Younger Marriages for CK3

YOUNGER MARRIAGES FOR CK3 VERSION 1.5.*

This mod makes it so that adulthood is moved from the base game 16 years of age to 14 years of age.

This is very loosely based upon an essay in medieval history from the University of Exeter which places adulthood at the age of puberty during these times, which was considered to be 12 for females and 14 for males. However, older ages from 15 to 20 were more common.

One benefit is you are able to get your children out of your court sooner

The mod also changes when personality traits are given and keeps the skill increase rate the same despite the 2 year shorter education period. However, due to the complexity of the Education system in game, I have yet to dig into changing the age when the Education reward is given, so that will still occur at age 16.

Be sure to let me know if you find any bugs.

**** Change Log ****

Version 1.2.5

Updated for version 1.5

Version 1.2:
Filled in the missing portions of the mod so that now the Education trait reward will fire at age 14, and the childhood personality traits should also be removed.

Version 1.1:
Fixed an issue where adults at the start of the game who were 14 & 15 would never receive an education trait. They will not get a trait assigned like before, however children who are under 14 and are being educated, will still have to wait until 16 to receive their education trait.

Version 1.0
Where it all began... Changed adulthood from default 16 to 14, which allows you to marry your kids off sooner, not just betrothe them.

Edited by AnyThoughts

I'm new to putting mods on here, so I just realized this comment section was over was here.

First, sorry there was no .mod file. I've never put a mod file into a .rar until now, so I forgot to put it inn there.

So, I will fix it and reupload.

Also, I have released version 1.2 that should hopefully fix the education portion. Please let me know if it does not.

Lastly, now that I know this is here I will try to do a better job of monitoring the comments. ?

On 11/29/2021 at 1:52 AM, AnyThoughts said:

I'm new to putting mods on here, so I just realized this comment section was over was here.

First, sorry there was no .mod file. I've never put a mod file into a .rar until now, so I forgot to put it inn there.

So, I will fix it and reupload.

Also, I have released version 1.2 that should hopefully fix the education portion. Please let me know if it does not.

Lastly, now that I know this is here I will try to do a better job of monitoring the comments. ?

Your YoungerMarriages.mod file uses the wrong path:

path="C:/Users/anyth/OneDrive/Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings III/mod/YoungerMarriages"

which means someone else downloading it can't use it because it's looking for your path file.

776039030_Screenshot2021-12-01145903.png.8780e94bef9c0d92558fc7c3214dff1a.png

You need to change it to:

path="mod/YoungerMarriages"

which will auto-generate the user's correct path when enabled.

Edited by SepticSpoon
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 12:05 PM, SepticSpoon said:

which means someone else downloading it can't use it because it's looking for your path file.

sorry im new . where i change this path thing?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 12:05 PM, SepticSpoon said:

Did it and it still gives off an error:

image.png.5972dbba5da880e2ef39d6d9777dc82c.png

On 12/1/2021 at 9:05 AM, SepticSpoon said:

I've updated it. Please let me know if it is still having issues. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/5/2022 at 8:29 PM, AnyThoughts said:

I've updated it. Please let me know if it is still having issues. Thank you.

One of the issues I have observed so far is lifestyle experience is not being awarded to a heir after their graduation to adulthood but rather once they reach a certain age. Is this a known issue?

Edited by zingfreelancer
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 8:56 AM, swiftpython said:

And is there any way i csn prevent 14 year olds from getting facial hair ?. Its totally ruining my immersion 

In ymm_defines.txt, it looks like you can tweak the age the child portrait is replaced with an adult portrait, so that might do it. It didn't immediately break anything for me, but edit mod files at your own risk.

36 minutes ago, SoullessDuck said:

In ymm_defines.txt, it looks like you can tweak the age the child portrait is replaced with an adult portrait, so that might do it. It didn't immediately break anything for me, but edit mod files at your own risk.

That should change it. I'm also testing a way to keep that, but make facial hair not appear until 18. Either way, at any age it's always weird when a full beard comes out of nowhere.

32 minutes ago, ante10pe said:

characters earns education traits twice at age 14 and 16.

seems like 'childhood_education.9103' still happens also at age 16.

active mods are only yours.
how can I fix it?

Hide contents

image.png

image.png

I will look in the code and see if I missed a change somewhere.