[mod] Sexbound Reborn

13 minutes ago, WildAlex said:

Well, I'm getting somewhere, I removed "Naturally Horny" and "Extended Dialogues," and now the other person shows up, but we can't bang. I also noticed in my log that there's errors about some races, should I be worried about that? Like some won't appear?

Ah yes, the good old delicious clusterfuck of a logfile where just trying to load all mods takes over 1000 lines.

So, I see two versions of POV Redux.

I see Draconis POV.

And several mods that seems broken in nature, though they shouldn't necessarily cause actual problems yet.

1 hour ago, Erina Sugino said:

The ovulation cycle system only works on players, and it only affects when you can get pregnant. The same species thing was already a thing back in original SxB, so if getting pregnant with a monster worked back then it still works now.

Thanks for the answer, but after booting up a fresh save I think I found the problem.
Teratophilia needs this mod to cause creature pregnancies, and I checked the mod page and found the issue (I think) 

Incompatibilities

Any mod that might revert or change the same SxB pregnancy values that this patch changes; namely:

-enableFreeForAll
     -enableCompatibleSpeciesOnly
     -compatibleSpecies

And I'm pretty sure Sexbound Reborn affects one of these at the least, and I'm running a clean game with nothing but but Reborn, Aphrodite bow + patch, Teratophilia & PoV addons for both mods.

So yeah, not sure if this is a bad interaction between the mods or if I messed something on my end.
If this is somehow fixable that would be awesome, if not well it wont ruin the game.
Either way after checking out the mod, its still leagues better than the original, and I hope future updates develop smoothly.

50 minutes ago, Flustershy said:

Thanks for the answer, but after booting up a fresh save I think I found the problem.
Teratophilia needs this mod to cause creature pregnancies, and I checked the mod page and found the issue (I think) 

Incompatibilities

Any mod that might revert or change the same SxB pregnancy values that this patch changes; namely:

-enableFreeForAll
     -enableCompatibleSpeciesOnly
     -compatibleSpecies

And I'm pretty sure Sexbound Reborn affects one of these at the least, and I'm running a clean game with nothing but but Reborn, Aphrodite bow + patch, Teratophilia & PoV addons for both mods.

So yeah, not sure if this is a bad interaction between the mods or if I messed something on my end.
If this is somehow fixable that would be awesome, if not well it wont ruin the game.
Either way after checking out the mod, its still leagues better than the original, and I hope future updates develop smoothly.

That pregnancy rule patch thing itself is a mod that runs after Sexbound. So it overrides anything Sexbound itself offers as default. It doesn't matter what Reborn changes (which is nothing for these values) compared to Original Sexbound.

If you want to try finding the root of the issue, turn on debug and info level logging in the main config file, try to get pregnant and give us a logfile.

Edited by Erina Sugino
1 hour ago, Erina Sugino said:

That pregnancy rule patch thing itself is a mod that runs after Sexbound. So it overrides anything Sexbound itself offers as default. It doesn't matter what Reborn changes (which is nothing for these values) compared to Original Sexbound.

If you want to try finding the root of the issue, turn on debug and info level logging in the main config file, try to get pregnant and give us a logfile.

Alright it took me a while to figure out how to get the logs running, and looking at the logs this particular line comes up again and again.

Here are 4 tries with creatures I know are compatible with standard human character

[20:50:35.850] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Actor is beginning climax: Batong
[20:50:35.850] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Climax triggered, by actor 1
[20:50:35.850] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Impregnation target is actor 2
[20:50:35.850] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Actor is trying to become pregnant: Flustershy
[20:50:35.850] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Gotten pregnation request for actor 2 - received parameter table: 0000021F896F52F0
[20:50:35.850] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Ovulation check: canOvulate true - isOvulating false - final false

Actor is beginning climax: Gleap
[20:53:35.358] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Climax triggered, by actor 1
[20:53:35.358] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Impregnation target is actor 2
[20:53:35.358] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Actor is trying to become pregnant: Flustershy
[20:53:35.358] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Gotten pregnation request for actor 2 - received parameter table: 0000021F896F40B0
[20:53:35.358] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Ovulation check: canOvulate true - isOvulating false - final false

[20:54:12.108] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Actor is beginning climax: Gleap
[20:54:12.108] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Climax triggered, by actor 1
[20:54:12.108] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Impregnation target is actor 2
[20:54:12.108] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Actor is trying to become pregnant: Flustershy
[20:54:12.108] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Gotten pregnation request for actor 2 - received parameter table: 0000021F896F40B0
[20:54:12.108] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Ovulation check: canOvulate true - isOvulating false - final false

[20:55:52.774] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Triggering Scripted Climax Impregnation, by actor 1
[20:55:52.774] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Triggering Scripted Climax Impregnation, by actor 2
[20:55:52.775] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Actor is trying to become pregnant: Flustershy
[20:55:52.775] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Gotten pregnation request for actor 2 - received parameter table: 0000021F896F40B0
[20:55:52.775] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Ovulation check: canOvulate true - isOvulating false - final false

I assume this part is the one you are looking for specifically ?
And I'm no genius, but doesn't this quite literally mean that the Ovulation cycle is 100% preventing pregnancy from creatures.

17 minutes ago, Flustershy said:

Alright it took me a while to figure out how to get the logs running, and looking at the logs this particular line comes up again and again.

Here are 4 tries with creatures I know are compatible with standard human character

[20:50:35.850] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Actor is beginning climax: Batong
[20:50:35.850] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Climax triggered, by actor 1
[20:50:35.850] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Impregnation target is actor 2
[20:50:35.850] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Actor is trying to become pregnant: Flustershy
[20:50:35.850] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Gotten pregnation request for actor 2 - received parameter table: 0000021F896F52F0
[20:50:35.850] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Ovulation check: canOvulate true - isOvulating false - final false

Actor is beginning climax: Gleap
[20:53:35.358] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Climax triggered, by actor 1
[20:53:35.358] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Impregnation target is actor 2
[20:53:35.358] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Actor is trying to become pregnant: Flustershy
[20:53:35.358] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Gotten pregnation request for actor 2 - received parameter table: 0000021F896F40B0
[20:53:35.358] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Ovulation check: canOvulate true - isOvulating false - final false

[20:54:12.108] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Actor is beginning climax: Gleap
[20:54:12.108] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Climax triggered, by actor 1
[20:54:12.108] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Impregnation target is actor 2
[20:54:12.108] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Actor is trying to become pregnant: Flustershy
[20:54:12.108] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Gotten pregnation request for actor 2 - received parameter table: 0000021F896F40B0
[20:54:12.108] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Ovulation check: canOvulate true - isOvulating false - final false

[20:55:52.774] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Triggering Scripted Climax Impregnation, by actor 1
[20:55:52.774] [Info] [SxB | CLIM] : Triggering Scripted Climax Impregnation, by actor 2
[20:55:52.775] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Actor is trying to become pregnant: Flustershy
[20:55:52.775] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Gotten pregnation request for actor 2 - received parameter table: 0000021F896F40B0
[20:55:52.775] [Info] [SxB | PREG] : Ovulation check: canOvulate true - isOvulating false - final false

I assume this part is the one you are looking for specifically ?
And I'm no genius, but doesn't this quite literally mean that the Ovulation cycle is 100% preventing pregnancy from creatures.

You, as the player, are the one trying to get pregnant in this scenario. And you, the player, are currently not ovulating. So no pregnancy can occur.

24 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

You, as the player, are the one trying to get pregnant in this scenario. And you, the player, are currently not ovulating. So no pregnancy can occur.

Yes and my original question was and I quote...

''Will this new Pregnancy system interfere with Pregnancies from mods like Teratophilia
As I read through these comments I saw that your character can only get pregnant to same species and during the ''unsafe day''

Apologies if my original question was worded poorly I suppose I should have asked does the Ovulation affect creature inflicted pregnancies to the player, but yes it seems that the ovulation system affects your characters chances of getting pregnant even in creature pregnancies.

Still, everything should be in order now, and I'm looking forward to that update 1.1
Cheers.

15 hours ago, red3dred said:

Well, much like the users around you, it's a good idea to share the Log file found within the game's storage folder, if you hope to get some helpful responses. We can't do much but speculate your mods otherwise. And no, that is not an invitation or request to see your mods folder, your entire workshop subscriptions, etc. That is all included in the log in a much more readable manner, and also tells us what is the error, if any.

Well, reading it, a few things to note:

This is a terrible mistake, to trust that workshop mods cannot break your local horny mod! In fact, many can, and WILL break Sexbound. However, none in your list immediatelly jumped at me as common culprits, so let's move ahead;

Your mods are not throwing any particular errors, that one error in particular is just a normal issue of running Reborn and Lustbound. It causes no issues, it's only a failed patch of Lustbound attempting to make it so Futanaris don't have to only be females, a required feature to run special sub-genders back then, now built into Reborn. This patch is meant to fail and since the creator of Lustbound isn't around the modding scene anymore to fix it, it remains a pointless error. Easy to see why you'd point fingers when you don't know that.

So, let's move on to the helpful section. To help you figure out if your NPCs are even working properly with Hornyness and aren't being broken by a workshop mod, you can do the following:

If the above steps still fail, then i can assure you, the issue is within your workshop mods, more than likely.

Okay, as it turns out, I guess I just didn't wait long enough before, and nothing I have is breaking the mod. The eval command showed all npcs were working properly. I don't know why my config value didn't kick in before though. Thank you for your help, have a good day.

The latest version (1.0_r1h1) mentions that the following has been fixed

"> Fixed WorldInstance crash occuring on climax when using StarExtension V1.8.0 or newer"

However, I am having that exact issue. I have confirmed that I have the correct version of SBR and no other, as indicated by:

[01:10:36.431] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'lox_sexbound' at '..\mods\sexbound-reborn-1.0_r1h1.pak'
[01:10:36.431] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'sexbound_config' at '..\mods\sexbound-reborn-config'

Towards the end of my log, I get:

[01:11:47.219] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught: (JsonException) Improper conversion to JsonArray from object
[0] 7ff63865a213 Star::captureStack
[1] 7ff638658f9e Star::StarException::StarException
[2] 7ff6385f47fa Star::JsonException::format<Star::String>
[3] 7ff638602212 Star::Json::toArray
[4] 7ff6385fc457 Star::Json::getArray
[5] 7ff63899a001 Star::Projectile::destroy
[6] 7ff638bee82a Star::WorldServer::removeEntity
[7] 7ff638bf47cd Star::WorldServer::update
[8] 7ff638bfa0a6 Star::WorldServerThread::update
[9] 7ff638bf9a8b Star::WorldServerThread::run
[10] 7ff638656d9e Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
[11] 7ff87fe87604 BaseThreadInitThunk
[12] 7ff880ea26a1 RtlUserThreadStart
[01:11:47.231] [Error] UniverseServer: World CelestialWorld:962960139:-420423525:-128537215:5 has stopped due to an error
[01:11:47.231] [Info] UniverseServer: World CelestialWorld:962960139:-420423525:-128537215:5 shutdown, kicking 1 players to their own ships

This happens shortly after climax starts. I reproduced the issue on both the pak and source versions of the mod. Is anyone else having this issue?

Edit: I'm on StarExtensions 1.9.7 and using the 64-bit version of the game.

Edited by newslime
30 minutes ago, newslime said:

"> Fixed WorldInstance crash occuring on climax when using StarExtension V1.8.0 or newer"

However, I am having that exact issue. I have confirmed that I have the correct version of SBR and no other, as indicated by <this>

This happens shortly after climax starts. I reproduced the issue on both the pak and source versions of the mod. Is anyone else having this issue?

Yeah it seems StarExtension is trying really hard to be incompatible... Dumb question, though, could you try running the previous version found [here] and seeing if the issue persists? I get a feeling they may have rolled back on this issue, thus causing it to exist again, but i do not have StarExtension and don't plan to use it, so i cannot exactly test it.

... that's honestly all i can really say. I have no idea why this is a consistent issue only with StarExtension and climaxes.

6 hours ago, newslime said:

However, I am having that exact issue. I have confirmed that I have the correct version of SBR and no other, as indicated by:

[01:10:36.431] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'lox_sexbound' at '..\mods\sexbound-reborn-1.0_r1h1.pak'
[01:10:36.431] [Info] Root: Detected asset source named 'sexbound_config' at '..\mods\sexbound-reborn-config'

Towards the end of my log, I get:

[01:11:47.219] [Error] WorldServerThread exception caught: (JsonException) Improper conversion to JsonArray from object
[0] 7ff63865a213 Star::captureStack
[1] 7ff638658f9e Star::StarException::StarException
[2] 7ff6385f47fa Star::JsonException::format<Star::String>
[3] 7ff638602212 Star::Json::toArray
[4] 7ff6385fc457 Star::Json::getArray
[5] 7ff63899a001 Star::Projectile::destroy
[6] 7ff638bee82a Star::WorldServer::removeEntity
[7] 7ff638bf47cd Star::WorldServer::update
[8] 7ff638bfa0a6 Star::WorldServerThread::update
[9] 7ff638bf9a8b Star::WorldServerThread::run
[10] 7ff638656d9e Star::ThreadImpl::runThread
[11] 7ff87fe87604 BaseThreadInitThunk
[12] 7ff880ea26a1 RtlUserThreadStart
[01:11:47.231] [Error] UniverseServer: World CelestialWorld:962960139:-420423525:-128537215:5 has stopped due to an error
[01:11:47.231] [Info] UniverseServer: World CelestialWorld:962960139:-420423525:-128537215:5 shutdown, kicking 1 players to their own ships

Have you, after updating SBR to r1h1, also been updating/redownloading the Lustbound patch?

2 hours ago, inventor69 said:

does the sexbound defeat mod work with this as well?

As well as before - meaning for some it does scaringly well, for others not at all.

Edited by Erina Sugino
15 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

Have you, after updating SBR to r1h1, also been updating/redownloading the Lustbound patch?

As well as before - meaning for some it does scaringly well, for others not at all.

thanks i was asking before i got it

7 hours ago, red3dred said:

Yeah it seems StarExtension is trying really hard to be incompatible... Dumb question, though, could you try running the previous version found [here] and seeing if the issue persists? I get a feeling they may have rolled back on this issue, thus causing it to exist again, but i do not have StarExtension and don't plan to use it, so i cannot exactly test it.

... that's honestly all i can really say. I have no idea why this is a consistent issue only with StarExtension and climaxes.

I can explain (atleast what I know). StarExtension V1.8.0 changed something in the way Starbound deals with table indexes and their implicit conversion. This essentially fixes Chucklesfish's laziness and makes the behaviour more controllable and inline with what one would expect as a developer from normal programming languages. This, however, also meant that Loc's laziness now also falls apart.

The projectiles spawned during climax have an "onReap" event handler, responsible for spawning the actual liqiud when the projectile lands. As everything Starbound this is a weird nested mix from arrays and object. Loc denoted the array index as `["1"]`. Previously this was completely fine. It's stupid but worked because Starbound internally just makes a normal number out of everything that might resemble a number. Now, however, with StarExtension it does not anymore. This is now literally treated as an object with a literal "1" string index instead of an array with a 1 index. And as also all things Starbound, when the projectile now hits the ground, is supposed to be removed and the onReap handler data evaluated and executed, it shits itself, trips on the poop and breaks it's neck, crashing the entire world instance.

That's why I'm hoping the answer to my above question is "No, I did not update the Lustbound patch". Because there is only one active location where this broken structure was used in regards to climaxing and I fixed that; however, as one of two files the Lustbound Patch does override the climax.lua script and if one were to not also download the new version of the Lustbound Patch would effectively still have the old version with the broken ["1"].

Edited by Erina Sugino

i need a bit of assistance i got the mods installed and they are showing up and not crashing i even have the supports for other raced like the latex beasts and the protogens i see the animations working for other npc but when i try to activate it for my character they just stand stiff with the object or creature standing close to it with no actions showing up or animations playing im not sure what to do

On 5/5/2023 at 12:25 AM, Erina Sugino said:

I admit I overlooked the tiny small appendix to your last message stating you have the "Neki adapter" installed. However, no, you never stated anything regarding your issue. You simply replied to a message from the conversation with another user, which was revolving around sextalk not working. I even took the liberty to look through all of your 9 posts here on LL, the closest resemblance to "stating your issue" would be posting in the Neki compat mod's thread "It's a wee bit broken", furthermore not even elaborating any further to the person who made the mod in question asking for any sort of usable detail because "It's broken" is as good a bug report as saying "the sun is yellow".

So, going off of the now known bit of information that you apparently have problems with faulty sprites, this would be the moment to follow proper bug reporting procedures - i.e. giving as a log file, the thing that might actually telling what's going on better than a person ever could - so we can take a look at what might be breaking, and why.

Alternatively, while looking I saw that in the Neki compat thread the person right in front of you complained about the same thing, then came to the "nevermind I fixed it" conclusion, so asking there might also be worth a shot.

first off, my apologies, but i have looked on internet and your posting of the mod and have no clue how to get the log thing. I hate to be that guy but im kinda incompetent 

6 hours ago, inventor69 said:

i need a bit of assistance i got the mods installed and they are showing up and not crashing i even have the supports for other raced like the latex beasts and the protogens i see the animations working for other npc but when i try to activate it for my character they just stand stiff with the object or creature standing close to it with no actions showing up or animations playing im not sure what to do

No log, no help can do! Which is to say, we can't possibly know your mods without some help, preferably from the game, in a single file, listing all mods and possibly the errors.

So, to better report issues, try providing a description of the issue and recreating the issue in-game, then providing a log file.

To find the log file, it should be within your Starbound installation directory, then the storage folder. You should see a text file named starbound.log (Or simply starbound, a plain text file). Paste it into your response as a attached file, or use PasteBin, whichever you prefer. Then users can look into your issues with the necessary information at hand.

<Just please don't post the whole thing as text here>

That said, it sounds like you have a mod that is breaking it, though, likely a PoV variant.

1 hour ago, whatdafq said:

first off, my apologies, but i have looked on internet and your posting of the mod and have no clue how to get the log thing. I hate to be that guy but im kinda incompetent 

Well, lucky you! The copy-pasta has been summoned above!

9 hours ago, Erina Sugino said:

I had not been. I didn't realize there was an update since it says version 1.0 in the download. Downloading it and overwriting seems to have fixed the problem. If it turns out to be a fluke and still stops working later, I'll try a different version of starextension as was suggested above and report back. For now, all seems fine.

1 hour ago, red3dred said:

No log, no help can do! Which is to say, we can't possibly know your mods without some help, preferably from the game, in a single file, listing all mods and possibly the errors.

That said, it sounds like you have a mod that is breaking it, though, likely a PoV variant.

sorry for sending so many i did not know which was needed

starbound.log.3 starbound.log.4 starbound.log.5 starbound.log.1 starbound.log.2

3 hours ago, red3dred said:

I appreciate it! thank you

starbound.log

On 5/5/2023 at 12:25 AM, Erina Sugino said:

I admit I overlooked the tiny small appendix to your last message stating you have the "Neki adapter" installed. However, no, you never stated anything regarding your issue. You simply replied to a message from the conversation with another user, which was revolving around sextalk not working. I even took the liberty to look through all of your 9 posts here on LL, the closest resemblance to "stating your issue" would be posting in the Neki compat mod's thread "It's a wee bit broken", furthermore not even elaborating any further to the person who made the mod in question asking for any sort of usable detail because "It's broken" is as good a bug report as saying "the sun is yellow".

So, going off of the now known bit of information that you apparently have problems with faulty sprites, this would be the moment to follow proper bug reporting procedures - i.e. giving as a log file, the thing that might actually telling what's going on better than a person ever could - so we can take a look at what might be breaking, and why.

Alternatively, while looking I saw that in the Neki compat thread the person right in front of you complained about the same thing, then came to the "nevermind I fixed it" conclusion, so asking there might also be worth a shot.

i found it!starbound.log

4 hours ago, inventor69 said:

sorry for sending so many i did not know which was needed

None of the above! The one mentioned was clearly stated as starbound.log, no number, or simply starbound, a text file. These are all numbered because they are previous instances of logs. Basically it makes a log file called "starbound.log", then you close the game, and next time you start it, that file gets renamed to "starbound.log.1" and the new one made. And so on until .5, and after that it deletes older logs.

Still, log.1 might contain some useful information if it's not outdated...
It says you have downloaded the Terato-scenes mod, both it's usable and it's "art files", shoved both in the mods folder, despite the latter not being a mod. Well, that's fine, but you got the Terato-scenes version that is NOT meant for Reborn. Try the one called "SxB - Teratocutscenes".
A lot of workshop mods, too many for me to read through one by one and checking for possible culprits.
... Dear god...

Spoiler

image.png.12717e70391237c31b0a03c6b6154382.png

Jokes apart, that's all, i think.

Would need a cleaner log to figure out what's actually going on, as tons of other mods are tossing errors amidst the Sexbound errors, but generally, something broke, likely Teratocutscenes.

18 minutes ago, ZTbot said:

What would I do to fix it? (Draconis PoV)

Simple, really. Get the unpacked version of the mod, install it locally and properly.

Spoiler

It will be a zip file, you right click, select "extract here" and you'll get a folder.
Put said folder in your mods folder.
Check to make sure it's installed correctly by opening that folder and making sure there's not another folder inside with the mod's name, and that the _metadata is there.

After you've installed it locally, simply look inside the mod, and remove all folders except "artwork" (and leave the _metadata file alone too). That's it. That's all the mod needs to work with the PoV module.

Edited by red3dred
8 hours ago, red3dred said:

None of the above! The one mentioned was clearly stated as starbound.log, no number, or simply starbound, a text file. These are all numbered because they are previous instances of logs. Basically it makes a log file called "starbound.log", then you close the game, and next time you start it, that file gets renamed to "starbound.log.1" and the new one made. And so on until .5, and after that it deletes older logs.

Still, log.1 might contain some useful information if it's not outdated...
It says you have downloaded the Terato-scenes mod, both it's usable and it's "art files", shoved both in the mods folder, despite the latter not being a mod. Well, that's fine, but you got the Terato-scenes version that is NOT meant for Reborn. Try the one called "SxB - Teratocutscenes".
A lot of workshop mods, too many for me to read through one by one and checking for possible culprits.
... Dear god...

Reveal hidden contents

image.png.12717e70391237c31b0a03c6b6154382.png

Jokes apart, that's all, i think.

Would need a cleaner log to figure out what's actually going on, as tons of other mods are tossing errors amidst the Sexbound errors, but generally, something broke, likely Teratocutscenes.

Simple, really. Get the unpacked version of the mod, install it locally and properly.

Reveal hidden contents

It will be a zip file, you right click, select "extract here" and you'll get a folder.
Put said folder in your mods folder.
Check to make sure it's installed correctly by opening that folder and making sure there's not another folder inside with the mod's name, and that the _metadata is there.

After you've installed it locally, simply look inside the mod, and remove all folders except "artwork" (and leave the _metadata file alone too). That's it. That's all the mod needs to work with the PoV module.

thank you i belive this is it then and sorry for going all over the place here

starbound.log