{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

Hmm, well... it's not standalone, but I did find something. I can set the ElinRace as the ElinCustomFollowerRace's Morph Race to apparently copy over its morph data. It'll still require the dependency, but it looks like it'll allow me to give it its own skeleton and body parts.

Yeah, setting ElinRace as its Morph Race instantly fixed the hairs. I'm just hoping using another race as a Morph Race doesn't have any unforeseen consequences like making it use the morph race's assets regardless of what you put in the race record or something.

But if this works out, as long as I have to keep the dependency, it'll be a lot less work for me. Only need to make headparts usable by the custom race, don't need to bundle copies of the files or anything.

By the way, anybody got any thoughts to share on the general opinion on followers talking about specific locations? A few of these lines might work out very well in places like Whiterun or Riften, but even if they only say a line every 12 game hours or longer, I'm wondering if it gets annoying hearing a follower chime in with the exact same thought they once had previously? I might just want to stick the Say Once flag on these, but then they won't talk much out of combat.

Well, looking over my available lines, it appears I only have some very location-specific dialogue for the Vesperia lines, and only a handful of general-purpose idle dialogue for Nep and Compa, too.

I wasn't planning on doing it before, but I suppose I'll try and figure out how to emulate the "I have a bad feeling about this" or "Wow! Would you look at that!" events, because I do have quite a few lines that would fit there.

Oh, hmm, seems I've made a mistake with one thing, and forgotten about another. Custom race Neptune's cat tail is completely stiff, and changing their race has made them ineligible for the idle animation plugin. I probably just missed something with the former, but scripts tend to leave me just plain confused... Good news is that the migration to their own race hasn't broken anything else, it seems.

I'm in the middle of putting together the Castanics and I don't have the Elins installed.  I'll contact you when I start on the Elin 1 updates so that I can adapt the Elin idle or Elin dance idle to your race.

Perhaps a little off topic but.. you doing a castanic race?

Always wanted the goddamn castanic race. Cool news if true

I'm in the middle of putting together the Castanics and I don't have the Elins installed.  I'll contact you when I start on the Elin 1 updates so that I can adapt the Elin idle or Elin dance idle to your race.

Yes, it's true.

post-64505-0-40671900-1437437386_thumb.jpg post-64505-0-85194400-1437437386_thumb.jpg

When I made those screenshots, I realized the male race morphs need some more modifications; they have some serious Cro-Magnum eyebrow ridges.

Maybe I can try to figure out how to make the follower race eligible for the idle myself, in the meantime.

How hard could it be?

and he was never heard from again...

If you are not proficient in animations then those words can be hauntingly true.  It took me a full weekend to get the Elin idle animations to work with Elin 2 when it should have been a few minutes.

Yes, it's true.

attachicon.gifcastanic female.jpg attachicon.gifcastanic male.jpg

When I made those screenshots, I realized the male race morphs need some more modifications; they have some serious Cro-Magnum eyebrow ridges.

Thats cool, I wish you good luck with that

Got any ETA for release?

No ETA.  This race will be part of a multi-race mod which includes the Elins.  If I can get help with converting the Aman race then likely they will be included with the initial release.  If not then they have a 50/50 chance of being include later.  High Elves, I doubt it since Skyrim already has enough Elf races.  Maybe, just maybe, I can make them Skyrim High Elf replacers.

Then there are NPC replacers, followers, summons, teen/child (playable and replacers) options, establishing a standard Elin body along with armor/clothes, and the Elin Reaper. 

Yeah, no ETA.

If you are not proficient in animations then those words can be hauntingly true.  It took me a full weekend to get the Elin idle animations to work with Elin 2 when it should have been a few minutes.

Mmm, yep, I haven't the foggiest idea how to even begin trying to make the follower race compatible, so I'll leave that for another date. They're not as cute without the swishy-swaying behavior but there's bigger fish to fry right now.

Come to think of it, I wonder if making an optional file that has the followers use the Elin Vampire race would let me work around this.

I've decided to give the two bunny twins their own custom outfits as well, just in case someone likes their included body shape and wants to keep them dressed in something that maintains it, but finding cute clothing is such a chore. My own mashup of the Biker Jacket and Fire Butterfly outfits will work fine for the type of character the bolder twin is, but her sister definitely needs something on the cute side rather than the sexy side.

By the way, Psycho, whenever it's time to give the Elins another work over, is it possible to do something about their eyelids not closing all the way on any eye shape larger than the default eye? Many a cute Elin has been foiled by them not being able to shut their eyes all the way, leaving twin illuminated slits peering at you, always watching, always seeing...

The Elin don't get those sliders at all. Though those sliders appear to just enlarge/shrink the eyes, don't they? At least, that's what the sliders with "Eyelid" in the name are doing with other races.

Ahhh, so close, and yet so far... I discovered that using the console to change the followers' race to Elinrace makes them start doing the idle animation, and saving and quitting then fixes the head discoloration... but alas, doing so also makes their faces frozen, unable to make expressions of any sort.

For anyone interested, here's what I've got for each follower's base outfit:

3ybNTzj.jpg

ndOptOX.jpg

Hopefully no one I'm contacting for permissions has any problem with bundling their files in here.

Already got that, and nope, just totally frozen. I think their teeth mesh might be moving behind the face but the face itself just doesn't move anymore. No lip movement, no emotions, no blinking, nothin'.

Looks like the only way I can work around it without actually knowing how animation mods work is to make an optional file with overwriting edits to the vampire race and make them vampires. Probably remove the Undead keyword from the race so there's no weirdness going on with any of the player's own anti-undead effects. Don't know if that might screw with the player becoming a vampire, though.

Something got mixed up with what race they are and their morph race.  Are they an Elin vampire race?  Did you create the normal Elin (or Elin follower) race form? 

The normal race form would not have a morph race assigned (or you can try assigning the Elin race), but the vampire counterpart uses the Elin race.

Oh, I haven't done that thing with the vampire race yet. I was describing what happens after using the setrace console command to change them into the normal Elin race.

Although out of curiosity, I decided to try and repeat the setrace experiment with the vampire race, and unfortunately got the same result... and something else unexpected.

Kfpe7Bo.jpg

She became puny! What the heck? I think I've heard of RaceMenu doing this before, but why?!