Shaydows VampireLord OVERHAUL

Some problem here, I updated to V2, and my character face when turn into a Vamplord is somehow wrong, She kinda have this "Default Nord Face" on top of her face which is kinda creepy in a bad way :(

Like in this picture here.

KZOhASM.jpg

As per the above, you have to replace the had data with any custom head data your race uses. If V1 DIDN'T do this to you, then simply replace the v2 head data with the V1 head data. The readme I included stated that if you were already using this mod without issues, then you would probably only want to copy over the animations found in the data\meshes\actors\vampirelord folder. 

V2 over VampireLord Overhaul has been released. It is HIGHLY recommend you download the new version if you use this mod. It includes some minor fixes, as well as the MAJOR fix to melee combat thanks to Groovtama! Melee combat now works 100% with no need for optional skeletons / animations / behaviors etc!

I just installed this mod earlier today and you add an update like that?  :-/

Well at least that will let me use the animation update, thanks   :D

Edit: on second thought, I'm glad you added this

the animations are great, nice work 

Some problem here, I updated to V2, and my character face when turn into a Vamplord is somehow wrong, She kinda have this "Default Nord Face" on top of her face which is kinda creepy in a bad way :(

Like in this picture here.

KZOhASM.jpg

As per the above, you have to replace the had data with any custom head data your race uses. If V1 DIDN'T do this to you, then simply replace the v2 head data with the V1 head data. The readme I included stated that if you were already using this mod without issues, then you would probably only want to copy over the animations found in the data\meshes\actors\vampirelord folder. 

im having the same problem, i never had V1 but i just installed this mod today and after i reinstalled all my face mods my characters face still looks messed up

im having the same problem, i never had V1 but i just installed this mod today and after i reinstalled all my face mods my characters face still looks messed up

You don't re install YOUR face mods. You have to copy then RENAME your face mods and replace the ones in the data\meshes\actors\vampirelord\replacer folder.

You don't re install YOUR face mods. You have to copy then RENAME your face mods and replace the ones in the data\meshes\actors\vampirelord\replacer folder.

So... I tried your method but doesn't really work. I switch to old version and the face work perfectly (still with melee bug of course) I don't know how I mess up really.

So... I tried your method but doesn't really work. I switch to old version and the face work perfectly (still with melee bug of course) I don't know how I mess up really.

As I said earlier, if V1 face worked fine, then simply install ONLY the animations from V2 over the ones from V1.  So take the data\meshes\actors\vampirelord\animations folder from the new version and replace the ones from V1. You will have the v1 head and textures and use the new animations.

After I read you finaly fixed the combat animations I decided to try it.

Great work! :cool:

Its now my favourite vampire mod.

One one thing anoys me. as vampirelady i am much smaller than untransformed (see spoiler below).

How can I fix it?

As lordofthedread said this was intended to make sure you could fit through doorways when hovering as a VampireLord. There is a very nice mod I use myself called Player Size Adjuster that allows you to adjust not just your normal height, but also the height you are when a VampireLord and WereWolf. You can find it here :

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/32155/?

It is happing because the default included head data is meant for humanoid races not beast races. You must replace the following files with Kajiit versions :

VampireLordReplacerFemaleHead.nif

VampireLordReplacerFemaleHead.tri

VampireLordReplacerFemaleHeadChargen.tri

VampireLordReplacerFemaleHeadRaces.tri

Find this data for your Kajiit if you have replaced it already and copy and rename them as per above ( so FemaleHeadRaces.tri becomes VampireLordReplacerFemaleHeadRaces.tri, etc ). If you have never replaced these then you are using default Kajiit data. I will look through extractions and attempt to make a patch for my beast using users later on, but know I just got done getting V2 ready, so this may be later this week when I get the chance.

um ya i'm still using default Kahjiit head. only replacer mods i have is this one and the unp body and your vamp lord. since i cant find a good head replacer for the Kahjiit right now. and dear god i'm lost in the file systems X3 YAY for beeing noobling X3

It is happing because the default included head data is meant for humanoid races not beast races. You must replace the following files with Kajiit versions :

Find this data for your Kajiit if you have replaced it already and copy and rename them as per above ( so FemaleHeadRaces.tri becomes VampireLordReplacerFemaleHeadRaces.tri, etc ). If you have never replaced these then you are using default Kajiit data. I will look through extractions and attempt to make a patch for my beast using users later on, but know I just got done getting V2 ready, so this may be later this week when I get the chance.

um ya i'm still using default Kahjiit head. only replacer mods i have is this one and the unp body and your vamp lord. since i cant find a good head replacer for the Kahjiit right now. and dear god i'm lost in the file systems X3 YAY for beeing noobling X3

No it's fine. Again, I WILL release a patch to help you. I understand some people don't understand the file structure and how to rename and replace ( again, not a diss, nor am I calling you a noob, you just INSTALL mods, not everyone MAKES mods, yes? ) plus even those that do do not know how to extract, and if your using default Kahjiit head data, then it makes even it even harder on you. I have my extracted data, and I KNOW somewhere I have the data you need, I simply need the time to look through it and set up a patch file structure, zip it, then upload it. May sound easy but as a stay at home Dad of two my time is more limited then you might think :) I will TRY to make patch for you and have it under the downloads sometime this weekend ( most likely Saturday ).

I simply didn't think of my BeastRace users when I made the mod, and your the first one to mention it, so sorry about that.

Ok, I finally found out why my character didn't have any hands when transformed. I was using the Royal Bloodline mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22565/?

Apparently I was using the Vampire Lord Replacer that adds a cape, so I just had to switch to the "No cape" version and it worked. My character has hands now and everything seems to work fine now.

Vampire Lords use only 4 slots IIRC ( sorry been awhile since I actually MADE the mod ) for armors that are equipped when transformed. Head, gloves, feet, and body. What your describing, that mod attached a cape to the glove slot, so when you used my mod along side it, the two conflicted and my hand slot was not being shown in game ( it explains your invisible hands ). That mod was overwriting mine, but the hands wouldn't show since they were meant for the original Vampire Lord ( I assume ). So you saw all my other changes, and the cape, but not the hands. Original Vanilla Vampire Lords have all 4 slots taken, but only the Body is used. It would seem that the maker of that mod attached the cape to the hand slot.

No it's fine. Again, I WILL release a patch to help you. I understand some people don't understand the file structure and how to rename and replace ( again, not a diss, nor am I calling you a noob, you just INSTALL mods, not everyone MAKES mods, yes? ) plus even those that do do not know how to extract, and if your using default Kahjiit head data, then it makes even it even harder on you. I have my extracted data, and I KNOW somewhere I have the data you need, I simply need the time to look through it and set up a patch file structure, zip it, then upload it. May sound easy but as a stay at home Dad of two my time is more limited then you might think :) I will TRY to make patch for you and have it under the downloads sometime this weekend ( most likely Saturday ).

I simply didn't think of my BeastRace users when I made the mod, and your the first one to mention it, so sorry about that.

cool cool and thanks its all good i kinda want learn how toy mod this stuff but i got a long ways to go before i understand it all ^^ 

So I've got a problem that I can't seem to fix. Let me know if you have any idea how to solve this issue:

Basically I'm trying to get a mod like this (tried better vampire lord on nexus as well) to work not for my character but for serana. I have no intentions of being a vamp lord but I want her to use these models and animations (which look amazing by the way). The problem is her face. It won't adjust textures for some reason. I've replaced all of the texture files you provided with my own custom texture set and the body is replaced correctly. The body textures match my own custom set. However, her face is really dark. Normally the fix to the "gray face bug" is to simply extract the texture set in the creation kit by using ctrl +f4, but

A ) I already have those files there

B ) Her face while not in vampire lord matches fine with the body (no neck seam etc)

C ) Your files don't seem to have any other way to replace the face textures that I can see so I'm out of ideas

Everything else seems to work fine. She uses the animations, the armor, and I was able to fix her size so she doesn't look like a midget. The only thing I can't seem to fix is her face discoloration =\. This issue happens on the nexus equivalent of this mod as well so it's probably something on my end but I don't know how to fix it. The only thing I can think of is that this isn't compatible with npcs and only works correctly on the player character. Any thoughts?

ok i tried copying my femalehead.nif, femalehead.tri, femaleheadchargen.tri, femaleheadrace.tri and renaming them and placing them in the data/meshes/actors/vampirelord/replacer but my face is still fucked up when i transform

what am i doing wrong? sorry for all these questions, still trying to learn

24wgizn.jpg

ok i tried copying my femalehead.nif, femalehead.tri, femaleheadchargen.tri, femaleheadrace.tri and renaming them and placing them in the data/meshes/actors/vampirelord/replacer but my face is still fucked up when i transform

what am i doing wrong? sorry for all these questions, still trying to learn

if you use ECE, that's the problem.

Celestial and the "DLC1VampireBeastRace" of this mod are an unsupported races and thus ECE can not correctly render the face.

I play a monli with ECE and to be able to use this mod I had to edit the esp file...  :D

• 2 weeks later...