{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

Glad all is working now.

The Elin-Apachii hairs is my mod, but you still need the original Apachii hairs from Nexus.  My mod only contains custom TRI files and a plugin to allow the hairs to showup for the Elins so you still need the meshes and textures from the Apachii mods.  If you don't need the Apachii hairs for any non-Elin character, it's safe to remove the Apachii master file and only use the Elin-Apachii plugin (or just deactivate the master file).

Yeah everything is working perfectly now, thanks again. :)

But would you happen to know why the game just suddenly closes now? Maybe I did something wrong? It just closes while in-game after like 5minutes of play.

It could be memory issues.  Does the sudden crashing happen after adding the Elin race or have this happened before?  I can't say it's the Elins because I experience similar problems with the Monli.

Does the crashing happen in the same location or while performing certain actions?

The problem can also be script related.  If you have mods that run a lot of scripts, deactivate them and load an earlier save before you installed those scripted mods.  If the game runs better then the scripts are the cause or contributing to the problem.

Also check for resource-heavy mods like ENB or hi-res textures.

It could be memory issues.  Does the sudden crashing happen after adding the Elin race or have this happened before?  I can't say it's the Elins because I experience similar problems with the Monli.

Does the crashing happen in the same location or while performing certain actions?

The problem can also be script related.  If you have mods that run a lot of scripts, deactivate them and load an earlier save before you installed those scripted mods.  If the game runs better then the scripts are the cause or contributing to the problem.

Also check for resource-heavy mods like ENB or hi-res textures.

I had ENB Climates of Tamriel a long time ago but removed it. As far as scripts go, I recently added the SexLab framework and some mods associated with it. Maybe this is a FNIS issue? Both SexLab Framework and FNIS are new, but those were working fine till now with the Elin mod if either one is causing problems. 

edit: It seems to close the game as I'm looting bodies.

Try deactivating SexLab and run the FNIS generator, but leave the Elin race active.  Run your game and check for performance problems. 

I don't use SexLab so I can't say for certain if it will conflict with the Elins.

EDIT

I remember someone here was asking for help with their game crashing when looting bodies.  They did not have the Elin race so the problem was something else.  I'll search around.

Okay, the only thing I found was someone had a similar problem and fixed it by reinstalling a body replacer they were using.

If you have the Elin NPC and Enemy mod installed, reinstall the Elin body as the Elin NPCs share assets with your character.

Other than that, deactivate these mods.

- HighResTexturePack (x3)

- purewaters.esp

Chances are adding the Elin mods has increased the load on your resources. 

An alternative is to optimize the hi-res textures to lessen the load. 

You can use these tools to optimize textures:

Optimizer Textures

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12801//?

Skyrim Mods Complex Optimizer

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/13529//?

EDIT

Since you have SKSE installed, I have provided an SKSE folder (located in the DATA folder) with the Elin main package.  Look in the SKSE folder for "skse.ini" and open it in Notepad.

You should see this entry:

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=2048

This makes SKSE run textures with a resolution of 2048x2048.

If, for some reason, it's not there, add the command in skse.ini and save the file.

If you are using larger resolution textures (4096x4096) then you will need to edit the command so that it looks like this:

[Display]
iTintTextureResolution=4096

But I doubt that will fix the high memory usage or whatever is the cause of the crashing.

SKSE.ini will still be needed when I release the next update because the tintmasks are 2048x2048 to smooth out face pixelation.

EDIT 2

The only mod that I know to conflict with the Elins is Children of the Sky.  CotS tries to replace the Elin body with their own and it crashes the game.

Glad all is working now.

The Elin-Apachii hairs is my mod, but you still need the original Apachii hairs from Nexus.  My mod only contains custom TRI files and a plugin to allow the hairs to showup for the Elins so you still need the meshes and textures from the Apachii mods.  If you don't need the Apachii hairs for any non-Elin character, it's safe to remove the Apachii master file and only use the Elin-Apachii plugin (or just deactivate the master file).

But would you happen to know why the game just suddenly closes now? Maybe I did something wrong? It just closes while in-game after like 5minutes of play.

According to a post on the S.T.E.P. forums an issue in Skyrim was discovered that the game will crash when using up to or over 3.1GB RAM. This means if you're using a lot of texture mods (High res texture packs like AmidianBorn HD Armors, Skyrim HD 2K Textures, Bethesda's HD Textures, several body mod replacers like CBBE, UNP, UNPB, and so on.) that increase the details of textures in-game it requires more memory. That's what can cause crashing. Gopher (A Youtuber who does LP videos and is a moderator at Nexus) goes into some pretty good detail about it on his channel and the causes I'd recommend viewing. One recommended fix is using the CTD and Memory patch ENBoost to offload some of the stress from your system's memory which might help in your case. I'll leave a few links for it. One suggestion I would make is limit the amount of texture mods you use or lower the resolution of the ones you install, it particularly depends on what your maximum display size is.

For example if you play at 1920x1080 using anything higher than 2K is plain pointless, you won't see the difference (If you can tell the differences will be negligible.) and it will only take up memory and impact your performance. In some cases even using 1K is better depending on the size of the textures used. Some body mods for example do use 4K textures so if you've got these installed that can be part of your problem too. Anyway if you have a good video card I'd recommend giving ENBoost a try, good luck!

EDIT: Didn't notice the problem was resolved already. But it's still recommended to look into this mod I mentioned if you are using a lot of replacer or retexture mods on your game. Note that it doesn't resolve ALL issues but a lot of problems in the game are usually because Skyrim is pushing its limit already.

CTD and Memory patch ENBoost:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/38649//?

GophersVids Skyrim 3.1gb Crash Limit and Skyrim Performance Monitor:

(Explains the 3.1GB crash limit in Skyrim.)

GophersVids Skyrim Mod Sanctuary featuring ENBoost:

(Includes instructions on how to install it.)

My problem is the game crashing when loading a save, but that happens when I'm working on a mod and I'm constantly starting the game, checking the edits, and exit the game in a short period of time.

I fixed other crashing problems by cleaning Update.esm and the DLC master files, switching to the basic Skyrim Floral Overhaul, and changing ENB (was using Sharpshooter, now using Seasons of Skyrim).  In fact, sometimes I have better luck with loading a save if I leave the ENB on than when I toggle it off.

I used ENBoost back when it was beta.  I'll run v4.0 and see if it makes any difference.

I've actually noticed that I believe some of the default Elin texture files don't seem properly compressed/larger than they should be. My own personal fix was to make a patch file and redirected the game to use a different set of textures and nif file for the body, hands, and feet using the default installation of the UNP body. There's a way to fix them but I really haven't figured out how to compress them properly. Anyway using ENBoost ended up resolving most crash issues I was originally experiencing. Reducing the number of script-intensive mods I was using also helped in that.

Thanks, all of this has been a huge help. :) I love the Elin race mod, now I have a cute little murderer wreaking havoc on Skyrim! > :D

Enjoy and treat her nice and she will treat you nice. ;)

I've actually noticed that I believe some of the default Elin texture files don't seem properly compressed/larger than they should be. My own personal fix was to make a patch file and redirected the game to use a different set of textures and nif file for the body, hands, and feet using the default installation of the UNP body. There's a way to fix them but I really haven't figured out how to compress them properly. Anyway using ENBoost ended up resolving most crash issues I was originally experiencing. Reducing the number of script-intensive mods I was using also helped in that.

That is what I was doing before I had to make a last minute change of plans.  I was increasing the texture resolutions, patch any imperfections, and recompress the file.  Once I release the next update, I'll return to fixing the textures.

Glad all is working now.

According to a post on the S.T.E.P. forums an issue in Skyrim was discovered that the game will crash when using up to or over 3.1GB RAM. This means if you're using a lot of texture mods (High res texture packs like AmidianBorn HD Armors, Skyrim HD 2K Textures, Bethesda's HD Textures, several body mod replacers like CBBE, UNP, UNPB, and so on.) that increase the details of textures in-game it requires more memory. That's what can cause crashing. Gopher (A Youtuber who does LP videos and is a moderator at Nexus) goes into some pretty good detail about it on his channel and the causes I'd recommend viewing. One recommended fix is using the CTD and Memory patch ENBoost to offload some of the stress from your system's memory which might help in your case. I'll leave a few links for it. One suggestion I would make is limit the amount of texture mods you use or lower the resolution of the ones you install, it particularly depends on what your maximum display size is.

For example if you play at 1920x1080 using anything higher than 2K is plain pointless, you won't see the difference (If you can tell the differences will be negligible.) and it will only take up memory and impact your performance. In some cases even using 1K is better depending on the size of the textures used. Some body mods for example do use 4K textures so if you've got these installed that can be part of your problem too. Anyway if you have a good video card I'd recommend giving ENBoost a try, good luck!

EDIT: Didn't notice the problem was resolved already. But it's still recommended to look into this mod I mentioned if you are using a lot of replacer or retexture mods on your game. Note that it doesn't resolve ALL issues but a lot of problems in the game are usually because Skyrim is pushing its limit already.

CTD and Memory patch ENBoost:

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/38649//?

GophersVids Skyrim 3.1gb Crash Limit and Skyrim Performance Monitor:

(Explains the 3.1GB crash limit in Skyrim.)

GophersVids Skyrim Mod Sanctuary featuring ENBoost:

(Includes instructions on how to install it.)

I just read your post and downloaded everything. I'm only using 1024 GB VRAM and RAM, with 20fps (don't know how to get my fps to 60) lol

I'm taking a look at ENBoost video now, thanks for the info.

The replacer seems to somehow conflict with the Diverse Guards mod.  All female guards generated by that mod turn into Elin.  I thought I'd raise its load order higher than Diverse Guards, but it didn't seem to fix it.  Note that I didn't use the NPC replacer option in the installer, just the new NPCs option.

EDIT: Ok, changing the load order helps with future spawns but doesn't readily change the guards back.  At least it's generally working, now hopefully the other guards will eventually revert back to human.

The replacer seems to somehow conflict with the Diverse Guards mod.  All female guards generated by that mod turn into Elin.  I thought I'd raise its load order higher than Diverse Guards, but it didn't seem to fix it.  Note that I didn't use the NPC replacer option in the installer, just the new NPCs option.

EDIT: Ok, changing the load order helps with future spawns but doesn't readily change the guards back.  At least it's generally working, now hopefully the other guards will eventually revert back to human.

If you only installed the "New NPC" option then the Elin guards you see were additions, not replacers.  I have not tried Diverse Guards, but I'm thinking Diverse Guards and New Elin NPC achieve the same thing so when Diverse Guards add new vanilla race guards, the Elin NPC simply changes their race. 

By the way, looked at the new Elin body screenshots some more and wanted to leave a little feedback. Something about the shape of the hips/thighs seems off to me, they're... how should I put it, not smooth enough? They're kinda bulbous, rather than round. Could that region be smoothed out some more?

By the way, looked at the new Elin body screenshots some more and wanted to leave a little feedback. Something about the shape of the hips/thighs seems off to me, they're... how should I put it, not smooth enough? They're kinda bulbous, rather than round. Could that region be smoothed out some more?

I considered the thigh shape a feature :P

I can alter the hips, waist, and torso to make the curves smoother.  Yeah, those hips do look rather "bulbous".

In other news, I had to clean out my Data folder, delete most of my saves, and carefully reinstall about half the mods I had before because the game gave up on me.  I lost some of edits I did for the Elins, but those were the textures and hood fix.  A combination of anger and lack of sleep didn't help matters.

I curently only have a few perhaps dumb question.

1. where is this fox armor shop.

2. is it normal the wrists look twisted around, hard to describe maybe its the shadow.

3. elin undies glitch trough the butt area, unless its only ment for the UNP/CBE elin models?

4. when i install elin bard option, my elin and all the other elin when they stand still they dont have a idle animation they spread there arms in stand mode like for editing.

Hello Hseeker25

1) Fox Shop is located in Riverwood near the road to the Guardian Stones.

post-64505-0-64140200-1378678827_thumb.jpg

2) Can you provide a screenshot?  What other skeletons or animations are you using?  Besides the skeletons that came with the Elin mod.

3) I'm guessing you are using the underwear from the Elin armor set.  Those are for the Tera Body which comes with the main pack.  They will glitch if using the CBBE or UNP bodies.  The same can happen if using CBBE/UNP clothes on the Tera Body.

4) The T-pose means you need to install FNIS and run the FNISGeneratorForUsers.exe to create the behavior files.

I'm about to release Elin Bard v2.  I need to head over to Solitude to test her so expect v2 in the coming days.