Count to 1,000,000

16 minutes ago, donttouchmethere said:

maybe it helps to watch 8112 lemmings jumping over a cliff? ⛰️??

at least Walt Disney loved to watch that ??

Thanks for that reminder of animal cruelty. Now I have 8113 reasons to loathe Diz-knee. And don't take their properly spelled name in vain! Do you want to get sued?!

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, worik said:

... because the 8117 most expensive ones are excluded and govern the work of those who are at home now? ? It must be hard to be a chieftain without any underlings.

It's truly a good thought but it overlooks the 8118 politicians and political appointees that have the most highly paid jobs of all and are not "Furloughed"!

11 minutes ago, Psalam said:

It's truly a good thought but it overlooks the 8118 politicians and political appointees that have the most highly paid jobs of all and are not "Furloughed"!

It is said the lowest pay of one of those is 8119 USD per day ... but surely that's only a rumor. I couldn't imagine any of those would work for such a morsel.

Spoiler
2 hours ago, worik said:

It is said the lowest pay of one of those is 8119 USD per day ... but surely that's only a rumor. I couldn't imagine any of those would work for such a morsel.

Actually the US President would only have to work 50 days at 8120 dollars per day to make his official salary. Wait, do you think he actually works that many? ?

Spoiler
12 minutes ago, worik said:

Maybe they have a rule: at the 8121st day in office you have to start to do something good in return for your salary.

Maybe that's why they limited the duration for this type of job.

You're right, of course. The 2922 days that a US President is allowed to serve is far less than the 8122+ that members of the legislative and judicial branches can, and have, served.

5 minutes ago, Psalam said:

that members of the legislative and judicial branches can, and have, served.

I think, they will limit that duty, too. 8123 days at the most. Otherwise, they would be too much in danger of doing something good by random accident. Unthinkable.

Spoiler
13 hours ago, worik said:

I think, they will limit that duty, too. 8123 days at the most. Otherwise, they would be too much in danger of doing something good by random accident. Unthinkable.

Even if they took 8124 votes on each of those days the chances of them not making things worse, instead of better, is infinitesimal.

9 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Even if they took 8124 votes on each of those days the chances of them not making things worse, instead of better, is infinitesimal.

By common math, this would require a minimum of  8125 lucky events ??? or major selfless deeds  :classic_angel: per day to compensate a single one of those bad decisions. ?

Spoiler
16 minutes ago, worik said:

By common math, this would require a minimum of  8125 lucky events ??? or major selfless deeds  :classic_angel: per day to compensate a single one of those bad decisions. ?

Even using calculus (much less common math) it is hard to see how they could help the majority when they are so in the pockets of their  >8126 donors.

12 minutes ago, Psalam said:

to try to get those numbers closer together.

:classic_biggrin: Not sure if it helps to compensate for the loss of numbers, but at least for the aforementioned gap the numbers

• 252 and

are now accounted for. If each and every of the 8127 readers in this thread will do the same we won't have to worry :classic_rolleyes:

Spoiler
5 minutes ago, worik said:

:classic_biggrin: Not sure if it helps to compensate for the loss of numbers, but at least for the aforementioned gap the numbers

• 252 and

are now accounted for. If each and every of the 8127 readers in this thread will do the same we won't have to worry :classic_rolleyes:

Oddly, if you remove the first digit (leaving 127) and multiply it by 64 (2**6) you get our next contestant 8128.

10 minutes ago, CPU said:

8127 times I explained that the number of posts does not match because all posts that do not contain the number are hidden.

That must have been at lot of work for the 8129 moderators of LL to read each post thoroughly and take action where necessary. ?

Or is it that I am mistaken and we only have 8 full and a 129/1000th part time moderators? ?