{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

hi i have been trying to get this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29432/? (ElewinReal Sunglasses) and  http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70975/? (imomegane-Glasses) to align properly with the elin face with no luck, can anyone help me out thanks.

I'll add some new sliders (for now it will be for ECE) that will allow you to reposition eyeglasses, hats and other clothes and accessories while in race menu.

hi i have been trying to get this mod http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29432/? (ElewinReal Sunglasses) and http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/70975/? (imomegane-Glasses) to align properly with the elin face with no luck, can anyone help me out thanks.

I'll add some new sliders (for now it will be for ECE) that will allow you to reposition eyeglasses, hats and other clothes and accessories while in race menu.
Thanks. Is there anyway for it to work for my companions too? The're elins :).

Now I remember why I never released the accessories manipulation sliders for Elin 1, they stubbornly refuse to appear in race menu.  Anyway, if you want the eyeglasses to fit Elin followers then the sliders would be useless.  For NPCs the eyeglasses and any accessories would need to be fitted using Blender.  Outfit Studio will work with some items such as hats, but with eyeglasses and jewelry I'm more comfortable using Blender.

I'll try to have something available in the coming days as I promised someone else that I'll update and upload some Elin followers.

UPDATE - Yi Ka and Mi Ya, Elin Followers.

Cleaned up the original mod to remove files that are already included in the Elin Race main pack.

Changed Mi Ya's hair (looks similar to Yi Ka's hair) and changed her from squirrel to cat.

Replaced the outfits from mage outfits to Elin outfits which uses the Elin body.

They use their own body files (Elin body).

Bug Fix

After installation, create a game save prior to entering the Drunken Huntsman.  If you do not see the sisters inside, reload the last game save to make the game load the followers.

UPDATE - Elin Mage Followers.

Only difference between the Redone version and the original is that I updated their appearance.  Their abilities/powers remain unchanged.

Changed their hairs and added ears/tails.

Changed their outfits from simple mage robes to Elin heavy armors.

Location:  Mages Firelin, Icelin, and Thundelin can be found in the Arcanaeum at the Mage's College of Winterhold.

been using your Elins for years. some of my faves! i've always had some oddness that i've meant to ask about...

at the College, i'll often see some elins in the hall of elements, and they're doing this twirling motion with a hand. like i've seen magicians do w/ coins or balls. a slick skillful moving of the hand. but oddly by elins dont actually have anything in their hand lol. it's just them moving hand dramatically heh. could i be missing an animation object? oh and i'm using ver 1.3c

been using your Elins for years. some of my faves! i've always had some oddness that i've meant to ask about...

at the College, i'll often see some elins in the hall of elements, and they're doing this twirling motion with a hand. like i've seen magicians do w/ coins or balls. a slick skillful moving of the hand. but oddly by elins dont actually have anything in their hand lol. it's just them moving hand dramatically heh. could i be missing an animation object? oh and i'm using ver 1.3c

I never noticed the hand twirling in my game even with different characters.  Are you using a magic animation replacer?  If not then you're experiencing a possible glitch.

On the topic of the FNIS patch for the idle animation, the issue with FNIS6's idlebehavior.hkx is something that only Fore himself can fix, right? Is he aware of the issue? Surely overwriting that file as a fix could lead to incompatibilities with other mods?

On the topic of the FNIS patch for the idle animation, the issue with FNIS6's idlebehavior.hkx is something that only Fore himself can fix, right? Is he aware of the issue? Surely overwriting that file as a fix could lead to incompatibilities with other mods?

Yeah, about that, I did ask Fore for help back in the early days of FNIS 6...I never heard back from him and he did read my message.

There are two ways to get a response from him, (1) ask him a question he shares interest with and, (2) poke him with the 'stupid question' stick then slap him with the 'annoyingly little informed bug report' glove.

He's not interested in the Elins, much less their own animations so that leaves out option #1.  The second option will not get the answer you are looking for.

If someone else would like to give it a try (asking Fore for help) then good luck.

Idlebehavior.hkx lists all idle animations that plays in the game.  FNIS 6.x does not add any references, listing, or whatever it is called, of the Elin animation files when the FNIS generator creates the new Idlebehavior.hkx.

This should give you an idea of what is missing from the FNIS 6 created idlebehavior file.

ElinAnim-FNIS6x.txt

Elin Dance Patch XML

idlebehavior.xml

So I got a somewhat blunt response from Fore, but it sounds like this incompatibility is not something he programmed into FNIS 6. Assuming there's no difference between the way these animations are set up compared to other proper FNIS mods, there shouldn't be any reason a modder couldn't make it compatible. However, as he announced quite a while ago he doesn't mod anymore so folks are on their own. Is there perhaps something wrong with the way the Elin idle is set up compared to other mods, then? I can't wrap my head around any of this technical stuff...

i recently installed FNIS PCEA2 so i had to update to latest FNIS (6.3 from 5.5). haven't been looking so not sure if my Elin idle is busted (just idle, not dance idle). i'm not using the elin race, but i have the summon ring and new npcs. does the latest fnis break the idles for them as well, or just the player elin?

So I got a somewhat blunt response from Fore, but it sounds like this incompatibility is not something he programmed into FNIS 6. Assuming there's no difference between the way these animations are set up compared to other proper FNIS mods, there shouldn't be any reason a modder couldn't make it compatible. However, as he announced quite a while ago he doesn't mod anymore so folks are on their own. Is there perhaps something wrong with the way the Elin idle is set up compared to other mods, then? I can't wrap my head around any of this technical stuff...

He's full of shit.

FNIS not the problem?  Look at his nexus page.

May I bring to your attention the first line, "Mods supported by FNIS with patches".  His own patches.  He even made a patch for tktk1's Ultimate Combat.

Do you know why he won't help with the Elin idle even if it's just tips, advise, or suggestions?  Look at the comments.

post-64505-0-69379300-1474023286_thumb.png

...that mod has introduced these idles bypassing FNIS.  And I don't want to spend time for patching idles in a different way when it could easily be done using FNIS standard functionality.

Has he been drinking the kool-aid?  The Elin idle ALWAYS required FNIS and using both the Generator for Users and for Modders.

And I don't want to do it for a mod that I deeply despise.

And now you know why.

I'll find a solution or maybe kind-hearted person will provide a much better solution than the patch I uploaded.

i recently installed FNIS PCEA2 so i had to update to latest FNIS (6.3 from 5.5). haven't been looking so not sure if my Elin idle is busted (just idle, not dance idle). i'm not using the elin race, but i have the summon ring and new npcs. does the latest fnis break the idles for them as well, or just the player elin?

Someone mentioned getting the Elin idle works using PCEA2, but you have to use the main animation (swaying motion) and just use one of the animation files.

I have provided an IdleBehavior.hkx patch for the Elin dance idle, but not the ori isginal idle.  If you want to continue use the original, all you need to do is install the dance idle version then from the original idle mod, go to MESHES > ACTORS > CHARACTER > ANIMATIONS > ELINRACEIDLE and copy "CustomIdle_01_Base.hkx" and replace the same file from the dance idle.

Now make a copy of "CustomIdle_01_Base.hkx" and rename it "CustomIdle_02_Base.hkx" and use it to replace the same file file from the dance idle.  Do this 3 more times for "CustomIdle_03..., CustomIdle_04..., and CustomIdle_05...".

You should now have a working original Elin idle provided you did not forget to install the patch.

EDIT

I realized something.  Is Fores angry because the Elin idle adds custom animations for a specific race?  This, in a way, works like PCEA2 which affects only the player.  Is this what he means by "...that mod has introduced these idles bypassing FNIS"?  If so then the Elin idle was around long before PCEA2 (not sure if older than PCEA) and I reiterate, the Elin idle requires FNIS so he is really angry over nothing.

Edited by PsychoMachina

actually i've never had the dance anim. just the old swaying idle. and if i take just your IdleBehavior.hkx from the dance patch and overwrite the one fnis generates, then i get the elin sway back, and the booger pick, hands in ears and others...but then all my idles in PCEA2 don't work. the other anims do tho. walking, attack ect

so as of now it seems a choice between elin idles or pcea2 idles.

"Someone mentioned getting the Elin idle works using PCEA2, but you have to use the main animation (swaying motion) and just use one of the animation files."

-----------------

not sure how that'd work unless u gave all npcs the sway idle and then used pcea2 for just player idles. i'd rather not have soldiers swaying cutely lol

actually i've never had the dance anim. just the old swaying idle. and if i take just your IdleBehavior.hkx from the dance patch and overwrite the one fnis generates, then i get the elin sway back, and the booger pick, hands in ears and others...but then all my idles in PCEA2 don't work. the other anims do tho. walking, attack ect

so as of now it seems a choice between elin idles or pcea2 idles.

"Someone mentioned getting the Elin idle works using PCEA2, but you have to use the main animation (swaying motion) and just use one of the animation files."

-----------------

not sure how that'd work unless u gave all npcs the sway idle and then used pcea2 for just player idles. i'd rather not have soldiers swaying cutely lol

Do you only want your Elin pc to use the swaying animation?  Use PCEA2.

Do you want all Elins to use the swaying animations?  Use the Elin Idle + patch.

You can't use both.

Any chance to see this mod on Skyrim Special Edition?

Like I can just easily load up all required mods and this mod then it will work?

The race itself and addons should work.  SKSE, RM, ECE, and XPMSE are not really required.  However, I can't say if HDT-PE will work with Skyrim enhanced, but HDT is only required for the HDT ears/tails, hairs, and bodyslide bodies; the race is still playable without HDT.

So for a little bit more on the FNIS thing, seems Fore has reason to believe the idle mod requiring idlebehavior.hkx modifications makes it a mod that wasn't correctly set up to use FNIS:

No, it IS bypassing FNIS. I assume that using FNIS was only necessary to add the names of the dance animation files to defaultfemale.hkx/defaultmale.hkx. Because those files have always been modified by FNIS.

The behavior implementation for FNIS idle animations is in custom behavior files, created by the FNIS modder's tool. "That" mod however has its own behavior implementation, added to idlebehavior.hkx. And since FNIS 6.x has started functionality that require idlebehavior.hkx modifications, FNIS and elin have become incompatible.

Is what the mod aims to do achievable using standard FNIS functionality? Because if not we're really just up the creek here.

So for a little bit more on the FNIS thing, seems Fore has reason to believe the idle mod requiring idlebehavior.hkx modifications makes it a mod that wasn't correctly set up to use FNIS:

No, it IS bypassing FNIS. I assume that using FNIS was only necessary to add the names of the dance animation files to defaultfemale.hkx/defaultmale.hkx. Because those files have always been modified by FNIS.

The behavior implementation for FNIS idle animations is in custom behavior files, created by the FNIS modder's tool. "That" mod however has its own behavior implementation, added to idlebehavior.hkx. And since FNIS 6.x has started functionality that require idlebehavior.hkx modifications, FNIS and elin have become incompatible.

Is what the mod aims to do achievable using standard FNIS functionality? Because if not we're really just up the creek here.

The Elin idle is incompatible with fnis 6 just like those mods he made patches for and yet, he despises the Elin idle (or Elin mods in general).  So what is the part he is not telling us.

What exactly does he mean that the Elin idle adds it's own behavior implementation to idlebehavior.hkx?  Did he give details? 

The patch I provided was made using FNIS 5.3 (or was it 5.7, I'll have to check) so nothing "wrong" was done to modify that idlebehavior.hkx patch.

@Mud

Do you still want me to make the idle compatible with your followers?