Notice Me Senpai - A Notice Board Addon

24 minutes ago, MissCoriel said:

I captured someone and "trained them" to be a house slave, but when I do that, it goes back to as if I haven't trained them in dialog.  Is there something I can do to change their dialog to what it is supposed to be?

Be more specific. Did they leave the house and resume their normal package? This can happen with some unnamed and templated NPCs. It is also possible that you simply exceeded the max number of house slaves (4) and so one got "fired" automatically, in which case you can rehire them using the normal slave/ex captive dialogue when a slot is open.

1 hour ago, Tentacus said:

Be more specific. Did they leave the house and resume their normal package? This can happen with some unnamed and templated NPCs. It is also possible that you simply exceeded the max number of house slaves (4) and so one got "fired" automatically, in which case you can rehire them using the normal slave/ex captive dialogue when a slot is open.

no, I would make it to where i make them a house slave, they get dressed as normal, but then they have the (start training) part in there and none of the house slave things.

10 hours ago, Nohrin said:

How do you escape enslavement with Wuunferth? Is it by getting a certain obedience score? Or just after a certain amount of time?

It's time thought being obedient, mainly not being late will shorten it. Protip for Wuunferth, get a mod that lets you place a bedroll in his lab.

2 hours ago, Tentacus said:

It's time thought being obedient, mainly not being late will shorten it. Protip for Wuunferth, get a mod that lets you place a bedroll in his lab.

Gotcha. 

As a suggestion, perhaps a method for being released if you are disobedient enough? Like he gets fed up how useless you are, and sends you to some other outcome. Maybe he sells you to another slave owner (more kind one), drops you off somewhere random (potentially dangerous), or hands you over to the guards (vanilla prison, which with certain mods, could take over as another form of consequence)?

I also couldn't get the "fade-to-black" when being punished to work. That might be because I use ENB, but I am not sure.

10 hours ago, physalis said:

Great work! How do I free up captive slots, though? I have 2 houseslaves but get a "captive slots full" message when I try abducting a 3rd NPC.

No idea, and I'm no longer updating mods. 

You might try using the debug ring to clear everything and fire all your slaves... Not an ideal solution but... it's what I got :) 

If there is an issue with the logic of the house slave system and somebody else can fix the script(s) involved I'd be happy to put a patch in the downloads. However it's just as likely that this is just a weird edge case and that the above solution, (Or manually firing both house slaves and starting over hiring them, which is probably the better choice) may work.

• 3 weeks later...

i've seen it mentioned a few times but i'd love to see a version of this mod using missives over notice board! i understand why it hasn't happened though, i imagine it'd almost be like remaking the mod from the ground up. maybe someday though. regardless, thanks for the great mod and all the hard work you put into it ❤️

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Puckman340 said:

How do I end a shift as a whore? Whenever I try talking to a friendly, the dialogue says I'll see them after work.

Hmmm... I don't remember how that dialogue works. Probably disable the whore dialogue with the ring. 

I'll probably start a new Skyrim VR playthrough on my new computer soon (Since Starfield is kinda butt.) so then hopefully I'll be able to answer questions more effectively. As it stands all my mod knowledge has been filed away as non essential, since it's been replaced with Ren' Py knowledge.

3 hours ago, Tentacus said:

Hmmm... I don't remember how that dialogue works. Probably disable the whore dialogue with the ring. 

I'll probably start a new Skyrim VR playthrough on my new computer soon (Since Starfield is kinda butt.) so then hopefully I'll be able to answer questions more effectively. As it stands all my mod knowledge has been filed away as non essential, since it's been replaced with Ren' Py knowledge.

Fair enough. Also, I browsed through the dialog topics in sseedit, and yeah, Wylandriah and Sybille Stendar only have dialogue rejecting you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Puckman340
10 hours ago, Puckman340 said:

Fair enough. Also, I browsed through the dialog topics in sseedit, and yeah, Wylandriah and Sybille Stendar only have dialogue rejecting you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Intentional. Don't remember the latter but it was my opinion that Sybille is simply too dangerous and would crush you like a grape. IIRC There are actually lots of people who will always refuse, or nearly always... some of those you can use Hypnotic gaze on, some not. I just felt for Sybille she was worth having specific flavor text about it.

Edited by Tentacus
On 10/26/2023 at 5:37 AM, Tentacus said:

Intentional. Don't remember the latter but it was my opinion that Sybille is simply too dangerous and would crush you like a grape. IIRC There are actually lots of people who will always refuse, or nearly always... some of those you can use Hypnotic gaze on, some not. I just felt for Sybille she was worth having specific flavor text about it.

I thought of this as a path to becoming a vampire.  Something like you notice what she is and you wish to see the night as she does.  So she takes you and infects you and uses you for the 3 days it takes to turn then releases you.

Firstly I want to say I really have enjoyed your mods for Skyrim and Fallout. I have noticed you mention before to go ahead and make edits or patches, I've be learning more about coding recently and wanted to get into mod creation and scripting and was wondering if you had any good recommendations for resources for to learn Skyrim/Fallout modding and scripting? 

On 5/22/2023 at 3:09 AM, Tentacus said:

Added in version 1.6.2

-Removed Casual dialogue from followers and other inappropriate NPCs

-Fixed broken Cuck and family dialogue

-Other bug fixes

How do you remove the CASUAL SEX and Surprise Me dialogue from even more NPCs? It feels strange to have these dialogue options with the statue of Mara (from Alternate Start). Is this dialogue an essential part of the mod? Perhaps it's possible to create a condition depending on a global variable, then set that variable to 0 or 1 with the console so you can go about playing without the dialogue, except when you need it to progress some quest? I don't know very well how conditions work in dialogue. Have tried to "hack" these before with xEdit but results were inconsistent. If conditions need to be set in the quest record instead, I'm even more clueless ;)

20 hours ago, petronius said:

How do you remove the CASUAL SEX and Surprise Me dialogue from even more NPCs? It feels strange to have these dialogue options with the statue of Mara (from Alternate Start). Is this dialogue an essential part of the mod? Perhaps it's possible to create a condition depending on a global variable, then set that variable to 0 or 1 with the console so you can go about playing without the dialogue, except when you need it to progress some quest? I don't know very well how conditions work in dialogue. Have tried to "hack" these before with xEdit but results were inconsistent. If conditions need to be set in the quest record instead, I'm even more clueless ;)

You can disable the global with the ring of debuggery. I can't account for "actors" like the statue added by mods. The only vanilla edge case like this I found was the door to the Dark Brotherhood sanctum and IIRC, it wasn't worth trying to fix.

21 hours ago, darklord2012 said:

Firstly I want to say I really have enjoyed your mods for Skyrim and Fallout. I have noticed you mention before to go ahead and make edits or patches, I've be learning more about coding recently and wanted to get into mod creation and scripting and was wondering if you had any good recommendations for resources for to learn Skyrim/Fallout modding and scripting? 

I learned a lot from the modding forum in the LL Fallout 4 section, sadly I don't think there is an equivilent in the Skyrim forums. The Nexus modding forum... CAN be useful at times. Otherwise mainly Youtube videos like those by Darkfox127 and others. There are no shortage of tutorials around you just gotta find the ones that work for you. You'll be referencing Bethesda's own resources on the CK and Papyrus a lot so book mark them and get comfortable navigating them. 

Edited by Tentacus
15 hours ago, Tentacus said:

You can disable the global with the ring of debuggery. I can't account for "actors" like the statue added by mods. The only vanilla edge case like this I found was the door to the Dark Brotherhood sanctum and IIRC, it wasn't worth trying to fix.

Nice, good to know. Hadn't tried it on yet, somehow I misread its usage and thought it was some sort of content enabler, but no, it's a full menu - great, thanks!

15 hours ago, Tentacus said:

I learned a lot from the modding forum in the LL Fallout 4 section, sadly I don't think there is an equivilent in the Skyrim forums.

Skyrim LL has been such a school over the many years. Perhaps there are other places with more structured instructions, but his forum is a treasure trove of insights if you're willing to get hands-on and experiment.

BTW I posted on DoubleCheeseburger's xVASynth Based Mod Voicification Thread that I made a voice pack for this mod with VAsynth. Took me the best part of 2 days but it's finished. After refuzzing, it's still 6+ Gb, cause there's so many lines I couldn't put the time in to trim it down to only the strictly necessary voiced lines. So I just batch generated for every voice in DC's script. As I posted there, I don't have the means to host a permanent link to those archives, so I invited someone who can to download in order to share. If you want I can send you a mega link by DM, knowing I'll have to remove it later or let it die. But if you have cloud space to spare, you could share your own upload here, that's what would make the most sense anyways. And thanks for keeping the fun in this "ageing" but awesome game

3 hours ago, Z The Destroyer said:

could it work with missives instead or only notice board?

DESCRIPTION:
NMS started out as an addon for The Notice Board SE by MannyGT but has evolved into a much more robust roleplaying mod. However the NB stuff is pretty baked in so you're stuck with the requirement. :) 

This is it folks... for real. I am terrified to even add dialogue at this point so it is duuuunzo.

It might be possible to convert this mod to missives but it'll have to be done by somebody who A: Still makes Bethesda mods, and B: Wants the feature enough to risk almost certainly breaking the shit out of this mod and debugging that for 6 months. 

Anybody who wants to try has my blessing just give credit, point at this version, and don't half ass it. :)

Edited by Tentacus

I just want to thank you for this amazing mod, it has way more features and details than one can expect from reading the title and first two paragraphs of its description, which makes it a bit underrated. And the best part is you keep replying to comments here despite not doing modding stuff atm instead of randomly vanishing or deleting your work ? I can only hope that one day you find time and motivation to add even more roleplaying stuff :)