1 minute ago, LenAnderson said:

Since the morphs UC applies are supposed to reflect gaining and losing weight, It makes more sense to keep additive morphing (and only doctors) off. Otherwise the only way to get back to the "healthy" body is through doctors.

And with additive enabled, fluctuating weight (i.e., losing weight by running through the wasteland, then gaining weight by having a snack, rinse and repeat) would quickly make you put on massive "visible" weight even though you'd be meandering around the same weight the whole time.

Thanks for clarifying that out!

By default RMR has 'No override' for all 3 options regarding additive morphing. Should I keep it that way or switch it to Disabled?

33 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Amazing! I just experienced UC - holy crap that's amazing! Surely, I have to tweak some sliders just a little bit, but I'd say my config is about 95% completed.

Thanks! Glad people are enjoying it. Turned out to be pretty easy to throw together (I only just started designing it the day after RMR 2.0.0 appeared). Still have a lot of ideas for where I'll try to take things though.

That being said, I'd like to ask you, as you're the author of it - would you recommend using Additive Morphing? And in general, what are some of RMR settings we should tweak in order to experience UC the best way possible? I guess I'm just asking for some general tips :)

I don't use additive morphing, and I'm not even sure how it would work with this trigger. It's pretty straightforward... there's a BodyFat vector with a value from 0.0 to 1.0 (very high precision though since all the math is done with a float property on a quest script rather than relying on a global or an actor value). This number is what gets sent to RMR to tell it what amount of your morph target it should render. The communication with RMR isn't incremental addition/subtraction of values, it's a literal number representing how much of each morph should be rendered. If your BodyFat value is at 0.50 then RMR is displaying your sliders halfway between the minimum and target values. If you exercise a bunch and burn 0.01 then UC tells RMR to update your sliders to 0.49 or 49% of the way from their minimum to their target. As a result, I'm not sure how you'd ever "accumulate" morph values like happened in RMR v1.

Also, and this is a minor idea, but I'd personally like to see a configurable hotkey which when pressed reports your morph status (how much % each slider is at). Not a huge deal, but something I'd like to have (I'm a sucker for hotkeys lol).

UC doesn't have this degree of insight into what RMR is doing, it simply sends a single number to RMR representing how fat you are (or aren't). The rest is up to RMR's config to determine what it's going to do with that. I suppose you could ask for a new RMR feature to show you that, or you might be able to use HBD_MorphDebug to find out sooner.

Also, are you planning to integrate Sex Attirbutes somehow to this mod? Asking because at the moment, AAF scenes burn fat at 3x the normal rate. I think it'd be great if you could get SA's actor values and adjust the rate that way. Basically what I'm saying is the rate is influenced by the race (creature) present in AAF animation involving the player.

In 1.2.0 I've implemented smarter AAF integration (didn't do it initially because I needed to create a proxy script in order to register for its events while keeping AAF as a soft dependency so people who aren't using it can still run UC). Now it calculates the burn relative  to how long you had sex rather than just whether you were in the middle of sex when the periodic activity checker popped, and also excludes single-actor scenes. I'll probably add a bit for tag inspection in order to skip non-sex animations since right now any animation played by AAF involving the player and at least one other actor is treated as sex, but this is good enough for now.

Adding checks for the  partner race means deciding how much fat you burn having sex with different races of partners, which is doable but I'm unconvinced 1. that it logically makes much sense (a behemoth may give your vag more of a workout but are you really burning more fat?), nor 2. that the impact of differentiating those would be significant enough to gameplay to warrant the maintenance burden from the added complexity (very minor increase in fat burn vs needing to keep race lists and possibly make them configurable/extensible because everyone's going to want their favorite mod critter added). Partner count would be easier to justify in both respects, but more generally this mod isn't about sex per se. It's an interesting idea though.

One place I do anticipate leveraging more AAF intelligence is in the future self harm aspects of food addiction, since there will be a number of destructive ways to fight your unhealthy craving, and I intend engaging in aggressive-tagged sex scenes to be one of those possibilities.

Other than that, I just want to say a massive thanks for sharing this mod! Once I figured it out and actually seen how eating pre-war junk food affects my character... I got hyped so much that I'm probably going to start a new save (because immersive reasons)!

Keep up the great work! Can't wait to see what you do next!

The actual Unhealthy Craving addiction is coming in 1.2.0, and the fatter you are the greater the chance that consuming junk food items will inflict it. There's no real meat to it beyond that yet (pun intended), just a skeleton for now but I plan to hang a bunch of dark and gritty aspects  of actual eating disorders off of it (primarily compulsive eating, secret eating, binge eating, combat malaise, soft integration with Sex Attributes' willpower stat, the ability to sense junk food in your proximity, and more) as well as the aforementioned self harm coping mechanisms (not just aggressive sex, but also cutting or burning yourself, wearing bondage gear, willingly taking melee damage...).

18 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

Thanks for clarifying that out!

By default RMR has 'No override' for all 3 options regarding additive morphing. Should I keep it that way or switch it to Disabled?

"No override" in the global overrides just means the individual sliders can have that controlled independently. But it defaults to off in the sliders, so unless you turn it on in some of them you really shouldn't have to worry about it.

5 hours ago, rubber_duck said:

Thanks a lot for sharing this!

Mind if I ask about your other settings? Have you disabled 'Only doctors can reset morphs' and 'Additive morphing'? I just switched to RMR 2.2 and got Unhealthy Craving as my trigger of choice.

If you could send your whole RMR config file, that'd be great!

Also, great work with this one @vaultbait! I'm really looking forward to seeing future versions of this mod, keep up the great work!

I'm not the Mod Author, just a fan. I'm a long term RadMorphing Redux fan and user, so I know it's difficult to set-up.

My only non-default settings are clothing stripping. Which I'm still working on, wear your clothing you want to strip, and hit the button to show which Slots all your clothes use.

Strip Slots... are numbers with a   |    in-between, called a Pipe or Vertical Line.      L-Shift + \ .

Doctor Healing... Because it's a weight gain mod, Doctors don't heal your character. Unless you are role-playing Liposuction, and Diet Pills.

I left most of the settings Default, because I wanted the Unhealthy Cravings mod to handle them.

MCM...

Equipped Items ... Refresh

First number, is the Slot Number. The items you are wearing.

MCM...

Slot ...

Equipped Item

Armor Slots to Unequip .......... add your slots to un-equip here, with a vertical bar between them. No Spaces... 

eg  11|10|6|3   to unequip all Alt-Slot Clothing a setting I used for the NippleLength on Slot 3

Unequip Threshold 45     This is when it will unequip, I did this to stop the body poking through the clothing, at high weight morphing. Just below, getting Chubby.

All other stuff is set to Default, for me.

The only thing I want to change, is which items unequip. The Breasts are first to unequip, underwear is last. You do this, by setting the unequipping to different body parts.

Un-Equipping order, I use...

NippleLength .......... First things to unequip, covers most items. As the Suit, un-equips most clothing items as well.  Vanilla, would be less slots.

AppleCheeks ........... Second, Underwear.

Edited by Krazyone
13 minutes ago, Krazyone said:

I'm not the Mod Author, just a fan. I'm a long term RadMorphing Redux fan and user, so I know it's difficult to set-up.

My only non-default settings are clothing stripping. Which I'm still working on, wear your clothing you want to strip, and hit the button to show which Slots all your clothes use.

Strip Slots... are numbers with a   |    in-between, called a Pipe or Vertical Line.      L-Shift + \ .

Because it's a weight gain mod, Doctors don't heal your character. Unless you are role-playing Liposuction, and Diet Pills.

I left most of the settings Default, because I wanted the Unhealthy Cravings mod to handle them.

MCM...

Equipped Items ... Refresh

First number, is the Slot Number. The items you are wearing.

MCM...

Slot ...

Equipped Item

Armor Slots to Unequip .......... add your slots to un-equip here, with a vertical bar between them. No Spaces... 

eg  11|10|6|3   to unequip all Alt-Slot Clothing a setting I used for the NippleLength on Slot 3

Unequip Threshold 45     This is when it will unequip, I did this to stop the body poking through the clothing, at high weight morphing. Just below, getting Chubby.

All other stuff is set to Default, for me.

The only thing I want to change, is which items unequip. The Breasts are first to unequip, underwear is last. You do this, by setting the unequipping to different body parts.

Un-Equipping order, I use...

NippleLength .......... First things to unequip, covers most items. As the Suit, un-equips most clothing items as well.  Vanilla, would be less slots.

AppleCheeks ........... Second, Underwear.

Thanks! I've been RMR user for over 2 years now but once I configured it (2 years ago) I never touched it. Because of that I'm still on unknown ground with the mod.

I really appreciate this well written guide! Thanks again and take care!

24 minutes ago, Krazyone said:

Doctor Healing... Because it's a weight gain mod, Doctors don't heal your character. Unless you are role-playing Liposuction, and Diet Pills.

Yes, I've been noodling on ways to handle significant weight reduction through in-game actions in UC, in which case you wouldn't be relying on RMR's doctor morph healing feature anyway. The underlying mechanism would be trivial to implement, it's more about making it into a reasonably believable scenario (I'm sure the Mega-Surgery Center could help you out with that, but I'd rather do something a little more convenient than expecting players to trudge all the way to DC for it). Surgery chairs in settlements might make sense too.

Diet pills are pretty much already covered by the small instantaneous weight losses from some of the vanilla chems, but I could easily add a clone of one of them and call it Fat-B-Gone or whatever (yeah, not that, I spent like three seconds on the name). With a little more work, I could do it as a longer effect speeding up your metabolism similar to how the Light 'Em Up 2.0 support for smoking is done in UC.

Just like in real life, there are drugs which will cause steady weight loss through continued use, some of which might be sold as "diet pills" but also, just like in real life, you can get addicted to them if you rely on them. Substances marketed over the counter for weight loss during the 20th century are now illegal in many countries because they also, surprise, were unregulated hard core stimulants. For now, if you want to role play a diet pill habit, just carry a steady supply of Mentats, it's probably about the closest analog in vanilla FO4 (or Jet if you want to cultivate more of an air of twitchy crackwhoreness).

18 minutes ago, tookachinchilla said:

Would there be any issues updating from 1.0 to 1.1 (or 1.2 when it's ready) without a clean save?

There should be no need for a clean save. Just uninstall the old version, install the new one, and start up your game. The mod is smart enough to notice you've updated and refresh things on its own without intervention. If I anticipate any breaking changes like that in a future version, I'll increment the major part of the version to 2.0.0 and include clear instructions in the changelog as well.

1.2.0 (2022-12-04)

• Consuming junk food risks a 25% chance, proportional to body fat, of contracting the Unhealthy Craving addiction (so when "fit" that's roughly 1:16 odds)
  • MCM option to enable debug notifications about actions the mod takes
  • MCM option to enable debug notifications about body fat change amounts
  • Add humorous and semi-degrading descriptions to Body Fat perks
  • List buff/debuff details for Body Fat effects in Pip-Boy status
  • Slow metabolism while pregnant to simulate being easier to gain fat while making it harder to burn
  • Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints - With HardCore Auto Save items (cigarettes/cigars/stogies burn fat, joints gain fat)
  • Calculate fat gain from sleeping based on actual sleep duration rather than attempted sleep duration
  • Switch to duration-based fat burn for sex and make sure there are multiple partners (masturbation doesn't count!)

I also added a screenshot of my personal very basic RMR configuration for using this with the Fusion Girl "BodyFat" slider... I pretty much leave everything at defaults except the handful of options I mention in the file description just above the spoiler with the image.

Edit: And just now I updated the FAQ and Known Bugs posts (#2 and #3 in this topic) to be current with this release.

Edited by vaultbait
1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

1.2.0 (2022-12-04)

• Consuming junk food risks a 25% chance, proportional to body fat, of contracting the Unhealthy Craving addiction (so when "fit" that's roughly 1:16 odds)
  • MCM option to enable debug notifications about actions the mod takes
  • MCM option to enable debug notifications about body fat change amounts
  • Add humorous and semi-degrading descriptions to Body Fat perks
  • List buff/debuff details for Body Fat effects in Pip-Boy status
  • Slow metabolism while pregnant to simulate being easier to gain fat while making it harder to burn
  • Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints - With HardCore Auto Save items (cigarettes/cigars/stogies burn fat, joints gain fat)
  • Calculate fat gain from sleeping based on actual sleep duration rather than attempted sleep duration
  • Switch to duration-based fat burn for sex and make sure there are multiple partners (masturbation doesn't count!)

I also added a screenshot of my personal very basic RMR configuration for using this with the Fusion Girl "BodyFat" slider... I pretty much leave everything at defaults except the handful of options I mention in the file description just above the spoiler with the image.

Edit: And just now I updated the FAQ and Known Bugs posts (#2 and #3 in this topic) to be current with this release.

Thanks for the update! Will check it out soon!

By the way, what do you mean by 'Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints - With HardCore Auto Save items (cigarettes/cigars/stogies burn fat, joints gain fat)' - does v1.2.0 still support Light Em Up 2.0?

1 hour ago, rubber_duck said:

Thanks for the update! Will check it out soon!

By the way, what do you mean by 'Smokeable Cigars - Cigarettes - Joints - With HardCore Auto Save items (cigarettes/cigars/stogies burn fat, joints gain fat)' - does v1.2.0 still support Light Em Up 2.0?

Yes, both are supported. Take a look at the FAQ entry about items and activities (second post in this topic). Expand the spoiler and you'll see both are listed but in different sections. Light 'Em Up 2.0 smoking is an extended effect so it factors into the metabolic rate calculations done by the periodic activity checker. Smokeable CCJ consumables are simply treated as fat gain/loss items because they're consumed quickly during an animation instead.

Edit: Note that Smokeable CCJ integration would be easier to abuse, since you could just spam a ton of cigarettes and lose a lot of weight very quickly (they're easy to come by in large numbers, after all), while trying the same with Light 'Em Up 2.0 would do nothing other than waste cigarettes since you're merely refreshing its smoking effect before its duration expires.

Edited by vaultbait
24 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, both are supported. Take a look at the FAQ entry about items and activities (second post in this topic). Expand the spoiler and you'll see both are listed but in different sections. Light 'Em Up 2.0 smoking is an extended effect so it factors into the metabolic rate calculations done by the periodic activity checker. Smokeable CCJ consumables are simply treated as fat gain/loss items because they're consumed quickly during an animation instead.

Got it, thanks!

For a second I thought you ditched Light Em Up 2.0 in favor of the other mod. I'm glad you're supporting both as I prefer Light Em Up.

Keep up the great work, this is absolutely amazing! Top job, friend!

16 minutes ago, rubber_duck said:

For a second I thought you ditched Light Em Up 2.0 in favor of the other mod.

I'll do my best to avoid intentionally dropping features or removing integrations with other mods (accidental bugs notwithstanding), but if I have to I'll be sure I make it abundantly clear. If I implement support for something, regardless of whether I expect to use it myself, I assume I'm going to be keeping it in the mod for the long term; and if I do remove things, I'll try to make sure it's in a new major version with a clear explanation as to why.

9 hours ago, Chazos1 said:

Hey so i installed the rads mod and the unheathy mod and fusion girl but when i go in game and get the settings you have in the screenshots my character is not having any changes or morphs can i have some help

A couple of possibilities spring to mind... first, did you build your body (and outfits) with morphs in BodySlide? Also, this mod changes your body gradually by design, so unless you do something like spam 20 doses of Buffout you might not notice any obvious immediate change.

Story time... 1.2.0 adds a (pointless but incurable) junk food addiction, and for 1.3.0 my plan is to work out how you lose it. I've already added an MCM toggle for the future 1.3.0 which turns the addiction effect off completely, so those who are only interested in using this for food/exercise-based body morphing need read no further.

As anyone who struggles with this in real life can tell you, food addiction is quite unlike other substance addictions people may be familiar with. For starters, you can't just go off food entirely and wait for your withdrawal symptoms to subside, that's called starvation. You can't put it out of your mind or avoid it either, food and all the related talk and imagery surround us constantly. Even in the post-apocalyptic Commonwealth many of the faded billboards and torn posters are food advertisements, and the place is littered with the remnants of pre-war food or its packaging.

So in a cartoonish game, how do you gain and lose a food addiction? Well, for starters, I'm limiting it to junk food. There's a lot of it around, and for those playing in survival mode or with mods like Advanced Needs which implement food spoilage, junk food is the only thing which doesn't go bad(der), because it's already survived a nuclear apocalypse. Gaining an addiction to junk food involves eating it. The fatter you are, the more likely it is that eating junk food will become an addiction. But losing it? Switch to more healthy cooked or raw foods and purified water for a while. You'll also probably lose fat along the way, but the longer you go without touching junk food the greater the chance that your addiction to it will subside. If you stay fat it will be harder, but if you manage to burn a lot of fat then the junk food cravings will go away sooner.

To accomplish this dynamic (still fiddling with the math), the basic idea is that every time the activity checker fires you'll have a random chance of it ending which works out to something like how long it's been since you last ate any junk food inversely proportional to your body fat value, in constant game time (I'll scale the chance by the activity pulse frequency so the end result is statistically equivalent no matter how fast or slowly it checks). The goal is that if you keep eating junk food you'll continue to be an addict, but if you avoid it then for skinny characters it may only be an occasional fleeting craving while for fat characters it will be quite hard to get over.

How does that sound? If I can nail a solid addiction recovery algorithm like the above, then I'll be able to move on to implementing the addiction drawbacks and countermeasures, but I want to get this part out of the way before I push this any farther.

9 hours ago, Mutt5292 said:

I can't find the trigger anymore n the mcm. I have 2.0 of Rad morph redux installed and I've tried the newer versions. I'm not sure why the triggers aren't appearing in the mcm. I can get it to show up on the 1.0 version of unhealthycraving.

UC registers its trigger with RMR when its utility quest starts, when the version of UC is upgraded, when you change the trigger name in MCM, or any time RMR sends a trigger request event (which I think happens if RMR is restarted or upgraded though I haven't looked). It also logs these updates to your Papyrus log if you have Papyrus logging set up in your game, and you can search in your log for messages starting with "[Unhealthy Craving]" to see when they occur relative to things RMR may have logged or whether there are any associated errors.

A quick workaround you can try to get it to re-register the trigger is to change the RMR trigger name in UC's MCM and then change it back again (that will cause it to unregister the old name, register with the new temporary name, unregister that temporary name, and register the old name again). But long term, it would be good to figure out what has caused RMR to lose that trigger registration or if UC somehow unregistered at one point it and never realized it needed to re-register. I'll play around with it when I get a chance and see if I can recreate the problem.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

UC registers its trigger with RMR when its utility quest starts, when the version of UC is upgraded, when you change the trigger name in MCM, or any time RMR sends a trigger request event (which I think happens if RMR is restarted or upgraded though I haven't looked). It also logs these updates to your Papyrus log if you have Papyrus logging set up in your game, and you can search in your log for messages starting with "[Unhealthy Craving]" to see when they occur relative to things RMR may have logged or whether there are any associated errors.

A quick workaround you can try to get it to re-register the trigger is to change the RMR trigger name in UC's MCM and then change it back again (that will cause it to unregister the old name, register with the new temporary name, unregister that temporary name, and register the old name again). But long term, it would be good to figure out what has caused RMR to lose that trigger registration or if UC somehow unregistered at one point it and never realized it needed to re-register. I'll play around with it when I get a chance and see if I can recreate the problem.

Its all good. Don't spend too much time on it. I fixed this by just starting a new save. Thanks!

3 hours ago, Mutt5292 said:

Its all good. Don't spend too much time on it. I fixed this by just starting a new save. Thanks!

If you happen to notice it again, any additional information you can think of for actions that might have led to it would be appreciated. It could be a symptom of deeper issues like a livelock in the quest script, for example. I won't pretend my coding is bugproof! ?

Can't wait for the next release, really looking forward to that Unhealthy Craving!

I don't know whether you take ideas or not, but I'll give a few...

First and foremost, I feel like it's much easier and faster to burn fat than it is to gain it. I know it would be a lot of work, but I'd really love to see each and every gain/burn customizable in MCM (and ideally, by how much % of its default - if Purified Water burns 1% of max by default, then if I set its slider to 50, it should burn 0.5% of max; you get the idea). Something that has both toggles (ON/OFF) and sliders, that'd be amazing!

Second, regarding the Unhealthy Craving perk itself - I think it'd work best if you could implement sort of addiction to junk food. If player has that perk (addiction, really) they get some penalties (up to you to decide), but also there's a timer that forces the player to consume any junk/prewar food every in-game hour. If the player skips it - the cravings get worse and debuffs stack up (for example, if craving takes -1 to certain/all SPECIAL stats, after not consuming any junk food for 2 hours would make it -2 to certain/all SPECIAL stats).

On top of that, it'd be amazing if you could add a new and special cure (chem) that heals it; but make it either really, really expensive (about 10K caps) or very difficult to craft. Perhaps you could integrate Better Living Through Cumistry and then make the cure craftable but requiring every Cum type (from all races in that mod). That'd make it really interesting!

Finally, I noticed you mentioned fat fetish - any info on when can we expect to see it? If you haven't started with it yet, what about implementing it as a perk which can be obtained if player has a lot of sex when overweight and up? I'm just thinking out loud as I forgot to ask you about it the last time I replied to the topic (and I'm really curious about the future of this mod as I really, really, really like it)!

At the end of the day, it's your mod and you are the one who decides what's getting implemented and what not. Like I said, the only issue I have with it (at the moment) is that it's much easier to lose weight than it is to gain it. During my most recent session my character woke up Thick and at the end of the in-game day she was Thin, nearly Emaciated (I could tell just by looking at the morphs; she was barely Thin).

I'm sure you'll figure something out! Also, no pressure! I don't mind waiting longer for a mod to get released as I prefer quality over quantity.

Great work with this one, keep it up!

Edited by rubber_duck
On 12/6/2022 at 7:44 AM, vaultbait said:

I’m encountering this again. I’m going to try to enable logging. I notice someone in the rad morph redux thread also had this issue.

6 hours ago, Mutt5292 said:

MCM.log 18.27 kB · 2 downloads

Here is the log file. I'm unsure how to decipher this. 

That's the MCM log, not the papyrus log.

How to enable papyrus logging?

However, from the MCM log, it already looks like RMR is not properly installed.

Warning: Cannot retrieve a property value MCM_TriggerNames from a form with no scripts attached. (LenA_RadMorphing.esp|4C50)
WARNING: LenA_RadMorphing.esp|4C50 cannot be resolved to a Papyrus script object.

Did you update from RMR v1 in the same savegame? Disabled RMR and made a clean save beforehand?
My guess would be that either the wrong/old esp is still deployed, or no esp has been deployed at all.
On 12/2/2022 at 1:45 PM, vaultbait said:

What specifically do you mean by "work together"? I'm using them together, though I do have an update in the works to slow your metabolism if you're on contraceptive pills, and am thinking about doing something similar when you're knocked up (cheap attempt to make it easier to put on fat and hard to burn it while pregnant).

Note that in the initial 1.0.0 version the only real feedback is the morph itself, and I've tuned the hard-coded metabolism values to be fairly slow (but much faster than real life). That is to say, if you eat packaged pre-war food and drink soda/booze for three meals a day, it will take months in game time to reach maximum body fat. For now you can check progress in the console with sqv uc_main bodyfat but the next version will have perks and effects which show in the Pip-Boy which you can use to track how fat you are/aren't.

This is working well with the gameplay of both Advance Needs 76 and Family Planning Enhanced.  I'm severely obese at 2 months pregnant compared to other characters around me.

It's fun to see how my choices to just drink booze to quench thirst and eat anything junk around has caused me to blow up.

Gonna try meal prepping before going on missions to see if I can lose weight.

Just now, TabbyCatNinja said:

This is working well with the gameplay of both Advance Needs 76 and Family Planning Enhanced.  I'm severely obese at 2 months pregnant compared to other characters around me.

Glad you're enjoying it! I use it with both of those mods too. More soft integrations with other mods are coming in 1.3.0.

Just now, TabbyCatNinja said:

It's fun to see how my choices to just drink booze to quench thirst and eat anything junk around has caused me to blow up.

On reflection, I've decided that counting booze as junk food was probably questionable, since it already has its own addiction and potential drawbacks anyway. For 1.3.0 I've made that a configurable choice but have it defaulting to off.