)

Wheeee! I was right!

Soooo I made a small plugin that does wht I described and uses one of the wings vriants provided by Anton's mod. The test was successful, the wings unfurl (with a lovely animation) when player turns into vampire lord form and fold in when player reverts to normal. The wings respond to running, walking, sprinting and casting animations (I don't remember if they do to jumping I must have been too excited to check, sorry!) and they look wuvly <333333

If anyone else would like to test it here's my file (warning! it's just a test file meant for modders, if you don't like the wings i picked for it or other stuffs you'll have to change it yourself!) and also a few screenies. The file requires the assets from Animated Dragon Wings by Anton to be present in your data folder. The esp from that mod isn't required but I think enabling it will add sounds to the wings (I haven't tested if the sounds work without it or not).

attachicon.gifmslVLKerriganWings.rar

attachicon.gifTESV 2014-05-04 14-09-53-73.pngattachicon.gifTESV 2014-05-04 14-13-37-55.pngattachicon.gifTESV 2014-05-04 14-14-54-99.pngattachicon.gifTESV 2014-05-04 14-15-27-07.png

Lovely stuff. Is there a way that me (non modder) can use this? Do I juts have to use this .esp (with data files form the original wing mod of course) and any of the .esps that comes with shadows vampire re-placer?

Lovely stuff. Is there a way that me (non modder) can use this? Do I juts have to use this .esp (with data files form the original wing mod of course) and any of the .esps that comes with shadows vampire re-placer?

I'm not like 100% sure but I'd love if you could try it and tell me the results ^^

I'm not like 100% sure but I'd love if you could try it and tell me the results ^^

It works :D

I just had 2 wings but I think I can remove the other one with just deleting the nif.

Edit: All good now after deleting the normal (non moving) wing .nif

I just wanted to stop in and tell you how much I appreciate this overhaul!

I've been a bit leery of the "horrifying were-bat" type of vampire lord since Dawnguard was released. Given the popularity of Skyrim, I couldn't believe that so few people had attempted to beautify them! Until now, I've just been using Grimoa's Vampire Lord. It's just as "ugly" as the original, but it looks like a much better sort of ugly. ^-^

The Better Vampire Lord Transformation was also pretty good, but I was always frustrated with the way it stretched out my character's limbs.

This one sets a new standard, though. :> Not just in allowing us to retain our original look with minimal stretching, but the new animations with your version match the aesthetic nicely! I can finally justify using a mod that will stop people from attacking on sight. :3 After I've played around with it a bit, I'm going to try to find some nice, necromancer-ish armor to use with it!

Apologies if this issue has been addressed already, but I've only got a few minutes before I gotta head off, and so I cannot browse the thread.

I just dowloaded this overhaul an hour ago, and was really looking forward to an actually asthetic looking Vamp Lord, however, right as the transformation finished, my game glitched in a really weird way. While my hud was still visible, and I could still use menu-based functions such as console command, journal, magic, inventory, etc, Every other visual aspect of the game stopped, leaving me with a dark blue canvass.

Are you aware of what is causing this?

Edit: Oh, nvm, was addressed on last page.

Hey, I downloaded this mod but now everytime i go from Vampire Lord to Human form my Skin from neck down changes to black and shows polygon shapes.

My head and Hands stay the normal skin but everything else is black.

I uninstalled this mod , and same thing happens anyway.

Anychance you or anyone else knows what exactly is going on?

I do have UNP TPPB with HDT installed, dont know if that has anything to do with it but any information would help!