[mod] Sexbound Reborn

1 hour ago, Erina Sugino said:

Assuming you are using default settings (and your character is female to begin with), every couple in-game days you'll get a status effect in the top left titled "Unsafe Day", indicating your character is currently ovulating and able to get pregnant. This state lasts for one in-game day. During and only during this timeframe you have a 50% chance to get pregnant each time a compatible male partner climaxes inside you. By default setup, the only two races natively compatible with each other are Apex and Human, otherwise only same species partners can get pregnant.

Go to the sextalk plugin config and the config file for each and every single individual position and removing anything that has anything to do with "Neki". That should potentially fix it. Other than that, there are also a couple random Neki race specific scan descriptions flying around for some of the items, but they shouldn't affect anything.

AAAAAAH that have more sense now, My char is a nova so that's why... thank you so much, btw does this mod have any kind of discord server or community ? 

It could be helpfull

42 minutes ago, VAAlucard said:

Unfortunately, I have completely scrapped my work on a viable "Defeat" style mod. I unfortunately lack the time, patience, and know-how to successfully pull it off. It seems like the issue may have been in handling the transformation of actors into animation nodes (this thought appears to have been confirmed by the what i read in the Changelogs for SxBR on the main page. Thank you Erina for the awesome work btw). My idea was to set the transformation on a timed delay in order to give other mods that may affect damage scripts a chance to operate first and the sequence would be finished by my "Defeat" style mod.

Unfortunately, this did not work. I had it set up so that upon an actor hitting "0 HP" would be locked as a "furniture" item for 5 seconds before being transformed into a node.

At first this resulted in the actor freezing in place and then either instantly dying after 5 seconds or staying frozen indefinitely. I fixed that issue, it ended up just being a minor mistype in the script. However, another problem reared it's ugly head. What usually ended happening after i fixed that error of stupidity was that the actor, upon being transformed would die but leave behind an a copy of themselves as a transformed node. With NPCs that would have been fine if not for the fact that those nodes would stick around indefinitely. Of course with where PC was concerned, it would create a copy of the PC with the actual PC respawning on their ship. That created node would also stick around indefinitely ( left my computer running for a full 12 hrs while i was at work just come home and be greeted by the PC-copy still being there. I tried adding lines of script to get the "Copies" to despawn after a 60 second timer but it didn't work either.

My hope is that this new iteration of SxB Reborn has fixed the issue where nodes created by Defeat were invisible and uncontrollable. I also hope that someone can either pick up and fix the current "SxB Defeat" or create a better one. Even if it were to mean that I had to throw some money into a commission.

The problem of defeat, as far as I am aware, is not that's its core mechanic isn't working - whatever you tried to "fix" by "delaying" something in the event chain of the damage handler. That part works well; for Starbound supported standards. The problem is, that not every type of damage is handled the same (or maybe even tracked at all), so only certain scenarios trigger defeat. When the node cannot be placed anywhere in a small radius, it also doesn't work. And finally, even when it works to this point, the communication between entities is another risky factor (potentially resulting in well-known bugs such as monsters or even the player just becoming invincible while being unaffected of the part that should force them into sex). You ran into the problem of the node not despawning - well, duh, it's unloaded while your player is off in a whole nother dimension, the timer was never ticking. If anything becomes unloaded at any stage, logic and communication don't work anymore, and so time gated effects cannot be passed on. If a monster is defeated, it's turned invincible, and supposedly stripped of any ability to move, turned invisible and handed over to the sexnode. Then, after the node timer runs out, turned back to normal. If anything in that chain misses its target - well, you know what happens.

Trying to get around this will be a lot of work and take a shitton of simple failsafe mechanism to restore a normal state in case anything goes wrong. It's not a simple matter of juggling around with the damage handler chain.

15 minutes ago, fatex11 said:

AAAAAAH that have more sense now, My char is a nova so that's why... thank you so much, btw does this mod have any kind of discord server or community ? 

It could be helpfull

The mod itself not specifically, but there is a Discord Server for the adult modding community in general, which also covers Sexbound.

On 4/30/2023 at 10:42 PM, Erina Sugino said:

A: That isn't a log file. Without a logfile we have no actually relevant information.

B: "Doesn't work" is no error description we can help you with. What exactly is going wrong, and what are you expecting to happen to deem it wrong?

C : You have the sexbound-reborn.pak in your mods folder, but also the folder sexbound-reborn-paked in there too. In theory that just means you have no access to the config, but please install your mods properly.

Eh,first time for starbound mods.Sorry for my shitty description,not an English speaker.First, I can't see my character when entering a sexnode,wheel is fully locked and didn't display any animation.Should I to change sexbound.config?Had never change it before.

20230503225927.png

starbound.log

38 minutes ago, wh950211 said:

Eh,first time for starbound mods.Sorry for my shitty description,not an English speaker.First, I can't see my character when entering a sexnode,wheel is fully locked and didn't display any animation.Should I to change sexbound.config?Had never change it before.

Logs are suppressed, but you may have an outdated Teratophilia Scenes mod. The "animation on the side" mods changed a lot for reborn, and older versions replaced old code, while new ones mostly add. You can see how that becomes a problem!

20 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

Assuming you are using default settings (and your character is female to begin with), every couple in-game days you'll get a status effect in the top left titled "Unsafe Day", indicating your character is currently ovulating and able to get pregnant. This state lasts for one in-game day. During and only during this timeframe you have a 50% chance to get pregnant each time a compatible male partner climaxes inside you. By default setup, the only two races natively compatible with each other are Apex and Human, otherwise only same species partners can get pregnant.

Go to the sextalk plugin config and the config file for each and every single individual position and removing anything that has anything to do with "Neki". That should potentially fix it. Other than that, there are also a couple random Neki race specific scan descriptions flying around for some of the items, but they shouldn't affect anything.

I did all that and scouerd through the files removing anything that said neki on it and it didn't change anything they are still just completely bald without any features of the neki race except for the color 

3 hours ago, whatdafq said:

I did all that and scouerd through the files removing anything that said neki on it and it didn't change anything they are still just completely bald without any features of the neki race except for the color 

We were talking about sextalk dialogue before, weren't we?

Bald characters just means you don't have the Neki Sexbound compatibility patch.

19 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

We were talking about sextalk dialogue before, weren't we?

Bald characters just means you don't have the Neki Sexbound compatibility patch.

no? i thought i had stated the issue before but i have the compatibility mod installed and not to mention i found it inside the reborn files aswell and i removed it and just had the one i manuelly installed but it didn't work

Just now, whatdafq said:

no? i thought i had stated the issue before but i have the compatibility mod installed and not to mention i found it inside the reborn files aswell and i removed it and just had the one i manuelly installed but it didn't work

hold on I have an idea

7 hours ago, whatdafq said:

I admit I overlooked the tiny small appendix to your last message stating you have the "Neki adapter" installed. However, no, you never stated anything regarding your issue. You simply replied to a message from the conversation with another user, which was revolving around sextalk not working. I even took the liberty to look through all of your 9 posts here on LL, the closest resemblance to "stating your issue" would be posting in the Neki compat mod's thread "It's a wee bit broken", furthermore not even elaborating any further to the person who made the mod in question asking for any sort of usable detail because "It's broken" is as good a bug report as saying "the sun is yellow".

So, going off of the now known bit of information that you apparently have problems with faulty sprites, this would be the moment to follow proper bug reporting procedures - i.e. giving as a log file, the thing that might actually telling what's going on better than a person ever could - so we can take a look at what might be breaking, and why.

Alternatively, while looking I saw that in the Neki compat thread the person right in front of you complained about the same thing, then came to the "nevermind I fixed it" conclusion, so asking there might also be worth a shot.

the pak and source files might be mixed up in the download. they don't contain files/folders described in the wiki on how to install. The pak version when you pick extract here doesn't create a folder called sexbound like the source one does. and the source file extracts like the pak description. something is messed up it seems

In order to install the source version, move the .zip into your Starbound mod folder (.../SteamFolder/SteamApps/common/Starbound/mods) and select extract here. You should now have a .pak file and a folder named sexbound-reborn-config in there.

you get this from the pak download, not from source

2 hours ago, AsIsSpooky said:

the pak and source files might be mixed up in the download. they don't contain files/folders described in the wiki on how to install. The pak version when you pick extract here doesn't create a folder called sexbound like the source one does. and the source file extracts like the pak description. something is messed up it seems

you get this from the pak download, not from source

Whoops, apparently mixed things up on the last revision. Thanks for pointing that out.

Time for my bug now! when I enter a node my character just lays there, or stands there. I have no icons. when an NPC comes up hearts fly above them and I have the "having sex" icon in the top left below the HP. it also counts as having sex in that item you can use and check stats. I read this entire forum trying anything remotely similar to fix it with no luck

the only setting I changed was to enable more logging

yCWUQafhev.png

rziVuXcv6z.png

starbound.log

Edited by AsIsSpooky
1 hour ago, AsIsSpooky said:

Time for my bug now! when I enter a node my character just lays there, or stands there. I have no icons. when an NPC comes up hearts fly above them and I have the "having sex" icon in the top left below the HP. it also counts as having sex in that item you can use and check stats. I read this entire forum trying anything remotely similar to fix it with no luck

the only setting I changed was to enable more logging

That's not a bug - that's a feature!

No seriously, there is nothing going wrong here. Your log also does not contain any errors, and you have the right mods/patches.

That your character is just lying/standing there is because you're idling - the state that happens when there is nothing to fuck. Opposite to original SxB where "idling" meant "only one actor is in the node", in SBR idling is it's own state and furthermore continues even if there were more actors, until you choose a position to fuck in.

That there are no positions in the wheel is because you are alone in the node. SBR reworked the position logic so that the wheel only displays those that are available, and only those are available that makes sense. You are alone in the node - there is nothing available, because we do not yet have solo actor/masturbation positions. Get a second person to join and things should look more "normal" to you again.

That despite all that the "Hacing Sex" status is tracked is also normal - this is solely based off of the fact that you are currently lounging in a node. Sexbound never cared for more than that to determine if you "had sex" or not.

And finally - that NPC that fully jebaited you. NPCs do not display any kind of  effect if they get naturally horny. And unless you changed the config already, the natural horniness rate is 0.001 - 0.0001 per second, meaning on average you have to wait an hour or two on a fresh NPC, so this probably isn't the case. And NPC walking up to a player and emitting heart particles - is a perfectly normal vanilla Starbound feature! It's just part of their random personality and AI. That doesn't mean anything, they didn't join the node, you're still just lying there in your screenshot, being judgementally stared down by that NPC. (clearly shown by the fact he uses a different idle pose than idle.1, and has no dick)

1 hour ago, WildAlex said:

So I don't know what's going on, but I am in the aphrodite's retreat, trying to summon her, but discovered when I try to bang the person, she just disappears, so...help? Please?

image.png

You are running outdated mods with Sexbound Reborn, doing so will replace new code with old code, and as such, break things.

So, try removing Naturally Horny for one, as it is included with Sexbound.

I went to test the functionality of this mod, and have gone through various problems. Player wouldn't use node, was invisible, etc. Deleted some mods, and now it almost works. I can enter a node, but cannot get a partner into it ever. I tried various mods to max arousal, and changed the values in the config, but no npc will ever use the node. Finally I delved into my log, and whenever I enter a node, I get an patch error. "[23:31:02.040] [Error] Could not apply patch from file /sexbound.config.patch in source: ..\mods\Lustbound_Base.pak.  Caused by: (JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. (JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. (TraversalException) No such key 'futanari' in pathApply("/actor/plugins/futanari/enable")" Mod list is detailed in the log below. Mods from steam should not be breaking anything. Any ideas on how to fix?

starbound.log

2 hours ago, TheLastDarkWings said:

For some reason i can't init the Sexnode, the actors doesn't move, and the HUD doesn't show, only if i have the mouse on the place it appears, but i can't interact the interface. One actor just stays standing and the other keeps as a Sexnode

Well, much like the users around you, it's a good idea to share the Log file found within the game's storage folder, if you hope to get some helpful responses. We can't do much but speculate your mods otherwise. And no, that is not an invitation or request to see your mods folder, your entire workshop subscriptions, etc. That is all included in the log in a much more readable manner, and also tells us what is the error, if any.

37 minutes ago, auk375m said:

I went to test the functionality of this mod, and have gone through various problems. Player wouldn't use node, was invisible, etc. Deleted some mods, and now it almost works. I can enter a node, but cannot get a partner into it ever. I tried various mods to max arousal, and changed the values in the config, but no npc will ever use the node.

Finally I delved into my log, and whenever I enter a node, I get an patch error.

"[23:31:02.040] 
[Error] Could not apply patch from file /sexbound.config.patch in source: ..\mods\Lustbound_Base.pak.  
Caused by: 
(JsonPatchException) Could not apply patch to base. 
(JsonPatchException) Could not apply operation to base. 
(TraversalException) No such key 'futanari' in pathApply("/actor/plugins/futanari/enable")" 

Mod list is detailed in the log below. Mods from steam should not be breaking anything. Any ideas on how to fix?

Well, reading it, a few things to note:

Mods from steam should not be breaking anything.

This is a terrible mistake, to trust that workshop mods cannot break your local horny mod! In fact, many can, and WILL break Sexbound. However, none in your list immediatelly jumped at me as common culprits, so let's move ahead;

Your mods are not throwing any particular errors, that one error in particular is just a normal issue of running Reborn and Lustbound. It causes no issues, it's only a failed patch of Lustbound attempting to make it so Futanaris don't have to only be females, a required feature to run special sub-genders back then, now built into Reborn. This patch is meant to fail and since the creator of Lustbound isn't around the modding scene anymore to fix it, it remains a pointless error. Easy to see why you'd point fingers when you don't know that.

So, let's move on to the helpful section. To help you figure out if your NPCs are even working properly with Hornyness and aren't being broken by a workshop mod, you can do the following:

Go into admin mode by typing into the game's chat:
/admin

All following commands are similarly, just put into chat, with the addition of placing your cursor over the NPC you want to test.

/entityeval status.resource("arousal")

This should return a value. If not, make sure you have your cursor properly over the NPC (The hitbox can be finnicky, mainly if they are not standing or have others nearby) and try again. Example:
image.png.af5ea4a2cb7fb5f47e0c039d5e5fa8da.png

If this returned a value, and you want to make the NPC horny, try the following:
/entityeval status.setResource("arousal",100)

This will force an NPC to be "horny".

If the above steps still fail, then i can assure you, the issue is within your workshop mods, more than likely.

4 hours ago, red3dred said:

Well, much like the users around you, it's a good idea to share the Log file found within the game's storage folder, if you hope to get some helpful responses. We can't do much but speculate your mods otherwise. And no, that is not an invitation or request to see your mods folder, your entire workshop subscriptions, etc. That is all included in the log in a much more readable manner, and also tells us what is the error, if any.

Well, reading it, a few things to note:

This is a terrible mistake, to trust that workshop mods cannot break your local horny mod! In fact, many can, and WILL break Sexbound. However, none in your list immediatelly jumped at me as common culprits, so let's move ahead;

Your mods are not throwing any particular errors, that one error in particular is just a normal issue of running Reborn and Lustbound. It causes no issues, it's only a failed patch of Lustbound attempting to make it so Futanaris don't have to only be females, a required feature to run special sub-genders back then, now built into Reborn. This patch is meant to fail and since the creator of Lustbound isn't around the modding scene anymore to fix it, it remains a pointless error. Easy to see why you'd point fingers when you don't know that.

So, let's move on to the helpful section. To help you figure out if your NPCs are even working properly with Hornyness and aren't being broken by a workshop mod, you can do the following:

If the above steps still fail, then i can assure you, the issue is within your workshop mods, more than likely.

No prob, i solved it xD, i had the wrong PoV Redux version

This mod looks very interesting for sure but I do have a quick question though.

Will this new Pregnancy system interfere with Pregnancies from mods like Teratophilia
As I read through these comments I saw that your character can only get pregnant to same species and during the ''unsafe day''

It's not a major turnoff for this mod if it disables creature preg, but if there is a patch or workaround to enable them that would be great.

2 hours ago, Flustershy said:

This mod looks very interesting for sure but I do have a quick question though.

Will this new Pregnancy system interfere with Pregnancies from mods like Teratophilia
As I read through these comments I saw that your character can only get pregnant to same species and during the ''unsafe day''

It's not a major turnoff for this mod if it disables creature preg, but if there is a patch or workaround to enable them that would be great.

The ovulation cycle system only works on players, and it only affects when you can get pregnant. The same species thing was already a thing back in original SxB, so if getting pregnant with a monster worked back then it still works now.

13 hours ago, red3dred said:

You are running outdated mods with Sexbound Reborn, doing so will replace new code with old code, and as such, break things.

So, try removing Naturally Horny for one, as it is included with Sexbound.

Well, I'm getting somewhere, I removed "Naturally Horny" and "Extended Dialogues," and now the other person shows up, but we can't bang. I also noticed in my log that there's errors about some races, should I be worried about that? Like some won't appear?

Screenshot 2023-05-08 103631.png

starbound.log