22 hours ago, Leoosp said:

Event: crashes back to the desktop when trying to display the game menu/intro animation

However, don't have a camera or combat mods installed but still do the above.

@vaultbait @JB. I recently did a rebuild of Fallout 4 in an attempt to see if there was anything untoward with the modifications and/or load order unfortunately there wasn't. But it still crashes, when attempting to reach the press any key to access the start screen menu (after the intro video plays). So here are the up-to-date logs for the issue, can anyone aid me please in deducing the cause? As I to my knowledge don't have any combat or camera modifications installed, just the bare essentials to run "Commonwealth Slavers". This crash happens every time I try to launch the game with the exact same details.

HHS.log LL_fourPlay.log MCM.log Buffout4.log crash-2022-11-21-16-09-20.log f4ee.log f4se.log f4se_loader.log f4se_steam_loader.log F4z Ro D-oh.log xSE PluginPreloader.log

Edited by Leoosp
Applying at symbol as referring back to my own post with an update, which means those involved may not get notified.

Is there anything that can be done about Power Armor in the Tiny Little Whore Room??       Pic 1

Fourth playthrough and third time PC had to go to Hardware Town, can you adjust the Boss here, PC has to jump in the air to target him for dialog, after the whipping he wants sex, and they wind up Fucking in the shelving units.   Pic 2

I found a good site for Expansion of CS, just before the bridge to DC.    Pic 3

CS V 1.0.8

Fallout4 11_21_2022 10_30_48 AM.png

Fallout4 11_21_2022 11_11_00 AM.png

Fallout4 11_21_2022 10_53_08 AM.png

Edited by caveman74
13 hours ago, RinolaRaylo said:

Wish I could say that was my problem. Currently troubleshooting because I've been getting the same error you were. Even redownloaded all the necessary mods just in case. Now time to start removing things little by little I suppose.

Edit:

If anyone asks before I find a solution; I did also redownload the mod... like four times. I also made sure it is very low in my load order, and even put it into the dynamic patches group.

For the record, I am hella frustrated at what it happened to be.
While I'm not exactly sure *why* this was happening, it turns out my game itself was shutting off the mod in the mod menu you can access from the main menu. It was shutting off this esp, and a few others, like ASA.

Side note: I haven't had to fuck with that menu since back when I used to mod on Xbox, so 99.9% of the time I don't even consider checking it, but after stripping the game to bare bones and still nothing, that was my last idea before screaming and waiting for some new update.

3 hours ago, Leoosp said:

@vaultbait @JB. I recently did a rebuild of Fallout 4 in an attempt to see if there was anything untoward with the modifications and/or load order unfortunately there wasn't. But it still crashes, when attempting to reach the press any key to access the start screen menu (after the intro video plays). So here are the up-to-date logs for the issue, can anyone aid me please in deducing the cause? As I to my knowledge don't have any combat or camera modifications installed, just the bare essentials to run "Commonwealth Slavers". This crash happens every time I try to launch the game with the exact same details.

HHS.log 1.27 kB · 0 downloads LL_fourPlay.log 309 B · 0 downloads MCM.log 575 B · 0 downloads Buffout4.log 66 B · 0 downloads crash-2022-11-21-16-09-20.log 21.92 kB · 2 downloads f4ee.log 20 B · 0 downloads f4se.log 2.3 kB · 0 downloads f4se_loader.log 878 B · 0 downloads f4se_steam_loader.log 805 B · 0 downloads F4z Ro D-oh.log 352 B · 0 downloads xSE PluginPreloader.log 3.53 kB · 0 downloads

Checking for Console Command Crash........CULPRIT FOUND!
> Priority Level: [1] | Detected number of SysWindowCompileAndRun | BSResourceNiBinaryStream | ConsoleLogPrinter :  0  |  1  |  0

This is what the autoscan shows me, but I don't have much idea. I googled a bit but found nothing useful.

1 hour ago, Kzuuual said:

JB, 

Could you please tell me what's the name of the .hkx file for nervous (shivering) idle?

I do not know. You can get them with BAE. Just open Fallout 4 - Animations and extract the hkx files from the "Nervous" folder. (Or Scared?)

2 hours ago, caveman74 said:

Is there anything that can be done about Power Armor in the Tiny Little Whore Room??       Pic 1

Fourth playthrough and third time PC had to go to Hardware Town, can you adjust the Boss here, PC has to jump in the air to target him for dialog, after the whipping he wants sex, and they wind up Fucking in the shelving units.   Pic 2

I found a good site for Expansion of CS, just before the bridge to DC.    Pic 3

CS V 1.0.8

Reveal hidden contents

Fallout4 11_21_2022 10_30_48 AM.png

Fallout4 11_21_2022 11_11_00 AM.png

Fallout4 11_21_2022 10_53_08 AM.png

It is the price to pay for using random locations, that random things will happen. I can take Hardware Town off the list of bases to visit.

There are so many places that could be useful. I know where that place in your photo is because I have seen it during my many walks to DC.?

4 hours ago, dickwolf said:

To my knowledge, I don't have anything that changes faction. The only mods I have, I think, other than those explicitly required for this mod are the Armorsmith Extended & Weaponsmith Extended which I don't think change factions.

Gristle isn't hostile to my PC -- just to all other mobs.

Could it be that he lost raider faction somehow? I could try re-adding that through console...

Is there a way to check, via console, what his factions are?

My mod does not require Armorsmith/Weaponsmith, nor do my hard and soft mods require that. Hmm, I wonder if you have an outdated version of any of the requirements?

There is no way to check the factions. Not that I know. You can use Nexus "Better Console" but it tends to fails ( sometimes shows "null" factions).

Sorry I can't be of much help. I'll keep an eye out for other similar reports , but my days of helping out on the forum are numbered due to work reasons.

I suggest using a save before Gristle went berserk, to see if it was a fortuitous thing.?

Edited by JB.
27 minutes ago, JB. said:

Checking for Console Command Crash........CULPRIT FOUND!
> Priority Level: [1] | Detected number of SysWindowCompileAndRun | BSResourceNiBinaryStream | ConsoleLogPrinter :  0  |  1  |  0

This is what the autoscan shows me, but I don't have much idea. I googled a bit but found nothing useful.

Hmm.. According to what I see in some forum threads (like this https://steamcommunity.com/app/22380/discussions/0/620700960941109042/), the error seems to be related to some debug printing or internal command execution - SysWindowCompileAndRun seems to be some game engine function that interprets the console commands and executes them.

I'd check F4SE plugins which in theory might modify the function and their output might not show properly on logs. 

Edited by m.skynet

Okay my last posts seemed to of gone under the radar but I can 100% confirm now that this mod is causing a CTD in the Southern Boston area.

Ended up doing a full fresh reinstall on not only Fallout 4 but ALL my mods from scratch, testing fast travelling to the Hesters Consumer robotics store then running South, no crashes...Untill I finally put this mod in.

Big shame because I really like the idea of this mod and it was what was resparked my interest in FA4 

Edited by Darkwolf101
18 minutes ago, Darkwolf101 said:

Okay my last posts seemed to of gone under the radar but I can 100% confirm now that this mod is causing a CTD in the Southern Boston area.

Ended up doing a full fresh reinstall on not only Fallout 4 but ALL my mods from scratch, testing fast travelling to the Hesters Consumer robotics store then running South, no crashes...Untill I finally put this mod in.

Big shame because I really like the idea of this mod and it was what was resparked my interest in FA4 

I will check it tonight. Where specifically were you going?

I haven't touched anything over there, to be honest.

Edit: Yep, checked with FO4Edit. 

Edited by JB.
7 minutes ago, JB. said:

I will check it tonight. Where specifically were you going?

The first Time I discovered the CTD I was doing one of the first quests (forgot the name I'm sorry) the one where you're sent to give a gang the 'whip of peace'. I walked the entire way since survival mode and was on the road going past Hesters Consumer Robotics (bottom right of the city, one of the last buildings) following that road, turning left and at the top of the little hill is where the CTD occurs. Should also note that trying to fast travel to an area beyond that causes an instant CTD too.

Oh an for extra clarity this CTD happens even without starting this mod, it just needs to be installed.

Edited by Darkwolf101
2 minutes ago, Darkwolf101 said:

The first Time I discovered the CTD I was doing one of the first quests (forgot the name I'm sorry) the one where you're sent to give a gang the 'whip of peace'. I walked the entire way since survival mode and was on the road going past Hesters Consumer Robotics (bottom right of the city, one of the last buildings) following that road, turning left and at the top of the little hill is where the CTD occurs. Should also note that trying to fast travel to an area beyond that causes an instant CTD too.

I'll keep that in mind tonight. But I haven't edited anything there, only in Lexington.

If you have buffout, we can look at your CDT log and find the culprit.

The CTD may not be directly related to my mod, but rather an unexpected combination of mods.

1 hour ago, JB. said:

I'll keep that in mind tonight. But I haven't edited anything there, only in Lexington.

If you have buffout, we can look at your CDT log and find the culprit.

The CTD may not be directly related to my mod, but rather an unexpected combination of mods.

crash-2022-11-21-20-55-38.logEDIT: I accidently Grabbed the Buffout yea, it was directly above the crash log.

IMPORTANT! the Culprit is the Hardcore Raiders that comes with this mod? I saw it pop up a few times in the Log so thought I'd fiddle with it, reinstalled this mod without the addon and viola, loads no issues. If you want to do some testing yourself I was using the 'Andrew Station' as my fast travel waypoint and there's Raiders there, more than likely the very raiders causing problems.

I have no mods that alter Raiders armour but some that alter the body (Bodytalk3) and skin/face textures. I am using 'Damned Apocalypse' which alters looting but beyond that I'm out of ideas. Either way without the addon it's working.

Buffout4.log

Edited by Darkwolf101
New info.
Spoiler

Images take up space, so here's a courtesy spoilerimage.png.3e05c3919b57ff8ce4ac833dbea96597.png

Trial and error is frustrating. Took a while to fix my prior problem, now I'm stuck here.

Back to the drawing board and read through all these forum pages again, open to suggestions if anyone has fixed this.

And I apologize if its the cc code that was shared before on I think page 7, since I've yet to make it past this without using commands, I don't know what to expect in terms of content/conversations flowing naturally in this mod..

Another Masterpiece JB !

Thanks for sharing, this is fun !

Small incompatibility with

Have a Beer - Animated Drinking at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Sadly this mod, has no MCM configuration or no way to turn it off.

Typically opening the pip-boy interrupts the animation if it is playing at an inconvenient time but if the player is restrained by DD then it will cause the player to remain stationary while the animation tries to execute for about 30 seconds or so.

**Spoiler Alert**

Near the beginning when Murphy and Gristle are walking the player to Corvega, Murphy gives the player some food and dirty water, the water triggers the animation while Murphy and Gristle keep walking.

The player can not interrupt the Have a Beer animation with the pip-boy because of DD, So i'm stuck in place while it triggers for about 30 seconds.

Meanwhile Gristle and Murphy keep walking while I'm stuck in place for a time until I'm out of range and the collar kills me. 

I tried disabling the collar's lethal function in MCM, but it did not prevent me from getting killed at this point.

Might need to add to the description for now.

I havent found any other point where it interferes with your mod, but to proceed past that point I had to temporarily disable it.

• Fixed a bug if you accepted to skip the DC trip for the second time. 
  • Trudy, Patrick and Charon (Nuka Ride) will not be enabled during Gristle's first walk to avoid confrontations. 
  • TRS patch had the keyword "_CS_NoStrip" in some incorrect items (jeans, mini pants). 
  • Added a cheat in the MCM to customize piercings. 
  • Changed the MCM buttons thanks to @fedim
  • The Slog people won't ask you for help with supermutants if you are enslaved. 
  • There are a couple of new tweaks during "The Threat". Once you make the threat to the settler, there is a chance that the settler will release his dog to attack you, in a way to get you off his property other than shooting you out. However, if you have some training with dogs, the dog will not attack you and the dog's owner will be stunned at what you are capable of doing. 
  • During "The Threat", on the way back to the Whore House, a group of Minutemen will intercept you. But if you are too close to the Whore House then they will no appear. They will try to recover the money you grabbed from the settler.
  • It is now possible to fail "The Threat". 
  • Soft compatibility with Animated Drinking. If you have this mod, the player will receive the food in their inventory, and will not be forced to eat.

Spoiler

579452174_Capturadepantalla2022-11-2107_27_33.png.986bcff1b93d09983a3f5720d9b99de7.png105128457_Capturadepantalla2022-11-2119_02_24.png.c35e1ad3e1ca9a2f7aebd443a1bcf543.png

27 minutes ago, MisterTime said:

Small incompatibility with

Have a Beer - Animated Drinking at Fallout 4 Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

Sadly this mod, has no MCM configuration or no way to turn it off.

Typically opening the pip-boy interrupts the animation if it is playing at an inconvenient time but if the player is restrained by DD then it will cause the player to remain stationary while the animation tries to execute for about 30 seconds or so.

Consider switching to Immersive Animation Framework since it doesn't rely on stationary idles, so it might not pause on you like Have a Beer does.

2 minutes ago, JB. said:

I don't know if I will have time to make more fixes until the end of the year, due to my RL work, so my activity will also be very limited. See you soon and I can't wait to start working on new content. ?

Thanks so much for all your hard work, and sharing the fruits of your labors!

3 hours ago, RinolaRaylo said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Images take up space, so here's a courtesy spoilerimage.png.3e05c3919b57ff8ce4ac833dbea96597.png

Trial and error is frustrating. Took a while to fix my prior problem, now I'm stuck here.

Back to the drawing board and read through all these forum pages again, open to suggestions if anyone has fixed this.

And I apologize if its the cc code that was shared before on I think page 7, since I've yet to make it past this without using commands, I don't know what to expect in terms of content/conversations flowing naturally in this mod..

Aight, think I got it this time!!!
Sharing all of this just in case someone else has a issue like me.

If you decided to troubleshoot and disabled or even redownload mods, make sure to circle back to the AAF Fucking Manual! I somehow managed to disable something I shouldn't have, and it fried my whole AAF. Careful which mods you touch when mass shutting them down!

@JB.
Talking to Murphy at Vault 111...

You need to talk to him twice to get the mod to start. The dialogue is out of order. This is your new life.... Please help me.... Snowflake warning popup.. Gristle shows up.....

I usually just shoot Murphy to start the mod. LOL

V1.0.9

Edited by izzyknows
5 hours ago, izzyknows said:

@JB.
Talking to Murphy at Vault 111...

You need to talk to him twice to get the mod to start. The dialogue is out of order. This is your new life.... Please help me.... Snowflake warning popup.. Gristle shows up.....

I usually just shoot Murphy to start the mod. LOL

V1.0.9

Are you sure you don't have a patch overwriting? His "this is your new life" dialogue has several conditions. One of them is that he can't tell it when "Thorns" (AKA Lucky Day) is in stage "0".

Haven't you started another quest via console commands?

image.png.b0f3922b924784701f739cf01b66889c.png

Edited by JB.