"What mod is this?" VI

The Matrix Prime

45709.jpg

If anyone is running with an ENB and settings that achieve this kind of look, I'd greatly appreciate knowing how you got it.

I actually literally came back here after seeing how Opethfeldt looks in interiors.  I was pretty disheartened.  Dim, blurry and indistinct.  You could well save this ENB, if you'd be willing to give details on what tweaks you made, since it sounds like you and I have more or less the same tastes

EToneMappingCurveV2Night=1.5 (default is 4.0)

EToneMappingOversaturationV2Night=10.0 (default is 20.0)

EToneMappingCurveV2Interior=1.0 (default is 4.0)

EToneMappingOversaturationV2Interior=10.0 (default is 20.0)

I like good visibility indoors and at night.

As do I.  In FONV, somewhat infamously, if one wished to correct the famous "orange tint" in the game, or use better clouds, pretty much every mod that did so also came with a non-defeatable night darkener, taking it for granted that people wanted "realism" across the board.  I'll try out your settings.  Thanks.

I tried ELFX and RLO and did not like how it made certain areas pitch black on my game.

Truthfully I'm a bit torn.  Skyrim's interiors definitely suffer from an overabundance of ambient light, and I can't help but regard some of the RLO / ELFX images jealously.  I'd probably actually try to go with ELFX if it didn't make every single fire-lit room absolutely crushingly orange.  ELFX also does basically ignore the fact that light reflects all over a room; it doesn't just stop at the first surface it hits.  It looks great but also surreal, sort of like that one ultra-dark area in Dark Souls.

I have been using Lanterns of Skyrim as well to add exterior lighting. Interestingly, although I'm not using RLO, I like the look of the Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - RLO preset best with this ENB, but you may find the other presets to suit your taste better.

Not 100% sure what my tastes are for indoors.  Not monotonously orange, at any rate.  Not artificially dim, like CoT's dark settings which dim even the fires. ( :s)  Good contrast, yes, which ELFX certainly brings.  I do know what I want for outdoors and it is danged elusive.  Even Opethfeltd has not yet delivered.  It's the look in my final screenshot, which is pretty similar to shots of RealVision, such as this:

30936-4-1377342222.jpg

The ENB isn't afraid to overexpose brightness on bright surfaces, which is critical to getting the correct look.  I'll add, though, that I sure am getting pretty sick of DoF.  It's cheating.  Who actually plays a game with vision that swaps between nearsightedness and farsightedness?  Nobody.  Give some honest screenshots, I say, so we can see the actual detail.

Also I noticed that even with ENBs that are designed with CoT, only certain weather types came out looking awesome, whereas certain others looks very strange.

That is my main gripe with a CoT-based ENB.  That right there.  I don't want to have to worry about the ENB failing to look good when some mod goes off on some arbitrary tangent.

Yeah DoF does add pizzazz, which is why I did not like many of the highest endoresed ENBs because I always play with it turned off. I found that Opethfeldt actually have a pretty mild DoF in first person view when looking at landscapes. The second screenshot I posted previously with the odd visual artifact did have DoF turned on. You can see below that when in 3rd person view or looking at a specific objects/people the DoF features prominently but in the landscape scene it's barely noticeable.

Also notice that my whiterun looks awfully similar to the screens you posted previously... ;) Contrast and saturation could be tweaked in the enbeffect file as well.

post-104301-0-72797900-1393395971_thumb.jpg

post-104301-0-09279200-1393395999_thumb.jpg

post-104301-0-54997900-1393396005_thumb.jpg

post-104301-0-10544000-1393396012_thumb.jpg

pls ! link download from http://bbs.3dmgame.com/thread-4202651-1-1.html

Very very thanks for share it

I've attached the file below.

attachicon.gif【ANK黑店出品】DADAG动感婚纱套装.7z

Note that the item names are in Chinese. You'll probably have to use a program like the CK or TES5Edit to manually translate them yourself. Though if need be, I suppose I could do that tomorrow.

very thanks !

Also notice that my whiterun looks awfully similar to the screens you posted previously... ;) Contrast and saturation could be tweaked in the enbeffect file as well.

It does!  Wow, that actually cheers me up a lot.  And you're right, if I have control over the gamma, I could make it even more convincingly sunlit.  Beginning to approach proper film photoreal:

whiterun1_gamma1.jpg

What's missing is crushed highlights.  What kind of gamma control does the ENB / .ini actually give?  A flat number is not a particularly exciting way to represent a 2d curve, for example. ;p  And I also reckon gamma adjustments work better in some scenarios (outdoors) than others (dungeons).

Note that the item names are in Chinese. You'll probably have to use a program like the CK or TES5Edit to manually translate them yourself. Though if need be, I suppose I could do that tomorrow.

Thanks for the link, just checked in game it's a great set of bridal clothes, some pieces even have nice physics effect, big surprise there, but I suppose HDT physics is prerequisite of this mod now. Here I edited the esp so you won't see a bunch of squares for the item names, type "help bridal" in console to get the item IDs. Oh, it's UNP/B 100 weight only in case any of you are wondering.

BridalSet.esp

Thanks for the link, just checked in game it's a great set of bridal clothes, some pieces even have nice physics effect, big surprise there, but I suppose HDT physics is prerequisite of this mod now. Here I edited the esp so you won't see a bunch of squares for the item names, type "help bridal" in console to get the item IDs. Oh, it's UNP/B 100 weight only in case any of you are wondering.

wow,  many thanks for help ! 

~snip~

It the Dark Brotherhood armor from this vanilla replacement mod for UNP and 7B (it has BBP)... http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34160/?

I use this mod myself so thought it looked familiar. I've been attacked by assassins wearing it! :lol:

Serves you right for stealing someone's sweetrolls.

HEY! Were you spying on me or something? How'd you know it was ME stealing all those sweetrolls?

So I saw this vid on Naughty Machinima:

http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7489/skyrim-sexy-times-in-the-prison-cell

Is this an actual downloadable sexlab quest mod, or is it just a machinima? And can someone tell me where I can find it if it is a mod (not the play as Serana mod, but the quest/storyline one)?

Google search for NPC Tursam:: http://dark-investigations.blogspot.de/?zx=6754e245aacc824a

~snip~

It the Dark Brotherhood armor from this vanilla replacement mod for UNP and 7B (it has BBP)... http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34160/?

I use this mod myself so thought it looked familiar. I've been attacked by assassins wearing it! :lol:

Serves you right for stealing someone's sweetrolls.

HEY! Were you spying on me or something? How'd you know it was ME stealing all those sweetrolls?

The past month in Skyrim, there were 2024 reported cases of thieft. There were 895 lost sweetrolls, 96 lost horses, 32 losses of other trinkets and 1001 lost virginities. I was responsible for 1001 of the aforementioned crimes, and I did not steal any sweetrolls, horses or useless trinkets. If even one assassin came after you, there is a 87.5% chance you stole sweetrolls.

So I saw this vid on Naughty Machinima:

http://www.naughtymachinima.com/video/7489/skyrim-sexy-times-in-the-prison-cell

Is this an actual downloadable sexlab quest mod, or is it just a machinima? And can someone tell me where I can find it if it is a mod (not the play as Serana mod, but the quest/storyline one)?

That was called Dark Investigations, i think. It was a mod on this site, but left unfinished, as far as i know atleast. Standalone, from before SexLab even existed.

Archived