7 hours ago, ban10 said:

Load order looks fine, did it crash? If so, when?
There are a lot of minor issues with events but nothing should crash atm. I'm slowly fixing all of these small mini-errors as I see them

ban10 after I hit the play button and while a load screen is up the game just crashes.

I LOVE the author's sense of narration and aesthetics. Everything that's done and added to the mod is so after my taste, it's incredible. The new unique soldiers artwork is perfect as well, it's exactly what stable discussion is meant to do, bring shape to your imagination. Excellent work Ben

Hi,

Have anyone experienced the problem with only of one of your wife is getting pregnant and the rest isn't? I have added a mod that increase the living child limit to 999 for player, so child limit isn't the issue. I have even use cheat menu to force other wife pregnant, but the pregnant just get automatically removed. Does anyone here know a way to by pass this limitation? Thanks! Also how do you upgrade Paelax to Domina , after the initial free the keeper event, I am unable to change my Paelax into their next tier, even if I made them my primary spouse. Only a rare events that occurred once in my multiple playthrough allow my Paelax change into a Domina. 

Thanks!

Hello, i made another topic for ask some help to translate your mode on russian. I hope you won't be mad, if it is,  i will delete my topic.

This my topic: 

I really bad in english, but i hope to translate it for another players.

Edited by Cukihun
20 hours ago, ZenKoshin said:

ban10 after I hit the play button and while a load screen is up the game just crashes.

Damn, unfortunately I have no idea, can you try with just Regula Magistri and Carn? (without the other carn mods)
I honestly think its one of your other mods not being upto date.
I also know that CBO is not yet ready for 1.9 (unless you are using the beta version)

12 hours ago, ukrug1 said:

I LOVE the author's sense of narration and aesthetics. Everything that's done and added to the mod is so after my taste, it's incredible. The new unique soldiers artwork is perfect as well, it's exactly what stable discussion is meant to do, bring shape to your imagination. Excellent work Ben

Thanks! Always good to see that my work is appreciated and I am continuing this mod the way it was intended.

2 hours ago, bos4523 said:

Hi,

Have anyone experienced the problem with only of one of your wife is getting pregnant and the rest isn't? I have added a mod that increase the living child limit to 999 for player, so child limit isn't the issue. I have even use cheat menu to force other wife pregnant, but the pregnant just get automatically removed. Does anyone here know a way to by pass this limitation? Thanks! Also how do you upgrade Paelax to Domina , after the initial free the keeper event, I am unable to change my Paelax into their next tier, even if I made them my primary spouse. Only a rare events that occurred once in my multiple playthrough allow my Paelax change into a Domina. 

Thanks!

Might just be a vanilla thing, usually the fertility modifiers mean all your wives get pregnant sooner or later.
This mod also overrides the child limit function, to allow the player to have as many children as they want. Maybe your other child limit mod is conflicting?
As I know the "disappearing" babies is a result of the vanilla child limit.

Their are ways to mitigate this though, you can use Mutare corpus to get your wife pregnant, or use the impregnate intent in an Orgy activity.

To answer your other questions. You Domina is always your primary spouse (They should also be landed). You should only have one Domina at any time.
If you make another spouse your primary, they will eventually turn into a Domina automatically. You just have to wait a few months (or a year if your new primary spouse is unlanded).

2 hours ago, Cukihun said:

Hello, i made another topic for ask some help to translate your mode on russian. I hope you won't be mad, if it is,  i will delete my topic.

This my topic: 

I really bad in english, but i hope to translate it for another players.

That's fine by me, unfortunately I don't know Russian so I cant help with the actual translations themselves, but if you make a pull request on Gitgud https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri I'll be happy to merge your translations into the mod.
You can use the helper method to start with, this file here "localization_helper.py"
eg

python localization_helper.py update --lang russian

That will generate all the files you need, then you just have to translate them.
In fact, I'll just update master with a basic set of russian files, that should help you I think

Also, why would I be mad? Anything that helps players use the mod is great!

Edited by ban10

@ban10 Hello

It's crashing for me too and it is most definitely Regula.

Crash during first splash screen (before the music, the usual startup crash). Here is my modlist for this little test :

image.png.8668c7314063c5f417429ac55b9a0d15.png

Versions from .mod files : Carn : 2.0 (latest), Regula : 2.3.0 (latest). Got all DLC, my game is up to date (1.19.1)

Does not crash if I remove Regula (so with only Carnalitas).

My last error log file is in attachement.

(PS. I also really like your work on the mod. I liked the original one but I felt it was really lacking depth. The things you added and are adding are more than what I expected from the original mod so great work and thanks !)

error.log

Edited by LeSopalinDivin
3 hours ago, MilesKiyaAnny said:

I can play fine.

Tho I could not recruit Magistri Man At Arms despite Holy Order start with those. I wonder if it might because I speedrun hybrid culture Norse and India 5 culture tradition selected or maybe I too weak right now? 4 stars traits

You need to have the Famuli Warriors cultural tradition for your culture

You can either add this as a tradition or use a special decision to add this to your culture (alongside the Famuli Martial custom)
image.png.a08882763c1e86f74a25af221cc4d09c.png

4 hours ago, LeSopalinDivin said:

@ban10 Hello

It's crashing for me too and it is most definitely Regula.

Crash during first splash screen (before the music, the usual startup crash). Here is my modlist for this little test :

image.png.8668c7314063c5f417429ac55b9a0d15.png

Versions from .mod files : Carn : 2.0 (latest), Regula : 2.3.0 (latest). Got all DLC, my game is up to date (1.19.1)

Does not crash if I remove Regula (so with only Carnalitas).

My last error log file is in attachement.

(PS. I also really like your work on the mod. I liked the original one but I felt it was really lacking depth. The things you added and are adding are more than what I expected from the original mod so great work and thanks !)

error.log 85.53 kB · 4 downloads

Hmmm, So far I've tried
1. Using just Carn 2.0 and Regula 2.3.0 on CK3 1.9.1- no crash on startup
2. Buying and installing the friends and foes DLC then same above (it was the only DLC I didn't have) - no crash
3. Changing language to french - still no crash

I genuinely cant replicate this crash.
I remember someone in the old thread had this same crash, they deleted everything ck3 related and reinstalled, which fixed the error.
Never found out the root cause though :( 
Next steps, I guess could you send me everything in your crashes folder, from the last crash that you had?
It has a bunch of logs, your settings and I think the last save, maybe a setting difference is causing the issue, or there will be a clue in the debug logs or something

EDIT: I've got a couple more ideas to test though, brb

Hold on @LeSopalinDivin, why is your Regula Magistri mod 2mb bigger then mine?
Could you zip up your Mod folder and PM it to me?

image.png.0f560e02a6d2d78d7f7e9e87e86702e5.png

Edited by ban10

@ban10 My game runs now thank you for exploring.

I can tell you what happened for me. I understood with you pointing out the difference in size. It's quite silly and essentially my bad, I'm very sorry for the time you invested on this issue.

I usually just override my mods by uncompressing in the same folder again and again. I'm not deleting older versions of mods, I just override existing files. In most games and with pretty much every mods I encountered until now (including for CK3, and including mods with media and/or scripting) it works out very fine and any file that I keep from a version to another is just unreferenced. It seems it is not a valid way of updating a mod for CK3 and RM right now. Didn't even think about removing the files and reinstalling from no folder since it never happened before.

Deleted the RM mod folder and the mod file, re-extracted the exact same zip I used the first time and everything works now.

Thank you again and sorry for the lost investigation because of a basic mistake.

Edited by LeSopalinDivin
29 minutes ago, LeSopalinDivin said:

@ban10 My game runs now thank you for exploring.

I can tell you what happened for me. I understood with you pointing out the difference in size. It's quite silly and essentially my bad, I'm very sorry for the time you invested on this issue.

I usually just override my mods by uncompressing in the same folder again and again. I'm not deleting older versions of mods, I just override existing files. In most games and with pretty much every mods I encountered until now (including for CK3, and including mods with media and/or scripting) it works out very fine and any file that I keep from a version to another is just unreferenced. It seems it is not a valid way of updating a mod for CK3 and RM right now. Didn't even think about removing the files and reinstalling from no folder since it never happened before.

Deleted the RM mod folder and the mod file, re-extracted the exact same zip I used the first time and everything works now.

Thank you again and sorry for the lost investigation because of a basic mistake.

Good stuff, no worries, glad its working for you now
I always recommend installing each version of RM fresh, regardless of how big or small an update is.
Sometimes I move code files around or rename them so installing updates over each other could cause problems.

10 hours ago, ban10 said:

Damn, unfortunately I have no idea, can you try with just Regula Magistri and Carn? (without the other carn mods)
I also know that CBO is not yet ready for 1.9 (unless you are using the beta version)

Thanks! Always good to see that my work is appreciated and I am continuing this mod the way it was intended.

Might just be a vanilla thing, usually the fertility modifiers mean all your wives get pregnant sooner or later.
This mod also overrides the child limit function, to allow the player to have as many children as they want. Maybe your other child limit mod is conflicting?

Their are ways to mitigate this though, you can use Mutare corpus to get your wife pregnant, or use the impregnate intent in an Orgy activity.

To answer your other questions. You Domina is always your primary spouse (They should also be landed). You should only have one Domina at any time.
If you make another spouse your primary, they will eventually turn into a Domina automatically. You just have to wait a few months (or a year if your new primary spouse is unlanded).

That's fine by me, unfortunately I don't know Russian so I cant help with the actual translations themselves, but if you make a pull request on Gitgud https://gitgud.io/ban10/regula-magistri I'll be happy to merge your translations into the mod.
You can use the helper method to start with, this file here "localization_helper.py"
eg

That will generate all the files you need, then you just have to translate them.
In fact, I'll just update master with a basic set of russian files, that should help you I think

Thanks for answering my question. I wasn't aware that this mod also remove the child limit. That might be what is causing the issue. If I may ask, how is the child limit surpassed? In the other mod, it just increase the player living child limit in the define.txt inside common, but I am not sure where in your mod that is doing the similar function. 

2 hours ago, bos4523 said:

Thanks for answering my question. I wasn't aware that this mod also remove the child limit. That might be what is causing the issue. If I may ask, how is the child limit surpassed? In the other mod, it just increase the player living child limit in the define.txt inside common, but I am not sure where in your mod that is doing the similar function. 

Never mind, I'm wrong, it was the opposite, this mod used to have (a very long time ago) code to allow child limits, eg 2 or 4 per spouse.
The limit would force end pregnancies with women who already had the limited number of kids.
I removed it as it was non-functional and commentated out anyway when remaking the settings menu.

Hmmm, I guess I never encountered this because using the CBO action to have sex actually caused pregnancies, plus orgies used to generate a bunch of kids as well.
I think the usage of Mutare corpus and the Orgy impregnate intent will allow players to continue to have kids when they want to, but I might look into modifying the defines if not.
Need to test in a longer playthrough

1 hour ago, ban10 said:

Never mind, I'm wrong, it was the opposite, this mod used to have (a very long time ago) code to allow child limits, eg 2 or 4 per spouse.
The limit would force end pregnancies with women who already had the limited number of kids.
I removed it as it was non-functional and commentated out anyway when remaking the settings menu.

Hmmm, I guess I never encountered this because using the CBO action to have sex actually caused pregnancies, plus orgies used to generate a bunch of kids as well.
I think the usage of Mutare corpus and the Orgy impregnate intent will allow players to continue to have kids when they want to, but I might look into modifying the defines if not.
Need to test in a longer playthrough

I did more digging on my end, it turns out to be caused by an trait added to my character through another mod. the trait in question had a line where immortal = yes, so my guess is that immortality does cause pregnancy to bug out after awhile. One thing I do notice, after having like over 10 kids. the game will start to randomly kill them off through accidents. It will just say they die from a infectious flesh wound. The more kids you have in your dynasty the more frequently this happen. I am going to try to edit the living child cap to see, if this can be reduced. Thanks for digging!

19 hours ago, ban10 said:

eg

thank you for your understanding, but can I ask for one more assistance. somehow highlight the changes in the English localization folder in the future so that I can immediately find and translate them. Highlight with color or the like?

@ban10 Found a bug. If you open the book and become a magister, you will lose the ability to get secondary wives after inheriting a title from a non-magister liege. Ex. Start in 867 as the King of West Francia's heir, a count under the Duke of Aquitaine. Take over the Duke of Aquitaine's title, Open the book, get married, land a couple of women, and go through the process of freeing the spirit. Dominate them all and the character screen will, as expected, show a primary wife and two secondary wives. Now, murder the King of West Francia (I used Daddy Pika's cheat mod to do this in testing, but did it the normal way the first time I noticed this happen). After becoming the King, you will now see than the secondary wives are gone, and if you try to dominate any future female vassals they will not marry you and will end up as orbas. I tested this with just the Cheat mod, Carn and this mod.

P.S. I've also been playing with the new CBO beta and the game rule to use the revealing clothing no long works. I vaguely remember Mange saying something about having to changing something with the revealing clothing.

Edited by ieraceu
Clarification and add P.S. note
On 6/10/2023 at 7:44 AM, Cukihun said:

thank you for your understanding, but can I ask for one more assistance. somehow highlight the changes in the English localization folder in the future so that I can immediately find and translate them. Highlight with color or the like?

Ah, thats what the python script is for, as mentioned
Run the file "localization_helper.py" with the command

Every time the mod updates, run this command and it will generate the right files for you to edit from English into Russian.

9 hours ago, ieraceu said:

@ban10 Found a bug. If you open the book and become a magister, you will lose the ability to get secondary wives after inheriting a title from a non-magister liege. Ex. Start in 867 as the King of West Francia's heir, a count under the Duke of Aquitaine. Take over the Duke of Aquitaine's title, Open the book, get married, land a couple of women, and go through the process of freeing the spirit. Dominate them all and the character screen will, as expected, show a primary wife and two secondary wives. Now, murder the King of West Francia (I used Daddy Pika's cheat mod to do this in testing, but did it the normal way the first time I noticed this happen). After becoming the King, you will now see than the secondary wives are gone, and if you try to dominate any future female vassals they will not marry you and will end up as orbas. I tested this with just the Cheat mod, Carn and this mod.

P.S. I've also been playing with the new CBO beta and the game rule to use the revealing clothing no long works. I vaguely remember Mange saying something about having to changing something with the revealing clothing.

Good catch, turns out the maintenance action to ensure inheritance laws were setup never took into account this scenario,
If you check your realms inheritance law after taking the kings titles, You will probably see "Female only". (this is why men cant have multiple spouses)
In normal gameplay only the Magister should have male inheritance, all his vassals and anyone independent/foreign rulers have female only succession by default.
When you inherited the titles, I guess the game automatically switched the realm inheritance to what it thought it should be.
I've fixed this maintenance action, so if this ever happens just wait a few months and it will fix itself. You'll have to reclaim any Orba though, bit annoying.

Also, the CBO stuff is completely disabled for now, I tried it out with the preview CBO version and it was honestly horrifying, the clothing was all messed up.
Once CBO 1.9 is official I'll look back into getting that sorted.

Edited by ban10
On 6/9/2023 at 6:20 PM, ban10 said:

Good stuff, no worries, glad its working for you now
I always recommend installing each version of RM fresh, regardless of how big or small an update is.
Sometimes I move code files around or rename them so installing updates over each other could cause problems.

I got mine to work by reinstalling CK3 and reinstalling all my mods. I had removed and deleted all the files for RM before I installed the new version anyway. I do that with all mods anytime there is a change. :P 

It looks like the game rule for naked dominated women doesn't work. They show up correctly naked during events but stay clothed outside of them. Rules are set to compeditae naked but they stay clothed.

Also would it be possible to not require the domina to be landed. I feel like it makes sense for the magister to keep the domina at his side in the capital to manage the various enthralled vassals instead of sending her of to manage her own domain.

Edited by tarin
16 minutes ago, tarin said:

It looks like the game rule for naked dominated women doesn't work. They show up correctly naked during events but stay clothed outside of them. Rules are set to compeditae naked but they stay clothed.

Also would it be possible to not require the domina to be landed. I feel like it makes sense for the magister to keep the domina at his side in the capital to manage the various enthralled vassals instead of sending her of to manage her own domain.

I agree with the Domina part, I prefer my Dominas at my side.

@ban10 So... I saw the new buildings in the GitGud Repo... and I couldn't resist trying it out as I love me some buildings. Just wanted to let you know that it does conflict with the More Buildings Reboot mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2943715129), or any mod that adds/edits the list of available building that can be constructed. It did seem fine with COW3 and Medieval Arts, at least nothing jumped out at me though I didn't try any unique, special or duchy buildings. Just FYI as I saw that you seemed concerned about mod compatibility in the notes.

Edit: I did try loading MBR both before and after this mod, same results.

Edited by ieraceu
Spelling and added link
4 hours ago, ieraceu said:

@ban10 So... I saw the new buildings in the GitGud Repo... and I couldn't resist trying it out as I love me some buildings. Just wanted to let you know that it does conflict with the More Buildings Reboot mod (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2943715129), or any mod that adds/edits the list of available building that can be constructed. It did seem fine with COW3 and Medieval Arts, at least nothing jumped out at me though I didn't try any unique, special or duchy buildings. Just FYI as I saw that you seemed concerned about mod compatibility in the notes.

Edit: I did try loading MBR both before and after this mod, same results.

Hi! 

Have you used 2 mods that add/modify buildings and are compatible?

To see if there are possibilities to make regula buildings also compatible 

1 hour ago, Shiky said:

Hi! 

Have you used 2 mods that add/modify buildings and are compatible?

To see if there are possibilities to make regula buildings also compatible 

So I was wrong about Medieval Arts and COW3, they're not compatible, they have the same issue as MBR. I just didn't notice as of the last post. I had yet to unlock the necessary innovation to build Medieval Arts' buildings. As for COW3, I mistakenly thought that it's buildings were part of MBR. So no, none of the mods are compatible. Sorry! :(

I will note that COW3's tribal docks showed up fine with this mod, which is why I originally though that they were compatible. I'm guessing that there are no tribal era buildings being added by this mod, and that's why it showed up?

Edit: I'd also like to note that all three of the above mentioned mods have a compaach to all work together.

Edited by ieraceu
Spelling