Starfield Direct looked amazing. Very promising.

Vor 17 Minuten sagte Bjornk:

Sie haben den Satz „Es ist durch und durch ein Bethesda-Spiel“ mehrmals während der Präsentation wiederholt, daher habe ich das Gefühl, dass sie es als ihr neues Meme haben wollen, und um fair zu sein: „Es funktioniert einfach“ , „Süße Lügen“ , „ Sehen Sie diesen Berg?“ etwas zu retro usw. sind zu diesem Zeitpunkt geworden. Hoffentlich werdet ihr daran denken, es in euren Post-Launch-Memes zu verwenden, ich bin sicher, Todd würde sich freuen.

Well - the German games press is already advertising with the slogan "the game with the least bugs of all our games".

really? fewer bugs than all your other games?

SIMPLY UNBELIEVABLE!

Yes ... it is ... I really don't believe it ... DOT

?

3 hours ago, belegost said:

NO PREORDERS

3 hours ago, Monoman1 said:

Yes. Not like digital shit is in short supply. Publishers like to keep this crap from the physical disk days. Weird that hunh...

No rudeness intended here, I ordered a special package, no on the watch, no on the headphones and controller package.

Don't care about early access, just wanted to get it done as by September I will be strapped for cash by necessities for winter. 

14 minutes ago, Miauzi said:

"the game with the least bugs of all our games".

Yea. That made me stop and think. Even if it technically has fewer bugs, it's not exactly an achievement... Everybody remembers backwards flying dragons...

12 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

No rudeness intended here, I ordered a special package, no on the watch, no on the headphones and controller package.

Don't care about early access, just wanted to get it done as by September I will be strapped for cash by necessities for winter. 

But games don't generally go up in price after they're released...?

1 minute ago, Monoman1 said:

But games don't generally go up in price after they're released...?

Special Packages are limited aren't they? 

You all can think what you want about my decision to Pre Order, I really don't care.

I accepted your points of view, now please accept mine.

11 minutes ago, Sir Bron said:

Special Packages are limited aren't they? 

You all can think what you want about my decision to Pre Order, I really don't care.

I accepted your points of view, now please accept mine.

Fair enough if you're set on that kind of thing. Physical stuff I can understand. My point is mainly for digital download people. I would say however that the value prospect of these things is usually pretty poor. But I'm certain you're aware of that. 

I've been guilty of buying a game on release for 60e. And by the time I actually get around to play it it's gone down to 40e or less. 

I love RPGs, like space sims and flying spaceships.

So, I .... wishlisted it. 

"the least bugs of all our games" ? F76 set the bar pretty low.

I'll wait to see what comes out in early September, then maybe I'll pull the trigger.

Let's hope it will be as moddable as Sky. (One can dream, yeah?).

Cheers

The last pre-order was for "Fallout 4" - but only because, as fans, we both really wanted the Pip-Boy.

It's been sitting on the case of my PC right in front of me ever since I got it.

If I had had the money back then to be able to afford an actual working version - that is, one that actually interacts with the game as an input device ... I would have done it.

You shouldn't always rationally question certain things ... otherwise you would have to stand in front of the fan-article shop of a well-known sports club and hold up a sign to every customer there.

... and not be surprised that every now and then one of them gives an answer with his fist or flat hand.

Edited by Miauzi

I've a couple of comments to add here, not directed at any individual in particular:

1 - Bugs.  Any company that releases any game this large and intricate is going to have unintended bugs.  Look at CDPR and Cyberpunk - it's not something that's unique to Bethesda.  I never played it myself, but wasn't No Man's Sky a buggy POS when it first released, and now people here are using it as a standard for comparison.  Any game that's so large, that is undoubtedly loaded with quests/side quests/factions/scripts/multiple endings and that has been worked on by scored (hundreds?) of people is going to have issues.  At least give them a chance to release it, let it be tested in the real world, and see how Bethesda responds with updates (or not) before condemning it.  Not saying this as a BGS fanboy, just as an interested observer.

2 - Features.  Sure, I'll bet there are a lot of features like ground vehicles and stuff that could have been added but weren't.  At some point any game studio has to stop adding features and stop development and just ship a product.  Starfield has already been in development for about 8 years, at some point BGS needs to make some of that money back.  Besides, they know modders will be adding new features of their own anyway.  The ability to mod a game to make it more fun and tailored to individual tastes shouldn't be seen as a negative.

Here is my take about Starfield, Todd, Bethesda, Xbox, Modding, Ayy Lmaos In Starfield and Previous AAA Disasters

I want to start by saying that I believe most people both here and in the gaming community in general, either read too much into stuff, or the opposite: they act like everything and everyone is either total bad or total good. My rant might be too optimistic for some but I must say I'm not a BGS "fanboy," and I find vanilla Fallout 4 extremely boring. I also think vanilla Skyrim is barely an RPG.

Main Shit

Spoiler

•This isn't going to be your typical Bethesda release

Todd said (I know, I know...) they were play-testing the game since last year. Phil Spencer also did an interview after the Direct and said all the play-testers at Xbox are playing Starfield. Apparently if it came out today, it would have the least amount of bugs compared to any other Bethesda game. The bar isn't high, but it still says A LOT compared to the recent AAA release disasters like Hogwarts: Legacy, Jedi Survivor, Battlefield 2042 etc.

•Release will be smooth. The game is solid right now and Xbox knows it.

Compared to their other big gun (Forza), Starfield is gigantic. They shit the bed with Redfall and I honestly think they knew it was bad so they just did what a good management does and cut ties with that boring ass game. No amount of polish and optimization could save it from being below average. Forza, not many people give a fuck about. So with Starfield, they need it to be good. They want this game to be the next Skyrim, they want this game to sell Gamepass for years.

•Early Access to Premium Edition is a good indicator that the game is in a good shape. Xbox & Bethesda very very confident about it.
The average customer is either going to buy a Gamepass or buy the Standart Edition. 5 days Early Access means if the game shits the bed, most people are going to stay away from it. No curated reviews, holding review copies back, biased gaming journalists... 5 days Early Access means the players themselves can just finish the entire game, find all the bugs, gameplay problems, frustrating shit and whatever... And they are also going to freely talk about it, release their footage, make fun of shit etc. Early Access Bad = Average Customer Not Buy.

•X days Early Access is a new thing AAA industry, so it's walking on thin ice. Thus why I think Xbox & Bethesda very confident with Starfield.
I can't imagine Blizzard giving Early Access for Diablo IV if it was a shit-show. There wouldn't even be a beta-testing phase. Speculate all you want, hate the executives, call AAA industry retarded... People did cause damage on AAA industry and hold their ground. They are starting to learn they can't get away with everything, especially after multiple fuck-ups like Warcraft Remake, Fallout 76, Battlefield 2042, Cyberpunk 2077 and the list goes on... They exhausted the market. If they just want to change the definition of Early Access, they should still need to be careful with it since it will cause a huge backlash and their plans are going to fall apart.

•Recent legitimate leaks & insiders make Todd shine in bright light.
Fallout 76 and CC forced by Zenimax to get that sweet MTX money because they were looking to sell themselves. Emil kicked out of position after shitty Fallout 4 decisions and probably bullied away from Starfield by Todd. Todd had almost nothing to do with Fallout 76's failure because why the fuck would he care?

•Todd never lied.
Todd doesn't lie. He just bends the truth with his own reality. Jokes aside, we all talk about their buggy nature, facial animations, lack of ladders... In the end none of this shit matters because we like the fuck out of these games. There are far better looking ones, with far better RPG mechanics, with far bigger worlds... But we put thousands of hours into BGS games. Everything else comes down to their knees compared to modding capabilities of BGS games.

•Starfield is Todd's passion project, really.
He wants to NAIL this game. Say all you want, this guy really wants to make good games but at the same time he had to satisfy the "casuals," for the sake of selling more copies and satisfy Zenimax. For a long time multiplayer annihilated the market by sales. We had a big transition period where publishers kind of got caught between that sweet MTX money and releasing quality products, competing with their "artistic," decisions. This transition phase is fading away. Todd now confidently states that the general audience is ready for a bit more hard-core RPG. The latest gameplay footage heavily backs this up.

•"Woke," media isn't an issue anymore.
Doesn't matter what you stand for. Woke media is a thing and hurts products. A bunch of people created fake publicity in Twitter and the entertainment business got fucked with diversity for the sake of diversity. Corporations don't give a fuck about diversity, they just try to follow the trend. It turned out the trend was fake. Woke media is fading away again, only the most incompetent are still trying to go after it like Netflix, because they not only invested wokeness in their upcoming products but also hired "diverse," people who have no other qualities other than being "diverse." They are the kind of people building their entire personality around their "diversity." Netflix and other incompetent fucks put them in positions of power so we still see Netflix turning every IRL race and fantasy race into black people no matter what the source material fucking says, again be it IRL or fantasy. To back this up for Starfield, I can say that Bethesda did a race-swap oopsie woopsie and even tuned down the "blackness," for at least 2 major characters but nobody gives a fuck right now. Where is the same woke community who shit the bed when they see Little Devil Inside tribe masks?

•Phil Spencer and rest of the execs at Xbox aren't greedy assholes, yet.
Xbox community is still growing as well as Gamepass, their paycheck don't rely on MTX, short-term stock market, yearly revenue or how many units X game sells. They are after the bigger fish and bound to listen to the community. Sure they might not be the most relatable gamer dudes but they are not evil corporate overlords either. Their choices when it comes to buying studios say a lot, almost every studio they bought is an RPG studio. Unlike Tencent or other big corporations, they are not after milking MTX money. 

•Creation Club for Starfield is complicated.
Now I have no idea how they will handle CC with Starfield, maybe they are not going to touch it at all or it will simply work like built-in Steam Workshop. I believe if they had the choice they would completely get rid of it at least for Starfield. But it depends on how much Zenimax has power over Bethesda and if Zenimax board is still greedy and chasing after small purchases like this, even after selling the company to Microsoft. My bet is that Bethesda can now say fuck off to Zenimax's retarded MTX ideas. But Todd still looks at mods as something people turn into a job so idk really.

•Rest of the modding community will be fine.
New animation engine or not... I believe they will give modders enough tools to make stuff. This game is built to give freedom to players, not "fake freedom," like Fallout 4 where Emil was in charge of story. This is going to be the real sandbox here and sci-fi is still a huge genre. You fantasy-exclusive people have no idea how much the sci-fi community is drooling over Starfield. They are going to come up with lots of stuff, be it animations, survival stuff, lore-friendly armors, clothing, high-heeled space suits, sexy kinky space suits you can wear in breathable atmosphere, quests, guns, mods, new spaceships, furnitures... All the sci-fi nerds gonna pour their soul into this game. I even expect to see a couple Star Citizen ships ending up as mods.

Some Far Reaches About Leaks

Spoiler

•2018 4chan leak might have a chance of being true.
I'm not talking about the one where the leaker came out 2 days later and calling their previous thread as bait to pull in actual leakers. I'm talking about the other leaker, who seems not to start any topics but rather comments on others'. He didn't talk about a lot of stuff, acted like he respects his co-workers' effort and gave little but interesting info. He even made a timestamp in front of Alduin Wall but well, it was vague as fuck and anyone can do that if they got a bit of brain.

•There are a lot of reasons the leaker could be legit...
The leaker revealed Havok getting kicked out of Creating Engine long before any other leaks. It was 2 years before one of the official Bethesda dev accidentally revealing it on LinkedIn. When both TES VI and Starfield teased by Bethesda at the same year, this leaker told everyone that Starfield is still 3-4 years away at minimum and TES VI isn't even in production, and "don't expect to see Fallout V for a long time." He said the main Bethesda team is pulled away to help Austin studio fix Fallout 76. He talked about your ship "leveling up," with you, FTL-like systems, "ladder animations," for ships, going back to Morrowind / Oblivion route, no voiced protagonist, more branching dialogues... They didn't hesitate telling people "no," or "i don't know," and mostly stayed true to their story. They didn't claim too much stuff or "revealed," shit loads of info about various things. They simply sticked to their own "territory."

•Then again, there are a couple of red flags.
The leaker said totally hand-crafted worlds. Well, this turned out to be false but this leak was 4-5 years ago so a lot could've been changed. Not to mention the procedural planets in Starfield work kind of different. Not everything is procedural, their worlds are still hand-crafted but warped around the planet to make it bigger or something like that... Kind of like Skyrim dungeons but they are instead planets now... The leaker also said they were planning to have dual-hand system back, like in Skyrim. This also wasn't shown in any gameplay footage. They claimed it will be Mass Effect but no forced Shepherd and crew... This is vague af and also implies intelligent alien civilizations from the start, which is not a thing... As far as we know at least? Biggest red flag is probably his claims about "no Skyrim-like level up," and "no space-magic." But they also said "Prey-like augmentations," so I don't know.

You can actually brush away all the ones that didn't come out true as "development changes," and it was said 5 years ago... It's not like he gave us lots of lore info, gameplay mechanics, specific location names etc...

Even if he was a LARPer he was actually pretty on point with %90 of what he said.

THE Space Game

Spoiler

Overall, for some of the lurkers out there like me... This game was going to be THE space game for a long time. We just didn't know it's scale. I was honestly okay with what they have shown with first gameplay reveal. Fallout 4 in space, mods and sex mods on top of that? It was enough for me. But this recent presentation got me blown away. They surely made most suspicious customers get hooked up with this quality presentation.

I must add that this situation is veeeery different than Cyberpunk 2077 too. They released that 48 minutes of gameplay 2 YEARS before release and it was just a single mission, carefully curated as a vertical slice. The rest of the missions don't match up to that quality in the game, so I would say CDPR spent most of their time upgrading the engine, building that massive city, implementing mechanics & features, all the meanwhile being in development hell... They got good vibes from the community with that 48 minutes verticel slice, but they had to eventually release a game and clearly 2 years weren't enough to pour in enough deep content.

Starfield is 2 months away. What you see is what you get. Everything looks miles better than Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76. We also know how much dialogue, characters, choices and branching stories Obisidan was able to shit out in a year while developing F:NV so it's safe to say Starfield is going to be filled with content when it comes to stories & choices.

Sceptical Because Other Releases?

Spoiler

It's good to stay sceptical. It's certain some of the folks here got burned by Cyberpunk 2077 so I will go with that mainly.

I was hyped for Cyberpunk 2077 too when the first 48 minutes gameplay video got released. The Witcher 3 was the real deal for me at the time. And every single time CDPR talked about Cyberpunk 2077, I was hyped even more. Mod support, cinematic dialogues, branching stories, backgrounds, roleplaying, being able to sit down at a restaurant and eat a burger??? Vanilla game already felt like a dream come true but well since I'm here I was also excited about potential sex mods even if it was first-person the community could always find a way if the game was popular enough... But the hype went down hard for me after they ramped up the marketing. People kept brushing off the red flags and said "they will be fixed with day 1 patch," but it was total bullshit for me.

They released promotional videos for each of the in-game factions, never denied when asked if we can join them but never confirmed too. They kept talking about how it's an RPG but all the promotional material marketed it like it was futuristic GTA, never showed any of the immersive roleplaying aspects they talked about, never showed your character having actual impact on the story, kept talking, kept promising and implying, kept walking around the questions... The game got delayed meme amount of times, it even got delayed after it went supposedly "gold." Do you really need any other major red flag after that?

NPCs were T posing in almost every promotional video too. Considering how shady their marketing was, it's safe to say they literally had no way to get a footage without an NPC going clown mode.

When it comes to other burns like No Man's Sky, Star Citizen, Battlefield 2042, ME: Andromeda... I was never hyped about them. No Man's Sky marketing was vague as fuck, Star Citizen was over for me when I learned that Dune worm wasn't in the game at all and the others... I mean EA was sucking their own dick consistently release after release and meanwhile I'm not a fan of Battlefield even I could see how they fucked up the serious tone of Battlefield and turned it into Fortnite for MTX money.

And ME: Andromeda... Ah... It was obvious as fuck... Focused solely on action during marketing, characters' faces hidden under their helmets almost all the time, no character speaks directly looking at the camera, whenever you see an actual face it's split-second moments and you almost never see any facial animations... I find it weird at first because this is supposed to be an RPG and it's about characters & stories... Why would you never show any of it? The more I thought about it the more I felt like they had something to hide.

They also didn't have the balls to continue with the original story and instead created another location / timeline completely isolated from the main series... The main story also felt like boring compared to what original ME offered... It wasn't even inspiring, wholesome, mysterious or whatever. It was just boring.

My 2 Cents About Horny Mods & Ayy Lmaos In Starfield

Spoiler

It all comes down to one competent horny fella creating a solid framework.

I believe animations will be fine and the world will offer lots of kinky possibilites, thus the "sex-bribe," dialogue options, slavery, rape mechanics, seduction, whoring whatever, is going to fit right in... Creatures / bestiality will be fine too. Not every single creature needs to have an animation, like bunnies or deer in Skyrim etc. there will be irrelevant stuff. But there is also going to be Deathclaw levels of creatures or dog-like / horse-like ones etc. And most likely going to have dogs or horses too, lol. Not like humanity escaped Earth completely naked and without taking any resources with them?

It all comes down to effort and if animators willing to join the ride.

I bet we will have actual intelligent humanoid aliens physically in THIS game. If not at release, they will definetly come with an all-out story expansion DLC. This way they can keep the base game clean for those who want the loneliness of space and also allow others a Mass Effect style universe filled with lots of different alien civilizations.

I mean THIS game is going to stay as the sole game for this IP. If Starfield II ever happens it will be 15-20 years later, after TES VI and Fallout V comes out.

I really don't see them keeping ayyy lmaos away from this game.

Anyways, I'm very careful with these kind of big releases. I wasn't interested in behind the scenes of gaming & studios when Todd gave all those previous "reality bending truths." I was just looking at games as just games, picked up the good shit and left the bad to rot.

But I'm following the industry for years now due to lack of new quality RPG releases. And I'm not very easy to trick when it comes to any kind of big game.

Short version: Everything looks to be fine with Starfield. Both for vanilla game and for the mods. Previous AAA disasters we witnessed the past couple years all had obvious major red flags. People just collectively coped, especially about singleplayer releases. Xbox and Bethesda seem very confident and they genuinely act like they have nothing to hide.

I will listen to "Todd and the sweet little lies," for an entire day to learn my lesson if I'm wrong about Starfield in general. But sometimes it indeed just works...

Edited by vietra
52 minutes ago, vietra said:

Here is my take about Starfield, Todd, Bethesda, Xbox, Modding, Ayy Lmaos In Starfield and Previous AAA Disasters

I want to start by saying that I believe most people both here and in the gaming community in general, either read too much into stuff, or the opposite: they act like everything and everyone is either total bad or total good. My rant might be too optimistic for some but I must say I'm not a BGS "fanboy," and I find vanilla Fallout 4 extremely boring. I also think vanilla Skyrim is barely an RPG.

Main Shit

Reveal hidden contents

•This isn't going to be your typical Bethesda release

Todd said (I know, I know...) they were play-testing the game since last year. Phil Spencer also did an interview after the Direct and said all the play-testers at Xbox are playing Starfield. Apparently if it came out today, it would have the least amount of bugs compared to any other Bethesda game. The bar isn't high, but it still says A LOT compared to the recent AAA release disasters like Hogwarts: Legacy, Jedi Survivor, Battlefield 2042 etc.

•Release will be smooth. The game is solid right now and Xbox knows it.

Compared to their other big gun (Forza), Starfield is gigantic. They shit the bed with Redfall and I honestly think they knew it was bad so they just did what a good management does and cut ties with that boring ass game. No amount of polish and optimization could save it from being below average. Forza, not many people give a fuck about. So with Starfield, they need it to be good. They want this game to be the next Skyrim, they want this game to sell Gamepass for years.

•Early Access to Premium Edition is a good indicator that the game is in a good shape. Xbox & Bethesda very very confident about it.
The average customer is either going to buy a Gamepass or buy the Standart Edition. 5 days Early Access means if the game shits the bed, most people are going to stay away from it. No curated reviews, holding review copies back, biased gaming journalists... 5 days Early Access means the players themselves can just finish the entire game, find all the bugs, gameplay problems, frustrating shit and whatever... And they are also going to freely talk about it, release their footage, make fun of shit etc. Early Access Bad = Average Customer Not Buy.

•X days Early Access is a new thing AAA industry, so it's walking on thin ice. Thus why I think Xbox & Bethesda very confident with Starfield.
I can't imagine Blizzard giving Early Access for Diablo IV if it was a shit-show. There wouldn't even be a beta-testing phase. Speculate all you want, hate the executives, call AAA industry retarded... People did cause damage on AAA industry and hold their ground. They are starting to learn they can't get away with everything, especially after multiple fuck-ups like Warcraft Remake, Fallout 76, Battlefield 2042, Cyberpunk 2077 and the list goes on... They exhausted the market. If they just want to change the definition of Early Access, they should still need to be careful with it since it will cause a huge backlash and their plans are going to fall apart.

•Recent legitimate leaks & insiders makes Todd shine in bright light.
Fallout 76 and CC forced by Zenimax to get that sweet MTX money because they were looking to sell themselves. Emil kicked out of position after shitty Fallout 4 decisions and probably bullied away from Starfield by Todd. Todd had almost nothing to do with Fallout 76's failure because why the fuck would he care?

•Todd never lied.
Todd doesn't lie. He just bends the truth with his own reality. Jokes aside, we all talk about their buggy nature, facial animations, lack of ladders... In the end none of this shit matters because we like the fuck out of these games. There are far better looking ones, with far better RPG mechanics, with far bigger worlds... But we put thousands of hours into BGS games. Everything else comes down to their knees compared to modding capabilities of BGS games.

•Starfield is Todd's passion project, really.
He wants to NAIL this game. Say all you want, this guy really wants to make good games but at the same time he had to satisfy the "casuals," for the sake of selling more copies and satisfy Zenimax. For a long time multiplayer annihilated the market by sales. We had a big transition period where publishers kind of got caught between that sweet MTX money and releasing quality products, competing with their "artistic," decisions. This transition phase is fading away. Todd now confidently states that the general audience is ready for a bit more hard-core RPG. The latest gameplay footage heavily backs this up.

•"Woke," media isn't an issue anymore.
Doesn't matter what you stand for. Woke media is a thing and hurts products. A bunch of people created fake publicity in Twitter and the entertainment business got fucked with diversity for the sake of diversity. Corporations don't give a fuck about diversity, they just try to follow the trend. It turned out the trend was fake. Woke media is fading away again, only the most incompetent are still trying to go after it like Netflix, because they not only invested wokeness in their upcoming products but also hired "diverse," people who have no other qualities other than being "diverse." They are the kind of people building their entire personality around their "diversity." Netflix and other incompetent fucks put them in positions of power so we still see Netflix turning every IRL race and fantasy race into black people no matter what the source material fucking says, again be it IRL or fantasy.

•Phil Spencer and rest of the execs at Xbox aren't greedy assholes, yet.
Xbox community is still growing as well as Gamepass, their paycheck don't rely on MTX, short-term stock market, yearly revenue or how many units X game sells. They are after the bigger fish and bound to listen to the community. Sure they might not be the most relatable gamer dudes but they are not evil corporate overlords either. Their choices when it comes to buying studios say a lot, almost every studio they bought is an RPG studio. Unlike Tencent or other big corporations, they are not after milking MTX money. 

•Creation Club for Starfield is complicated.
Now I have no idea how they will handle CC with Starfield, maybe they are not going to touch it at all or it will simply work like built-in Steam Workshop. I believe if they had the choice they would completely get rid of it at least for Starfield. But it depends on how much Zenimax has power over Bethesda and if Zenimax board is still greedy and chasing after small purchases like this, even after selling the company to Microsoft. My bet is that Bethesda can now say fuck off to Zenimax's retarded MTX ideas. But Todd still looks at mods as something people turn into a job so idk really.

•Rest of the modding community will be fine.
New animation engine or not... I believe they will give modders enough tools to make stuff. This game is built to give freedom to players, not "fake freedom," like Fallout 4 where Emil was in charge of story. This is going to be the real sandbox here and sci-fi is still a huge genre. You fantasy-exclusive people have no idea how much the sci-fi community is drooling over Starfield. They are going to come up with lots of stuff, be it animations, survival stuff, lore-friendly armors, clothing, high-heeled space suits, sexy kinky space suits you can wear in breathable atmosphere, quests, guns, mods, new spaceships, furnitures... All the sci-fi nerds gonna pour their soul into this game. I even expect to see a couple Star Citizen ships ending up as mods.

Some Far Reaches About Leaks

Reveal hidden contents

•2018 4chan leak might have a chance of being true.
I'm not talking about the one where the leaker came out 2 days later and calling their previous thread as bait to pull in actual leakers. I'm talking about the other leaker, who seems not to start any topics but rather comments on others'. He didn't talk about a lot of stuff, acted like he respects his co-workers' effort and gave little but interesting info. He even made a timestamp in front of Alduin Wall but well, it was vague as fuck and anyone can do that if they got a bit of brain.

•There are a lot of reasons the leaker could be legit...
The leaker revealed Havok getting kicked out of Creating Engine long before any other leaks. It was 2 years before one of the official Bethesda dev accidentally revealing it on LinkedIn. When both TES VI and Starfield teased by Bethesda at the same year, this leaker told everyone that Starfield is still 3-4 years away at minimum and TES VI isn't even in production, and "don't expect to see Fallout V for a long time." He said the main Bethesda team is pulled away to help Austin studio fix Fallout 76. He talked about your ship "leveling up," with you, FTL-like systems, "ladder animations," for ships, going back to Morrowind / Oblivion route, no voiced protagonist, more branching dialogues... They didn't hesitate telling people "no," or "i don't know," and mostly stayed true to their story. They didn't claim too much stuff or "revealed," shit loads of info about various things. They simply sticked to their own "territory."

•Then again, there are a couple of red flags.
The leaker said totally hand-crafted worlds. Well, this turned out to be false but this leak was 4-5 years ago so a lot could've been changed. Not to mention the procedural planets in Starfield work kind of different. Not everything is procedural, their worlds are still hand-crafted but warped around the planet to make it bigger or something like that... Kind of like Skyrim dungeons but they are instead planets now... The leaker also said they were planning to have dual-hand system back, like in Skyrim. This also wasn't shown in any gameplay footage. They claimed it will be Mass Effect but no forced Shepherd and crew... This is vague af and also implies intelligent alien civilizations from the start, which is not a thing... As far as we know at least? Biggest red flag is probably his claims about "no Skyrim-like level up," and "no space-magic." But they also said "Prey-like augmentations," so I don't know.

You can actually brush away all the ones that didn't come out true as "development changes," and it was said 5 years ago... It's not like he gave us lots of lore info, gameplay mechanics, specific location names etc...

Even if he was a LARPer he was actually pretty on point with %90 of what he said.

THE Space Game

Reveal hidden contents

Overall, for some of the lurkers out there like me... This game was going to be THE space game for a long time. We just didn't know it's scale. I was honestly okay with what they have shown with first gameplay reveal. Fallout 4 in space, mods and sex mods on top of that? It was enough for me. But this recent presentation got me blown away. They surely made most suspicious customers get hooked up with this quality presentation.

I must add that this situation is veeeery different than Cyberpunk 2077 too. They released that 48 minutes of gameplay 2 YEARS before release and it was just a single mission, carefully curated as a vertical slice. The rest of the missions don't match up to that quality in the game, so I would say CDPR spent most of their time upgrading the engine, building that massive city, implementing mechanics & features, all the meanwhile being in development hell... They got good vibes from the community with that 48 minutes verticel slice, but they had to eventually release a game and clearly 2 years weren't enough to pour in enough deep content.

Starfield is 2 months away. What you see is what you get. Everything looks miles better than Skyrim, Fallout 4 and Fallout 76. We also know how much dialogue, characters, choices and branching stories Obisidan was able to shit out in a year while developing F:NV so it's safe to say Starfield is going to be filled with content when it comes to stories & choices.

Sceptical Because Other Releases?

Reveal hidden contents

It's good to stay sceptical. It's certain some of the folks here got burned by Cyberpunk 2077 so I will go with that mainly.

I was hyped for Cyberpunk 2077 too when the first 48 minutes gameplay video got released. The Witcher 3 was the real deal for me at the time. And every single time CDPR talked about Cyberpunk 2077, I was hyped even more. Mod support, cinematic dialogues, branching stories, backgrounds, roleplaying, being able to sit down at a restaurant and eat a burger??? Vanilla game already felt like a dream come true but well since I'm here I was also excited about potential sex mods even if it was first-person the community could always find a way if the game was popular enough... But the hype went down hard for me after they ramped up the marketing. People kept brushing off the red flags and said "they will be fixed with day 1 patch," but it was total bullshit for me.

They released promotional videos for each of the in-game factions, never denied when asked if we can join them but never confirmed too. They kept talking about how it's an RPG but all the promotional material marketed it like it was futuristic GTA, never showed any of the immersive roleplaying aspects they talked about, never showed your character having actual impact on the story, kept talking, kept promising and implying, kept walking around the questions... The game got delayed meme amount of times, it even got delayed after it went supposedly "gold." Do you really need any other major red flag after that?

NPCs were T posing in almost every promotional video too. Considering how shady their marketing was, it's safe to say they literally had no way to get a footage without an NPC going clown mode.

When it comes to other burns like No Man's Sky, Star Citizen, Battlefield 2042, ME: Andromeda... I was never hyped about them. No Man's Sky marketing was vague as fuck, Star Citizen was over for me when I learned that Dune worm wasn't in the game at all and the others... I mean EA was sucking their own dick consistently release after release and meanwhile I'm not a fan of Battlefield even I could see how they fucked up the serious tone of Battlefield and turned it into Fortnite for MTX money.

And ME: Andromeda... Ah... It was obvious as fuck... Focused solely on action during marketing, characters' faces hidden under their helmets almost all the time, no character speaks directly looking at the camera, whenever you see an actual face it's split-second moments and you almost never see any facial animations... I find it weird at first because this is supposed to be an RPG and it's about characters & stories... Why would you never show any of it? The more I thought about it the more I felt like they had something to hide.

They also didn't have the balls to continue with the original story and instead created another location / timeline completely isolated from the main series... The main story also felt like boring compared to what original ME offered... It wasn't even inspiring, wholesome, mysterious or whatever. It was just boring.

My 2 Cents About Horny Mods & Ayy Lmaos In Starfield

Reveal hidden contents

It all comes down to one competent horny fella creating a solid framework.

I believe animations will be fine and the world will offer lots of kinky possibilites, thus the "sex-bribe," dialogue options, slavery, rape mechanics, seduction, whoring whatever, is going to fit right in... Creatures / bestiality will be fine too. Not every single creature needs to have an animation, like bunnies or deer in Skyrim etc. there will be irrelevant stuff. But there is also going to be Deathclaw levels of creatures or dog-like / horse-like ones etc. And most likely going to have dogs or horses too, lol. Not like humanity escaped Earth completely naked and without taking any resources with them?

It all comes down to effort and if animators willing to join the ride.

I bet we will have actual intelligent humanoid aliens physically in THIS game. If not at release, they will definetly come with an all-out story expansion DLC. This way they can keep the base game clean for those who want the loneliness of space and also allow others a Mass Effect style universe filled with lots of different alien civilizations.

I mean THIS game is going to stay as the sole game for this IP. If Starfield II ever happens it will be 15-20 years later, after TES VI and Fallout V comes out.

I really don't see them keeping ayyy lmaos away from this game.

Anyways, I'm very careful with these kind of big releases. I wasn't interested in behind the scenes when Todd gave all those previous lies. I was just looking at games as just games, picked up the good shit and left the bad to rot.

But I'm following the industry for years now due to lack of new quality RPG releases. And I'm not very easy to trick when it comes to any kind of big game.

Short version: Everything looks to be fine with Starfield. Both for vanilla game and for the mods. Previous AAA disasters we witnessed the past couple years all had obvious major red flags. People just collectively coped, especially about singleplayer releases. Xbox and Bethesda seems very confident and they genuinely act like they have nothing to hide.

I will listen to "Todd and the sweet lies," for an entire day to learn my lesson if I'm wrong about Starfield in general. But sometimes it indeed just works...

May God listen to you, i want this game to be at least a bit better as a fallout 4 in space.

And i hope the modding scene picks up, because fallout 4 died quite fast. If not... i might have to become a modder and that would suck but hell if no one else does i would have to.

so ship building is going to be modular. for example the module "living quarters" comes in 10 variations with similar design and the module itself is available from like 10 different space craft makers... the interior design will be likely pre build for each variation. i am sure mods will add whatever is missing at release here. personally i would love if the player character could have his own cabin like shepard on the normandy.

1 hour ago, Nazgul115 said:

May God listen to you, i want this game to be at least a bit better as a fallout 4 in space.

And i hope the modding scene picks up, because fallout 4 died quite fast. If not... i might have to become a modder and that would suck but hell if no one else does i would have to.

I think Fallout 4 is still great in terms of mods. I play lots of singleplayer games and I should say that all of them start to feel boring when I look at the amount of mods... Not just the horny ones but also normal ones too... I also think Fallout 4 modding got a huge hit because of Skyrim Special Edition. Most modders usually go with the popular thing and Special Edition is also better than og Skyrim in terms of modding capabilities. You kind of had the same community but with blank state and lots of opportunities... Fallout 4 is also kind of a niche genre and despite that had tons of mods. It was going to get bigger if it wasn't for Special Edition, I believe. Niche or not, that game showed us Bethesda has a huge playerbase and they just want to play roleplaying games, no matter the genre.

Like in Dark Souls you can't even legitimately mod the game without playing offline because there is always the risk of getting banned. Unless you are doing PvP stuff with mods, the chances of getting banned are slim... But it can always happen to someone, and it could be you. Pff... After playing so much BGS games with tons of mods... I can't stop myself thinking how would Elden Ring or Dark Souls X look like with BGS levels of modding availability... Imagine all the kinky & casual shit the community could throw out there... The last time I bought a game was Elden Ring after I checked the reviews on Steam. I was busy with other stuff so I didn't spend much time looking up Elden Ring. I was kind of exhausted from playing too much Souls games too.

I didn't buy Diablo IV because even though I was sure the game would be solid it wasn't for me. It's not really an RPG in terms of roleplaying. It's the kind of RPG where you constantly look at numbers, stats, solving mathematical problems... I call them Stat RPGs.

BGS makes actual action-ROLEPLAYING games. Even Fallout 4 with Emil in charge of story has far better roleplaying options than what the market offers on average.

Anyways, I bought Premium Edition simply because I can afford it and I'm going to play the game regardless if it's a classic Bethesda launch / if it's Fallout 4 in space. But I will come back here to let you guys know if I was wrong about it or not.

Or to tell you if ayyy lmaos are in the game.

Edited by vietra
7 hours ago, Kif_kroker said:

so ship building is going to be modular. for example the module "living quarters" comes in 10 variations with similar design and the module itself is available from like 10 different space craft makers... the interior design will be likely pre build for each variation. i am sure mods will add whatever is missing at release here. personally i would love if the player character could have his own cabin like shepard on the normandy.

If there's no bathroom with a working toilet, every last one of them is a waste of.... What kind of money do they use in Starfield? Well let's just call them 'Space Bucks'.

Also if I can't make the Spaceballs 'Flying Winnebago', it's a waste of 'Space Bucks'.

Spoiler

And yes, that was all just a joke.

I'll have to look around and see what the various Pre-order options are for the different retailers when it comes to the PC version. So far, I really haven't found much. Steam has a couple add-ons, but I'm not really one for digital artbooks and the like. Call me old-school, but I sorta am. I much prefer hardcopy. I have more books in my library than I have shelf space for, and I have more than a few shelves. CD's and DVD's/Blu-rays piling up everywhere.

I never have to worry about an electrical glitch wiping out my music collection, or batteries dying when I'm reading a book.

Hardcover Strategy Guide?  Yes please.

Generic Ship replica? hell yeah.

These would be nice.

Weird to see people here not seeing the potential this game has for modding and creators, and not just for modders. With modded assets people who don't know how to mod will be able to create their own stuff.

The companion system, building system, skill system, etc, are all greatly, greatly improved to whatever we had in Skyrim, and even FO4. Yes, the vanilla companions might be poorly written in Bethesda style, but we can fix that.

I believe most of the "issues" in this game are things that are easily fixed by modders. No need for that many extra frameworks like in Skyrim. I mainly think it's just content that will be lacking + aesthetic variety + writing, and these things usually don't require big extra systems that only a few (of the few that are able) are willing to put the effort in to create.

There's literally planets that you can just make content out of. If modders want to they can just create Skyrim on a planet, with a superior engine. If you don't like scifi you can just play this way.

Vehicles would've been cool, but in no way are they necessary for the RPG aspect of this game which I'm most excited about. 

The revamped skill system is so good, it's what I've been imagining for so many years, but no-one caught on. Having to do challenges for perks is amazing for the rp feel. Especially if we extend this to lewd activities~

And that does bring me to this: the initial framework for sex is going to be VERY important. We really have to nail it, because that is what most other lewd modders will be working with. With SL we saw a good variety of mods, but there were also many limits, and new modders just had to put up with them. In FO4 it wasn't great at all.
I might make a thread in a month or so to discuss necessary features and see what we all want from this framework.

Edited by hompie
41 minutes ago, DocClox said:

Was patched in what? Two days?

Bit embarrassing for BGS, but didn't really hurt anyone.

And there are bugs that are present to this day.

Please don't go to bat for mega corporations that couldn't give a rats ass about you

Shareholders are their customers. Not you. 

Vor 4 Minuten sagte Monoman1:

Und es gibt Fehler, die bis heute vorhanden sind.

Bitte gehen Sie nicht auf die Jagd nach Megakonzernen, die sich einen Dreck um Sie scheren

Aktionäre sind ihre Kunden. Nicht du. 

one could consider the rubbish planet a curiosity ... if it did not symbolise the fundamentally wrong approach in the creation of the entire game.

The sheer existence and the inability to eliminate it shows ... what a rubbish product they have been dealing with for more than 10 years.

sadly again terrible unrealistic stuff...animations which I see from the moving ships, characters and also the physic-engine is sadly not working in a serious way, compared with other engines...

if such a theme of science fiction should be a game´s creation choice, nowadays I ´d try to get a more realistic physics and more realistic and disciplined feel for distances...this is another simple shooter with those attack-stuff and changable screneries between flying a spaceship to shoot, running around as character to shoot and simply only to wast time...

the overall status of the technical possibilities is sadly not compensating a lost and wasted content...this all looks like "we did not really know what to do with all our possibilities and developing-$$$...I´m very sorry-FO4 was better in compare....anyway is FO4 also interesting nobody really...shooting around is little too less for a game these days...

the real inovations which would lead a new generation of games by using a more serious physics-and animation engine has again been ignored...

...okay-$60+ for this makes some users to buy the next generations of GPUs and CPUs for technical improvements...your turn:-)

36 minutes ago, Monoman1 said:

Please don't go to bat for mega corporations that couldn't give a rats ass about you

Shareholders are their customers. Not you. 

:)

You obviously never read my criticisms of Fallout 4.  If I think something is crap, I'll say so. Regardless of publisher.

That said, raising the backwards dragons blows things way out of proportion. It was a silly bug that slipped past one QA in one of the early updates to the game and was promptly patched. Do Bethesda deserve to be laughed at for that gaffe? Certainly! But buggy as their games are, the dragon incident is hardly representative.

Vor 8 Minuten sagte DocClox:

:)

Offensichtlich haben Sie meine Kritik an Fallout 4 nie gelesen. Wenn ich denke, dass etwas Mist ist, sage ich es. Unabhängig vom Verlag.

Das heißt, die Aufzucht der rückständigen Drachen bringt die Dinge völlig ins Unverhältnis. Es war ein dummer Fehler, der in einem der frühen Updates des Spiels einer Qualitätssicherung entgangen war und umgehend behoben wurde. Hat Bethesda es verdient, für diesen Fauxpas ausgelacht zu werden? Sicherlich! Aber so fehlerhaft ihre Spiele auch sind, der Vorfall mit dem Drachen ist kaum repräsentativ.

what quality assurance?

Bugdesta games have quality assurance?

So you mean WITHOUT this the games would be even worse in terms of bugs?

O.M.G. - UNBELIEVABLE