{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

Absolutely love this race and the addons. The only thing that kinda sucks is that they have zero face animations and none of the standard animations seem to work (other then blinking).

You actually need blender skills to create tri's for them and I know absolutely nobody that has any skill with blender whatsoever haha.

They do have morphs for facial animations, but not all works for reasons I do not know.  Happy, Angry, and Afraid are the only anims I have seen working even though they are not consistent.

If you are referring to the face expression sliders from ECE or RM, again, I do not know why all are not functional.  ECE and RM have their shortcomings so I have become accustomed to not having everything work with the Elins.

Well, I was mainly talking about in game emotions. They obviously don't respond to the female facial animation packs because that isn't supported but I've been playing with an Elin for a few days now and its always the same straight face.

I was talking to someone a while ago and he mentioned that it would require work in Blender to actually make some custom animations since they don't function the same way as "normal custom races" do.

The last time I touched blender was forever ago so for me it was like "sure, sure" but lol I haven't the foggiest.

Would be cool to see them with an animated face though, is it lots of work? Yes. Will people use the templates to port sexual facial animations? Can't be avoided. But still, would be very cool.

Maybe there is more to it than create the OBJ for each part of the facial expression, use the same naming scheme the game uses for the vanilla faces, and pack those OBJ into a TRI then add them to the race's headparts.  I guess it's not as easy as creating a new body (mesh), name it to what the game uses, and place it where the game looks for the meshes or tell the game where to find the custom body via CK.

Anatomically they are the same, but the animations for the vanilla race face will not exactly work with a totally custom head.  The Skyrim races all use the same head mesh, it's the race morphs that make them look different.  As long as the different face parts are based on that base head mesh than the animations will work, at least that is my understanding.

Hey PsychoMachina,

I got a little problem. I guess this is not how your mod is supposed to look like or? That is why I would want to ask for some help to install it. I feel a bit dumb at the moment, But I'm sure you know what I did wrong. Was also thinking about retrying it vanilla and a bit more organised.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Asmadon.

post-1023539-0-76303000-1450535173_thumb.jpg

You installed Elin 2 which looks different, not to mention I need to update it to use the latest XPMSE.

If you want your Elin to look like the screenshots from this thread, you need to install the files from here.

You can install both as they do not overwrite each other, just keep in mind they use different race names.

Elin 1 = Elin Race

Elin 2 = Tera Elin Race

The version from this thread is Elin 1 so when using showracemenu look for 'Elin Race'.

EDIT

You can install both as they do not overwrite each other, just keep in mind they use different race names.

Need to mention that they both use the same RaceCompatibility files so it does not matter if you overwrite those.  If you use RaceCompatibility by TMPhoenix then you definitely need to remove the RC files I included.

Okay, well got everything installed for the elin race 1, but now the game crashes once I select Elin as race in the builder?

Elin 2 still works as before.

And thank you for your first reply :D

Asmadon.

Error in installation.  Are you using NMM?  That might be why since I test installations with MO.

Maybe off topic, but you still working on the castanic body/race?

Great job on the elin and presets for bodyslide. Thats really superb

Yes, I had to put them aside as I work on Elin 2 then Elin 1.

I need to give the Castanics their own race powers and abilities centered around their 2 dominant traits: Warriors and Artisans/Merchants.

Also, I need to add some select beards for the males and Painted Lady pubic hairs for the females.  I have an idea on how to fix the pubic hairs showing through certain types of clothing, but I need to seek the help of the more knowledgeable scripters.

I'm going to put aside the fix for the Elin dance and proceed with updating Elin 2 with the new XPMSE skeletons.  Afterwards, I'll return to the Castanics.

I use NMM yeah. Only thing I find strange is that Elin 2 still works and elin 1 crashes once I hoover over it. I did everything exactly the same as with elin 2, which was for elin 1 only extracting stuff into skyrim/data. Would you suggest a clean install of skyrim again?

First, I'd like say how nice the work on this by PsychoMachina is. The Elins are all very cute and change the feel of the game quite a bit. I'm running the current 1.7 version, but I have a couple of questions. First, is Dual Sheath Redux a requirement, or a recommendation? I'm not using it, and haven't seen any issues yet, but I'm wondering if I will at some point. Second, I noticed the Hearthfire girls aren't altered into Elins like all the other girls. Is that going to be handled separately, or maybe in another version of the NPC file? Finally, is there a way to remove the HDT dependency? I haven't got a really powerful CPU, so HDT drops the game speed by 25 to 50% depending on the number of Elins in the area. I'm using the non-HDT hair pack already, and I tried not using the HDT ears and tails from the SKSE folder, but some of the ears didn't draw right, and others crashed the game when selecting the preset at the start until I copied in the HDT ears and tails.

I use NMM yeah. Only thing I find strange is that Elin 2 still works and elin 1 crashes once I hoover over it. I did everything exactly the same as with elin 2, which was for elin 1 only extracting stuff into skyrim/data. Would you suggest a clean install of skyrim again?

Firstly, look in MESHES > ACTORS > 2chELIN FIX for these files:

• Skeletonbeast_female.nif
  • Skeletonbeast.nif
  • Meshes for body, hands, feet, and head.

If any of them are missing, especially the skeletons, then just copy the files from the main Elin archive.

If all files are there, uninstall Elin 2 and see if that fixed it.  I know I said they are compatible, but just in case I overlooked something.

First, I'd like say how nice the work on this by PsychoMachina is. The Elins are all very cute and change the feel of the game quite a bit. I'm running the current 1.7 version, but I have a couple of questions. First, is Dual Sheath Redux a requirement, or a recommendation? I'm not using it, and haven't seen any issues yet, but I'm wondering if I will at some point. Second, I noticed the Hearthfire girls aren't altered into Elins like all the other girls. Is that going to be handled separately, or maybe in another version of the NPC file? Finally, is there a way to remove the HDT dependency? I haven't got a really powerful CPU, so HDT drops the game speed by 25 to 50% depending on the number of Elins in the area. I'm using the non-HDT hair pack already, and I tried not using the HDT ears and tails from the SKSE folder, but some of the ears didn't draw right, and others crashed the game when selecting the preset at the start until I copied in the HDT ears and tails.

Thank you.

Dual Sheath Redux is not a requirement if you do not want to use it.  Dual Sheath Redux is only an optional feature.

The Hearthfire children replacers can be found here, http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/481-added-elin-falkreath-housecarl-rayya-tera-elin-dlc-additions/.

Do not install the Housecarl Rayya replacer from the DLC Additions post, that is for Elin v1.4 or older.  The new Rayya replacer is included with the Elin NPC and Enemy Complete v3.2.1 from here, the Elin Race post.

If you do not want to use HDT Physics, you need to do the following:

• Download the Elin NPC Creation Fix Kit (2015Dec12_MODDERS_ElinNPC_Creation_Fix_Kit_v2.7z) and extract the archive.  
  • You will see 2 folders for the 'non-HDT Ears and Tails'.  
  • If you have the normal Elin main files then choose the normal 'non-HDT' files.
  • If you have the Elin main Color Match Edition then choose the 'color match non-HDT' files.
  • Copy the MESHES folder to where you have the Elin mod installed and merge the MESHES folder, allow overwriting of the Ears and Tails files.

Go to the SKSE > Plugins folder (example: DATA > SKSE > Plugins) and delete the following files and folder:

• Elin Tails folder.
  • hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll
  • hdtPhysicsExtensions.ini
  • hdtSkyrimMemPatch.dll
  • hdtSkyrimMemPatch.ini

Done!

Thank you.

Dual Sheath Redux is not a requirement if you do not want to use it.  Dual Sheath Redux is only an optional feature.

The Hearthfire children replacers can be found here, http://www.loverslab.com/files/file/481-added-elin-falkreath-housecarl-rayya-tera-elin-dlc-additions/.

Do not install the Housecarl Rayya replacer from the DLC Additions post, that is for Elin v1.4 or older.  The new Rayya replacer is included with the Elin NPC and Enemy Complete v3.2.1 from here, the Elin Race post.

If you do not want to use HDT Physics, you need to do the following:

• Download the Elin NPC Creation Fix Kit (2015Dec12_MODDERS_ElinNPC_Creation_Fix_Kit_v2.7z) and extract the archive.  
  • You will see 2 folders for the 'non-HDT Ears and Tails'.  
  • If you have the normal Elin main files then choose the normal 'non-HDT' files.
  • If you have the Elin main Color Match Edition then choose the 'color match non-HDT' files.
  • Copy the MESHES folder to where you have the Elin mod installed and merge the MESHES folder, allow overwriting of the Ears and Tails files.

Go to the SKSE > Plugins folder (example: DATA > SKSE > Plugins) and delete the following files and folder:

• Elin Tails folder.
  • hdtPhysicsExtensions.dll
  • hdtPhysicsExtensions.ini
  • hdtSkyrimMemPatch.dll
  • hdtSkyrimMemPatch.ini

Done!

Thanks for the thread link - that was just what I was looking for. The instructions for going back to non-HDT worked like a charm. Thanks again. :)

I really need to pinch a few pennies and get an A10 to replace my A6. My motherboard supports the A10, and it would double the cores and boost the clock rate at least 25%. It'd almost double the GPU as well. I really need it if I want to play Fallout 4 any time soon.

Firstly, look in MESHES > ACTORS > 2chELIN FIX for these files:

• Skeletonbeast_female.nif
  • Skeletonbeast.nif
  • Meshes for body, hands, feet, and head.

If any of them are missing, especially the skeletons, then just copy the files from the main Elin archive.

If all files are there, uninstall Elin 2 and see if that fixed it.  I know I said they are compatible, but just in case I overlooked something.

Well, I got this at the moment. Shouldn't there also be male replacers, cause that is the first thing that loads?

post-1023539-0-06644500-1450613773_thumb.png

@JLF65

I have an i7 3.4GH and GTX 560ti (meets the minimum requirements) and Fallout 4 is 'stable' at medium settings.  The problems I'm experiencing is the longer I play the more the inherent game bugs start appearing.  It might be best to wait until Bethesda releases additional patches or someone releases an unofficial FO4 patch.  During that time, you can save enough funds for upgrades that exceeds the minimum requirements.

@Asmadon

Elins are a female-only race.  What you see is merely a placeholder because using one of the Skyrim males looks out of place.  I'm not creating a male version because the only benefits would be the ability to wear male outfits.

@JLF65

I have an i7 3.4GH and GTX 560ti (meets the minimum requirements) and Fallout 4 is 'stable' at medium settings.  The problems I'm experiencing is the longer I play the more the inherent game bugs start appearing.  It might be best to wait until Bethesda releases additional patches or someone releases an unofficial FO4 patch.  During that time, you can save enough funds for upgrades that exceeds the minimum requirements.

With the Bethesda games, I wait until they release their "Game of the Year" or equivalent edition before buying it. That way I get all the DLCs and the latest patch, usually for a lower price than getting just the game by itself. It also means that there will be a HUGE number of mods by that time as well. :)

With FO4 just being released, it'll probably be next xmas before I wind up getting it, so I do have time. However, an A10 would allow me to start using a lot of those goodies for Skyrim that I currently skimp on... like HDT.

So what do I have to do to uninstall it? just get rid of the files?

What do you want to achieve?  Make the male placeholder a fully, functional Elin or make it completely a human male?

In either case, you don't need to uninstall anything.  All work is done with TES5edit or CK.

@JLF65

With the Bethesda games, I wait until they release their "Game of the Year" or equivalent edition before buying it. That way I get all the DLCs and the latest patch, usually for a lower price than getting just the game by itself. It also means that there will be a HUGE number of mods by that time as well. :)

With FO4 just being released, it'll probably be next xmas before I wind up getting it, so I do have time. However, an A10 would allow me to start using a lot of those goodies for Skyrim that I currently skimp on... like HDT.

I thought Witcher 3 won Game of the Year.  The FO4+DLCs pack will be released, I won't doubt that, it'll just be named something else.

I only want to achieve the game not crashing once I select elin in char select. I think you misunderstood me a bit, but I meant like the first time I hoovered over elin 2, it was litterally a male body with an elin face (until I made sex female). I just asked if maybe that was the reason why my elin 1 crashed (cause male body is loaded before female), I was never implying towards you to make or achieving to make a fully functional male body for elin 1. On the part of uninstalling, you told me to uninstall elin 2 if the crash still persisted with some files you said I had to find (which are in the example picture).  That is why I asked you how to uninstall elin 2.

My excuses if I'm being a bit vague on my part, I can see why you would see it that way.  But I still appreciate your help... Sorry.

P.S Tried to load Elin with female sex selected, still crashed. Guess I'm going for a clean install. Sorry if I was annoying towards you.

No problem, I should organize the original post and add installation instructions.

Uninstall all Elin 1 and Elin 2 files.

Here is are the mods and their installation order.

STEP #1

Requirements (for Elin 1).

1. XPMS Extended v3.64 or newer.
    1. Requirements (for XPMS Extended).
    2. SKSE 1.7.3 or newer.
    3. Realistic Ragdolls and Force v1.9 or newer.
    4. FNIS v6.2 or newer.
  2. If you use RaceMenu.
    1. RaceMenu v3.4.5 or newer.
  3. If you use Enhanced Character Edit.
    1. ECE v1.4.
    2. NetImmerse Override Standalone v3.4.5.

Optional

1. Dual Sheath Redux v1.7.3 or newer.

STEP #2

Main Elin Race Files.

1. If you do not want color matching ears and tails.
    1. 2015Dec10_MAIN_ElinRace_v1-7.7z
  2. If you want color matching Elin ears and tails.
    1. 2015Dec10_MAIN_ElinRace_ColorMatchEdition_v1-7.7z

Done!  The files from step #1 and #2 are all you need to have a playable race, albeit without the optional add-ons.

Start with these mods without any Elin add-ons and you should be able to select the (female) Elins without crashing.

Don't forget to organize your load order.  Use LOOT or if you know what to do then organize manually.

Don't forget to have a look at the XPMS Extended page for installation and load order optimization for XPMSE.

Once you are able to select and customize your Elin, create a new save before adding the Elin hair packs, NPC replacers, or any other Elin add-ons.

The exception would be the Elin idle animations; they do not work with FNIS 6.x.  I'm sure there is a way since Fores created patches for some of the animation mods he listed on his nexus page.