What things would be considered forbidden knowledge in the Elder Scrolls universe?

Like, say you wanted to make an Apocrypha themed dungeon that is accessed through a black book. That book has to have some kind of forbidden knowledge.

I don't think there are a lot of secrets except the obvious like the disappearance of the dwemer and I'd love above all to hear what all of you have to say because I'm probably missing a lot. Knowing can help with coming up with a title for such a black book.

15 hours ago, Vortex Lord said:

Like, say you wanted to make an Apocrypha themed dungeon that is accessed through a black book. That book has to have some kind of forbidden knowledge.

I don't think there are a lot of secrets except the obvious like the disappearance of the dwemer and I'd love above all to hear what all of you have to say because I'm probably missing a lot. Knowing can help with coming up with a title for such a black book.

I would separate the idea of secrets that people do not know from the secrets that people should not know.  We don't know what happened to the dwarves.  We (possibly) should not know what they did to disappear.  When the three Dunmer did what they thought Kagrenac did, they learned a secret. Azura then cursed the whole people to change from gold skin to ashy grey.

Other ideas might be how to call a certain daedra to the mortal world in order to bargain or make trades for power. Possibly how to create a black soul gem depending on which game you're playing and the lore on how they are created or where they are found. The rites to become a lich would probably qualify as well as a variety of other necromantic spells and such.

Trying to come up with others, I would look at ideas that are not on the moral/immoral divide but on the "would a daedra want me to know this / would an aedra be happy that I know this" line of things.  Certain sex acts might be banned by a mortal government but that would not make them forbidden, just illegal. Sex acts that Dibella and Mara abhor but are favored by Sanguine, only after He teaches them to his special followers would be something Herma Mora might want, as they would not be common knowledge and withheld from others.

Levitation.

Somehow it got not only banned after Nerevarine, but totally forgotten by the Fourth Era.

Edited by belegost
32 minutes ago, FauxFurry said:

What about acheiveing CHIM? A guide which would make it easy would be the most forbidden knowledge of all. 

"CHIM for Du(n)mies" by Andril Redoran.

Also:

a proof that Warp in the West never happened.

Edited by belegost
Am 23.03.2023 um 08:35 Uhr sagte belegost:

Schweben.

Irgendwie wurde es nach Nerevarine nicht nur verboten, sondern von der Vierten Ära völlig vergessen.

Forget? No!

Forbidden? Certainly not!

Go to the mushroom house of the Dunmer Mage - who, by the way, had already been met in Morrowind.

Lo and behold - you float from the entrance to it up into the living and working area.

Fly? Yes, thanks to Mod with wings like a dragon.

7 hours ago, Miauzi said:

Forget? No!

Forbidden? Certainly not!

Go to the mushroom house of the Dunmer Mage - who, by the way, had already been met in Morrowind.

Lo and behold - you float from the entrance to it up into the living and working area.

Fly? Yes, thanks to Mod with wings like a dragon.

No, that's not levitation. That's convenient McGuffin. What I mean is an actual Levitation spell tome. Like it used to be in Morrowind. Where you couldn't access parts of Telvanni houses without knowing it.

Edited by belegost

Anything CHIM related, Godhead, the origins of Aedra and Daedra, the contents of Elder Scrolls, Vivec's whereabouts, the Dwarves disappearance, how the Numidium was built and worked, M'aiq The Liar's real identity, TES6 release date, Todd Howard's real height, and so much more. Even the Apocrypha doesn't have half of this information, truly insane mysteries.

On 3/25/2023 at 8:55 AM, belegost said:

No, that's not levitation. That's convenient McGuffin. What I mean is an actual Levitation spell tome. Like it used to be in Morrowind. Where you couldn't access parts of Telvanni houses without knowing it.

The levitation power/ability was considered to powerful for Men and Mer so it was only gifted to Mammoths.
Sadly, as you and I have commented on before, the ability to land was not passed on to the hairy Pachyderms.

3 hours ago, Mez558 said:

The levitation power/ability was considered to powerful for Men and Mer so it was only gifted to Mammoths.
Sadly, as you and I have commented on before, the ability to land was not passed on to the hairy Pachyderms.

Needs more Red Bull. Gives you wiiiiings!

• 3 weeks later...