[mod] Sexbound Reborn

12 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Eh... what?

Oh, sorry for the confusion, is there a setting to hide or disable the sxbheart.png in sexbound-reborn-1.0_r1\sky\glitters? I know I can just replace the image, but if there is a setting that can disable it, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Edited by RicecakeHuman
2 minutes ago, RicecakeHuman said:

Oh, sorry for the confusion, is there a setting to hide or disable the sxbheart.png in sexbound-reborn-1.0_r1\sky\glitters? I know I can just replace the image, but if there is a setting that can disable it, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

No, there is and cannot be a setting for this as it's a very trivial Starbound feature. Instead of the replacing the image, however, you can just remove the "sky.config.patch" which tells the game to load that image in the first place.

7 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

No, there is and cannot be a setting for this as it's a very trivial Starbound feature. Instead of the replacing the image, however, you can just remove the "sky.config.patch" which tells the game to load that image in the first place.

Understood. Thank you very much for teaching me carefully.

having the exact same problem as knightofsalt and a few others but haven't figured it out by reading through everything. cercle doesn't or barely shows up at all and to me (who's never really moded outside of vortex) I don't see anything wrong with my files. help would be nice

Screenshot 2023-04-15 003221.png

20230415004045_1.jpg

20230415003939_1.jpg

Edited by mcgeeman22
forgot to let the last two photos upload before submitting
7 minutes ago, mcgeeman22 said:

having the exact same problem as knightofsalt and a few others but haven't figured it out by reading through everything. cercle doesn't or barely shows up at all and to me (who's never really moded outside of vortex) I don't see anything wrong with my files. help would be nice

Wrong version of Teratophilia Scenes. It's the one at the bottom of the downloads list, starting with "SxB". No idea why.

4 hours ago, elaloloiols said:

I accidentally deleted the sexbound item that shows your stats and such, is there a way to get it again without having to delete my character and start all over again?

Only turning on admin mode and using /spawnitem

Heya, this is my first time ever posting on this forum and I'm kinda new to Starbound modding too but here goes.

So, I'm having a few issues. First, I can't seem to have my character keep her hair on her head when entering a sexnode. She goes bald but regains her usual hair when I exit this state. I'm using the Neko (not Neki) custom race for her, along with a more hair addon, so maybe that's the issue. Also, the buttons on the ring-shaped interface thingy are all blank, with a 'P' button somewhere off to the right. I've read those are the positions and POV respectively, but I don't know if a screen is supposed to appear on the POV or if I'm doing things wrong with the positions buttons. I do know I only had one opportunity to experience a 2-actor interaction and that was before I installed this mod. I included the log because I did research on how to find it.

Lastly, I wanna ask if it's possible to enable the chance of NPC's initiating the sex state slightly more often.

(if someone finds me through Google by accident: I'm not MrBeingcool from YouTube. :))

starbound.log

54 minutes ago, MrBeingcool said:

Lastly, I wanna ask if it's possible to enable the chance of NPC's initiating the sex state slightly more often.

I can answer this while I'm here. You can go to the sexbound.config file in %Starbound%/Mods/sexbound-reborn-config and there is a setting in it called "naturalHorninessRate" which you can change to make NPC's do the horni more.

But anyway I am also having an issue apparently with the 3 actor tier-2 addon, it works fine with 2 actors but a third makes everyone invisible. Please don't mind the "no text" thing I know they don't have any lines for sex right now.

starbound.log

1 hour ago, MrBeingcool said:

Heya, this is my first time ever posting on this forum and I'm kinda new to Starbound modding too but here goes.

So, I'm having a few issues. First, I can't seem to have my character keep her hair on her head when entering a sexnode. She goes bald but regains her usual hair when I exit this state. I'm using the Neko (not Neki) custom race for her, along with a more hair addon, so maybe that's the issue. Also, the buttons on the ring-shaped interface thingy are all blank, with a 'P' button somewhere off to the right. I've read those are the positions and POV respectively, but I don't know if a screen is supposed to appear on the POV or if I'm doing things wrong with the positions buttons. I do know I only had one opportunity to experience a 2-actor interaction and that was before I installed this mod. I included the log because I did research on how to find it.

(if someone finds me through Google by accident: I'm not MrBeingcool from YouTube. :))

So uh, a couple things.

First: You are using both the old and new version of POV Redux at the same time, with the loading order stating that old overrides new. Using any version of POV Redux not made for Reborn will break the UI, resulting in everything being empty (if even showing up at all).

Second: You are using the Neko race, but I don't see you loading the Neko Sexbound compat mod. Why exactly you say you only see hair disappearing I don't know, because using a not Sexbound supported race will replace the character in question with a bald, human male (which is the default fallback to not make things explode). However, I don't see any error messages regarding loading images... Did you test with a Neko during the session of the specific log you sent?

Third: Not only does one of your (most likely not SxB related) mods spam the log with error messages about a non-existent status effect it's trying to set, what (in the given instance) actually breaks Sexbound and hence all interaction is an error with the apparel module, which I frankly have not seen before... So that would need testing as to what exactly is causing it. The line that errors tries to extract the mask information from the head item you are currently wearing, so apparently one of your mods adds a faulty head item whose item config is missing stuff?

Regarding your question - as nekokiaryoka already answered - just go to the main config file and increase the naturalHorninessRate.

56 minutes ago, nekokiaryoka said:

I can answer this while I'm here. You can go to the sexbound.config file in %Starbound%/Mods/sexbound-reborn-config and there is a setting in it called "naturalHorninessRate" which you can change to make NPC's do the horni more.

But anyway I am also having an issue apparently with the 3 actor tier-2 addon, it works fine with 2 actors but a third makes everyone invisible. Please don't mind the "no text" thing I know they don't have any lines for sex right now.

That bug has already been reported and is under investigation.

I've noticed that whenever you beam to or from a planet, every NPC and Monster that is currently pregnant in the game will just stop being pregnant at all, that was a problem with the old sexbound as well.

Are there plans to fix that (if it's even a thing that can be fixed and not a problem with the starbound code itself) or is it something that cannot be done? Kinda takes a lot of fun out of the pregnancy system if NPCs and Monsters can't give birth most of the time.

1 hour ago, elaloloiols said:

I've noticed that whenever you beam to or from a planet, every NPC and Monster that is currently pregnant in the game will just stop being pregnant at all, that was a problem with the old sexbound as well.

Are there plans to fix that (if it's even a thing that can be fixed and not a problem with the starbound code itself) or is it something that cannot be done? Kinda takes a lot of fun out of the pregnancy system if NPCs and Monsters can't give birth most of the time.

Normal NPCs retain their pregnancies and work just fine. Everything that "ports around" though not necessarily, especially pets and crewmembers. Because "porting around", especially between world instances, means just "kill old, spawn new". And Starbound was developed too stupidly to retain data in these cases, so custom data (i.e. pregnancy data) is lost, and there is almost nothing to do about it. Same goes for general monsters, as they are not persistent by nature. Move out of render distance and it's gone, all traces of a pregnancy with it.

So no, there currently are not any plans to attempt to fix the impossible.

13 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

You are using the Neko race, but I don't see you loading the Neko Sexbound compat mod. Why exactly you say you only see hair disappearing I don't know, because using a not Sexbound supported race will replace the character in question with a bald, human male (which is the default fallback to not make things explode). However, I don't see any error messages regarding loading images... Did you test with a Neko during the session of the specific log you sent?

Main reason honestly, is that Nekos are just humans with cat ears and a tail, so when they switch to "bald human", they just look like the hair fell off. Just a misinterpretation of what happened, is all.

15 hours ago, MrBeingcool said:

1) As explained by both Erina and the message above, yeah, you need support to really get your race to show up in Sexbound. We don't magically support it all without extras.

2) PoV, as was also mentioned before, you should only have one, and for Reborn, only 4.2.0 works. If both races in the animation are supported, then the box shows up with the animation. Again, i cannot magically support all races, everyone looks different! If an Avali showed up as a human i'm sure they wouldn't be happy to see that window. And i'd likely get some complaints...

3) Lastly, also shared by other users, there is a setting, much like other configs for Sexbound Reborn, you get two files in the "PACKED" version, one is the mod, and another is the config files. You can access them and change values around to your liking. Just beware that the files are very sensitive, and only accept things written by the rules. things like true or false need to be written lowercase, followed by a comma normally, any text value being "like this" and such.

18 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

So uh, a couple things.

First: You are using both the old and new version of POV Redux at the same time, with the loading order stating that old overrides new. Using any version of POV Redux not made for Reborn will break the UI, resulting in everything being empty (if even showing up at all).

Second: You are using the Neko race, but I don't see you loading the Neko Sexbound compat mod. Why exactly you say you only see hair disappearing I don't know, because using a not Sexbound supported race will replace the character in question with a bald, human male (which is the default fallback to not make things explode). However, I don't see any error messages regarding loading images... Did you test with a Neko during the session of the specific log you sent?

Third: Not only does one of your (most likely not SxB related) mods spam the log with error messages about a non-existent status effect it's trying to set, what (in the given instance) actually breaks Sexbound and hence all interaction is an error with the apparel module, which I frankly have not seen before... So that would need testing as to what exactly is causing it. The line that errors tries to extract the mask information from the head item you are currently wearing, so apparently one of your mods adds a faulty head item whose item config is missing stuff?

Thank you and red3dred for replying so quickly.

So apparently my main issues were caused because I wasn't aware I needed a support mod for the Neko race, so I got one and everything works now regarding the hair situation. However, the buttons are all still blank when I go solo and I did in fact remove the 4.0.1 mod. Everything else works fine now though. Thank you guys so much for helping.

2 hours ago, MrBeingcool said:

Thank you and red3dred for replying so quickly.

So apparently my main issues were caused because I wasn't aware I needed a support mod for the Neko race, so I got one and everything works now regarding the hair situation. However, the buttons are all still blank when I go solo and I did in fact remove the 4.0.1 mod. Everything else works fine now though. Thank you guys so much for helping.

There are no solo positions, so that makes sense. There is nothing to animate for single characters so far. However, i do see you have the Aphrodite's Bow, and you don't have the patch for it, so i'd recommend getting that just in case!

7 minutes ago, Loup5264 said:

Is there a way for pregnant bellies to show outside of nodes? My character only looks pregnant when I'm a node.

Not yet, the mods that achieve a result close to it tend to also break Sexbound, or include other fetishes that people may not want alongside.

Sadly, it ain't as easy as it sounds inside one's head, and it'd probably require a lot of fancy tech to hopefully achieve the clothing having a visible "bump".

• 2 weeks later...

So, I've been trying to change some things around in the config files but the changes don't seem to apply to the game. For example: I tried turning off the music that plays during sex and in the config file I have it set to false, but the music still plays when I start a sex scene. Is there something specific I need to do to get it to update?

10 hours ago, extratexture2 said:

Does changing sound settings/filepaths in sxb_plugin.moan.config not do anything? Was trying to make humans sound like glitches, but the only thing that seemed to work was changing the actual files around when using the source version.

Yeah the moan config sadly is NOT tied to the config. It is tied to the species patch!

So if you want to change that, sadly, it's not tied to a config, and thus requires the UNPACKED version so you can access the "species patch" files.

9 hours ago, Wandering_Enthusiast said:

So, I've been trying to change some things around in the config files but the changes don't seem to apply to the game. For example: I tried turning off the music that plays during sex and in the config file I have it set to false, but the music still plays when I start a sex scene. Is there something specific I need to do to get it to update?

You can either file a bug report or share your log so we may take a look! The music, IIRC, was a normal feature that was easy to disable, but i've personally never tried to!

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

Of course, if you change the configs in the packed version, the files need to be setup properly, if a config is broken, it'll go back to the default. A log would help elucidate any errors, but yeah, if it is completely fine, then you oughtta file a bug report in the GitHub.

On 4/8/2023 at 10:32 AM, Erina Sugino said:

If absolutely no species work, then it's something else. At the very least vanilla species work just fine. I know Neki have a problem that I have to clean up, but vanilla species work just fine and since Revision 1 even have more dialogue. If even those don't work, some other mod is either deactivating the sextalk plugin altogether or messing with the dialogue files or something. Which means at this point, clean install of just SBR and then re-adding mods one by one to find the culprit is what you have to do.

do you have any idea why it doesn't work with neki race?

5 hours ago, whatdafq said:

do you have any idea why it doesn't work with neki race?

Because I wrote my own dialogue for them long before publicly starting on Reborn, hence all the files are part of my local files and not their own mod as they should be, and for the release of Reborn I just threw them out thinking "Should work fine", but they are still in all the configs so the mod tries to load them but there is nothing.

12 hours ago, red3dred said:

Yeah the moan config sadly is NOT tied to the config. It is tied to the species patch!

So if you want to change that, sadly, it's not tied to a config, and thus requires the UNPACKED version so you can access the "species patch" files.

ah I get it, thanks!

another question: are players/NPCs ever negatively affected by high arousal? the sexbound.config "playerArousalDebuff" option implies they are but I couldn't find where it was actually used

Edited by extratexture2