Notice Me Senpai - A Notice Board Addon

Love your mod but I have a problem with casual sex dialogue options. 
If I start a dialogue with a random character for which there are several possible starting lines (pardon... and others), the dialogue is loaded with one line, and after a couple of seconds it updates itself and shows the other line instead. Sometimes it happens twice. Sometimes it happens immediately. Sometimes it happens with a delay. As a result, I have to either scroll the dialogue again, or I click on the wrong line bc the game decided to update it at this very moment. This is quite annoying. In the previous version, I got to the point where I deleted these lines through creation kit, but I don't really want to risk breaking the scripts in the process this time.
Maybe you know any option how to get rid of this problem? 

sorry for my bad english, and thank you for your work 

2 hours ago, MarkStain said:

Love your mod but I have a problem with casual sex dialogue options. 
If I start a dialogue with a random character for which there are several possible starting lines (pardon... and others), the dialogue is loaded with one line, and after a couple of seconds it updates itself and shows the other line instead. Sometimes it happens twice. Sometimes it happens immediately. Sometimes it happens with a delay. As a result, I have to either scroll the dialogue again, or I click on the wrong line bc the game decided to update it at this very moment. This is quite annoying. In the previous version, I got to the point where I deleted these lines through creation kit, but I don't really want to risk breaking the scripts in the process this time.
Maybe you know any option how to get rid of this problem? 

sorry for my bad english, and thank you for your work 

This is just a vanilla issue with random top level dialogue. It has to do with the NPCs hello package and won't just affect casual sex. There are two ways to deal with it.

Option 1: read faster and click it before they finish telling you "I used to be an adventurer like you..." or whatever.

Option 2: wait till they finish and then click on the updated line (The safest to avoid clicking on the wrong thing.)

This is one area where Fallout 4's dialogue system is INFINITELY superior. I know it sucks but now that you understand it you should quickly get a feel for it and stop noticing most of the time. Personally I think this is still better than not seeing the same exact line 10,000 times in a row.

Edited by Tentacus
1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

This is just a vanilla issue with random top level dialogue. It has to do with the NPCs hello package and won't just affect casual sex. There are two ways to deal with it.

Option 1: read faster and click it before they finish telling you "I used to be an adventurer like you..." or whatever.

Option 2: wait till they finish and then click on the updated line (The safest to avoid clicking on the wrong thing.)

This is one area where Fallout 4's dialogue system is INFINITELY superior. I know it sucks but now that you understand it you should quickly get a feel for it and stop noticing most of the time. Personally I think this is still better than not seeing the same exact line 10,000 times in a row.

I'm ok with it in general. But feels kinda bad in dialogues with 10+ options. (all this SL mod love to give new lines to tavern keepers). Kinda breakes immersion for me in the other way. 
Will try to live with it or will patch for my own use.  

Thank you for the quick response

Edited by MarkStain

Since we are already on the same subject, I'd like to report a (personal?) bug as well.

When choosing casual dialogue, with any npc, and then triggering the sex scene (top or bottom), after the deed is done, he/she still follows me around.

The dialogue stays the same ("This is a good spot to do it [SEX] ") and ("Never Mind").

Any ideas what might be causing it?

I tested around a bit, and if a scene took more than 1' the problem surfaces.
If I immediately cut the animation short (pressing END on the keyboard) the dialogue proceeds to the normal tree after the sex ("See you around"/"Bye").

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
I really, really love this mod. You made awesome work here!
The game is unfortunately lacking of quest-like driven adult RPG mods. You are a mega chad for making this.

17 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

Sorry if this has been asked before and i missed it (been away from skyrim for awhile) - What does the pop up containing TOP / BOTTOM that appears after using the causal sex dialogue control?

If the player is the giver or reciever in the sex act where applicable. As with the other scripts this is MOSTLY accurate unless the animator decided to flip the actor order for no good reason which happens (especially in the lesbian animations)

11 minutes ago, Tentacus said:

If the player is the giver or reciever in the sex act where applicable. As with the other scripts this is MOSTLY accurate unless the animator decided to flip the actor order for no good reason which happens (especially in the lesbian animations)

Ah so its just the particular scene that is going to play, thought it might link into the player slavery bit i saw on the first page which i didn't really want to trigger

The world was coming to an end, and soon. Of this Klea was certain. The dragons would burn everything... so what was the point of carrying on? She was in her cups, and in a foul mood. Having achieved her goal of vengence she'd spent several days and nights indulging her desires on the helpless citizens of Whiterun, but it was growing tiresome. She had received orders to move on to Falkreath, but she had little interest in following them. She'd only allied herself with the cursed Stormcloaks to assist in her vengeance.  She'd rather stay in Whiterun and enjoy herself until it was all over.

Then it struck her. The girl who had started at the very bottom now had actual real power. She was a dragonborn, she could do things normal people couldnt. She already had a loyal group of minions, it wouldn't take many more to give her the strength to seize Whiterun for herself. And that's what she did. Over the next few days Klea expanded her personal forces with the downtrodden and every mercenary she could find. She had no trouble paying and equipping them since she had plenty of loot and a skilled armorer as her personal slave. 

The 2nd battle of Whiterun went significantly easier than the first... and then the Bosmer Dragonborn had her throne.

War3.jpg.8a75d047e507f4b721f1f33b0a1bd431.jpg   War4.jpg.2cd850b8c13232beda21bd74ef195b79.jpg   War5.jpg.a34423323b2d843cd5fd14815b3c2a98.jpg

Man this has become some real Game of thrones shit. Still haven't found any new bugs so I'll probably wrap it up soon and take a break from Skyrim, but man has this character been fun.

Klea's rule would only be brief. In time one or both of the armys would destroy her, or perhaps the dragons... but she would take every moment of enjoyment that she could until then. The only members of the former administrations that she allowed to live were Vignar's beautiful Housecarl, Farenger who didn't care who he served, and Balgruuf who she kept as a permanent decoration on the wall. She laughed to herself wondering what Ulfric would think of that.  

2058794075_Whip.jpg.8da9a87c9b72a1c67e7e6f788c3b6e24.jpg  Maid.jpg.4a99d9f84d51024da837448dc356b54f.jpg  Pony.jpg.815c58d317c0509a97a990452e96b53f.jpg

Whip2.jpg.b6b81e05bf20da1ea815bb0001d82f41.jpg   Portrait.jpg.3e456fe38fa12ee5e9726d0d8b40f8bf.jpg

Alright, I think that's that... pretty much. I may still play for a day or 2 but unless I find a major bug I think I'm done with Skyrim for a while. Have fun guys... and iif you have a grand adventure with my mod drop some screenshots of your own.

Edited by Tentacus

Thank you for the wonderful mod! I noticed 1 or 2, 3 problems.

1. The collar of the Bruline and Radiant Clothes is not displayed on the player. I'm playing a male character. Through sseedit I saw that the collar refers to a model from the Devious Devisess set, which I don't have. Could you use a collar only from zaz for now? The collar of Maven and Wunfert is displayed normally.

2. If the player refuses the client and chooses to FIGHT, then the client does not become aggressive. Is this how it should be?

3. There should be no animation in the torture scene of the character, only sound? Maybe there should be a black screen and just sounds, but my characters just stand and atmospheric sounds are played. I use ENB.

8 hours ago, MaxMakar said:

Thank you for the wonderful mod! I noticed 1 or 2, 3 problems.

1. The collar of the Bruline and Radiant Clothes is not displayed on the player. I'm playing a male character. Through sseedit I saw that the collar refers to a model from the Devious Devisess set, which I don't have. Could you use a collar only from zaz for now? The collar of Maven and Wunfert is displayed normally.

Yes you will need the DD meshes for some of the models included in Zaz 8. Same goes for any mod that uses Zaz 8 and references those models. If you don't wanna do that just edit the item to point at a different collar mesh. Personally I just built the DD meshes/textures saved them in their own MO2 folder and deleted everything else having to do with DD.

2. If the player refuses the client and chooses to FIGHT, then the client does not become aggressive. Is this how it should be?

No. It has always worked when I did it but I'l look into it. Anyway...  hit them enough times and they will. :P

3. There should be no animation in the torture scene of the character, only sound? Maybe there should be a black screen and just sounds, but my characters just stand and atmospheric sounds are played. I use ENB.

Yes it's supposed to be blacked out. You are the second person to report this. I wish I knew what the commonality was. What ENB are you using? Do you have any mods that mess with image space modifiers?

Maybe this will help. Oddly enough I use a Rudy variant and the fadeouts work fine for me (Rudy Zangdar IIRC) Also wow... I really don't think ENB presets should be disbling things that are native parts of the game engine used in GAMEPLAY by default. JFC.

Edited by Tentacus
2 hours ago, bubba999 said:

For some reason, paying for sex with Valga or Saadia makes you have sex twice in a row. After the first time, it still has the sex dialog. If you say yes, you get another relationship increase also.

You get the sex and the dismissal dialogue or just the sex dialogue?

12 minutes ago, bubba999 said:

I got the sex dialogue. But, it seems to have cleared up. I'm able to rent other girls normally. Probably just some Sexlab/Skyrim weirdness.

If you have a ginormous amount of mods or didn't delete the loose scripts from version 1.6.0 Script lag could be making the global not update right. :) 

Anyone receiving CTDs when loading a save with mod installed? I've tested this a number of times, and narrowed it to this mod. I'm not sure what could be causing it ( possibly a script conflict, but I don't see anything overwriting it).

1 minute ago, Kanerah said:

Anyone receiving CTDs when loading a save with mod installed? I've tested this a number of times, and narrowed it to this mod. I'm not sure what could be causing it ( possibly a script conflict, but I don't see anything overwriting it).

Sorry, no. Try redownloading and reinstalling as corrupted files can sometimes cause this. Also make sure you don't accidentally have the version with loose scripts installed.

14 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Sorry, no. Try redownloading and reinstalling as corrupted files can sometimes cause this. Also make sure you don't accidentally have the version with loose scripts installed.

My bad, mod works fine. But I could use some help/advice?

With SSEdit I've tried changing conditions in rescue quest from notice board.esp so I don't need to endlessly rely on RNG until I get rescue of specific npc.

In the Quests "Rescue a Citizen",  I found one of the conditions that states

Subject.IsInList(manny_up_list_AvoidNPC [FLST:0302DD81]) = 0.000000 AND

This basically excludes a couple of npcs ( found in FormID List), likely to avoid breaking quests. 

Instead, I've changed parameter to 1, and replaced Form ID of the npcs, so I only get npcs from that list. 

It works, but for some reason if I load a save it crashes the game. 

Any idea what could be causing this?

Edited by Kanerah
1 hour ago, Kanerah said:

My bad, mod works fine. But I could use some help/advice?

With SSEdit I've tried changing conditions in rescue quest from notice board.esp so I don't need to endlessly rely on RNG until I get rescue of specific npc.

In the Quests "Rescue a Citizen",  I found one of the conditions that states

Subject.IsInList(manny_up_list_AvoidNPC [FLST:0302DD81]) = 0.000000 AND

This basically excludes a couple of npcs ( found in FormID List), likely to avoid breaking quests. 

Instead, I've changed parameter to 1, and replaced Form ID of the npcs, so I only get npcs from that list. 

It works, but for some reason if I load a save it crashes the game. 

Any idea what could be causing this?

This will cause you issues cause whenever someone gets rescued MY mod adds them to that list. so they don't get picked again so you will be screwed doing it that way. Better to remove that list from the conditions and add your own.

No idea why it crashes though.

I'm having an issue trying to start your mod. I had 6 quests for "investigation requested" all of which are ending with killed civilians. I also had a run in with an old outdated SL devious lore. Had to uninstall that mod as it was so outdated, and mostly broken. That mod sent me on a quest to rescue a citizen and your mod made her into a slave basically and broke the quest entirely from continuing. I've been eager to start your mod for the past month basically but its never started, would appreciate your input, IK you reply daily, would appreciate a reply. This series of events makes me wonder why notice board and this mod don't have any kind of mod configuration in order to troubleshoot problems etc, I kinda expected notice board to have a configuration menu because that shit is entirely random and continually reuses quests for me, its getting annoying.

3 hours ago, shimmywow said:

I'm having an issue trying to start your mod. I had 6 quests for "investigation requested" all of which are ending with killed civilians.

My mod has no quests in the traditional sense. Whatever you are seeing isn't from me. 

3 hours ago, shimmywow said:

I've I also had a run in with an old outdated SL devious lore. Had to uninstall that mod as it was so outdated, and mostly broken. That mod sent me on a quest to rescue a citizen and your mod made her into a slave basically and broke the quest entirely from continuing.

The only other mod who's NPCs this one should interact with is the Prisoner alias from the notice board. If that other mod somehow uses that alias itself then there is nothing I can do about it (Though that seems unlikely) My mod isn't gonna just "make somebody a slave" unless you take direct actions like wearing the ring of subjugation, or going through a Ratcatcher topic like with Camilla... it should be impossible to do accidentally even with the TNB prisoner.

I have no idea what is going on but it sounds like you have a lot of conflicting mods, I'd suggest trying mine on a new playthrough with fewer sexlab mods installed. This is why multiple profiles exist.

Edited by Tentacus
19 minutes ago, kamidju13 said:

Well maybe it's a dumb question but is there any chance this mod has LE version/conversion?

I don't directly support LE but some users have done it. It may work for you out of the box or not though there may be some issues specifically with the notice board itself. Search back through the thread for more info.

1 hour ago, kamidju13 said:

Well maybe it's a dumb question but is there any chance this mod has LE version/conversion?

Think you'd need to get the LE requirements and then unpack the .BSA that Notice Me Senpai - A Notice Board Addon now comes in (LE/SE .BSA's are different as i recall since to port from LE to SE you have to unpack) but i dont think you have things like textures in this mod as its mainly script files and LE script mods (generally) work straight away in SE so i'd think the same would apply in reverse

Edited by pinky6225