{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

Ive been checking back on this thread every few weeks, and I just installed everything, the FNIS patch works perfectly, Yi Ka is back, My game isnt crashing, and Im the happiest person in the world.   Thanks Psycho, you're awesome.   Time to start a fresh game.

But as a last request, Do you know of a way to replace Yi Ka's dialogue with Japanese audio instead?  Or would that be a giant pain

Thank you, Poptya.

I might have a mod that uses Japanese dialogue for followers, but not sure if it's complete or if I can find it.  Other than that, I would need someone to send me the JP voice files.

If I don't have Yi Ka's voice replacer uploaded anytime soon then take that as meaning I don't have the voice files.

UPDATE - Elin All-in-One Hairpack v2.0

These are the non-HDT hairs.

Contains alternative head and hair morphs to fix the hairs clipping into the head.  However, certain hairs will still have some degree of clipping around the ears (side of the head).

Uninstall version 1.0 of the hairpack (loose or BSA) before installing v2.0.

The file size is close to 1GB so I added the download link to a TEXT file containing the Elin mods too large to upload to LoversLab.  The TEXT file can be downloaded from the LL download manager where the Elin race main pack is located.

FILE:  Elin-mods-mega-links-update-2016Nov15.txt

So I'm getting a new issue with skin-tone, where Elin heads are normal, but the rest of their body is super fake-tan looking.    Of course my first thought to fix it is to mess with the new-body mod, but no combination of options have any effect whatsoever.  Disabling the new-body mod fixes the problem, but Id rather not have to resort to that.  Oddly it doesnt seem to be happening to my pc, only NPC's and followers.  I made sure new-body mod was loading last in the plugins list.  Any other ideas?

Upon more looking around Im seeing different incorrect skin-tones for heads, of all different shades, only on Elins though

More testing, the new-body mod textures seem to be applying correctly to everything except the head

post-663229-0-34655600-1479349776_thumb.jpg

post-663229-0-68475300-1479349777_thumb.jpg

So I'm getting a new issue with skin-tone, where Elin heads are normal, but the rest of their body is super fake-tan looking.    Of course my first thought to fix it is to mess with the new-body mod, but no combination of options have any effect whatsoever.  Disabling the new-body mod fixes the problem, but Id rather not have to resort to that.  Oddly it doesnt seem to be happening to my pc, only NPC's and followers.  I made sure new-body mod was loading last in the plugins list.  Any other ideas?

Upon more looking around Im seeing different incorrect skin-tones for heads, of all different shades, only on Elins though

More testing, the new-body mod textures seem to be applying correctly to everything except the head

The head textures do not perfectly match the body textures.  I'll have to create head textures for some of the popular texture replacers.

Out of curiosity, did you try the textures from the CBBE or UNP Elin texture packs?  Also the problem could be the Blank Detail map and/or the scar textures.  Like the human races, the Blank Detail map has the possibility to lighten or darken the head compared to the body.  Then there are the normal maps.

Mila Valentia has the dark head bug.  This happens if using the original ElinRaceTaint.esm from the main pack.  You need to overwrite it with the ElinRaceTaint.esm from the Elin NPC and Enemy Complete mod.  Manual install and overwrite if necessary.

I tried all the texture options in the included screenshot.

Im not sure what a Blank Detail Map is, but I dont remember this happening before

EDIT:  Just tried the CBBE texture replacer mod from the main download list, no change

EDIT2:  Reinstalling Elin NPC and overwriting Elinracetaint with the one from NPC didnt fix Mila either

post-663229-0-74095300-1479353185_thumb.png

So the problems you are experiencing are recent?  "One day they all look fine, next day this happens" type of mystery?

Did you install or uninstall anything else or fiddled with anything prior to the problem happening?

Are you using NMM?  You might need to install the files manually.

The body textures pack requires installing both '000 Core' for CBBE or UNP + one of the associated texture options.

Try this, if it fixes the problems then the cause is NMM.

Well the only addons Ive installed since I last played are:

Relationship Dialogue Overhaul

Potions Replacer

The Ordinary Women

plus the FNIS patch and yi ka/mi ya

Ive tried disabling all of them, and then reinstalling the elin npc/newbody/newbodytextures addons, no luck.

I went back into my old screenshots and while I can notice the slight texture difference between head and body that you were talking about, it was nowhere near as pronounced.

I just manually installed NPC and Enemy Elins, overwriting everything, no fix.  Then I went in and manually deleted ElinRacetaint, and then made sure I put in the one from the NPC mod, Mila still has a dark head.   Im starting to wonder if she's got the same problem as the rest rather than the usual dark head bug.

EDIT: Braith dark head as well

EDIT:  Looking at the body really closely, it almost looks low res/poly.  Maybe there's some kind of loading issue with the newbody mod?

As a comparison I included a pic of my player character's neckline.  You can still see a slight difference, but it doesnt look like a parsnip sticking out of a pumpkin like on all the other Elins

post-663229-0-40960400-1479432225_thumb.jpg

post-663229-0-00592700-1479436801_thumb.jpg

Braith, is her hair the twin-tail Elin hair or the side pony tail like Mila?

Are you using any mod that modifies NPCs?  Sometimes it's not that obvious, for example, I use an ENB and with that patches made by Mindflux.  One of those patches adds new facegens for some of the NPCs.  This can overwrite the facegen from the Elin NPC and Enemy mod.

Yi Ka is wearing the outfit used by the summon Elins so the body model attached to the outfit it will look 'different' especially compared to the Elin body or CBBE/UNP bodies.  Maybe changing the Emission Strength of the armor's body mesh to lighten it a touch should reduce the tint difference.

If Braith has the twin-tail hairs then the correct ElinRaceTaint file is being used.  Have you tried uninstalling everything then installing only the Elin mods?

If using only the Elin mods and the dark head disappears then it's definitely a mod conflict.

If the dark head returns then I'm out of ideas.

I'll try to fix the texture mismatch, but my job will be keeping me extra busy until Christmas so I won't have anything available until early next year.  If I don't respond within a reasonable time period or upload anything for awhile you now know why.

Ya no problem at all man, I respect that any work you do in helping us out is in your free time, I would hope no one ever expects anything like they're a customer lol.

I doubt Ill go through the trouble to verify mod conflict, simpy because I run almost a hundred visual mods.  I might tinker around disabling a few suspects, but if two random little girls have dark faces it's not the end of the world.  Ill throw an outfit on Yi Ka that has a collar so I dont notice in the meantime :P

Thanks for all your help

Well, I checked my game and Mila and Braith do not have dark faces.  I did not check Yi ka, but I did equip the same outfit on my own character.

Screenshot_Elin.jpg

The face and body pretty much matches though not perfectly.

The one difference between your Elin and mine is that my Elin is using the default Elin body and textures.  Try that, uninstall the custom CBBE/UNP Elin body and textures and use the default body and textures.  They should automatically appear once  you uninstall the body replacer.

• 2 weeks later...

How difficult might it be to have the random Elin NPCs and Enemies spawn with a randomized available hairstyle and appearance, based on what the user has installed?

Regarding equipment, the only method that comes to mind would be to use a patcher that takes the armor/weapon/equipment mods and addes them to a newly created leveled list (plugin).  I think something like this already exists.

As for hairs and hairpacks, that would be impossible because adding or changing anything that alters the current facegen (this includes hairs) would require creating a new facegen.  The only solution is to convert the hairs to wigs, but this is a time-consuming task considering the sheer amount of custom hairs that are available.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Machina I've installed the cbbe body replacer for the elin but it still shows the regular body, prior to the elin mod I have cbbe already installed I installed the main elin mod file before the installing the elin cbbe replacer is there anything I missed?

The Elin CBBE/UNP body replacers have their own plugins.  For CBBE that would be "ElinRace - Use Monli custom BBP Body.esp" so make sure you see this in your load order.  If you have the Elin NPCs, Enemies, and Followers installed, move the Elin CBBE plugin after the Elin NPC and Enemy and/or Followers plugins or else they will override the body replacer with the default body.

Are you using NMM or MO?  NMM can have issues with installation, MO, so far, works fine.  If it comes down to it, you will need to do a manual installation of the body replacer files.  You do not have to uninstall the mod, just copy the contents (Meshes and Texture folders) of the following folders:

• 00 CBBE Core
  • 01 body CBBE (BBP, Slim, or TBBP)(pick one)
  • 02 textures CBBE (Fairskin, Normal, Sunburn Bikini)(pick one)

Paste them where you have the mod installed and allow overwriting of any files.  The Elin CBBE uses it's own folder path so it will not overwrite Caliente's CBBE files.

• 4 weeks later...

I have been asked by a few people if the Elins will be available for Skyrim SE.  The answer is, YES.

They will be ready sometime next week.  Currently I'm updating the Elin voices to include the DLC dragon shouts and redoing the All-in-One hair pack (removing incompatible hairs and adding new hairs).  The DLC additions will be ready much later as I'm going to add Castanics to the Lakeview Manor Extended mod and change the adoptable boys to Castanics (the adoptable girls will be still be Elins).  This means making the Castanics compatible with SSE.

Other changes will be the summon ring will be the Mayhem Edition and, thanks to TDA, the Elin mage trainer, at College of Winterhold, will no longer cause mayhem with her spells.

Serana may or may not be an Elin Reaper, won't know until I port the Reaper along with her outfits.

UPDATE - Elin Voice Complete v1.0

Optional update for the Elin voice mod included with the main race packages.  Elin Voice Complete includes all dragon shouts from Dragonborn and Dawnguard as well as the original combat voices and Skyrim dragon shouts.

When installing EVC, allow the overwriting of the original Elin voice files.

Requirements

• Elin Main Pack
  • Dragonborn
  • Dawnguard

IMPORTANT

I'm currently working on the Elin mods for Skyrim SE.  I have not tested Elin Voice Complete.  The combat voices and Skyrim dragon shouts definitely work, but I have not tested the functionality of the Dragonborn and Dawnguard Elin voices.

I need to know if the voices work so if anyone can let me know anytime soon, I would appreciate the help.

Very happy for the update and SE support, thanks a lot!

Just one question. Maybe more in general than topic related.

Is there a quick and nasty way to insert my converted armors into your elin armor esp (or do a new one, doesnt matter)? I just want to have a seperate elin converted vanilla set but I never fiddled around with having custom armor and esp stuff. I always only replaced original armor but I dont want to share same armor between all classes.

Is there a quick and nasty way to insert my converted armors into your elin armor esp (or do a new one, doesnt matter)? I just want to have a seperate elin converted vanilla set but I never fiddled around with having custom armor and esp stuff. I always only replaced original armor but I dont want to share same armor between all classes.

You can create an armor pack using TES5edit and Automation Tools (scripts) for TES5edit.  Automation Tools contains a script called 'Armor Mod Builder' which creates a plugin and adds all the necessary records.  You set the values for the armor pieces, smithing recipes, and the path to your armor meshes and textures.

As far as I know, this is the only 'easy' method of creating an armor mod that adds new armors.

You can create an armor pack using TES5edit and Automation Tools (scripts) for TES5edit.  Automation Tools contains a script called 'Armor Mod Builder' which creates a plugin and adds all the necessary records.  You set the values for the armor pieces, smithing recipes, and the path to your armor meshes and textures.

As far as I know, this is the only 'easy' method of creating an armor mod that adds new armors.

Thanks a lot for the quick answer, Ill be digging into that tomorrow

Thanks a lot for the quick answer, Ill be digging into that tomorrow

Glad to help.  Let me know how it works out.

• 1 month later...