On 3/12/2022 at 1:30 AM, AnyThoughts said:

I will look in the code and see if I missed a change somewhere.

Can confirm this bug.

For some reason it doesnt always fire the event. But when it does it always assigns the trait education_learning_1 aka Conscientious Scribe.

On 3/11/2022 at 5:57 PM, ante10pe said:

characters earns education traits twice at age 14 and 16.

seems like 'childhood_education.9103' still happens also at age 16.

active mods are only yours.
how can I fix it?

Hide contents

image.png

image.png

This might not be a bug in the mod. I had a similar bug happen in an unmodded game with a ruler designer character the other day. I set my character's age to 16 and when I unpaused he got a second education trait.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2022 at 1:09 PM, juju-94380 said:

bonjour j'ai téléchargé le mod, mais je ne sais pas où le mettre pour pouvoir le faire fonctionner.

un petit tutoriel sur où placer le fichier serait le bienvenu.

pouvez-vous me dire où dois-je le placer?

merci d'avance.

There should be a Crusader Kings III folder in the Paradox folder in your documents folder. Inside that Crusader Kings III folder will be a folder labeled "mods", unzip the contents into that folder.

On 3/29/2022 at 5:36 PM, Aerodamus said:

Will I run into any game issues if I edit the mod so that males and females have different adult ages?

No, you should be fine, but are you wanting the appearance to be different ages, or all adulthood relayed things? If you just want appearance that is fine, but the rest of the adulthood actions like education and trait reward ages are not gender specific and would require the creation of additional variables in the code.

On 4/1/2022 at 10:57 AM, ilay.g said:

Hoodies on characters from 16 to 18 years old infuriate me. Not sure how you can change the nudity age?

I'm not sure what you mean by hoodies? There's not a nudity age, just an age of adulthood, which is probably tied to when a character can be nude.

1 hour ago, AnyThoughts said:

I'm not sure what you mean by hoodies? There's not a nudity age, just an age of adulthood, which is probably tied to when a character can be nude.

I think that the game may put a nightgown on 'adult' characters who are between 16-18, who other game mechanics would normally render as nude.

I'm still getting the education trait bug when characters turn 16.  PDX acknowledged the issue before the hotfix on the 22nd of March, but wasn't in the list of fixes. Just more or less curious if this is still a thing for people because I don't think I ever noticed it outside of the mod, although again, PDX knows it to be an issue.

On 4/15/2022 at 11:48 PM, LeSavage said:

I'm still getting the education trait bug when characters turn 16.  PDX acknowledged the issue before the hotfix on the 22nd of March, but wasn't in the list of fixes. Just more or less curious if this is still a thing for people because I don't think I ever noticed it outside of the mod, although again, PDX knows it to be an issue.

Yea still having the same issue a couple of patches later. Was playing on 1.4.4 for some time because this bug i rather game breaking. Now i updated my game to 1.5.1.1 and still the same issue. At this point im pretty sure its not base game causing this problem but the younger marriages mod.

Edited by Valodir
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/17/2022 at 6:43 AM, Valodir said:

Yea still having the same issue a couple of patches later. Was playing on 1.4.4 for some time because this bug i rather game breaking. Now i updated my game to 1.5.1.1 and still the same issue. At this point im pretty sure its not base game causing this problem but the younger marriages mod.

Yeah, it's a shame. Of the few mods that are out there with the same premise, this seems to be the... least broken one. However ruining education traits is unplayable. Hope there's a fix eventually.

• 2 weeks later...

kinda modding question - is changing of *_ADULT_AGE, SKILL_SCALE_AGE and shifting education events to a new adult age required for whole thing to work? if i change only AGE_OF_MARRIAGE_* - does it break education system?

thing is - i kinda got whole age requirement system completely changed in my local modpack for triggers, events, interactions and so on to a different numbers depending on situation and context, so i'm not worried about basic "is_adult" check or anything like that, now i just want to change age of marriage define without messing up portraits, education or changing actual adult age

On 4/4/2022 at 5:49 AM, AnyThoughts said:

No, you should be fine, but are you wanting the appearance to be different ages, or all adulthood relayed things? If you just want appearance that is fine, but the rest of the adulthood actions like education and trait reward ages are not gender specific and would require the creation of additional variables in the code.

Hi,

I like your mod but as I am also interested to split the male/female adult age, but the marriage age in defines.txt seems to have no effect ... but would it generally work to add something like this in the childood_on_action.txt? ... and ofc, adding the 16th birthday in the birthday.txt ...

(but I have zero programming/modding skills, so I better ask before crashing my game ...)

Spoiler

on_14th_birthday = {
    limit = {
        is_female = yes
        trigger = { age = 14 }

events = {
            childhood_education.9103 #To make sure that every child gets a education
            child_personality.4011 #To make sure everyone gets a sexuality
            childhood.0900#victim transforms into opinion modifier on adulthood
            childhood.0910#bully transforms into opinion modifier on adulthood
            childhood.0998#crush transforms into opinion modifier on adulthood
            coming_of_age.0001#Learning
            coming_of_age.0002#Stewardship
            coming_of_age.0003#Martial
            coming_of_age.0004#Intrigue
            coming_of_age.0005#Diplomacy
            delay = { days = 2 }
            childhood_education.0005 #To remove education focus
            childhood_education.0006 #To remove stray guardians
            childhood_education.0007 #To remove childhood traits and make sure any education trait is applied
        }
    }
}

on_16th_birthday = {
    limit = {
        is_male = yes
        trigger = { age >= 14 }

events = {
            childhood_education.9103 #To make sure that every child gets a education
            child_personality.4011 #To make sure everyone gets a sexuality
            childhood.0900#victim transforms into opinion modifier on adulthood
            childhood.0910#bully transforms into opinion modifier on adulthood
            childhood.0998#crush transforms into opinion modifier on adulthood
            coming_of_age.0001#Learning
            coming_of_age.0002#Stewardship
            coming_of_age.0003#Martial
            coming_of_age.0004#Intrigue
            coming_of_age.0005#Diplomacy
            delay = { days = 2 }
            childhood_education.0005 #To remove education focus
            childhood_education.0006 #To remove stray guardians
            childhood_education.0007 #To remove childhood traits and make sure any education trait is applied
        }
    }
}

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/28/2022 at 10:08 AM, AnyThoughts said:

Very sorry everyone, I've been very busy lately with work. I haven't had a chance to look at the mod or even play CK3 in a bit.  I will work on looking into the issues above very soon.  Thank you.

Thank you for the mod, and all the hard work.

Any chance we'll get it updated for 1.6?  I realize you said you've been busy with work, and so I'm not expecting much, but I'm just curious if an update for 1.6 is on the horizon.

Thanks again for all your hard work on the mod.

• 2 months later...
11 hours ago, LeSavage said:

No dis to the developer, we all get tied up with IRL things.

However, has anyone else managed to find an alternative, or tackled these problems on their own?

You mean like not touching the base files and education at all and just make a simple add on event that fires on on_action and marries those that are betrothed if they are over 14?

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Itsuji said:

dumb question here;

can i just edit the descriptor.mod file by replacing 1.5.* with 1.7.* without changing anything else? 

If you want IronyModManager/the Paradox launcher to tell you it's updated,yes. (who cares lol)

If you want the mod to be properly updated,absolutely not,as you did not change a single file to match the new stuff (no idea if there are needed changes tho,people start crying for updates instantly without ever saying what's wrong with the mod,just not even willing to touch it as if it would blow up their PCs and making an actually useful bug report)