@botticelli - Tried the BSA version of BAC SE (1.5.97)...

Seems to be a lot of textures missing e.g. cowbells. Going to try the loose version today.

Also as I was playing, more and more of the MCM became unusable. Started with tabs like the one to view mutations on cows not opening, ended up I coudl not access any tab for the mod. Clicking on them left a blank MCM. Again will see what happens with the loose version.

6 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

It does :)

2 hours ago, Obryanov said:

That's unfortunate, but I could have sworn Corruption does this somehow.

No, it does not. It uses the same technique just exchanging the femalehead.nif. I know, because I copied it from there... Corruption has one face for obese people, one face for orally addicted and one for both addictions. You can easily check that, because in RaceMenu under the "Head" tab, the FaceParts are selectable.

Edited by botticelli
7 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

@botticelli - Tried the BSA version of BAC SE (1.5.97)...

Seems to be a lot of textures missing e.g. cowbells. Going to try the loose version today.

Also as I was playing, more and more of the MCM became unusable. Started with tabs like the one to view mutations on cows not opening, ended up I coudl not access any tab for the mod. Clicking on them left a blank MCM. Again will see what happens with the loose version.

It's *not* two versions. You need to install all three archives (bac_2.0.8_SE.7z, bac_2.0.8_SE_loose_files.7z, *and* bac_2.0.8_LE+SE_tats.7z). The reason for this is LoversLab file limit. I cannot pack that up in one file because it will be larger than the 250MB limit.

Edited by botticelli

Speaking of things not found by the bsa packer ? There's still something missing in that package. I copied a script to have the NPC face tint fixed after applying a cow head. Since that is a hidden global script, it's not attached to anything. Here it is:

TintTools.pex-> data\scripts and optionallyTintTools.psc-> data\scripts\source

Edited by botticelli
5 hours ago, botticelli said:

No, it does not. It uses the same technique just exchanging the femalehead.nif. I know, because I copied it from there... Corruption has one face for obese people, one face for orally addicted and one for both addictions. You can easily check that, because in RaceMenu under the "Head" tab, the FaceParts are selectable.

Well, I wasn't actually referring to those. Maybe it was something left unused in the final product, but one of the transformations like insect or monster transformations had head and mouth parts listed, they just point at normal meshes while changing only textures from what I've seen. I've never triggered them or tried messing with relevant entries, so, I'm not sure. I'll try it later anyway just in case.

I'll devise a bandaid fix on my own end (merging head and face meshes) if nothing works out. Sadly not the kind of fix that can be shared and used by others as is.

22 minutes ago, Obryanov said:

Well, I wasn't actually referring to those. Maybe it was something left unused in the final product, but one of the transformations like insect or monster transformations had head and mouth parts listed, they just point at normal meshes while changing only textures from what I've seen. I've never triggered them or tried messing with relevant entries, so, I'm not sure. I'll try it later anyway just in case.

I'll devise a bandaid fix on my own end (merging head and face meshes) if nothing works out. Sadly not the kind of fix that can be shared and used by others as is.

Ah, you mean the anthropomorphic transformations. Those use invisible ArmorAddons to actually apply texture overlays. As to why, I do not know, because adding those with NiOverride directly is much easier in my opinion.

Just wanted to report something that might or might not be specific to my Windows or/and mods used, but the new Build for SE 2.0.8 uses packed xwm sound files in a BSA, it shouldn't be a problem but for me it turned that it was, the game would crash every time my cow tried do defecate, after checking the differences from old version the only plausible one was, the sound file format.

I tried running the game with BSA packed and unpacked,
it didn't help the crash, btw. NetScriptFramework was pointing at XAudio2_7.dll+2CD25 which is DirectX audio library,
I tried a few solutions and in the last ditch attempt I deleted the xwm files and pasted wav ones from 2.0.6 update.

6 hours ago, AepSidh said:

Just wanted to report something that might or might not be specific to my Windows or/and mods used, but the new Build for SE 2.0.8 uses packed xwm sound files in a BSA, it shouldn't be a problem but for me it turned that it was, the game would crash every time my cow tried do defecate, after checking the differences from old version the only plausible one was, the sound file format.

I tried running the game with BSA packed and unpacked,
it didn't help the crash, btw. NetScriptFramework was pointing at XAudio2_7.dll+2CD25 which is DirectX audio library,
I tried a few solutions and in the last ditch attempt I deleted the xwm files and pasted wav ones from 2.0.6 update.

Seems to be a "feature" by the bsa packer of the CK. The files are all wav in my directory. I put up the 2.0.8 sounds archive on the download page since with 2.0.6 sounds you'll be missing some.

2 hours ago, Alisss said:

Not sure if this is a recent thing (aka version 2.0.8), but BAC doesn't show up in my Mod Menu? All of the items are in the game but the mod doesn't seem to be registering or something.

Maybe you're using SkyrimAE, and it got a new update on DEC 5 that requires new SKSE64 and compatible mods.

Ignore if it is Skyrim LE or you are using a version lock, SkyrimSE 1.5.  Your issue is something else.

4 hours ago, jacobrox5656 said:

Anyone know the id of lactaid?

Lactaid is a milk enzyme brand from McNeil Consumer Healthcare.

In game console, you can use:

help "Lactacid"

XX = the host plugin load order ID in HEX number.

Milk Mod Economy: MME_Lactacid "Lactacid" [ALCH:XX0343F2]

BAC:  Do not know which one triggers the curse.

bac_Lactacid "Blended Lactacid" [ALCH:XX0C501F]   

or

bac_LactacidDummy "Blended Lactacid" [MISC:XX0C5582]

Beats head on desk 

Darn steam. Apparently, at some point despite having it set to not update unless launched and not launching it for a good month, it updated on Dec 5 and screwed up the files. So, I downloaded the updated "Best of both worlds" patch downgrader and put it back to SE 1.5x version, but now the blasted program CTD"s on just trying to load into the main menu. Can't be BAC causing it either because I disabled it and all it's dependencies in my mods just to test. So, now, there's one of my many mods potentially causing it and no clue at all which one it could be xD.

To think, it was all working just fine before and now it's gone all to hell and no clue how to go about troubleshooting it other than enabling mod after mod one after the other, which many have branching dependencies which will make that an absolute nightmare.

14 minutes ago, Seiferlord said:

Beats head on desk 

Darn steam. Apparently, at some point despite having it set to not update unless launched and not launching it for a good month, it updated on Dec 5 and screwed up the files. So, I downloaded the updated "Best of both worlds" patch downgrader and put it back to SE 1.5x version, but now the blasted program CTD"s on just trying to load into the main menu. Can't be BAC causing it either because I disabled it and all it's dependencies in my mods just to test. So, now, there's one of my many mods potentially causing it and no clue at all which one it could be xD.

To think, it was all working just fine before and now it's gone all to hell and no clue how to go about troubleshooting it other than enabling mod after mod one after the other, which many have branching dependencies which will make that an absolute nightmare.

Use the full downgrader. Tbh, Skyrim has been more stable for me with the full downgrade than when I was using BoBW. Shows the quality of CC stuff... :D

8 minutes ago, ebbluminous said:

Use the full downgrader. Tbh, Skyrim has been more stable for me with the full downgrade than when I was using BoBW. Shows the quality of CC stuff... :D

I would, but if I'm not mistaken, I believe the alternate start patch requires some form of AE in place in order for it to even work, due to it's dependency on the unofficial skyrim community patch. At least I think that's the reason I used the best of both worlds in the first place.

Hate doing that carriage start every time I try a new game, especially when testing mods.

13 minutes ago, Seiferlord said:

I would, but if I'm not mistaken, I believe the alternate start patch requires some form of AE in place in order for it to even work, due to it's dependency on the unofficial skyrim community patch. At least I think that's the reason I used the best of both worlds in the first place.

Hate doing that carriage start every time I try a new game, especially when testing mods.

What version do you have? I have 4.1.4 and that works ok

Edit: Link to v4.1.4 https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/272?tab=files&file_id=175926

Edited by ebbluminous