Does LAL Work for an Entire Playthrough?

2 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

High ground needs to be nerfed.

Unless you've got a polearm, high ground just means your feet are at risk and your opponent only has to defend his head.  It isn't the advantage it is thought to be.

Console commands are CHIM, as I see it.  Once you remove the veil from your face (and pull it up over the bottom of the screen) you can do anything.

5 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

Unless you've got a polearm, high ground just means your feet are at risk and your opponent only has to defend his head.  It isn't the advantage it is thought to be.

Bethesda nerfed polearms remember?

Now you may be asking what polearms?

Exactly.

1 hour ago, Darkpig said:

Bethesda nerfed polearms remember?

Now you may be asking what polearms?

Exactly.

Never did find a good spear thrust mod. Or at least one that didn't want me to alter (fuck up) ini settings or other animations. And yeah.... I know what you're thinking and SoS works fine, thank you. :D

YARN | This is my rifle, this is my gun | Full Metal Jacket (1987) | Video  gifs by quotes | d098b8c9 | 紗

Edited by KoolHndLuke
On 10/19/2022 at 5:59 AM, Darkpig said:

Did I mention Maven's a bitch. A dumb one at that. She runs one brewery and still acts like she leads the mafia.

Taking Care of Business lets you stand up to her and keep Honningbrew Meadery intact with Sabjorn retaining ownership and Mallus running away with tail between his legs. Make a deal with Aringoth to not have to burn the beehives. Talk sense into the 3 shopkeepers instead of fleecing them for pocket change. Several other things, like supporting the beggars for example, which used to be a thing in Oblivion. Or turning down Brynjolf completely.

Incompatible with AYOP Thieves Guild module though, so you'll have to choose one or the other.

Edited by belegost
16 hours ago, belegost said:

Taking Care of Business lets you stand up to her and keep Honningbrew Meadery intact with Sabjorn retaining ownership and Mallus running away with tail between his legs. Make a deal with Aringoth to not have to burn the beehives. Talk sense into the 3 shopkeepers instead of fleecing them for pocket change. Several other things, like supporting the beggars for example, which used to be a thing in Oblivion. Or turning down Brynjolf completely.

Incompatible with AYOP Thieves Guild module though, so you'll have to choose one or the other.

Too bad both of them are incompatible. Both have features that make the thieves guild quest at least somewhat bearable.

Then again I felt more like a thief Destroying the Thieves Guild than either of those mods. How does that work? I can convince Brynjolf and friends to stop doing stupid shit but I feel like the story would have been better if it did something similar to the Dark Brotherhood when it comes to finding redemption by returning to the old ways (No I am not obsessed shutup?) . If the the Thieves Guild had a big enough reason to transform from thugs into the Robin Hood wannabes they were meant to be instead of returning a stupid key that would be... something. Still better than dealing with Maven Bitch Briar. I guess the real question is do I go with Destroy the Thieves Guild or do I go with F### the Thieves Guild?

5 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Too bad both of them are incompatible. Both have features that make the thieves guild quest at least somewhat bearable.

They change the same quest line and tinker with radiant jobs although in different ways. AYOP is geared towards vanilla playthrough, but you do need to earn the damn ranks in the organisation first by doing jobs and proving yourself. TCOB let's you be the good guy, but you can speed through the ranks by doing absolute minimum just like in vanilla. A mod that combines features of both would be perfection, but alas.

One of them also let's you refuse Nocturnal or trade your soul back in exchange for a dragon soul, can't remember which one does which.

Edited by belegost
21 hours ago, belegost said:

> Isn't it "Thieves guild for the good guys" mod?

1 hour ago, Evaloves4 said:

Yes. That's full name on SSE.

Edited by belegost
14 hours ago, Evaloves4 said:

12 hours ago, belegost said:

Yes. That's full name on SSE.

I think that one was supposed to get your soul back, but he never got around to implementing that quest... at least not in the LE verson, which is the one I played. I don't think I've played the AYOP one at all.

( Reading the comments, it seems he did complete that part for the version 3 of the mod, and now has version 4 out. )

3 hours ago, karlpaws said:

I think that one was supposed to get your soul back, but he never got around to implementing that quest... at least not in the LE verson, which is the one I played. I don't think I've played the AYOP one at all.

( Reading the comments, it seems he did complete that part for the version 3 of the mod, and now has version 4 out. )

The AYOP did mention this in mod description, "When you are asked to become a Nightingale, you can now say no. Brynjolf will follow your lead." also " If you don't become a Nightingale, the Karliah will return the skeleton key off screen." (Wait the Karliah??)

As for TGFGG - Taking Care of Business Redux I've never played the SE version either. Is there any actual in gameplay effects for getting your soul back?

5 hours ago, Darkpig said:

Is there any actual in gameplay effects for getting your soul back?

You have a deep, irrational craving for anything chocolate. Oh, and you have a one in thirteen chance of confusing automatons. :classic_tongue:

And.. never thought I'd say this, but feeling a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of good mods I'm finding for this game. Read somewhere somebody claiming to have over 3000 mods installed in their game. While I don't really think that's possible, it's certainly true that many mods are worth having if you can manage.

Best Theres Too Many Of Them GIFs | Gfycat

Edited by KoolHndLuke
12 hours ago, Darkpig said:

As for TGFGG - Taking Care of Business Redux I've never played the SE version either. Is there any actual in gameplay effects for getting your soul back?

I think it would just be lore, since there isn't a gameplay effect for losing it, unlike in the Soul Cairn where you do have stat damage. iirc.

7 hours ago, KoolHndLuke said:

And.. never thought I'd say this, but feeling a bit overwhelmed by the sheer amount of good mods I'm finding for this game. Read somewhere somebody claiming to have over 3000 mods installed in their game. While I don't really think that's possible, it's certainly true that many mods are worth having if you can manage.

If they are mostly texture replacers and merged armor or follower mods, that's believable. I think some of the SE changes related to the ESL flagging means some mods don't count in some way, so you wouldn't even have to merge them.

7 hours ago, karlpaws said:

I think it would just be lore, since there isn't a gameplay effect for losing it, unlike in the Soul Cairn where you do have stat damage. iirc.

I've already pledged my soul to so many Daedric Princes I doubt that really means much. Maybe just let them fight it off. Then again Daedric Princes don't really fight so much as have their followers do it for them. I wonder what would happen once a Daedric Prince learns I'm a champion of their rival?

17 hours ago, Darkpig said:

I've already pledged my soul to so many Daedric Princes I doubt that really means much. Maybe just let them fight it off. Then again Daedric Princes don't really fight so much as have their followers do it for them. I wonder what would happen once a Daedric Prince learns I'm a champion of their rival?

There have been a variety of lore discussions I have read about more than actually read, asking if the Dragonborn is actually a part of Akatosh or if as a dragonborn actually have a dragon's soul and whether it would be absorbed by a dragon if killed or by Akatosh if died of old age or some other reason.  There are apparently some people that think if the player did actually do all of the daedric quests, in the future when the player dies Akatosh would just say "Yoink!" and take your soul back from any Prince that laid claim to you.

I imagine that that normally, any mortal that tried to work for two different Princes would end up with what Boethiah and Molag Bal have the player do, with someone sent to kill you. Might not happen if you're just one of many regular followers but a blessed and promoted champion would probably inspire some extra interest.  Since daedra are not omniscient, I wonder just how well they could verify who you have worshiped and might turn you away as an untrustable apostate. Then again, I would expect one Prince to happily accept a worshiper from a rival Prince.

On 10/22/2022 at 8:59 PM, Darkpig said:

The John Constantine of Skyrim, lol

8 hours ago, karlpaws said:

There have been a variety of lore discussions I have read about more than actually read, asking if the Dragonborn is actually a part of Akatosh or if as a dragonborn actually have a dragon's soul and whether it would be absorbed by a dragon if killed or by Akatosh if died of old age or some other reason.  There are apparently some people that think if the player did actually do all of the daedric quests, in the future when the player dies Akatosh would just say "Yoink!" and take your soul back from any Prince that laid claim to you.

I imagine that that normally, any mortal that tried to work for two different Princes would end up with what Boethiah and Molag Bal have the player do, with someone sent to kill you. Might not happen if you're just one of many regular followers but a blessed and promoted champion would probably inspire some extra interest.  Since daedra are not omniscient, I wonder just how well they could verify who you have worshiped and might turn you away as an untrustable apostate. Then again, I would expect one Prince to happily accept a worshiper from a rival Prince.

You know, I actually have no idea what Akatosh's Daedric realm is supposed to be like! Does he even have one? The main lore articles don't mention that at all! 

55 minutes ago, SmedleyDButler said:

The John Constantine of Skyrim, lol

I don't know much about John Constantine. Been more of a fan of Image comics. I'd imagine if he is the hard boiled warlock the wiki says he is I can imagine him making deals with several demons just to get things accomplished.

Decided to play a Snow Elf this time and it's a first for me. I don't actually have the race mod installed so I'll have to set her abilities and perks myself. But do ancient Snow Elves get along with their tainted Falmer brethren I wonder? Saw nothing in the lore about it.

ScreenShot128.png.c15d364f2efc5b638a284caa02f2e19f.png

Edited by KoolHndLuke
17 hours ago, Darkpig said:

I don't know much about John Constantine. Been more of a fan of Image comics. I'd imagine if he is the hard boiled warlock the wiki says he is I can imagine him making deals with several demons just to get things accomplished.

No idea what the comics are like now, but his original storyline was centred on a plot where, knowing he was going to die, sold his soul to four (?) different princes of Hell, so that if he died it would start a civil war which would destroy Hell. Unable to resolve ownership of his soul, the princes were forced to keep him immortal until they could figure something out.

On 10/22/2022 at 11:37 AM, KoolHndLuke said:

While I don't really think that's possible

It is very possible. What's more, in SSE, you don't even need to merge them, since esl flagged .esp plugins are a thing. You could, but you don't have to. Load orders north of 6000+ are in the realm of reality. You probably need a NASA computer to run them though.

Edited by belegost
11 hours ago, belegost said:

in SSE, you don't even need to merge them, since esl flagged .esp plugins are a thing

Most of mine are converted to light plug-ins and all new mods are converted if they can be. It sounds impressive to have thousands of mods in one game, but honestly it seems to me it would be a major headache to keep straight. I've got maybe 400 mods installed and I can't keep up with what goes with what sometimes. :classic_tongue:

Besides, I don't just use mods, I make a lot of changes and don't think you can have .esl as masters. They pretty much have to be stand alone from what I've read.

Edited by KoolHndLuke