Old HDT Support Thread.

Monsto Brukes

I think the giant is ctd because it is looking for the bones in the skeleton.hkx of the giant. The bones exist in the nif and the xml, but not in the skeleton.hkx of the giant. TBBP did the same thing before, the game gets confused because it has nothing to skin to. I rigged the male version of naked giants and it ctd, but I'm sure I did everything correctly to set it up. The hkx needs to be bypassed so it can manually load from the nif/xml.

I think the giant is ctd because it is looking for the bones in the skeleton.hkx of the giant. The bones exist in the nif and the xml, but not in the skeleton.hkx of the giant. TBBP did the same thing before, the game gets confused because it has nothing to skin to. I rigged the male version of naked giants and it ctd, but I'm sure I did everything correctly to set it up. The hkx needs to be bypassed so it can manually load from the nif/xml.

No. the bones will be static but it won't cause CTD.

It does work fine as armor which is odd, unless something in the creation kit is causing the ctd. It says the bone is missing when extensions tries to load it, but it is in the nif and the xml.

There is an outfit entry under the giant actor in creation kit. I am going to try to set up the new body as an outfit and leave the giant with its old model/skeleton.

It does work fine as armor which is odd, unless something in the creation kit is causing the ctd. It says the bone is missing when extensions tries to load it, but it is in the nif and the xml.

There is an outfit entry under the giant actor in creation kit. I am going to try to set up the new body as an outfit and leave the giant with its old model/skeleton.

I think I have found the bug. fixed

What will happen if HDT Havok Path is attached to the mesh without BBP/TBBP rigging?

*Looks for a way to automatically attach the path to every single .nif.*

edit: something like a tool that will scan .nif's for appropriate bones and auto add the .xml path if found what's required.

Plugin is still behaving oddly with non human/beast races. I've tried rigging the giant and everything seems offset (bones), rigid bodies seem to move fine, but nothing lines up. I tried editing something else to see if it was only the giants having the problem, but when I tried to add deforming leashes to dogs it also acted funny. I have no Idea what might be causing this, but beast/human is working fine.

offsetboneproblem.jpg

Tests_Giant,Dog_HCT2013.1,HDTExt9_22_2013.zip

It didn't look offset to me :unsure: but there was some funny incidents with his bollocks going through his head.

I have found giving the rigid bodies all the weights is never the best thing to do i re-weighted it to have 50% of the pelvis weights.

And it acted much better in game.

This method can't be used to any good effect on things like the leash though...

you also have to put the mesh in a more neutral/natural position.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/m999cue5988ik1b/giant.nif

Okay...the fixed ver. now uploaded....

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3435982268&uk=2619899231#dir/path=%2FhdtPhysicsExtensions

Also no longer strange strecth when scene change...

Thank you the plugin runs amazing now. It runs 100x faster, no more crashing when you disable things, and the stretch goes away like in 2~ seconds. I messed up the skeleton for the giant so I have to remake it again, but it seems like everything will work now. 

I will add this version as a minor revision to 9-20. Do you think that's a good idea? Or is it a major version change?

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?shareid=3435982268&uk=2619899231#dir/path=%2FhdtPhysicsExtensions

Default BBP is added back to the system. Put hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml to data/skse/plugins to enable it.

To modder : that means if you need to design your own bbp for your mesh, pls create your own bones for breasts and butts.

and if you want to design your own default bbp, remember set all collisionFilterInfo to -1 to disable collision.

bones in default bbp hkpfile must exist in skeleton.

Default BBP is added back to the system. Put hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml to data/skse/plugins to enable it.

To modder : that means if you need to design your own bbp for your mesh, pls create your own bones for breasts and butts.

and if you want to design your own default bbp, remember set all collisionFilterInfo to -1 to disable collision.

Thank you again for your work!

So to make sure I understand:

Users need to put skyrim/data/skse/plugins/hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml in the directory next to the 9-20 version dll plugin? Or should they use the more recent version of the dll plugin?

It isn't the skinning on the mesh that's causing this, but the quality type for rigid bodies is what is acting weird. Everything is rigged properly, but the rigid body using keyframe type isn't correctly following its associated bone. It is offset, doesn't seem to rotate in any direction, but translates with the actor. The constraints behave correctly though. I've tried changing the size (radius, height) of the rigid bodies, link length between parented bones, but nothing fixes it. All the constraints behave correctly though. This seems to be the only issue the plugin has now. Sorry for bugging you so much Hydrogen.

Screenshot10537.jpg

giantest_2.zip

Users need to put skyrim/data/skse/plugins/hdtPhysicsExtensionsDefaultBBP.xml in the directory next to the 9-20 version dll plugin? Or should they use the more recent version of the dll plugin?

they should use 9-23 version dll plugin.

Is it true this mod doesn't work with lastest ENB binaries?

I wouldn't think that to be true.

I could only see it as a problem based on the ENB game-mod stuff put into play for in-game weather processing and manipulation. If it were an actual problem, I could see it going away by disabling the weather features of ENB.

Other than that, it would make no sense for them to interfere with each other.

they should use 9-23 version dll plugin.

Yes, I hadn't yet looked at the zip file. I have modified the original post of this thread to reflect the new version.

Were you going to post the video to youtube? It is otherwise unviewable from baidu, and 750mb is kind of big.

It isn't the skinning on the mesh that's causing this, but the quality type for rigid bodies is what is acting weird. Everything is rigged properly, but the rigid body using keyframe type isn't correctly following its associated bone. It is offset, doesn't seem to rotate in any direction, but translates with the actor. The constraints behave correctly though. I've tried changing the size (radius, height) of the rigid bodies, link length between parented bones, but nothing fixes it. All the constraints behave correctly though. This seems to be the only issue the plugin has now. Sorry for bugging you so much Hydrogen.

Screenshot10537.jpg

I think I found the reason.

In giant, NPC Pelvis is a static bone relate to NPC COM

As I understand it, this mod add a true bone jiggle to breasts bones? Does other bones affect boob movements? Like if they touch them, they react on it?

I'm starting work on BBP animation pack, and if this HDT mod will become a musthave, then there is no point in creating BBP animations anymore =)

To the contrary!

Animation movement can cause physics reactions. TBBP animations are fun and all, but when you add HDT physics, the effect is simply greater than the sum of it's parts.

So. . . and I was thinking about this earlier today . . . for best effect, the HDT physics mod will need a set of animations designed specifically to provoke physics reactions... TRUE bbp.

For example, shaking the shoulders back n forth would produce the desired effect without having to animate any breast bones. Walking and running animations could be based on the one frame where the foot hits the ground and jars the entire body. And when the armor mesh implementations are figured out, those same movements would affect the outfit/armor over the entire body.

It would be more than satisfactory.

Archived