{UPDATE - Elin Voice v2.1 with Throw Voice Replacer Options} Tera Elin Race

By the way, what about the Dark Brotherhood Elin sitting on top of Arcadia's Cauldron in Whiterun? If I kill it will it start the Dark Brotherhood quest line? I don't wanna kill it if the dark brotherhood npc won't respawn at some point.

edit: Also, I've noticed that there's two long stringy shadows coming out of my shadow, is that a skeleton issue or something with the lighting?

By the way, what about the Dark Brotherhood Elin sitting on top of Arcadia's Cauldron in Whiterun? If I kill it will it start the Dark Brotherhood quest line? I don't wanna kill it if the dark brotherhood npc won't respawn at some point.

edit: Also, I've noticed that there's two long stringy shadows coming out of my shadow, is that a skeleton issue or something with the lighting?

1) No, but you might get a bounty in Whiterun.

2) Likely a problem with shading/lighting. 

How do I fix shading and lighting? I did it once before when I had problems with that climates of tamriel mod ENB series mod back years ago during the early stages of modding, but forgot how I'm supposed to fix it. Didn't have the strange shading/lighting issue till I installed the elin followers & npc's mod.

I think I have it figured out.  The new Elin skeletons are heavily edited.  The top half is proportionally scaled down to give the appearance of wider hips (if you just try to scale up the pelvic nodes then the whole bottom half enlarges and clips through the ground).

Also I grouped together the weapons (side weapons, side weapons left, back weapons, bow/quiver, shield), moving the nodes from their original heirarchy without moveing the bones from their position.

It could be these edits among others I did "broke" the animations from IA and XP32.  I remember when editing the skeletons for the different Elins, I would lose the DSR animations if I moved the nodes beyond a certain point (shields no longer appear on back or weapons disappearing even though I did not make them hidden).

How do I fix shading and lighting? I did it once before when I had problems with that climates of tamriel mod ENB series mod back years ago during the early stages of modding, but forgot how I'm supposed to fix it. Didn't have the strange shading/lighting issue till I installed the elin followers & npc's mod.

First thing.  Can you provide a screenshot of what you are seeing?  It might help.

Yeah, that is strange.  It looks like it's coming from the lower area of her body.

Are you still using COT?  I had at one time used COT and it caused some strange glitches, one of which was the Elin tail stretching into infinity.  If you are using COT, uninstall it.  However, I have some bad news, if that glitch is caused by COT, uninstalling it will not truly fix the tail stretching glitch.  You will have to start a new game.

I see, well, it isn't that big of an issue and doesn't really bother me, I need CoT for some of my other mods to be compatible like Wet & Cold, and the old original lighting and shading without CoT's lighting and shading made the entire screen go black and blurry every time I entered a shadow such as the Riverwood Traders shack, having a shadow under the second balcony area from the front door, any time I entered areas shaded like that it would black out the screen to where I can't see the door unless I stepped out of the shade.

Kinda weird I know, but CoT helped with that issue so it's a necessity at the moment.

My game was stable before installing COT and everything was fine at first, but then I notices some models or textures, such as trees and rocks, stretching like rubber-bands.  I thought it was just another bug with the game.  Later when Elin-Aela's tail started stretching I started uninstalling mods trying to find out what was the cause.  Eventually, I started over and installed only the Elins and some armors and never experienced those glitches again.

Months later I decided to try out COT again, thinking it's been updated, what could go wrong.  After installing the current version and hours into the game, the sky started glowing and flickering and I saw a Khajjit with a glitched tail.  Uninstalled COT and never looked back.

Any new games I started with all combinations of mods did not reproduce what I experienced when I used COT.

My game was stable before installing COT and everything was fine at first, but then I notices some models or textures, such as trees and rocks, stretching like rubber-bands.  I thought it was just another bug with the game.  Later when Elin-Aela's tail started stretching I started uninstalling mods trying to find out what was the cause.  Eventually, I started over and installed only the Elins and some armors and never experienced those glitches again.

Months later I decided to try out COT again, thinking it's been updated, what could go wrong.  After installing the current version and hours into the game, the sky started glowing and flickering and I saw a Khajjit with a glitched tail.  Uninstalled COT and never looked back.

Any new games I started with all combinations of mods did not reproduce what I experienced when I used COT.

O_o Wait, CoT can do that? Damn... I kinda like the weather and all that... So what sort of weather and lighting mods are you using that don't make Elin and stuff glitch?

Hi Psychomachina, is there anyway to fix the eyes of elins? I really want this armor mod with my assassin elin but the eyes doesn't show. 

Here is the pic:

D9sGv0P.png

I would also like to try editing the armor if possible but I don't know how.

What armor is that?  Is the mask separate from the mask?  UNP or CBBE?

There are 3 options:

1. Using Blender or 3dsmax, create all new head morphs for the Elins so that the eyes can be raised higher.
  2. With Blender or 3dsmax, convert the hood/mask to fit the Elin's head.
  3. I can test the Death Robe with version 2 of the Elins, but I need to finish the textures for the current Elins before I can resume with Elin v2.

If you're interested in doing it yourself, here are some tutorials by Nightasy that can help.

http://www.youtube.com/user/NightasyTutorials/videos?flow=grid&sort=da&view=0

You can also do a search in Youtube for tutorials using Blender.

EDIT:

Elins work but now other races are broken. At least most of my stuff works so no worries...for now.

Recap of removed text: Something broke stuff somewhere somehow and I am working on figuring out what. Also: Elin race seems to work without Dual Sheath Redux.

For Dual Sheath Redux, did you follow instructions to create new game, save, exit game, uninstall/remove dual sheath redux, and start up the game?

EDIT:

Elins work but now other races are broken. At least most of my stuff works so no worries...for now.

Recap of removed text: Something broke stuff somewhere somehow and I am working on figuring out what. Also: Elin race seems to work without Dual Sheath Redux.

The other races will use DSR, but you need to follow the DSR installation instructions to fix some bug that affects the npcs.  The only bug I have seen is the shield hovering under the feet of some npcs.  All of the Elins are fine.

You can still play an Elin without DSR.  Only Chesko's animation is mandatory.

There's one more thing I've been wondering if whether or not it's a bug or intended. But when you start a new game you're in a wagon on your way to the chopping block, how do I put this... The view from first-person mode makes it so you can't see or look over the sides of the wagon. Is that just the Elin skeleton? Cause it's like this for no matter what race I choose to be, my first-person view seems to always be at waist-height and not face-height.

I'm not sure if it should really look like that in first-person view or if it should be like that for every race, especially when I haven't chosen a race yet. Here's a screenshot of what I'm looking at.

3pFwZ6l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3pFwZ6l.jpg

This can happen, though not all of the time.  It can't be the Elin skeletons because those are scaled at 1.0.  The problem is caused by a game bug where you play a small scale race then start a new game and the camera does not correct itself.

Try deactivating the Elin mods and starting the new game.  If that doesn't work, go ahead and uninstall the Elins and try again.

I almost forgot,  I had my first intro glitch.  I was sitting on the driver's seat listening to Ralof say his usuall lines when I noticed the cart in front was empty.  Upon reaching the "closed" gates to Helgen, Hadvar appeared out of nowhere between the carts and I ran over him.

post-64505-0-10623900-1379634327_thumb.jpg

Edited by PsychoMachina