Notice Me Senpai - A Notice Board Addon

Update 1.6.3 is up!

What's New in Version 1.6.3

-Fixed Haelga ring of subjugation dialogue, she will now immediately act like your slave as intended, once training begins and free up the captive slot.

-Added talk to john during sex dialogue. (Player must be under 150 units from your whore)

-Fixed some gender discrepencies in dialogue.

-Hooked up some dialogue that wasn't set up right, including some talk to player's whore during sex dialogue

-Added an optional keyword check for begging. Any clothing item with keyword _T_BeggarClothes will now trigger player beggar dialogue

Edited by Tentacus

One thing I forgot to mention is I added some lines for talking to your victim/slave while wearing the ring of subjugation, that lets you tell them that they are going to help you capture someone. They will react differently based on training level. Because of this it's important that you take off the ring before you begin training to avoid anti-immersion. The dialogue has a cooldown timer so after it's said you can access their normal dialogue while you have the ring.

Edited by Tentacus
55 minutes ago, Arthacs said:

FYI:

It looks like the Zap8Helper_NMS_Dialogue plugin need to be compressed before flagged as esl,

Xedit say that when checking for error.

I don't suggest you use it anyway. I already switched to the multiple version of that mod myself and just ignore the unimmersive dialogue... that plugin is only compatible with the old single version. I only keep the DL up cause it might be kinda shitty to take it down if somebody expected it to be there.

I dunno much about esl flagging but it's always worked for me with ANY mod I flagged. Also that plugin has very VERY few forms on it... and also How the fuck do you compress an esp? lol.

Edited by Tentacus
2 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

I don't suggest you use it anyway. I already switched to the multiple version of that mod myself and just ignore the unimmersive dialogue... that plugin is only compatible with the old single version. I only keep the DL up cause it might be kinda shitty to take it down if somebody expected it to be there.

I dunno much about esl flagging but it's always worked for me with ANY mod I flagged. Also that plugin has very VERY few forms on it... and also How the fuck do you compress an esp? lol.

For Xedit:

Firstly you Apply script "Find plugins which can be converted to ESL" (by right clicking on any plugin).

For those plugins that can be converted but need to be compressed:

Simply right click on plugin and choose "Compact FormIDs for ESL", and after it is done, click the esl in Record flags or use Eslify later.

(do not do it on master plugins unless you know no other plugins need the uncompressed master later,

because records are changed,

and remember to load all plugins that use it as master when compressing, so they get changed as well)

On 7/5/2023 at 3:10 PM, Tentacus said:

One thing I forgot to mention is I added some lines for talking to your victim/slave while wearing the ring of subjugation, that lets you tell them that they are going to help you capture someone. They will react differently based on training level. Because of this it's important that you take off the ring before you begin training to avoid anti-immersion. The dialogue has a cooldown timer so after it's said you can access their normal dialogue while you have the ring.

Could you add a spell or something to see the current statuses of NPCs being effected by this mod? I didn't see any option for that in the debug and thought it could be a nice addition to see the progress with NPCs.

9 hours ago, LewdZenn said:

Could you add a spell or something to see the current statuses of NPCs being effected by this mod? I didn't see any option for that in the debug and thought it could be a nice addition to see the progress with NPCs.

Ask them questions. That's what the "what do you think of me now" questions are for. You have to get past the initial line about "You may hate me now but that will change" to start it.

For some reason I seem to be unable to enslave more rescued citizens(I have two already, as a house slaves). I mean everything works as intended up until the point I bring them back to their house and return to the steward to complete quest and receive my reward. Then after that I get no NMS lines of dialogue with the NPC I just rescued anymore. As if I turned on the compatibility mode with this NPC, with only difference being that I never turned it on and got no dialogue option to disable it whatsoever. Everything was working just fine before, I've got no clue what changed. I only updated from 1.62b to 1.63, but the problem started appearing in 1.62b already:/ 

edit: Damn, writing this message and especially describing the compatibility thingy issue got me thinking and I went back to the house slaves that were working fine, checked their dialogue lines and one of them had compatibility mode turned on. Turning it off fixed everything with other NPC's that I rescued, the NMS lines of dialogue are back and everyhing works as intended again. Had no clue compatibility mode on one specific NPC affects the other ones. Anyhow, disregard my message, the issue is now fixed xD

Edited by 1rrelevant1
1 hour ago, 1rrelevant1 said:

edit: Damn, writing this message and especially describing the compatibility thingy issue got me thinking and I went back to the house slaves that were working fine, checked their dialogue lines and one of them had compatibility mode turned on. Turning it off fixed everything with other NPC's that I rescued, the NMS lines of dialogue are back and everyhing works as intended again. Had no clue compatibility mode on one specific NPC affects the other ones. Anyhow, disregard my message, the issue is now fixed xD

Yes, compatibility mode is a global variable it affects everyone. :) There are ways to handle such things on individual NPCs (Usually with faction ranks, or multiple globals) but in order to keep an already overcomplex mod reasonable a lot of things in this are global. Glad you sorted it out.

I have been working on adding a feature for myself (yes there will be one more small content addition soon) and I discovered (rediscovered) that there is a fucking limit on the number of reference aliases you can have on one quest. It simply would not fill any of the 8 new aliases I made. Something for you modders to keep in mind.

I had to create a new Quest to host the aliases (which was a pain in the ass since I'd already made a LOT of instances of the new script so have to relink 8 aliases 17x manually one by one to the new quest. ?) At least I figured it out this has been haunting me since yesterday.

This is the universe telling me that this mod is DONE... and needs to stay that way (after the next update)

Assuming I get it working after this hurdle the new content is being able to set up a slave brothel. You can gather your house slaves in one spot and then once you tell one that "We're opening a brothel" You will have new dialogue that lets you invite up to 8 guests to where the slaves are. Then you can have the guests sandbox and when their sex cooldown is 0 you can tell them it's their turn and they will approach one of the slaves who isn't cuurrently being fucked. It's just a way to have multiple whores working at once and add a little RP potential. This is a little similar to the Rexford and homeplate house parties in Hardship. The guests can stay hanging out in the brothel as long as you want.

Only works with house slaves for simplicity's sake... sorry "good" players.

Edited by Tentacus
1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

I have been working on adding a feature for myself (yes there will be one more small content addition soon) and I discovered (rediscovered) that there is a fucking limit on the number of reference aliases you can have on one quest. It simply would not fill any of the 8 new aliases I made. Something for you modders to keep in mind.

How many do you actually have? And any idea on the limit you encountered? I would've guessed that the limit is at 128 since F4 MQ101 has 85 aliases (mixture of refs and locations).

47 minutes ago, requiredname65 said:

How many do you actually have? And any idea on the limit you encountered? I would've guessed that the limit is at 128 since F4 MQ101 has 85 aliases (mixture of refs and locations).

Nah, way less than that... but it may have to do with the total forms/topics on the quest as well, who knows. As usual I couldn't find any information on the subject from Bethesda so it's all guesswork. I even deleted all the aliases and recreated them just to make sure I hadn't somehow screwed up the formatting and it still wouldn't fill, but as soon as I made them on a seperate quest it did.

Edit: The current working amount of Ref aliases on _T_NoticemeQuest is 36. I added 8 on top of that for the brothel guests and that's when they stopped filling. Dunno if it broke filling the existing aliases but if I had to guess I'd say yes. 

Edited by Tentacus

Since I'm a chump-ass idiot and I had to edit the script anyway I went ahead and added the ability to add Happy consensual whores in reserve mode to the brothel, so "good" players will be able to set up their own little whore house with the recruited tavern girls. 

Edited by Tentacus
5 hours ago, erynyes said:

Jeez, i was expecting you to be done with this mod a while ago, glad you are still working/updating it, this new brothel update looks really neat, thx  for all the work!

This should TRULY be the last especially since I hit some literal physical limits on my main quest. But when I fixed haelga I got the idea of making the bunkhouse into a brothel so... had to make it doable.

I'll warn everyone that the customers teleport to the whores when it's their turn. I wanted a nice smooth walk but since PathToReference() in scripts is COMPLETELY worthless (A light breeze will interrupt the path, and it simply doesn't seem to want to override anyone's package to begin with.) and doing it with packages would be way too overcomplex for what this is so be ready for havok physics to live up to it's name in your brothel. :D

It is quite fun though. Considering  debugging the alias issue aside I made this in a day it came out pretty good. I guess all the experience with the Hardship parties helped.

Edited by Tentacus

I'm not sure, but I think this quest comes from this mod. Arcadia gave me a love potion that is forcing me to make love to her whenever she wants.

The thing is, this situation is starting to get annoying, I can't go far or do quests outside of Whiterun, the event is triggered when the shop is closed and I'm afraid another mod will drag me or keep me somewhere.

How long takes to the effects go away?

17 minutes ago, furel said:

I'm not sure, but I think this quest comes from this mod. Arcadia gave me a love potion that is forcing me to make love to her whenever she wants.

The thing is, this situation is starting to get annoying, I can't go far or do quests outside of Whiterun, the event is triggered when the shop is closed and I'm afraid another mod will drag me or keep me somewhere.

How long takes to the effects go away?

As for the shop being closed she gave you a key to the shop when she drugged you. You may have to crouch if you have something like simply knock installed to use the key. You are also allowed to be there after hours by her. If the inside door to her room is locked just pick it (I don't think that was a thing but Skyrim can be weird). Either way the night thing isn't even an issue if you time your sleep right. Doesn't matter how many hours you sleep as long as she's in cooldown. Just sleep till the shop is open then haul ass over there.

The spell lasts like 5 days in game. You can sleep to make it go faster. Though each time you wake up you should promptly go fuck her as making her wait extends it. If you don't like this, definitely don't drink bothela's tea. :D 

There is another solution:

Spoiler

You can also kill her to break the spell. Though you can't use the ring on her... the mind control prevents that... you must take decisive action with murder in your heart!

Also just a quick pet peeve. If you RTFM you would be "Sure" that this quest came from this mod since it is very near the top: 

DOMINANTS:

Arcadia and Bothela:
Bothering either of these apothecaries may result in you being slipped a love potion. The potion will affect you quite badly for a time before wearing off. Unlike all the others, you may aquire these Mistresses even if you are not a beggar or a whore, and they are well suited for a heroic character who is just too trusting. These encounters are also seperate from the slave training system used by the rest of the scenarios.

I go to the trouble of writing a novella's worth of descriptions and even making videos... I do wish people would use them. ? 

Edited by Tentacus

LOOT flags, Zap8Helper_NMS_Dialogue.esp with an error message:

# Zap8Helper_NMS_Dialogue.esp

- CRC: 450EC6A3
- Load Order Index: FE 0EC
- Attributes: Active, Light Plugin

## Messages

- Error: This plugin contains records that have FormIDs outside the valid range for an ESL plugin\. Using this plugin will cause irreversible damage to your game saves\.

1 hour ago, astor said:

LOOT flags, Zap8Helper_NMS_Dialogue.esp with an error message:

# Zap8Helper_NMS_Dialogue.esp

- CRC: 450EC6A3
- Load Order Index: FE 0EC
- Attributes: Active, Light Plugin

## Messages

- Error: This plugin contains records that have FormIDs outside the valid range for an ESL plugin\. Using this plugin will cause irreversible damage to your game saves\.

Didn't even realize it was flagged as an esl, when this came up before I just assumed the guy was complaining cause he tried to flag it himself. I am just gonna remove the file cause I don't personally use it any more cause it was for an outdated version of Zaz 8 helper, and I probably won't bother to make one for the multiple slave version cause I've simply learned to ignore the unimmersive dialogue when using Z8H... and...

tenor.gif

Edited by Tentacus

Just FYI. The brothel update really truly will be the last one barring a serious bug fix I've noticed other issues beyond the inability to add no aliases to the main script that I think are related to this mod just simply being far too overstuffed. It is a glorious blessed miracle that this ridiculous monstrosity works so well and I refuse to press my luck further.

4 hours ago, Tentacus said:

As for the shop being closed she gave you a key to the shop when she drugged you. You may have to crouch if you have something like simply knock installed to use the key. You are also allowed to be there after hours by her. If the inside door to her room is locked just pick it (I don't think that was a thing but Skyrim can be weird). Either way the night thing isn't even an issue if you time your sleep right. Doesn't matter how many hours you sleep as long as she's in cooldown. Just sleep till the shop is open then haul ass over there.

The spell lasts like 5 days in game. You can sleep to make it go faster. Though each time you wake up you should promptly go fuck her as making her wait extends it. If you don't like this, definitely don't drink bothela's tea. :D 

There is another solution:

Reveal hidden contents

You can also kill her to break the spell. Though you can't use the ring on her... the mind control prevents that... you must take decisive action with murder in your heart!

Also just a quick pet peeve. If you RTFM you would be "Sure" that this quest came from this mod since it is very near the top: 

I go to the trouble of writing a novella's worth of descriptions and even making videos... I do wish people would use them. ? 

I was pretty sure the quest come from here because, as you pointed, it was in the first page and I saw commentaries about this mission too, but when you have a bunch of mods you cann't be totally sure were the interaction comes from.

It's not that I don't like the quest, the unknowledge of how long it will take was bothering me. I just feel is taking too much time.

It's been 3 or 4 days now, so if waiting 12h doesn't have negative consequences for the quest, I'll do it.

19 minutes ago, furel said:

I was pretty sure the quest come from here because, as you pointed, it was in the first page and I saw commentaries about this mission too, but when you have a bunch of mods you cann't be totally sure were the interaction comes from.

It's not that I don't like the quest, the unknowledge of how long it will take was bothering me. I just feel is taking too much time.

It's been 3 or 4 days now, so if waiting 12h doesn't have negative consequences for the quest, I'll do it.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that bacause the accruement of the tardy points for taking too long has to do with the actual cycles of the main script's main real world second based timer that it won't increase while waiting or sleeping, wheras stuff tied to the "gametime" timer will. Conversely this is why the player's personal sex cooldown doesn't decrease while sleeping.