[Guide] How to download mods off this site

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Why is this site sooooooooooooo difficult to download from?? I am - once again - getting an error message 'sorry we can't do that',,,,contact admin etc etc. Why? Why can't you do 'that' ? Just make the downloads work, already!

I can download fine... Maybe it's on your end, what mod's giving you the problem?

Why is this site sooooooooooooo difficult to download from?? I am - once again - getting an error message 'sorry we can't do that',,,,contact admin etc etc. Why? Why can't you do 'that' ? Just make the downloads work, already!

And why do you assume that the problem is on this end?  Especially when you don't provide jack shit for information, such as your service provider, virus scanner and web browser and its version.

Typical.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hiya I know its fun to make light of people that know less than you about one topic however I came to this thread because I was looking for a "how to" download instead of bugging anyone because the mod I wanted to download had 4 files in it.  When I download from nexus manually it often has multiple options of the same mod of which you download one and not the others.  This mod "sexual attraction" for skyrim has 4 files with no description so when I load them I don't know if there is a load order or if I'm asked to overwrite if I should do it or not.  I came here to see if there is a general procedure and was a little taken back by the first few responses.  I don't expect those folks to come back and read this but I hope others that may happen upon this post to maybe think before posting.  Cheers

Most mods have a readme.txt that explains pretty much everything.  Some give the explanation in the OP of the mod.  No one is making fun of anyone, but it is beyond frustrating to take the time to write a "how to" and not have folks read it.  After the first 50 times someone asks you something that is clearly spelled out, you get a bit testy.........human nature and all that.   ;)

If you truly come across a mod that does not have any explanation on the page or in the download, then post in the support thread for that mod.  You'll get a faster response.

Cheers,

Greg

I was wondering what are the steps to be taken here. Such as above all what is the 1st mod to download in order to begin downloading other mods. I'm looking to get Devious Devices but I need to know what is the first step to take, I currently have nothing but I know the Devious Devices requires other mods which those do as well, so I'm more looking for help on where to being. Also, I'm hoping to get mods from the Steam Workshop, such as more weapons and worlds, but will those mods possibly go against current ones from here?And I'm more referring to the bonus weapons and worlds inter-phasing with the sex mods here.

I am not sure what changes have been made, but I was able to download from the site for quite a long time. Then, I began to sporadically run into error pages after the page counted down. Now I get the error every time I attempt a download, for FO3, FONV, and Oblivion. It is a little frustrating.

I appreciate the work that goes into the mods, and to maintaining the site without membership fees. I just fail to understand exactly why this issue persists, and why it seems to have gotten progressively worse.

Well, I know plenty about my setup, using 3 different computers to access the site, all with the same issue. I am using satellite internet, not using a firewall other than the one integrated into my netgear router. I have almost always used Firefox to access the site, although Google Chrome has also been used.

As for the error, it looks like it might be related to the sites bandwidth, because I can occasionally smaller files like .esp's, but data files, and compressed files, seem to always trigger the errors. I have been involved in web design and programming for almost 20 years now, and I can reasonably assess that the issue is on the sites end. It is possible that my ISP could have put restrictions that I am not aware of, but that seems highly unlikely, that they might specifically target LL, and nothing else.

If there was some specific info you need, I can certainly provide that info.

• 5 months later...

I am having problem with download section this week, it's the same internet I am using, usually it was working fine. and the same files in the attachments works fine, but if it's on download section, it's super slow, and speed drops 0 after awhile, sometimes the file is incomplete and broken when I finish downloading.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...