{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

Hey, PM, would there be any permissions issues if I included copies of some of the Elin race's assets with my followers? They're nearing completion, but I'm thinking I'd like to take a crack at making them standalone while I'm at it. For that I'd need to include a few things like head meshes, tri files, and such.

I seem to have managed to get Compa to heal the player successfully, but I've had no luck giving her a cooldown on the spell. Guess I'll just need to make it cost more magicka to limit how often she can use it. I also noticed the bracelet from the Fox armor I gave her to occupy her hand slot pokes through her sleeves a little bit, but it looks kind of like a decoration on it. I think I like it.

VUqwo7f.jpg

Cool, alright. Just planning to stick it here.

Egh. This... this might be too much work. Maybe I should just keep the dependency.

Hmm, yep, nope, standalone's not an option. With no knowledge on 3D modeling programs I won't be able to change the tri files for the hairs to recognize the new follower race entry. That unfortunately means they'll just have to use the same skeleton and face textures as every other Elin, I think... which is gonna mean a lot of overwriting is going to be necessary if anyone else wants to use this thing...

Hmm... well, now's as good a time as any to figure that out, I suppose. Thanks Psycho, I'll give it a shot.

And swmas, if I have to keep the dependency, using the followers will be much less appealing, haha. I've replaced my Elin textures with Fair Skin Complexion UNP version and adjusted the face texture's color to better match it as well as give them black eyelashes. If it isn't standalone, that'd require any users to overwrite their own textures with the same as mine, which would mean forcing them into using UNP bodies, requiring them to re-export the faces of any other Elin NPC mods they might be using, etc. etc.

Hmm... well, now's as good a time as any to figure that out, I suppose. Thanks Psycho, I'll give it a shot.

And swmas, if I have to keep the dependency, using the followers will be much less appealing, haha. I've replaced my Elin textures with Fair Skin Complexion UNP version and adjusted the face texture's color to better match it as well as give them black eyelashes. If it isn't standalone, that'd require any users to overwrite their own textures with the same as mine, which would mean forcing them into using UNP bodies, requiring them to re-export the faces of any other Elin NPC mods they might be using, etc. etc.

That's true but in my case the performance cost matters and having a lot of different body types on screen means more lag for me. I prefer a lower resolution follower to no follower at all. But it's your mod, of course it's your decision.

Hrm, well, I still have no idea what I'm doing here. After installing that portable Blender and tri file script package, all I get is a Python script error when trying to import a tri, a list index out of range error like this:

h8pdGPL.png

And I have no idea what to do next after getting OBJ files out of the Extractor/Creator app, either, so that route is a dead end too...

Zero experience with 3D modeling here.

That's troubling... you might be right. No matter what Elin hair TRI I try to import, it gives me that error, but importing one of the base Apachii mod TRIs doesn't. And using the TriExtractor tool does present a warning in the command window: "No UV coordinates to save". Something about UV seems to show up in the Blender error.

The specific TRIs I need to work with are:

hairfemalezzjay2races.tri

hairlinefemalezzjay2races.tri

evergreenhairraces.tri

evergreenhairlineraces.tri

apachiihairhuman06races.tri

Extractor/Creator does gives me a couple of OBJ files, but I just have no idea what I'm supposed to do with those afterward. The instructions on the download page aren't a very big help.

The problem is there are no race specific morphs in the TRI to rename.  Are you sure you need to make the hair morphs independant of the Elin hair morphs?  There is nothing there pointing to any races.

EDIT

Did you copy the hair morphs to your race's folder and assign them to the hairs headpart in CK for your race?

EDIT 2

Regarding the TRI extractor/creator, creating a new TRI involves using the 'tricreator.exe <filename>.txt' command.  If you modified the OBJ, then you just need to run the command in the comman prompt to compile the TRI file.

If you removed any OBJ or rename them, you need to do the same in the generated TXT file (delete entries for OBJ you removed or rename entries the same as you renamed the OBJ) before compiling the new TRI.  Failure to do so will cause an error when compiling.

Well, I'm confused. Am I barking up the wrong tree? What is it that makes the hairs fit the Elin heads right now then?

Currently, I have duplicates of those hairstyles' records from the hair mods to make them available for my followers to use. They point to copies I made of the needed files, in preparation for standalone plans. All's well so far.

What I did before in an attempt to make things standalone: I made a copy of the Elin race record, called it ElinCustomFollowerRace. Set to work changing the needed headparts and texture sets to work without pointing to the base race files. Made a new formlist including just ElinCustomFollowerRace, swapped the hair headparts over to that formlist for Valid Races, changed nothing else. But after switching the followers' race to ElinCustomFollowerRace or previewing the base NPC in the race record, the hairs don't fit now, they clip, they float off the scalp, etc.

So you...

duped the ElinRace race form and renamed it ElinCustomFollowerRace.

duped the HeadPartsElin formlist, renamed it, and assigned it to ElinCustomFollowerRace.

duped the FemaleHeadElin HeadPart, renamed it, added the femalehead.nif, femalehead.tri, femaleheadraces.tri, and femaleheadchargen.tri that you are using for your custom race.

duped the ElinHair Headpart, renamed it, and only changed the file path to any meshes and .tri that was using the Elin race file path. 

If you are creating a standalone race based on the Elins, did you changed all other relevant records (headparts, textures, armor/armor addon,etc) and added them in the race form to replace the Elin records?

Yep, that's what I did, and other necessary parts like skeleton, body, eyes, mouth, and such. I hadn't finished the texture records yet, but when I noticed the hairs weren't right I had changed all needed headpart and AA records to replace the old ones, minus the rabbit ears.

Starting from scratch, I made the ElinCustomFollowerRace again, made the formlist, and changed the three hairs and their hairlines to use the follower race. And the hairs are definitely not morphing at all.

yrdSXVi.png

ElinRace follower on the left, ElinCustomFollowerRace preview on the right.

You replaced the original files with the alt files, changed the names in the heaparts to use those files and the results are the same?

I'm guessing you did not replace the hair tri.  Don't, the alt files would not apply to the hairs, just the Elin head.

Something is missing or not being applied that is causing the hairs to clip in-game.

Try recreating the headparts (head and hairs) without duplicating the Elin headparts.  I had similar problems with some of the hairs when I tried mergin the different plugins.  The only way to fix the problem was creating the headparts from scratch.

I didn't replace the original files, I added a new folder containing them then switched the headpart's nif and tri directories to point to where they were. I closed and reopened the CK just in case my using MO was messing with things, but it still looked to clip the same amount.

I'll give it another whack later. Thanks for the help, PM.

The only thing that comes to mind is that some record(s) is still assigned to the Elin race instead of the Elin Follower race and the result is causing the hair to glitch.  If you replicated all the necessary Elin records and replaced the race and replaced all file association to the Elin Follower files, the hairs should appear normal.