{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

MINOR UPDATE - Updated the Recommendation List in the First Post.

Added the link to HDT Sitting Height Fix which fixes the problem with the Elins clipping into chairs, benches, and any surface the game allows NPCs to sit upon.

I'm not going to fix the scaling up/down when the Elins use certain beds, forges, and crafting tables.  In fact, I'll likely add the 'racetoscale' marker to any beds and bedrolls that did not originally have them to prevent clipping.

If anyone does not mind their Elins remaining small when using crafting tables and workbenches then let me know and I'll make my own version of Size Does Matter which removes the marker only from forges, workbenches, and crafting tables.

How far are you with the castanic race?

Not that far.  I had to do the race from scratch then decided to add playable Castanic children.  During which I started porting the male and female Castanic hairs, but most of the hairs are comprised of multiple pieces making it a challenge to fit the Skyrim head.  Of course all was put on hold to make the updates for the Elins.

I'm going to port the hairs very last because if I decide to keep all pieces of the hairs (which looks far better than if they were left out) it will take some time.

I promise you this, I should have something by the end of this month and I'll send them to you to try out before I publicly release them as a way of thanking you for being patient.  So keep an eye on the pm notification.

MINOR UPDATE - Racial Compatibility Patcher by Himika Updated for Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Editiion Patch.

The Patcher from Himika's Racial Compatibility mod was still referencing records from the old Unofficial Skyrim Patch.  I have updated the patcher to now reference the records from the Unofficial Skyrim Legendary Edition Patch (USLEEP).

Use only if you have both of these mods installed:

1)  USLEEP.

2)  Racial Compatibility by Himika.  The Elin race includes the main Racial Compatibility files.

Manual install only.  Extract the file and copy the plugin to where you have the Elin main files installed.

Load Order

Keep the patcher plugin below the USLEEP plugin.

How far are you with the castanic race?

Not that far.  I had to do the race from scratch then decided to add playable Castanic children.  During which I started porting the male and female Castanic hairs, but most of the hairs are comprised of multiple pieces making it a challenge to fit the Skyrim head.  Of course all was put on hold to make the updates for the Elins.

I'm going to port the hairs very last because if I decide to keep all pieces of the hairs (which looks far better than if they were left out) it will take some time.

I promise you this, I should have something by the end of this month and I'll send them to you to try out before I publicly release them as a way of thanking you for being patient.  So keep an eye on the pm notification.

No hassle :) Its already appreciated that you do this hard work anyway.

I'd be glad to help, even though I wont be having much time next month since im not home. But if I can, I'll try! Thank you!

I have a texture problem. No matter what I do, the skin of the body never matches the skin of the head. I removed the whole mod and did again. Also, whenever I move around a light source, the body has wierd lighting effects from too dark and too bright depending which is facing said source.

The head textures are originally meant to match the default Elin body.  When the CBBE and UNP bodies were added only the necks (textures) were touched up to try to blend with the bodies.  For a better match, I would need to create all new textures specifically for CBBE or UNP.

Have you tried the complexion slider to find a reasonable match?

Can you provide some screenshots of the lighting oddities you are experiencing?

Did someone actually convert all vanilla armors for elin race?

Only some vanilla armors and they are for the default body (Tera Elin body).

post-64505-0-36468800-1455368949_thumb.jpg

The file is available from the LL downloader just look for the file, 'Armor_TeraBody_ConvertedVanillaSets.7z'.

They are also included in Fox Merged 2.

You can also use Bodyslide + my CBBE/UUNP bodyslide presets and conversion templates + any bodyslide vanilla armor presets (example: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/57328/?).

• 3 weeks later...

Which CBBE body?  From the Elin New Body (CBBE/UNP) replacer pack or the Bodyslide created body?

If it's the body replacer pack, you should have a new (CBBE) plugin, 'ElinRace - Use Monli custom BBP Body.esp'.  If it's not installed or activated then the Elins will not use the CBBE body.

If you are using a bodyslide created Elin body, you will still need to install the Elin-CBBE body pack and make sure the plugin I mentioned is installed and activated.  Copy the new meshes and replace the original Elin CBBE meshes in the Elin race folder.

Which CBBE body?  From the Elin New Body (CBBE/UNP) replacer pack or the Bodyslide created body?

If it's the body replacer pack, you should have a new (CBBE) plugin, 'ElinRace - Use Monli custom BBP Body.esp'.  If it's not installed or activated then the Elins will not use the CBBE body.

If you are using a bodyslide created Elin body, you will still need to install the Elin-CBBE body pack and make sure the plugin I mentioned is installed and activated.  Copy the new meshes and replace the original Elin CBBE meshes in the Elin race folder.

I found that out yesterday, I had to install the core body files for the mod which was found here. But thanks for the advice. xD 

Edit: Does this mod work with the HDT hair physics? I am just wondering about it.

<snip>

Edit: Does this mod work with the HDT hair physics? I am just wondering about it.

From the OP,

OPTIONS - Elin Addons - Offsite Links

ABOUT

Spoiler
Some files are larger than the 100mb size limit imposed by LoversLab. These files can be downloaded from my Mega account. The links are provided in a text file which is more convenient to update.

The links are for the following Elin addons:

Hair Packs (choose one normal hair pack and one HDT hair pack)

- All-in-One hair pack (BSA version).

- All-in-One hair pack (loose files version).

- All-in-One HDT hair pack (BSA version).

- All-in-One HDT hair pack (loose files version).

<snip>

/Spoiler

ELIN FILES

File: Elin-mods-mega-links-update-2016Feb01.txt

If anyone is interested, I'm better than half-way done with the Castanics.  Found a way to make beards selectable separately from the horns.  I need to create the race Powers and Abilities, maybe a race Spell, fix any errors caused by CK and they should be ready for their initial release.

post-64505-0-41536700-1457230035_thumb.jpgpost-64505-0-77999800-1457230050_thumb.jpg

Got this as a result. Elin meganekko.

Base mod is Imo Megane on Nexus. All I did is some resizing and moving in Outfit Studio. May can also be done in NifSkope? I'm not sure.

Very cute.  I never thought of using Outfit Studio to make accessories fit the Elin head.  Personally, I use Blender, but Outfit Studio is easier to use for the average person.

Yep, Outfit Studio is the best thing. I've used it to adjust various ribbon accessories to sit properly on my Elins for a while now, latest of which is the HDT Wa Ribbons, and it is just the cutest goddamn thing. I've tried to wrap my head around stuff like Blender a few times and only wound up with frustrated confusion.

Sadly, the HDT ribbon's strings get kinda twitchy when framerate's inconsistent, and seeing as I've fallen in love with AIR ENB, which is quite taxing, that happens frequently.

Hi,

I'm curious if you recreated the base Elin head shape from scratch in a modelling studio or you somehow managed to port the meshes from Tera itself. I'm asking because I'd very much like to see some Elins with another base head shape from Tera then the one you picked as a template. I don't remember the index in the Tera face sliders, but it's this one. 

jDFHTko.jpg

I'm really bad with showracemenu sliders, so if it's possible to tweak current head with existing sliders to be similar to this one, I'd appreciate the jslot file from anyone who's profficient enough to do that  :mellow:

Also, amazing mod  :heart: Thanks 

Hi,

I'm curious if you recreated the base Elin head shape from scratch in a modelling studio or you somehow managed to port the meshes from Tera itself. I'm asking because I'd very much like to see some Elins with another base head shape from Tera then the one you picked as a template. I don't remember the index in the Tera face sliders, but it's this one. 

jDFHTko.jpg

I'm really bad with showracemenu sliders, so if it's possible to tweak current head with existing sliders to be similar to this one, I'd appreciate the jslot file from anyone who's profficient enough to do that  :mellow:

Also, amazing mod  :heart: Thanks 

This is possible with morphs.  After I upload the Castanic race (this week), I'll look at what morphs can be added to the existing head mesh.

• 2 weeks later...

So I redid my entire game and have been putting all the Elin stuff back in.  (VERY sad the idle animations no longer work, tried frankensteining an old version of FNIS in, but it wouldn't load animations with the generation tool, just gave an error saying my version of FNIS was out of date.).  But Im desperately trying to get my Yi Ka back :(   I have the old Elin Followers pack still, but no matter where in my load order I put it, I CTD on game load (Game runs fine again when I uninstall the follower pack).  Im guessing it's a skeleton issue, since before I wasn't using XPMS or any of its prerequisite mods.  But I was wondering if you had any ideas of how to rig it into working? For now Im making do with the Neptunia followers.

Could be the masters for the old pack are no longer there. I don't think skeletons should ever cause a crash on load, at worst they'd crash you when the followers using the bad skeleton get close enough to load.