{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

There are 3 options:

1. Using Blender or 3dsmax, create all new head morphs for the Elins so that the eyes can be raised higher.
  2. With Blender or 3dsmax, convert the hood/mask to fit the Elin's head.
  3. I can test the Death Robe with version 2 of the Elins, but I need to finish the textures for the current Elins before I can resume with Elin v2.

If you're interested in doing it yourself, here are some tutorials by Nightasy that can help.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NightasyTutorials/videos?flow=grid&sort=da&view=0

You can also do a search in Youtube for tutorials using Blender.

Well the death robes doesn't have clipping issues with the elin head, the only problem though is that the eyes really doesn't show. It looks like a tedious task but I'm gonna try learning how to use blender first then work on the armor. 

EDIT:

Elins work but now other races are broken. At least most of my stuff works so no worries...for now.

Recap of removed text: Something broke stuff somewhere somehow and I am working on figuring out what. Also: Elin race seems to work without Dual Sheath Redux.

The other races will use DSR, but you need to follow the DSR installation instructions to fix some bug that affects the npcs.  The only bug I have seen is the shield hovering under the feet of some npcs.  All of the Elins are fine.

You can still play an Elin without DSR.  Only Chesko's animation is mandatory.

To answer 2 posts, DSR won't complete its little setup thing because one mod I had was "unable to be located" because BOSS sorted it wrong every time it ran, so if DSR works without the setup, I can make it work.

Second, something broke all of the races that required that master file, and they wouldn't work at all after I readjusted the load order, so those are gone (will worry about that later).

Thirdly I debate that Chesko's animations are "madatory". I would also offer up that I have only had time to test the Elin race for about 5 minutes or so after I removed them, meaning that there is still plenty of time for everything to break and then I will be back here to pretend I never said this. :D

Nevermind that part.

Finally, I am so happy that my armors no longer CTD with Elins. If I put the wrong armor on, no more crashing. Thank you so much for finally making the skeletons compatible.

UPDATE

Dawnguard Dwarven and Steel Bolt Fix.

• Requires Dawnguard DLC.
  • Requires the new skeletons because the quivers share the same node as the bolts.  When the quiver was moved to the belt-fastened position, the bolts were displaced.
  • The position of the bolts mirrors the position of the quiver (above tail or below tail).
  • May or may not work on all custom crossbow mods.

I don't know how or know of any existing mod that will add blinking, but I'm curious that the pc will blink when in showracemenu.  It's not consistent though.

If you don't know, patch 1.9 removed the pc's ability to blink and introduced a bug that will cause the eyes to stay shut after sleeping.  This can happen to both pc and npc and I've seen a glimpse of the bug whenever I order Lydia to sleep.  When she wakes up, here eyes stays shut for about 2-3 seconds before opening.

UPDATE

Uploaded a complete custom CBBE and UNP texture pack for the new bodies.

- Only one package to install.

- When installing, the first window lists the CBBE textures.  If you want to use the UNP textures, click on the "NEXT" button to display the UNP list.

- Made for the new CBBE and UNP Elin bodies.

IMPORTANT

If you have the original CBBE and UNP body/texture packs.  Do not use them for the new Elin bodies.  The old packs contain the original body meshes that will overwrite the new meshes.

Well damn. :\ Psycho I seem to have stumbled onto that first-person camera height problem again with my skeletons, and I can't seem to fix it by reinstalling any of the skeleton mods, unp bodies, and even the enhanced 3rd person mod.

How am I supposed to fix the first-person skeleton height problem if reinstalling the skeletons and textures etc. doesn't work? It's giving me that same issue where I can't see over the wagon when starting new games.

Sounds like the 1st-person camera is stuck.  Strange, I recently started a new game with my Monli and the camera was normal.

Are the Elins completely removed from your DATA folder?  Did you look to see if there were orphaned files?

After making sure all of the Elin files are removed, start the game and load the last save or any save that had the Elin in it.  You will end up with a vanilla race body (Nord?), but no head. 

Check 1st-person and third then change locations (go indoors/outdoors or fast travel).  Go ahead and make a new save or save over the last one if you're not going to keep it.

Now start a new game.  Hopefully, you got the camera unstuck.

EDIT

I wonder, have you tried starting a new game without any mods?  I mentioned in a previous post about starting a new game and getting the cart glitch.  I removed all my mods and started another new game and everything returned to normal.

Try that, start a new game without any mods and only reinstall them when your pc stands before Hadvar or after you leave the cave and heading towards Riverwood.

Sounds like the 1st-person camera is stuck.  Strange, I recently started a new game with my Monli and the camera was normal.

Are the Elins completely removed from your DATA folder?  Did you look to see if there were orphaned files?

After making sure all of the Elin files are removed, start the game and load the last save or any save that had the Elin in it.  You will end up with a vanilla race body (Nord?), but no head. 

Check 1st-person and third then change locations (go indoors/outdoors or fast travel).  Go ahead and make a new save or save over the last one if you're not going to keep it.

Now start a new game.  Hopefully, you got the camera unstuck.

EDIT

I wonder, have you tried starting a new game without any mods?  I mentioned in a previous post about starting a new game and getting the cart glitch.  I removed all my mods and started another new game and everything returned to normal.

Try that, start a new game without any mods and only reinstall them when your pc stands before Hadvar or after you leave the cave and heading towards Riverwood.

I will give that a try. In the meantime I'll fill you in a little. I completely removed all of the Elin mods because I like to go back and forth between my fun time during game time (this is with the Elin mods installed), and other times when I just want to play around with something different (I haven't tried every race yet, so that's why i start new games so often.) .

I played a new game for awhile as a male Nord, and the first-person view and scaling looked just fine. But then I attempted another new game with a new mod (I had already used the Schlongs of Skyrim mod before with no issues -- and the Elin mods are still removed.) I tried out a new SoS mod for Female UNP bodies (because I wanted to see and thought it would be fun and funny to see a hot chick displaying a grand and giant penis). This is where the trouble started, at first I figured it was fine to have the camera like this if it meant I could at least see if the mod worked or not, because I figured I could fix the skeleton first-person thing later I just wanted to make sure the mod worked. I ended up finding out that the mod worked with a few kinks, for some reason the mod was working for both male and female NPC's where they at least had a penis. And the mod seemed to work and be okay for my male characters as well. But when it came to my female characters it never worked, and I've tried Nord, Imperial, Redguard, Orc, and Elven races.

So getting fed up with reinstalling the SOS Female UNP bodies mod I gave up on it, and decided to just play it normal and fix the first-person height scaling problem I had with the skeleton, only to find out that I can't seem to fix this problem by reinstalling my original skeletons or UNP bodies/textures, and I've even tried re-downloading the mods from NMM.

What I haven't tried yet is what you suggested, with starting the game fresh with no mods and re-adding them one-by-one, which I will be doing momentarily to see if it fixes the problem.

Are there any more suggestions before I get started?

Well unfortunately I found a flaw with the new Elin bodies. While they look much more closer to the shape/body of the TERA Elin than the previous ones if you use the new skeleton with any other body shape (Such as any armor that shows the character body, this includes stuff like the Immersive Armors Barbarian set, or any of the Bikini-type armors that rely on the default UNP body displayed underneath.) it deforms the body a little giving your Elin a hourglass waist, lowers the knees, and slims down the thighs and shoulder width. Not that this is PsychoMachina's fault but a side-effect of using a modified skeleton and body shape together like this. It'll require editing each and every armor or custom-made armor from mods to correct the deformities from it, I think this also applies to vanilla bandit (Fur.) armors if you use the UNP body vanilla armor replacer on the Nexus.

@adventhawk7 - I'm thinking the problem could stem from a leftover nif file in your data folder. Try this:

Navigate to Data\meshes\Actor\character and check if you have a folder named _1stperson. If you do check inside to see if there's a skeleton.nif in it. If so, delete it. Chances are that's a modified version of the 1st person skeleton possibly left behind from a previous installation of the Elin Race mod. What it does is set the camera to a fixed height based on the size of the first-person skeleton. Removing it forces the game to use the vanilla skeleton instead. Alternatively if this doesn't work try the mod "Race Menu" found on the Nexus. Personally I prefer this one over ECE (Preferences vary.) and it will scale the 1st person camera to your actual character height instead of relying on a separate skeleton. Problem is I don't BELIEVE it's compatible with ECE so you'll need to choose between the two. I think the author is working on some form of compatibility between the two mods but I'm not sure how it works.

I found a skeleton inside _1stperson in that folder, do I just delete the _1stperson or just the skeleton.nif?

edit: Also, could you link to the race menu mod you were refering to? I see a lot of mods on there with the same title.

edit edit: I think I found it but I just want to be sure it's the right race menu mod you were talking about.

I will give that a try. In the meantime I'll fill you in a little. I completely removed all of the Elin mods because I like to go back and forth between my fun time during game time (this is with the Elin mods installed), and other times when I just want to play around with something different (I haven't tried every race yet, so that's why i start new games so often.) .

I played a new game for awhile as a male Nord, and the first-person view and scaling looked just fine. But then I attempted another new game with a new mod (I had already used the Schlongs of Skyrim mod before with no issues -- and the Elin mods are still removed.) I tried out a new SoS mod for Female UNP bodies (because I wanted to see and thought it would be fun and funny to see a hot chick displaying a grand and giant penis). This is where the trouble started, at first I figured it was fine to have the camera like this if it meant I could at least see if the mod worked or not, because I figured I could fix the skeleton first-person thing later I just wanted to make sure the mod worked. I ended up finding out that the mod worked with a few kinks, for some reason the mod was working for both male and female NPC's where they at least had a penis. And the mod seemed to work and be okay for my male characters as well. But when it came to my female characters it never worked, and I've tried Nord, Imperial, Redguard, Orc, and Elven races.

So getting fed up with reinstalling the SOS Female UNP bodies mod I gave up on it, and decided to just play it normal and fix the first-person height scaling problem I had with the skeleton, only to find out that I can't seem to fix this problem by reinstalling my original skeletons or UNP bodies/textures, and I've even tried re-downloading the mods from NMM.

What I haven't tried yet is what you suggested, with starting the game fresh with no mods and re-adding them one-by-one, which I will be doing momentarily to see if it fixes the problem.

Correct me if I got this wrong, but...

1. You completely removed the Elin race.
  2. You started a new game as a male Nord and the camera height and scaling "looked just fine".
  3. Attempted another new game with SOS for UNP (no Elins were reinstalled) and started noticing some bugs (1st-person camera, penis appears on both NPC genders, male pc, but not female pc).
  4. Suspect it was the Elin mod inspite of #2 and #3 (or at least that is what samusknight2k is stating).

If your situation is an issue caused by the 1st-person skeleton, I highly doubt it's from the Elin mod for the following reason:

• The 1st-person skeleton used by the Elins is the vanilla race skeleton that I extracted from Skyrim.bsa.  The scaling affects the 1st-person camera height and the Elins are scaled using only the master file.  That is why there are mutlitple options for scaling, those are the different master files.

Whether RaceMenu can fix the 1st-person height bug or not, I don't really know, but remember it works by either adjusting the height or rescaling the camera node in the 1st-person skeleton and does not work in the same manner as mods like Enhanced 3rd-Person Camera.

BTW, minor issue but I thought I'd ask.  I'm getting color mismatch between the body and the head on the NPCs.  Is it just an NPC issue as the NPC mod hasn't been updated recently, or it could be a general issue with the Elin textures?  I tried the new ones but they don't seem to do anything.  It's not just a neck seam issue really.  It's like the head has a slight pink tint while the body has a slight yellowish tint.

Correct me if I got this wrong, but...

1. You completely removed the Elin race.
  2. You started a new game as a male Nord and the camera height and scaling "looked just fine".
  3. Attempted another new game with SOS for UNP (no Elins were reinstalled) and started noticing some bugs (1st-person camera, penis appears on both NPC genders, male pc, but not female pc).
  4. Suspect it was the Elin mod inspite of #2 and #3 (or at least that is what samusknight2k is stating).

If your situation is an issue caused by the 1st-person skeleton, I highly doubt it's from the Elin mod for the following reason:

• The 1st-person skeleton used by the Elins is the vanilla race skeleton that I extracted from Skyrim.bsa.  The scaling affects the 1st-person camera height and the Elins are scaled using only the master file.  That is why there are mutlitple options for scaling, those are the different master files.

Whether RaceMenu can fix the 1st-person height bug or not, I don't really know, but remember it works by either adjusting the height or rescaling the camera node in the 1st-person skeleton and does not work in the same manner as mods like Enhanced 3rd-Person Camera.

Correct for the most part on your points, except I'm not blaming the Elin mods. I just came over to this thread since it's been 2 days since I posted in the SOS for female UNP mod thread with no help or answers from anywhere, so I came here for help with the 1st person camera scaling problem since I didn't know how else I can fix the problem after giving up on the sos female unp mod.

Well the issue with the first person height scaling skeleton has been solved, but while trying to fix this problem yesterday I got these errors telling me in-game that a conflict was detected for PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex and CompanionsHousekeepingScript.pex

I looked around (on Google), and found out that this is actually a non-issue, apparently, the SOS Female UNP Bodies mod only works if I have the DLC Dawnguard mod...(I'm assuming, since Google results tell me that these errors only popped up if I'm not using an updated Dawnguard DLC version of the game) I don't have Dawnguard, so I suppose that's why my female character didn't have a penis and therefor is the entire reason for the weird conflicts because I downloaded a mod that require the Dawnguard DLC support bodies and skeletons.

I am disappointed in myself for not thinking about it and putting two and two together. T_T

Another great job on the textures psychomachina. I was stuck learning blender-nifscope and didn't know it really is a piece of work. I just got lazy when I ended up in a stump then went to play elins without the death robes. Maybe modding isn't really for me though. 

I was the same way, but once I learned the techniques to accomplish something, it became very easy thereafter.  It takes time and dedication.  I still have much too learn, myself, and when I have time, I may return to learning how to convert armors.

BTW, minor issue but I thought I'd ask.  I'm getting color mismatch between the body and the head on the NPCs.  Is it just an NPC issue as the NPC mod hasn't been updated recently, or it could be a general issue with the Elin textures?  I tried the new ones but they don't seem to do anything.  It's not just a neck seam issue really.  It's like the head has a slight pink tint while the body has a slight yellowish tint.

It was always like that.  Still figuring a way to at least blend the neck with the body.

Well the issue with the first person height scaling skeleton has been solved, but while trying to fix this problem yesterday I got these errors telling me in-game that a conflict was detected for PlayerVampireQuestScript.pex and CompanionsHousekeepingScript.pex

I looked around (on Google), and found out that this is actually a non-issue, apparently, the SOS Female UNP Bodies mod only works if I have the DLC Dawnguard mod...(I'm assuming, since Google results tell me that these errors only popped up if I'm not using an updated Dawnguard DLC version of the game) I don't have Dawnguard, so I suppose that's why my female character didn't have a penis and therefor is the entire reason for the weird conflicts because I downloaded a mod that require the Dawnguard DLC support bodies and skeletons.

I am disappointed in myself for not thinking about it and putting two and two together. T_T

Those script errors mean you are using two different Race Compatibility mods, one by TMPhoenix and the other by Himika.  The Elins uses Himika's version and does not use the HouseKeeping, VampireTransformation, and WerewolfTransformation scripts.  SOS for UNP requires Dawnguard so I guess it uses TMPhoenix' RaceCompatibility for Skyrim and Dawnguard.

If you are getting those errors and the Elins are not installed, check all mods you have that requires Race Compatibility and see if they are made by different authors.  Other than that, I don't know why those errors messages are appearing.

Thanks for re-uploading the NPCs, they look great! Some of the followers though have invisible gaps separating their necks from the bodies (Jordis and Lydia), but other ones look fine (Brelyna and Iona). Keep it up!

What armor are you giving them to wear.  If an armor greatly changes their body, they can get a neck gap just like they can get gaps at the wrist and ankles.

UPDATE - Elin Followers 2

- Elin sisters MiYa and YiKa.  They can be found in the Drunken Huntsman (Whiterun).

- Rem.  She can be found inside Dragonreach near the front entrance.

Changes

- Rem now wears leather armor instead of being nude.  You still need to give her a weapon/bow/shield and better armor.

- Both followers come with scaling options.  You need to install a scaling option that matches the scaling of your Elin.

Some Things You Need to Know

- Rem will use the same body as your playable Elin.  MiYa and YiKa use their own and will not be affected by whatever custom body you install.

- Rem and the sisters can be used as standalone followers and that is why I included scaling options.  As long as you have the core files (Rem and sisters) and optionally an Elin body (Rem only), you can have them as followers for non-Elin pc.

CORRECTION

Rem uses her own body and is not affected by whatever body you install for your own Elin.