"What mod is this?" VI

The Matrix Prime

Looking for pointers on this kind of look:

Those are images from an "unreleased" ENB from over a year ago (per the link).  My jaw drops every time I see them.  When it's not a cloudy sky, that is what I want my game to look like.  Now that my mod is more or less done, I'm finally toying with ENBs, mainly to see how the mod looks with them, but also because it's time to tweak my game so I can get that photoreal look I'm after.

I already knew about Realvision.  In fact, I tried it out first.  I was put off by the fact that it relies upon Climates of Tamriel as a base.  And then ultimately I was simply not able to get anything like the look shown in the mod's various videos.  zENB was my second choice, and this fared much better, despite being a relatively unknown and unsupported ENB based on an old version.  But the look of those year old screenshots above remains elusive.  Here's another shot from who knows what mod:

6-days-ago-AbstractRapture-posted-his-ma

This time, we've gone back to the middle of 2012, and I'd still be pretty happy if I got this kind of look.  Convincing sunlight is the idea here, and you can't get it without good contrast and some overexposure.

And since this is technically the adult version of What Mod Is This, I present one final specimen of lovely overexposed sunny goodness:

45709.jpg

If anyone is running with an ENB and settings that achieve this kind of look, I'd greatly appreciate knowing how you got it.  I'll amend that by pointing out that simply saying "Realvision" or whatever isn't quite what I'm after; I tried it already, and out of the package at least it was a failure.

after having a look at some ofhis other screenshots, I came across a post where he mentions this enb

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/18941/?

might be worth checking out

Ahhh.. yes.  That's the one alright.  Opethfeldt.  It would, of course, be the one ENB most infamous for its processing overhead. ;p  Scary that people were making screenshots of it over a year ago and it's still basically the beast in 2014.

I'd seen the ENB in action before but it always looked frankly too dim.  I'm heartened to see that even some of the provided screenshots have that photoreal look though.  Maybe that means it'll be fairly straightforward to accomplish the same for myself.

Looking for pointers on this kind of look:

Those are images from an "unreleased" ENB from over a year ago (per the link).  My jaw drops every time I see them.  When it's not a cloudy sky, that is what I want my game to look like.  Now that my mod is more or less done, I'm finally toying with ENBs, mainly to see how the mod looks with them, but also because it's time to tweak my game so I can get that photoreal look I'm after.

I already knew about Realvision.  In fact, I tried it out first.  I was put off by the fact that it relies upon Climates of Tamriel as a base.  And then ultimately I was simply not able to get anything like the look shown in the mod's various videos.  zENB was my second choice, and this fared much better, despite being a relatively unknown and unsupported ENB based on an old version.  But the look of those year old screenshots above remains elusive.  Here's another shot from who knows what mod:

6-days-ago-AbstractRapture-posted-his-ma

This time, we've gone back to the middle of 2012, and I'd still be pretty happy if I got this kind of look.  Convincing sunlight is the idea here, and you can't get it without good contrast and some overexposure.

And since this is technically the adult version of What Mod Is This, I present one final specimen of lovely overexposed sunny goodness:

45709.jpg

If anyone is running with an ENB and settings that achieve this kind of look, I'd greatly appreciate knowing how you got it.  I'll amend that by pointing out that simply saying "Realvision" or whatever isn't quite what I'm after; I tried it already, and out of the package at least it was a failure.

I'm not sure what this "unreleased" ENB is but Opethfeldt ENB achieves a similar daytime look. Very bright with realistic shadows and eye adaptation. Although the interiors and nights can be very very dark, but you can tweak it by adjusting the appropriate values in enbeffects.fx. Make sure you follow the install instructions though, it needs the extra enbhelper.dll to work properly. I went through a similar thing where I tried many many of the most popular ENBs without being satisfied. I honest gave Realvision a good go but just could not like it... not to mention my over-modded game couldn't handle the extra performance strain. I just started using Opethfeldt recently and have been in love with the preset ever since (after the interior and night tweaks). Some people reports performance hits but for me it's not that bad. Attached are some of my recent screenshots as samples.

post-104301-0-86624900-1393314918_thumb.jpg

post-104301-0-15607800-1393314926_thumb.jpg

post-104301-0-65161600-1393315025_thumb.jpg

45709.jpg

I'm not sure what this "unreleased" ENB is but Opethfeldt ENB achieves a similar daytime look.

Yes, it turns out that's almost certainly what the first four shots came from.  I just now got it running.  (The final screenshot.. I'm not convinced is Opethfeldt.  Actually looks like one of those idealized Realvision scenarios.  And I really like it. ;p )

Very bright with realistic shadows and eye adaptation.

That the effect where the brightness of the scene changes based on the degree of overexposure?  I have to wonder if there's a way to turn that off and just find a happy medium because it's pretty distracting. ;p  Vanilla did it also.  zENB did not.

Although the interiors and nights can be very very dark, but you can tweak it by adjusting the appropriate values in enbeffects.fx.

I actually literally came back here after seeing how Opethfeldt looks in interiors.  I was pretty disheartened.  Dim, blurry and indistinct.  You could well save this ENB, if you'd be willing to give details on what tweaks you made, since it sounds like you and I have more or less the same tastes.  Feel free to be as specific as you like; I'll be more than happy to simply copy and paste blindly. ;p

I honest gave Realvision a good go but just could not like it... not to mention my over-modded game couldn't handle the extra performance strain.

My game's still in a fairly vanilla state because I've been spending the last several weeks making a mod that I really wanted someone else to make.  Consequently, I've been getting decent framerates.  zENB was actually the most taxing, to my great surprise.  And yeah, RealVision.  The videos make it look good.. almost what I actually want.  But I really do not like having to use both CoT and one of two lighting solutions which have certain dubious baggage.  (That said, being unable to use them is a strike against Opethfeldt.)

Attached are some of my recent screenshots as samples.

Yep, fantastic shots.  I haven't even gotten to the point where I try to make a convincingly beautiful female face so I'm jealous of your third shot.  Question, though: What do you make of the unusual phenomenon in the second shot?  The entire screenshot looks as though it has a faux vertical interlace (noticeable on the leaves).  I'm wondering whether or not this is tied to the fact that it's the only shot that isn't using DoF.

Question, though: What do you make of the unusual phenomenon in the second shot?  The entire screenshot looks as though it has a faux vertical interlace (noticeable on the leaves).  I'm wondering whether or not this is tied to the fact that it's the only shot that isn't using DoF.

It's a known issue with ENB Skylighting Filtering. Setting

[sKYLIGHTING]
FilterQuality=0

in enbseries.ini will fix the vertical lines, but it can, and probably will reduce your average fps.

Good day! Would greatly appreciate any input on how this look was achieved:

post-119255-0-78700600-1393336413_thumb.jpg

- specifically, the face (that dang nose - can't find anything like it!), hair, eyes and as an added bonus, the armor and expression animation, if possible. I have the following bits installed if it's any help:

Enhanced Character Edit

Pretty Face

Apachi Hair

Oblivion Hair Pack

Natural Eyes

Thanks!

I just need some longgg time of playing with the sliders xD

maybe a few minutes if you're good

but you'll feel much proud of yourself if you made your own character

as for hair there are some similar ones in SG Hairs, expression.... just play with the expression slider that comes with ECE

attachicon.gif46522.jpg

- specifically, the face (that dang nose - can't find anything like it!), hair, eyes and as an added bonus, the armor and expression animation, if possible. I have the following bits installed if it's any help:

Enhanced Character Edit

Pretty Face

Apachi Hair

Oblivion Hair Pack

Natural Eyes

Thanks!

With ECE, especially if you know how to use vertex edit, you can literally create ANY face you want. The only thing you need in abundance is patience. 

As for the rest, you are bordering on a minefield. I will give you the information, but I cannot guarantee what madness might follow :

You can look for SG 268 hair mod. It is forbidden to link it here.

The character is from ... er.. someone  we must not speak of. Rest assured you cannot get the outfit or ENB. 

Please understand that about the last 2, you can get no other help from here. If you push for more info, many innocents will perish in the firestorm that will follow. Take what little you know and go if you do not want uncountable gruesome deaths on your conscience.

Looking for this face mask, corset, and belt any help would be appreciated.

attachicon.gif12758696594_41fe58e732_o.png

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33391/?

Here it is!

Thank you for finding the mask, any ideas about the hood and corset?

Found the corset and belt apparently they are ripped from this mod. Don't suppose anyone would know were to find it? 

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/21313/?

attachicon.gif46522.jpg

Enhanced Character Edit

Pretty Face

Apachi Hair

Oblivion Hair Pack

Natural Eyes

Thanks!

With ECE, especially if you know how to use vertex edit, you can literally create ANY face you want. The only thing you need in abundance is patience. 

As for the rest, you are bordering on a minefield. I will give you the information, but I cannot guarantee what madness might follow :

The character is from ... er.. someone  we must not speak of. Rest assured you cannot get the outfit or ENB. 

Please understand that about the last 2, you can get no other help from here. If you push for more info, many innocents will perish in the firestorm that will follow. Take what little you know and go if you do not want uncountable gruesome deaths on your conscience.

Appreciate the honesty, surely, and hence, I shall do as the community suggests and take the nuggets of knowledge and run away fast and far.  I just stocked up on Doritos and Mt. Dew and have a few hours to devote to the arcane arts of face editing. Thank you kind sirs.

attachicon.gif46522.jpg

Enhanced Character Edit

Pretty Face

Apachi Hair

Oblivion Hair Pack

Natural Eyes

Thanks!

Definately one of the best responses to two touchy subjects that I've seen in a very long time. Thanks for making my day.............it's the little things in life that count.

45709.jpg

I'm not sure what this "unreleased" ENB is but Opethfeldt ENB achieves a similar daytime look.

Yes, it turns out that's almost certainly what the first four shots came from.  I just now got it running.  (The final screenshot.. I'm not convinced is Opethfeldt.  Actually looks like one of those idealized Realvision scenarios.  And I really like it. ;p )

That the effect where the brightness of the scene changes based on the degree of overexposure?  I have to wonder if there's a way to turn that off and just find a happy medium because it's pretty distracting. ;p  Vanilla did it also.  zENB did not.

Although the interiors and nights can be very very dark, but you can tweak it by adjusting the appropriate values in enbeffects.fx.

I actually literally came back here after seeing how Opethfeldt looks in interiors.  I was pretty disheartened.  Dim, blurry and indistinct.  You could well save this ENB, if you'd be willing to give details on what tweaks you made, since it sounds like you and I have more or less the same tastes.  Feel free to be as specific as you like; I'll be more than happy to simply copy and paste blindly. ;p

I honest gave Realvision a good go but just could not like it... not to mention my over-modded game couldn't handle the extra performance strain.

My game's still in a fairly vanilla state because I've been spending the last several weeks making a mod that I really wanted someone else to make.  Consequently, I've been getting decent framerates.  zENB was actually the most taxing, to my great surprise.  And yeah, RealVision.  The videos make it look good.. almost what I actually want.  But I really do not like having to use both CoT and one of two lighting solutions which have certain dubious baggage.  (That said, being unable to use them is a strike against Opethfeldt.)

Yep, fantastic shots.  I haven't even gotten to the point where I try to make a convincingly beautiful female face so I'm jealous of your third shot.  Question, though: What do you make of the unusual phenomenon in the second shot?  The entire screenshot looks as though it has a faux vertical interlace (noticeable on the leaves).  I'm wondering whether or not this is tied to the fact that it's the only shot that isn't using DoF.

Hey guys,what are the 2 armors in the spoiler here ?

45709.jpg

In the "enbseries" subfolder in your Skryim root folder, open the "enbeffects.fx.ini" in text editor. You can play around with the values for "EBrightnessV2Night", "EToneMappingCurveV2Night", "EToneMappingOversaturationV2Night", "EBrightnessV2Interior", "EToneMappingCurveV2Interior", "EToneMappingOversaturationV2Interior". I personally tweaked the following values like this:

EToneMappingCurveV2Night=1.5 (default is 4.0)

EToneMappingOversaturationV2Night=10.0 (default is 20.0)

EToneMappingCurveV2Interior=1.0 (default is 4.0)

EToneMappingOversaturationV2Interior=10.0 (default is 20.0)

I like good visibility indoors and at night. In my limited experience, it's more effective to reduce the curve than to increase the brightness settings in this case. If you want the scene to be a bit more saturated you can reduce the oversaturation values even lower to a minimum of 1.0, but I feel by reducing it to 10.0 is good enough for me and still fits well with the overall look of the ENB. If you want to see how these changes effect the game realtime then press 'Shift+Pg Dn' while in game to bring up the in-game GUI and edit the corresponding values under "ENBEFFECTS" in the right-side pane. Note that you can play around with these values in-game but it won't save once you quit. In order for those values to hold you need to still change it in the ini file.

For my game, I only use Relighting Skyrim for lighting adjustment. I find it the most performance friendly while subtly enhancing realism. I tried ELFX and RLO and did not like how it made certain areas pitch black on my game. The contrast was way to much and casted harsh shadows on the characters and sometimes made the skin textures look weird. I'm also not that hardcore about dark dungeons because it can get jumpy and I'm easily startled... :blush: I have been using Lanterns of Skyrim as well to add exterior lighting. Interestingly, although I'm not using RLO, I like the look of the Lanterns Of Skyrim - All In One - RLO preset best with this ENB, but you may find the other presets to suit your taste better.

I tired CoT as well, I like the concept of adding more weather systems, especially since it may synergize well with Frostfall which is an essential mod for me, but I agree about the questionable baggage. I already have a lot of mods with scripts running so I wasn't too keen on adding more. Also I noticed that even with ENBs that are designed with CoT, only certain weather types came out looking awesome, whereas certain others looks very strange. For example, the author of Realvision states in his description that all his screenshots are taken with CoT weather type "02d46e", which, when I use the console to force that weather, it does look noticeably better than some of the other weather types.

Sorry this response turned out to be verbose... Hopefully you will find some of the information helpful. I'm by no means an expert in anything but I'm happy to offer my personal experience.

Archived