Ever since 2.3, I can't seem to get transformation to change tattoos. The overlays on the preset load in, then are immediately overwritten by the slavetats mcm. I assume this has something to do with whatever was done for compatibility with slavetats, but whatever it is has made it impossible to have separate tattoo settings for mortal and succubus forms. Is there a workaround that I've missed?

9 hours ago, Hakuna_Matata said:

Typo: It's "Compatibilities" or "Compatibility", not "Compatabilities".

Another typo: "this sets teh amount of Energy lost on a daily basis"

teh -> the

Deadly Hunger has as description "Deadly Hunger", which is not helpful.

Maybe something like "Enable periodic health damage from Hunger"?

Thanks, will be fixed soon.

8 hours ago, Hakuna_Matata said:

This may need some balancing. Getting raped by three bandits and a giant gave me level 90 in like a minute.

Was this in one scene, or multiple back to back? With default settings you would need to drain 10,394 health total, or half that if deadly. So those 4 enemies would need to have an average of 12,992.5(6,496.25 if deadly) base health each. Assuming I'm doing my math correctly.

It does probably need some balancing, but I'm not sure if what you saw was a bug, an incompatibility with another mod or if it was working as intended and is simply a balancing issue. I'll do more testing.

Edit: There's definitely a bug. When draining to death it's multiplying by both the energy conversion multiplier AND the xp multiplier for drain to death. Other balancing may still be needed.

Edit2: XP for next level also doesn't seem to be getting calculated correctly.

Edit3: I think that balance wise, setting XP power to 2 is pretty decent. It may break down at higher levels, but I'll make this the default for now.

Final Edit: All these issues should be fixed in 3.0.1. You'll have to manually change XP Power to 2 in the MCM if you want to receive that change though.

7 hours ago, Talesien said:

AKA "new Game required"? Just making sure as 'new save' is ... let's say kinda ambiguous.

Yes.

2 hours ago, thecubist said:

Ever since 2.3, I can't seem to get transformation to change tattoos. The overlays on the preset load in, then are immediately overwritten by the slavetats mcm. I assume this has something to do with whatever was done for compatibility with slavetats, but whatever it is has made it impossible to have separate tattoo settings for mortal and succubus forms. Is there a workaround that I've missed?

After the transform, I call a SlaveTats update on the player, which is why the settings for SlaveTats override the preset. I've specifically seen this if slavetats is managing/knowledgeable about the tattoos even though the were added through the RaceMenu. To fix it for Lewdmarks, I uninstalled the SlaveTats integration for that tattoo mod specifically. Once I did that, SlaveTats showed something like "Controlled by external source" in its MCM for those body slots. I'm not sure if there is another way or a better way to apply the SlaveTats added tattoos without effecting the RaceMenu tattoos.

Edited by phalancks
21 minutes ago, phalancks said:

After the transform, I call a SlaveTats update on the player, which is why the settings for SlaveTats override the preset. I've specifically seen this if slavetats is managing/knowledgeable about the tattoos even though the were added through the RaceMenu. To fix it for Lewdmarks, I uninstalled the SlaveTats integration for that tattoo mod specifically. Once I did that, SlaveTats showed something like "Controlled by external source" in its MCM for those body slots. I'm not sure if there is another way or a better way to apply the SlaveTats added tattoos without effecting the RaceMenu tattoos.

Ended up uninstalling slavetats and leaving the texture packs in. The slavetats tattoos get saved in racemenu presets and everything seems to work fine now.

8 hours ago, phalancks said:

Thanks, will be fixed soon.

Was this in one scene, or multiple back to back? With default settings you would need to drain 10,394 health total, or half that if deadly. So those 4 enemies would need to have an average of 12,992.5(6,496.25 if deadly) base health each. Assuming I'm doing my math correctly.

It does probably need some balancing, but I'm not sure if what you saw was a bug, an incompatibility with another mod or if it was working as intended and is simply a balancing issue. I'll do more testing.

Hmm. Well I'm playing a very particular setup currently. I'm playing on Legendary difficulty with the Revenge of the Enemies mod which makes most enemies much stronger.

This was in several scenes. I'm using Alternate Start and started as Vigilant of Stendarr, which makes you spawn in the Hall of the Vigilants.

Outside there is the Red Road Pass with giants being attacked by bandits. That's where it happened.

I'm also trying out Yamete Kudetai in this playthrough.

I was level 1.

Basically one giant and one mammoth were enough to put me over level 100.

This is probably not your fault and I can just reduce the gains in the MCM.

5 hours ago, Hakuna_Matata said:

Hmm. Well I'm playing a very particular setup currently. I'm playing on Legendary difficulty with the Revenge of the Enemies mod which makes most enemies much stronger.

This was in several scenes. I'm using Alternate Start and started as Vigilant of Stendarr, which makes you spawn in the Hall of the Vigilants.

Outside there is the Red Road Pass with giants being attacked by bandits. That's where it happened.

I'm also trying out Yamete Kudetai in this playthrough.

I was level 1.

Basically one giant and one mammoth were enough to put me over level 100.

This is probably not your fault and I can just reduce the gains in the MCM.

Legendary difficulty probably boosts the enemy HP by a lot. And giants and mammoths probably have a lot of HP even vanilla, idk about Revenge of the Enemies. Decreasing the XP Constant might help, as would lowering the XP conversion rate. You can find a spreadsheet on this site for testing different XP Constant and Power settings.

I've got a problem with tooltips in mcm menu after updating to 3.0. Every title in CoL settings has weird $ before them and all caps. Anyone know how to fix this? It's not crucial but kinda hard to operate through menus 

New save and installed new requirement. 

Edited by oafiomaxislv
2 hours ago, oafiomaxislv said:

I've got a problem with tooltips in mcm menu after updating to 3.0. Every title in CoL settings has weird $ before them and all caps. Anyone know how to fix this? It's not crucial but kinda hard to operate through menus 

New save and installed new requirement. 

Seems like a translation file issue. 3.0.1 should provide translation files for all the other languages but I could've missed one as well. Check that you have the right translation file for the language your game is in.

I wonder why you get the buffs only in transformed form.

You probably want to give people a reason to be in transformed form, and I get that.

But now it's basically suicidal to not be in transformed form when being in potentially dangerous situations, isn't it?

I have less than half my health and magicka when I'm not transformed.

I can basically stay in transformed form all the time, obviously, but then why have a transformation feature in the first place?

How do you roleplay your own mod?

Is this supposed to be a Superman / Clark Kent type deal?

Edited by Hakuna_Matata
11 hours ago, phalancks said:

Seems like a translation file issue. 3.0.1 should provide translation files for all the other languages but I could've missed one as well. Check that you have the right translation file for the language your game is in.

Yes, 3.0.1 fixed my issue. Thank you! 

5 hours ago, Hakuna_Matata said:

I wonder why you get the buffs only in transformed form.

You probably want to give people a reason to be in transformed form, and I get that.

But now it's basically suicidal to not be in transformed form when being in potentially dangerous situations, isn't it?

I have less than half my health and magicka when I'm not transformed.

I can basically stay in transformed form all the time, obviously, but then why have a transformation feature in the first place?

How do you roleplay your own mod?

Is this supposed to be a Superman / Clark Kent type deal?

The balancing feature is meant to be the energy cost while transformed. At start it will last for about 1.5 minutes. As you gain a larger energy pool, you can stay transformed longer. Each Energy Storage rank provides an additional 10 seconds. You can configure the energy cost of transformation to however you think feels best though. I've considered having a perk that reduces the energy cost of transformation, and the other perks increase the cost of the transformation, but that just sounds like a perk tax and I'm not totally sold on the idea. The other balancing option is to enable Transformation is a Crime. This should make you be attacked in the same way that the werewolf transformation does. Also, the Base Transform Buffs aren't really meant to be used if you want balance. They're mostly there for people who just want to be OP without investment or don't want to bother with the perk system.

I kind of think of it more like a Super Saiyan 3 type of transformation. It's meant to be powerful but only able to be used for a limited time before the drain forces you back to normal form and you have to feed again.  As for the roleplay aspect, when I was thinking about doing a quest the plan was going to be to have you summon a daedra of some kind and bind it to your body. The kind of daedra you chose to summon would be your starting Path, and the transformation I think of as like letting the daedra take control for a bit or sort of mantling its power more fully. Early game the transformation feels useful but limited, but I haven't played super late game to really test the upper ends of the transformation balance yet.

2 hours ago, Kotex33 said:

Hey dude great stuff :)
Any chance to make it so that transformation starts at start of sl scene?

I think it should be possible in a limited form. I don't know if the equipment swap will work, as it might break stripping in scenes, will need to test. And the animation definitely won't work, but the smoke effect should still be able to play. Added to the list.

Good news everyone, after testing and looking at the Proteus description page, which uses a similar system as I do, it seems like FSMP fixed the crashing issues with using SMP enabled body parts in presets.

It seems like it's working fine, I've been using an SMP tail in my preset and had a lot of people report it's working.

@Neroth654 I believe 3.0.2 should fix the issue you were having with races changing after loading a save.

Edited by phalancks
On 4/15/2023 at 9:02 AM, phalancks said:

Good news everyone, after testing and looking at the Proteus description page, which uses a similar system as I do, it seems like FSMP fixed the crashing issues with using SMP enabled body parts in presets.

It seems like it's working fine, I've been using an SMP tail in my preset and had a lot of people report it's working.

@Neroth654 I believe 3.0.2 should fix the issue you were having with races changing after loading a save.

Heyy, cool, thanks man ! Gotta try as soon as I play, thanks ! :D

27 minutes ago, WilliamTheGirl said:

I can't seem to get the MCM to show up. I saw earlier in the thread that you mentioned a patch for Devious Devices, which I am using, but I don't know if the patch is a separate download. If it is, can someone point me to where it is? Thanks!

I had the same, downloading NL MCM fixed it for me :)

1 hour ago, WilliamTheGirl said:

I can't seem to get the MCM to show up. I saw earlier in the thread that you mentioned a patch for Devious Devices, which I am using, but I don't know if the patch is a separate download. If it is, can someone point me to where it is? Thanks!

Devious Devices no longer requires a patch, I think I made that change in 2.0 to do compatibilities differently. Make sure you have all the requirements listed here:

iWant Widgets  
JContainers SE  
NL_MCM - A Modular MCM Framework  
powerofthree's Tweaks  
RaceMenu  

SkyUI

SKSE

41 minutes ago, Neroth654 said:

I had the same, downloading NL MCM fixed it for me :)

I just realized that I didn't add a requirements section to the description in the rework. I'll have to fix that.

3 hours ago, WilliamTheGirl said:

Yeah that fixed it, I can't see it mentioned as a requirement anywhere in the description though? How blind am I being?

It was under the Updating to 3.0 header as well as in the Requires section in the sidebar, but I added a Requirements heading to the description as well. I had accidentally removed it when I updated the description for 3.0

Hey guys,
I run Cot /Ostim NG and OSL Aroused all up to date.

In game i set hunger arousal set it to 50.
I pass time till I have 0 energy, I wait 1 minute, i go check arousal in OSL menu, and it's doesnt move....

OSL seems to work because arousal raise very slowly with this own settings.

What am i missing ?