SexLab Framework Development

9 minutes ago, Ashal said:

I already consider 500 more than enough, increasing it to 750 next version feels like overkill to me. I know there's plenty of animations out now that make filling that number doable, but every animation increase slows the mod down significantly all around... The animation filtering/search at the start of every sex animation is by far the slowest part of SexLab. Everybody asking for more animation slots are essentially asking me to make the mod perform increasingly worse. Animations are already slow to start with 500 animations installed, increasing it even further from 750 feels ridiculous.

At a certain point, the number of animations that can be installed is ridiculous and the player is better served by simply being more selective of the animations they install rather than installing everything they can find.

But players will always want more, even if it isn't in their best interests... so we'll see what happens going forward...

I don't really know how the framework works, however... assuming that at the moment it looks through a list of 500 animations and their tags, etc., and that part is slow, you could have multiple lists for 1 actor, 2 actors, 3 actors, 4+ actors and each of them have ~500 animations. That should be faster since then you could do an early check of of how many actors are involved in the animation before doing deeper search for all the different tag requirements.

55 minutes ago, Ashal said:

In any case, next versions limit WILL be at least 750, possibly upwards of 1000. But I make this change begrudgingly, knowing how badly it's going to affect the mod's performance for anybody who makes use of it.  

Just stopping by to thank you for the definite confirmation of Sexlab SE. First time I have seen it - and it will open the floodgates on SE mods.

Zaz Animation Pack is one that really needs it.

Really glad the site update looks stable now - and gives you some time to code!

10 minutes ago, Ashal said:

I already consider 500 more than enough, increasing it to 750 next version feels like overkill to me. I know there's plenty of animations out now that make filling that number doable, but every animation increase slows the mod down significantly all around... Everybody asking for more animation slots are essentially asking me to make the mod perform increasingly worse. Animations are already slow to start with 500 animations installed, increasing it even further from 750 feels ridiculous.

At a certain point, the number of animations that can be installed is ridiculous and the player is better served by simply being more selective of the animations they install rather than installing everything they can find create.:tounge_wink:

But players will always want more, even if it isn't in their best interests... so we'll see what happens going forward...

slow is fine, it's crashing that's bad, but yes i get your point.

but i still want to flood Skyrim with a 1000 dragon sex orgy.

If we kept the limit to 500 or 750 but made more categories would that solve the search problem? Rather than just having 500 sex animations have it split into oral/anal/vaginal/group for instance?

I haven't done any programming for years so I realise this might be difficult/imposible to impliment. It was just a thought.

23 minutes ago, Fredfish said:

If we kept the limit to 500 or 750 but made more categories would that solve the search problem? Rather than just having 500 sex animations have it split into oral/anal/vaginal/group for instance?

I haven't done any programming for years so I realise this might be difficult/imposible to impliment. It was just a thought.

I suggested that 3 posts ago but using number or actors instead... categorizing by oral/anal/etc. will be difficult because stage one of the animation can be oral and then swap to vaginal for stage two which makes the animation both oral and vaginal as the tags are applied to the entire animation I believe.

18 hours ago, Ashal said:

In any case, next versions limit WILL be at least 750, possibly upwards of 1000. But I make this change begrudgingly, knowing how badly it's going to affect the mod's performance for anybody who makes use of it.  

Maybe it is possible to move filtering and animation management from Papyrus to the SKSE part of Sexlab? Most of the things that have to be done are tag- and property handling. That is much faster and easier in C++.

16 minutes ago, zaira said:

Maybe it is possible to move filtering and animation management from Papyrus to the SKSE part of Sexlab? Most of the things that have to be done are tag- and property handling. That is much faster and easier in C++.

I think that possibility was considered some time ago but Ashal said while it would pratically remove the delay when starting anims as it would be much faster with a SKSE plugin, it would also break all existing SL mods and would require them to be updated, leaving no-longer-supported mods unusable with that hypothetical version of SL onwards.

Could be wrong about this, though, so don't quote me on it.

2 hours ago, Blaze69 said:

I think that possibility was considered some time ago but Ashal said while it would pratically remove the delay when starting anims as it would be much faster with a SKSE plugin, it would also break all existing SL mods and would require them to be updated, leaving no-longer-supported mods unusable with that hypothetical version of SL onwards.

Could be wrong about this, though, so don't quote me on it.

Only if SL interfaces changes - but implementation not. However - the main problem is : Oldrim is somehow EOL - is it really worth to spend time to do re-factorings or not?

For my own mods the answer is clear: as long as there are no real alternatives every effort is legitimate...

2 hours ago, monsta88 said:

Hello Devs,

it is probably far to late too ask for features, but maybe you will consider. :)

I think you got the wrong thread; this is for SexLab, while you probably wanted to post this in the Devious Devices Framework Development one instead.

49 minutes ago, zaira said:

Only if SL interfaces changes - but implementation not. However - the main problem is : Oldrim is somehow EOL - is it really worth to spend time to do re-factorings or not?

For my own mods the answer is clear: as long as there are no real alternatives every effort is legitimate...

As I said, that's just what I remembered, so I could have been wrong about that or it could have been an entirely different feature altogether and I'm mixing them up. Ashal is the only one that answer your question for sure.

For the record, I would be all for such a change in SL code. The delays while starting scenes have always bugged me to no end. Seeing how seamless LAPF scenes are in Oblivion, when they start practically microseconds after they are triggered (heavy script load can make it take longer, but I've never had to wait more than 3 secs or so) and then seeing how long they take in Skyrim is pretty jarring. I understand that due to the need to use markers and SetVehicle and stuff it's bound to take some time, but if the extra time required for anim listing and sorting can be reduced or outright removed, that would be a welcome improvement.

On 12/2/2017 at 10:53 AM, Ashal said:

Perhaps a good technique a mod could use is to cache animation selections for known upcoming sexual activities so that the framework performs the animation selection in the background before getting to the moment when the sex would start. 

Since someone might slip a save/reload in there between the creation of the cached animation selection or hit the MCM and add/remove animations you could have the Framework send a update-cached-animations event that mods using caching could watch for and know to update what they've cached just to cover that one person who manages to remove or disable the selected animation after it was cached.

Hi, I am trying to modify one of the available animations to remove some of the stages. I tried removing the AddPositionStage from the second, third, and fourth stages on one of the sexlab default animations and it worked, I can play the first stage only without issues. Though, when I tried to remove the first stage, second stage, and fourth stage, leaving only the third stage, the animation started but the actors were not moving. I wonder if there is a way to accomplish what I need without having to use a skipping function / setting all stages to -1 which is not reliable. If it is not possible, please let me know why.

Also, I wonder if it is possible to use SetScale to enlarge an armor that has an armor addon animation like those in ZaZ. I have tried using the DropObject way of dropping the armor then setting the scale for that dropped armor and equipping it again using the ObjectReference, for one of the ZaZ objects with AA, that resulted in the enlarging of the armor itself which is a ZaZ box. I even tried the OnEquipped event without luck.

Thanks.

10 minutes ago, Monnar said:

Hi, I am trying to modify one of the available animations to remove some of the stages. I tried removing the AddPositionStage from the second, third, and fourth stages on one of the sexlab default animations and it worked, I can play the first stage only without issues. Though, when I tried to remove the first stage, second stage, and fourth stage, leaving only the third stage, the animation started but the actors were not moving. I wonder if there is a way to accomplish what I need without having to use a skipping function / setting all stages to -1 which is not reliable. If it is not possible, please let me know why.

Instead of removing the stages, try just changing the animation event names to all use the same one for that actor. Like this:

int a1 = Base.AddPosition(Female, Anal)
Base.AddPositionStage(a1, "DoggyStyle_A1_S3", 0)

int a2 = Base.AddPosition(Male)
Base.AddPositionStage(a2, "DoggyStyle_A2_S3", -104, sos = 3)

This change it so the two actors only use their 3rd stage animation for all stages actor only uses "DoggyStyle_A1_S3" and the second actor "DoggyStyle_A2_S3" 

Depending on the animation you're trying to do it with though, there may be some other complications, depending on how it's defined in FNIS.

Hi Ashal, and thanks a lot for the reply. I have tried the code above and the actors stood in place like the other solutions I mentioned. I even tried to simplify this with animation that has three stages only which is 3j_BreastFeedingvar on the SexLab definitions. What is interesting is that if I added the first stage and the third stages using AddPositionStage, the first stage would work followed by the working third stage. Is there something in SexLab that prevents directly starting from a stage other than the first stage?

Edit: I have forgot to say. That I have used a fresh save on every attempt. I also tried making a new animation with only the stage I wanted and registered under a new name using SLAL. That did not help either.

Edit 2: I think I may have figured it out by using SLAL. I still cannot find a solution to my second question.

this might seem like a silly question and it's probably covered somewhere, but even though i tried to look for it I couldn't find it so here it is. What happens if I use SexLab with Skyrim SE? It doesn't work? Or it works weirdly? I kinda want to try but I'm a bit afraid to do it for some odd reason. 

13 minutes ago, Sabrina Saberhagen said:

this might seem like a silly question and it's probably covered somewhere, but even though i tried to look for it I couldn't find it so here it is. What happens if I use SexLab with Skyrim SE? It doesn't work? Or it works weirdly? I kinda want to try but I'm a bit afraid to do it for some odd reason. 

It will not work. You can use SexLab Light from the SE download section.

4 hours ago, Ashal said:

Progress Update!

I've just got it running and working in Skyrim SE today, just a few things that need fixing. After that's done, I just need to finish up the 1.63 update for both oldrim and se and will be releasing both versions at the same time then.

omg, talk about service ♥ 

Sometimes when I spam the spacebar the player gets stuck in place in the last postion. What is the SexLab function responsible for releasing the player in the right position. I want to add it to a script. Thanks.

P.S. I know about the EPC function.