What Areas Should be Looked at?  

1,070 members have voted

1. 1. What Areas need to be looked at more?

• Better Naked/Armor Slot handling/configuration (IE armors that do not use body slot that should prevent nudity)
    • Creature Handling
    • Nearby NPC arousal Updating over time (Or appearingly not updating)
    • Other (Leave a Comment)

26 minutes ago, LynErso666 said:

What? A Hotkey? How? I have to set everyone's arousal manually in the puppet master section, unless I've been in the cell for like an hour, sometimes people's arousal does change by itself, I think, maybe. But I only seem to have to do it once per actor.

RightControl shows your targets arousal (and your ... or just yours if you don't have a target), which also seems to updates arousal.

2 hours ago, skyrim482 said:

Please please add active scans to this mod that update arousal. It is very difficult to use this mod without it. Right now you have to use a hotkey on target  to update anyone's arousal.

I love the mod features otherwise we just need a functioning active arousal scanner. Thank you for your work!

I never had the issue you describe, but i never used this mod or the original SLAroused without SLArousal Monitor:

What this mod does, you can read in the post, but one of the features is, that the mod tracks the arousal values of everyone in a radius (asks them from OSLAroused and probbably forces an update). You can adjust the timing in the MCM. I hope it works for you too.

PS, i downloaded the mod years ago, it was the LE version and it works without conversion. The link i posted is for SE.

Edited by monty359
4 hours ago, Talesien said:

RightControl shows your targets arousal (and your ... or just yours if you don't have a target), which also seems to updates arousal.

Oh that one, right. Yeah I see the arousal for whether I'm nude, or just base libido arousal update faster when I target people, but most of the time everyone I target with that is 0. I always assumed this mod just doesn't have any arousal update. lol. I have to set them manually in my game, and THEN that NPC starts calculating arousal for the rest of my game. I usually assume issues like this are because most mods on Loverslab are developed with anything but SE 1.6+ in mind.

I don't care though. I puppet master someone, their arousal starts calculating up and down for the rest of my game. The worse thing really is having to save and load with an outfit in my inventory before OSL Aroused's Keywords Settings page will even see any new outfits I get. It only detects for outfits that were there on load.

Edited by LynErso666
1 hour ago, LynErso666 said:

Oh that one, right. Yeah I see the arousal for whether I'm nude, or just base libido arousal update faster when I target people, but most of the time everyone I target with that is 0. I always assumed this mod just doesn't have any arousal update. lol. I have to set them manually in my game, and THEN that NPC starts calculating arousal for the rest of my game. I usually assume issues like this are because most mods on Loverslab are developed with anything but SE 1.6+ in mind.

I don't care though. I puppet master someone, their arousal starts calculating up and down for the rest of my game. The worse thing really is having to save and load with an outfit in my inventory before OSL Aroused's Keywords Settings page will even see any new outfits I get. It only detects for outfits that were there on load.

Never had that, if I enter a cell for the first time and immedieatly check the NPC's I've never found one with 0 Arousal, usually it's not high at first more in the 10-30 range, but 0? Of course I usually have some sort of matchmaker running (currently SCrappies) and those tend to poll for NPC Arousal every couple seconds. Still I think there is something afoot in your game.

8 minutes ago, Talesien said:

Never had that, if I enter a cell for the first time and immedieatly check the NPC's I've never found one with 0 Arousal, usually it's not high at first more in the 10-30 range, but 0? Of course I usually have some sort of matchmaker running (currently SCrappies) and those tend to poll for NPC Arousal every couple seconds. Still I think there is something afoot in your game.

i've been trying different groups of mods with OSL for months now. I never get any different results. Never. So I think it's going to stay afoot and I'm just going to have to deal with it. What version of SE are you using, out of curiosity?

Edited by LynErso666
14 minutes ago, LynErso666 said:

i've been trying different groups of mods with OSL for months now. I never get any different results. Never. So I think it's going to stay afoot and I'm just going to have to deal with it. What version of SE are you using, out of curiosity?

Still on 1.5.97.

On 6/18/2022 at 1:56 AM, Krusche said:

I just did a bit of testing with my setup and found this to be the case as well. Using aroused creatures mod, engagements based on arousal seemed to be impossible because creature arousal never changed unless I manually checked (thus forcing an update) of their arousal. This was with the default 10 arousal required to invite, which is low enough that it should effectively be a 0 imo. Not sure if this is a timescale issue and npcs only get arousal updates in a longer timespan or what, but this mod feels a little unresponsive because of this.

Did anyone ever find a workaround to this or is it just an outlying bug/limitation? I noticed this too tonight. If I look at the creature framework arousal readout, I notice it never actually goes up until I manually rCtrl check the creature, only then does the arousal actually change. As a result this makes automatic engagements broken as far as I can tell.

44 minutes ago, Impact14 said:

Did anyone ever find a workaround to this or is it just an outlying bug/limitation? I noticed this too tonight. If I look at the creature framework arousal readout, I notice it never actually goes up until I manually rCtrl check the creature, only then does the arousal actually change. As a result this makes automatic engagements broken as far as I can tell.

take a look at this post:

17 hours ago, monty359 said:

I never had the issue you describe, but i never used this mod or the original SLAroused without SLArousal Monitor:

What this mod does, you can read in the post, but one of the features is, that the mod tracks the arousal values of everyone in a radius (asks them from OSLAroused and probbably forces an update). You can adjust the timing in the MCM. I hope it works for you too.

PS, i downloaded the mod years ago, it was the LE version and it works without conversion. The link i posted is for SE.

I have the aroused monitor Widget. This actively shows arousal as a report of its current level, it does not update or change it. Changes to arousal state come from  SL aroused. If SL aroused has not updated any arousal then they remain the same which is why in OSL aroused you see the updates only after you use the hotkey on somebody or self .  Every other SL aroused mod has an active scan/ polling that updates arousal of the actor in conjunction with mods  without having to hotkey anyone constantly for an update.  If you install any other arosed mod or version you will see the scan in the settings or the code.

@Impact14 @skyrim482

Reguarding Active Scans and other characters arousal not updating. Do you have examples of mods that are not working properly because of this.

Because the arousal is updated when it is retrieved for an actor, any mod doing checks using the standard interface should trigger that update. Which i would... imagine the majority of mods do, since otherwise how would they know arousal level?

Only thing i can think of is if a mod checks against the faction directly rather then using the interface. In which case yes it would bypass the update since osl has no way of knowing when the faction is being requested.

It would be relatively straightfoward to add support for an optional "Ping" that periodically "force updates" nearby actors. Since would all still be done in skse plugin should be much more performant than most of the papyrus cloaks/scans. in the interim as monty recommened the SLAM widget monitor should be good. 

@Talesien - Thanks for providing that patch for peoples!

I'll take a look and try and update the base fomod with more options based off different versions of beta. 

@LynErso666 - Yeah the issues your running into sound really odd. Are you sure the skse plugin is properly loading.

if you check C:\Users\[USER_NAME]\Documents\My Games\Skyrim Special Edition\SKSE\skse64.log   you should see a line saying OSLAroused.dll loaded correctly.

Does npc arousal get reseeded if you dont see them for a while? Some sla versions have randomized arousal after not seeing npcs for a day or few.

(For both prostitution gameplay and fully simulated sexlab scenes not being solely responsible for decreasing npc arousal)

Hi.

Just after updating to the latest version, this stack started appearing in my game log:

[08/08/2022 - 07:31:43PM] Error: Method setUpdateFrequency not found on slamainscr. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
    [adcSexlifeMain (DA004338)].adcsexlifemain.OnUpdate() - "adcSexlifeMain.psc" Line 1064

I know it's an error from the Sexlife mod, but seems to have its root on OSL Aroused :'(

Edited by rmaku
6 hours ago, rmaku said:

Hi.

Just after updating to the latest version, this stack started appearing in my game log:

[08/08/2022 - 07:31:43PM] Error: Method setUpdateFrequency not found on slamainscr. Aborting call and returning None
stack:
    [adcSexlifeMain (DA004338)].adcsexlifemain.OnUpdate() - "adcSexlifeMain.psc" Line 1064

I know it's an error from the Sexlife mod, but seems to have its root on OSL Aroused :'(

Yup valid issue in OSL, fixed in latest version (2.2.1) I dont think it should have caused issue in adc, just log spam.

53 minutes ago, ozooma10 said:

Yup valid issue in OSL, fixed in latest version (2.2.1) I dont think it should have caused issue in adc, just log spam.

Sexlife v7 doesn't use arousal atm but in v8 it will, it just checks the update frequency is all.

Ozooma I added some keywords in the gender pref patch I made did you carry them across into the new version? ( I only added some keywords where some mods checked during dialogue). thanks

I want to switch over to using this from the old SL Arousal but that mod has one feature that this one doesn't, which is the ability to start a Sexlab maturbation animation by holding own the status key. To my knowledge, this is the only way to trigger a Sexlab masturbation anim via a hotkey. Could this feature be implemented?

6 hours ago, Frosferes said:

I want to switch over to using this from the old SL Arousal but that mod has one feature that this one doesn't, which is the ability to start a Sexlab maturbation animation by holding own the status key. To my knowledge, this is the only way to trigger a Sexlab masturbation anim via a hotkey. Could this feature be implemented?

There is already one called OMasterbation...

20 minutes ago, myhouseatl said:

I've asked once and got ignored.  Schlongs of Skyrim integration please.  Nothing like having an aroused Nord with a limp dick!

Adding on to this, it'd be nice if something like Grower Extended could be integrated into OSLAroused with performance in mind if possible. Might be out of the scope of this mod though.

1 hour ago, myhouseatl said:

I've asked once and got ignored.  Schlongs of Skyrim integration please.  Nothing like having an aroused Nord with a limp dick!

There should already be SoS support. Just check the checkbox in mcm.

@LewdZenn - I think something like that makes sense as a separate mod.

Similar for starting SL scenes for masturbating etc... I think much preferable to simply have that be a separate mod as nothing is preventing it AFAIK  

Hello ozooma10.

I am enjoying using the system, but I have a concern.

Since Libido is also the one that sets the minimum Baseline value, wouldn't it be redundant for Current Arousal to calculate the Baseline variation?

It seems to me that it would be sufficient for Current Arousal to only calculate Libido's fluctuation and then add the values due to Nude and EroticArmor to it.

Rather, I think it would be better to have an option to gradually add values to Libido to express increasing frustration over time, since the values currently settle down to Libido = minimum Baseline after a long period of non-sexual activity.

(e.g. Libido +1 every hour apart from the Current Arousal * Libido calculation).

Also, translation files were added in the 2.2.1 update, but this may have affected the popup on the Help page.

I have a problem, I used OAroused previously in my save, then uninstalled it, cleaned my save and installed OSL Aroused.

However with the new mod the Arousal bar moved to the top left (where my A Matter Of Time widget is located) and stayed there permanently, using the hotkey (RCTRL) didn't work and in the MCM menu it showed up as "OArousal" just like the old mod in the OStim Addon page. Disabling OArousal.esp (the new one included in OSL Aroused) gives me instant CTDs when I load a save.

Any idea what could cause this? I use OpenSex Standalone. Ostim and most of its' add-ons