{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

Thank you, but sometimes it feels like I'm just spinning my wheels and getting nowhere.

Haven't we all at some point :-/.  Though to be honest I removed all the race mods from my current game install, never played any of them, though I do have a elin character on my sse game, being mobbed by wolves that are bigger than the character can be fun, especially as there appears to be some for of stagger when attacked by bigger creatures.

Fallout 4 is the only one I don't play as an Elin simply because they have not be converted over.  I'm not done with what needs to be done with Skyrim:  bug fixes, Elin Reaper, new ears, tails, and hairs, armors, the Lyn race, and now I'm being nagged by the idea of a version of Elins that look more human, albeit with a touch of anime, appearance (maximum compatibility with mods for skin textures, eye textures, custom tintmasks, and hairs to name a few).

Spinning those wheels....

is a fix for the unique Elin idle versus FNIS still being sought? i've got like 4 mods that require the latest FNIS so can't simply replace the fnis generated idlebehavior.hkx with this patch

I suppose I can have a go at it again.

You need to manually replace the idlebehavior.hkx after you ran FNIS with the same file from the patch. At least thats how I do it.

Is there anyway to get the jumping and running animations from the original Elin? I use the Elin1 mod (non sse)

Mookeylama is referring to using FNIS for other animation mods that results in creating an idlebevior file.  Installing the patch afterwards can 'break' the other animations.

Are you referring to the animations from the Tera game or the older Elin mod?

If from the Tera game, I don't know, I'm not an animator, but I think there is a tool to allow converting animations from other games to Skyrim.

If you mean the animations from the older version of the Elins, the only animations that comes to mind would be the ones included with the CBBE/UNP Elin body replacer mod.

I tried to replace the skin texture for Elin, but apparently the head texture can't be replace by any method. Is this intended or I made a mistake somewhere? 

I could figure out the folders for body textures, but not for the head.

FYI, these files are in the 7z that I downloaded: (all ended in .dds)

femalebody_1
femalebody_1_msn

femalebody_1_s

femalebody_1_sk

femalehands_1

femalehands_1_msn

femalehands_1_s

femalehands_1_sk

femalehead

femalehead_msn

femalehead_s

femalehead_sk

Thank you.

I tried to replace the skin texture for Elin, but apparently the head texture can't be replace by any method. Is this intended or I made a mistake somewhere? 

femalebody_1

femalebody_1_msn

femalebody_1_s

femalebody_1_sk

femalehands_1

femalehands_1_msn

femalehands_1_s

femalehands_1_sk

femalehead

femalehead_msn

femalehead_s

femalehead_sk

Thank you.

What 7z file did you install?

I'm guessing you even tried installing the files manually.

femalebody_1

femalebody_1_msn

femalebody_1_s

femalebody_1_sk

femalehands_1

femalehands_1_msn

femalehands_1_s

femalehands_1_sk

femalehead

femalehead_msn

femalehead_s

femalehead_sk

Thank you.

It's not from one of the skins you've provided, its another skin texture I found somewhere else and decided to give it a shot. It was called UNP creamy from here: http://mod.dysintropi.me/eiries-and-honeyvanity/

femalebody_1

femalebody_1_msn

femalebody_1_s

femalebody_1_sk

femalehands_1

femalehands_1_msn

femalehands_1_s

femalehands_1_sk

femalehead

femalehead_msn

femalehead_s

femalehead_sk

Thank you.

It's not from one of the skins you've provided, its another skin texture I found somewhere else and decided to give it a shot. It was called UNP creamy from here: http://mod.dysintropi.me/eiries-and-honeyvanity/

The head textures will never work.  There are 2 factors to take into consideration:

1. The UNP Creamy textures are for human races and the head textures will not 'fit' an Elin because she uses a custom head mesh.
  2. The Elin uses their own folder structure so anything installed for vanilla Skyrim races will not work as-is with the Elins.  For the Elin head textures, the default folder path is 'TEXTURES > ACTORS > 2chELIN FIX' whlle the replacers from the Elin CBBE/UNP mod is located in 'TEXTURES > ACTORS > 2chELIN FIX > MONLI > FACE'.

femalebody_1

femalebody_1_msn

femalebody_1_s

femalebody_1_sk

femalehands_1

femalehands_1_msn

femalehands_1_s

femalehands_1_sk

femalehead

femalehead_msn

femalehead_s

femalehead_sk

Thank you.

The head textures will never work.  There are 2 factors to take into consideration:

1. The UNP Creamy textures are for human races and the head textures will not 'fit' an Elin because she uses a custom head mesh.
  2. The Elin uses their own folder structure so anything installed for vanilla Skyrim races will not work as-is with the Elins.  For the Elin head textures, the default folder path is 'TEXTURES > ACTORS > 2chELIN FIX' whlle the replacers from the Elin CBBE/UNP mod is located in 'TEXTURES > ACTORS > 2chELIN FIX > MONLI > FACE'.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense now. Guess I'll stick with the original textures then. Thank you for you work btw, and I hope I can see Elins wondering around in the wasteland soon™ ;P

Thank you, but sometimes it feels like I'm just spinning my wheels and getting nowhere.

Haven't we all at some point :-/.  Though to be honest I removed all the race mods from my current game install, never played any of them, though I do have a elin character on my sse game, being mobbed by wolves that are bigger than the character can be fun, especially as there appears to be some for of stagger when attacked by bigger creatures.

Fallout 4 is the only one I don't play as an Elin simply because they have not be converted over.  I'm not done with what needs to be done with Skyrim:  bug fixes, Elin Reaper, new ears, tails, and hairs, armors, the Lyn race, and now I'm being nagged by the idea of a version of Elins that look more human, albeit with a touch of anime, appearance (maximum compatibility with mods for skin textures, eye textures, custom tintmasks, and hairs to name a few).

Spinning those wheels....

is a fix for the unique Elin idle versus FNIS still being sought? i've got like 4 mods that require the latest FNIS so can't simply replace the fnis generated idlebehavior.hkx with this patch

I suppose I can have a go at it again.

You need to manually replace the idlebehavior.hkx after you ran FNIS with the same file from the patch. At least thats how I do it.

Is there anyway to get the jumping and running animations from the original Elin? I use the Elin1 mod (non sse)

Mookeylama is referring to using FNIS for other animation mods that results in creating an idlebevior file.  Installing the patch afterwards can 'break' the other animations.

that would be great! thank you

came across this...

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68794/?

describes adding spine twist behavior to fnis and PCEA2 generated behavior files. maybe idle behaviors could be edited the same way

Hmm ... Im try to instal only main pack + unp body, I have ECE and XPMS but my game always crashes on startup (after Bethesdata logo ). Can anyone help ?

And I ran LOOT, It did not showed any errors ...

Newermind me. I fixed the problem )). But I have 1 question : can I somehow modify bodyparts size in ECE ? ( Brests and Butt sizes)

Also, can someone throw me an old elin voice addition (the one with three variations, including skyrim's modied voice). Want my Elin to sound more ... skyrimsh.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a question about the NewBody Custom Textures. When installing it (Through Nexus Mod Manager), it wants me to select a texture for them. The textures are all nude though, is this supposed to be the case? If I select one, will my character be nude if I take everything off, or will she have underwear. (Also, if she does have underwear, why are all the textures to choose from nude when installing?)

I have a question about the NewBody Custom Textures. When installing it (Through Nexus Mod Manager), it wants me to select a texture for them. The textures are all nude though, is this supposed to be the case? If I select one, will my character be nude if I take everything off, or will she have underwear. (Also, if she does have underwear, why are all the textures to choose from nude when installing?)

All of the New Body (CBBE/UNP) textures are nude.  The original Elin body (default) is non-nude.  If you want a non-nude CBBE or UNP Elin body, use the Elin bodyslide presets to create non-nude body meshes which will cover-up the nude textures.

When creating the the non-nude meshes, be sure to hold down the CTRL key as you cilck on the BUILD button so that the meshes are saved in the same folder as the bodyslide executable.  Now move the meshes to where the Elin New Body meshes are located and overwrite. 

The folder path for the New Body meshes would be, MESHES > ACTORS > 2chElin BBP BODY FIX.

All of the New Body (CBBE/UNP) textures are nude.  The original Elin body (default) is non-nude.  If you want a non-nude CBBE or UNP Elin body, use the Elin bodyslide presets to create non-nude body meshes which will cover-up the nude textures.

When creating the the non-nude meshes, be sure to hold down the CTRL key as you cilck on the BUILD button so that the meshes are saved in the same folder as the bodyslide executable.  Now move the meshes to where the Elin New Body meshes are located and overwrite. 

The folder path for the New Body meshes would be, MESHES > ACTORS > 2chElin BBP BODY FIX.

I've tried the different textures, and none of them seem to be nude. For them to be nude, do I have to use the Bodyslide Elin presets? How would I get the default Custom one to be nude, as I don't like the tans/sunburns?

Also, thanks for your hard work on this mod!

I've tried the different textures, and none of them seem to be nude. For them to be nude, do I have to use the Bodyslide Elin presets? How would I get the default Custom one to be nude, as I don't like the tans/sunburns?

Also, thanks for your hard work on this mod!

The textures and meshes from the New Body mod are nude, there are no non-nude options.  The default Elin body, which is neither CBBE nor UNP, is installed with the MAIN race files.  The textures from New Body will NOT work on the default Elin body.

If you want to use the (nude) textures from the New Body mod, but with a non-nude body then use the Elin bodyslide preset to create non-nude body meshes.

Not sure if it's appropriate to post this here but...

Are you planning on converting some of the Oblivion Elin armors such as these : 

Pt9migfr.jpg

Site : https://welcometohawkhaven.jimdo.com/armors/

I have tried for hours doing it myself but i ended up in massive explosions and nightmare fuel...

(Btw i rarely post on forums so idk how to appropriately post stuff)

I have the Elin armors from Tera.  If those armors are included (I have not looked through all of the files) then they will be ported to Skyrim.

Your post is fine so no worries.

Pt9migfr.jpg

I have tried for hours doing it myself but i ended up in massive explosions and nightmare fuel...

I have the Elin armors from Tera.  If those armors are included (I have not looked through all of the files) then they will be ported to Skyrim.

Ah i see thanks please do so.

And also can you link me any other place to download Elin armors for Skyrim that is not related to your original thread and the fox armor pack (i know some of the armors are elin stuff) ?

I just installed the new bodies mod (starting a new game for it), and now my character has no textures for her body. The neck and up looks correct, but below that is just white. I'm not quite sure what's causing this, as I would think that if there was a missing texture the game would crash? I'm assuming I misread some instructions somewhere, but I'm not quite sure what I could have done to cause this.

Pt9migfr.jpg

And also can you link me any other place to download Elin armors for Skyrim that is not related to your original thread and the fox armor pack (i know some of the armors are elin stuff) ?

I don't know of any other Elin armors other than the ones you mentioned.

I just installed the new bodies mod (starting a new game for it), and now my character has no textures for her body. The neck and up looks correct, but below that is just white. I'm not quite sure what's causing this, as I would think that if there was a missing texture the game would crash? I'm assuming I misread some instructions somewhere, but I'm not quite sure what I could have done to cause this.

Did you try reinstalling the mod?

Pt9migfr.jpg

I don't know of any other Elin armors other than the ones you mentioned.

Yes I did, and it made things...worse. My head has no textures now (not even the hair), and I'm missing my eyeballs. Moreover, my hands and a bit of my arms are now completely missing. It looked like I had some textures for my body, but taking my prisoner's clothes off to check turns me into an invisible floating textureless head.

I'm using Nexus Mod Manager to handle everything, so maybe I'm installing in the wrong order or not allowing the correct files to be overwritten?

I did Elin Main -> newBody -> newBody custom CBBE textures -> elin voice -> both followers (mage + other) -> converted vanilla sets and maid. I have very little other mods installed and Nexus Mod Manager never complained, so I don't think they're interfering.

<snip>

Yes I did, and it made things...worse. My head has no textures now (not even the hair), and I'm missing my eyeballs. Moreover, my hands and a bit of my arms are now completely missing. It looked like I had some textures for my body, but taking my prisoner's clothes off to check turns me into an invisible floating textureless head.

I'm using Nexus Mod Manager to handle everything, so maybe I'm installing in the wrong order or not allowing the correct files to be overwritten?

I did Elin Main -> newBody -> newBody custom CBBE textures -> elin voice -> both followers (mage + other) -> converted vanilla sets and maid. I have very little other mods installed and Nexus Mod Manager never complained, so I don't think they're interfering.

You only had to reinstall the New Body mod.  It would appear that you are having issues with NMM.  I can not help you with that as I use MO.

What you can do is uninstall all of the Elin mods then do the following:

1. Reinstall the main package + Elin Voice update + Converted Vanilla sets and Maid outfit.  The default Elin body that is installed with the main pack is compatible with the Converted Vanilla sets and Maid outfit.  The outfits are not compatible with CBBE and UNP; you can wear them, but there will be seams/gaps at the neck, wrists, and ankles.
  2. Check for any errors such as, missing textures (what you were originally experiencing), missing face parts, hairs, etc.  If there are any errors, reinstall again (without uninstalling).  If no luck then you will need to copy the contents of the main package and paste them where NMM installed the folders and files.  Allow overwriting.

NOTE

The prisoner rags, as well as other vanilla armors, use the vanilla body so your Elin will have gaps at the neck, wrists, and ankles.  The same also applies to custom-made armors for CBBE, UNP, and other custom bodies.  The default Elin body is vastly different.

If you want to install the Elin New Body mod then follow the procedure of installation, check for errors in-game, reinstall or manual install if necessary.

Now check your load order.  Move the plugin, that is installed from the New Body mod, below the other Elin plugins, especially the followers (they can overwrite the Elin CBBE/UNP body).

NOTE

The New Body mod installs a plugin depending on whether you choose CBBE or UNP.  In other words, each have their own plugin, but they will have different names.

The type of error you experience indicates whether the problem is a botched installation or load order issue:

• Problems with missing textures or meshes?  Oddly rendered textures?  Installation error.
  • Default body showing instead of the CBBE/UNP Elin body?  Load order needs adjusting.

um, this is a really weird question but,

well I found a few Elin Followers long time ago, then I fiddled with plenty of mods, adding more or putting some off

and I left them off for a while and when I turn them back on, I get CTDs when I entered in the same block as them

so actually I think I found the problem, which is "could not find HDT earboneMleft and right"

But I have no idea where the heck this is from, most of my other elin followers have no problem whatsoever

I really have no idea what mod includes this and the followers used to work....

http://imgur.com/GNv5hQH

post-1270628-0-69062500-1491528221_thumb.png

well I found a few Elin Followers long time ago, then I fiddled with plenty of mods, adding more or putting some off

and I left them off for a while and when I turn them back on, I get CTDs when I entered in the same block as them

so actually I think I found the problem, which is "could not find HDT earboneMleft and right"

But I have no idea where the heck this is from, most of my other elin followers have no problem whatsoever

I need more information such as,

what followers are you using (you mention you found some Elin followers long time ago)?

did you try to give them the HDT ears and tails (the warning message can indicate that; doing so will cause problems)?

did you use the Fix Kit I provided (located with the other Elin mods) that allows you to give them the non-HDT ears/tails when creating the facegens?

what other modifications did you do to the followers?

if you don't mind, can you send me the unmodified followers so that I can have a look?

The only reason for the error, that comes to mind, is assigning them the HDT ears/tails since HDT has issues when used on NPCs.

what followers are you using (you mention you found some Elin followers long time ago)?

did you try to give them the HDT ears and tails (the warning message can indicate that; doing so will cause problems)?

did you use the Fix Kit I provided (located with the other Elin mods) that allows you to give them the non-HDT ears/tails when creating the facegens?

if you don't mind, can you send me the unmodified followers so that I can have a look?

The only reason for the error, that comes to mind, is assigning them the HDT ears/tails since HDT has issues when used on NPCs.

Ok here it is,

but let me correct myself,

this is not a follower mod but a well made replacer that replaces dwarven bots into custom Elins

https://mega.nz/#!E5NwEbTT!amijCSFhCIiiDWgtQB9acCaP73qwuRVMVZ1E3EBeX04

Though I think you got the point of the non-HDT tails

I'll try the non-HDT tails tonight from modders creation kit file

Ok here it is,

but let me correct myself,

this is not a follower mod but a well made replacer that replaces dwarven bots into custom Elins

https://mega.nz/#!E5NwEbTT!amijCSFhCIiiDWgtQB9acCaP73qwuRVMVZ1E3EBeX04

Though I think you got the point of the non-HDT tails

I'll try the non-HDT tails tonight from modders creation kit file

Thank you.  The mod looks interesting and that is just from looking at the files, I don't have the time to play Skyrim so I don't know how it will look in the game.

It does replace some of the Dwemer constructs with Elin-Dwemers, but there are no facegen files which is, I'm guessing, why you had the HDT errors when creating the facegens.  Yes, use the non-HDT ears/tails and the low-res tintmasks (to fix the red forehead bug) from the Elin Construction Kit Fix to fix the errors then, when done, add back the HDT ears/tails and hi-res tintmasks for your own Elin character.