Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

Now for some reason MCM will not install or work when installed with this version of FOMM.  I have never had this problem with the conventional FOMM version.  Why is my stuff breaking and no one else has this problem?  There is literally nothing different between installing MCM now, and before, except for using this version of FOMM that I need for Sexout and all that.

At first I got the game to say something about UAV/firewall blocking MCM.  But that doesn't make sense.  I have never had that happen before, and firewall hasn't changed since my last build of New Vegas.  Now nothing shows up in regards to MCM after multiple installs with this FOMM.

Hello! I was wondering, do you just drop everything into your GeMM folder and overwrite or do you install this in a new directory or something else? It says in the OP that you do the latter but a post on here mentioned doing the former... so I'm a bit confused here. Maybe you just uninstall FOMM and paste the files of this one in its place?

Hello! I was wondering, do you just drop everything into your GeMM folder and overwrite or do you install this in a new directory or something else? It says in the OP that you do the latter but a post on here mentioned doing the former... so I'm a bit confused here. Maybe you just uninstall FOMM and paste the files of this one in its place?

You can just copy it over your regular old FOMM install. I've just done that a couple of hours ago and it works fine. But you can extract to any folder you want really (I've tried that as well).

You can just copy it over your regular old FOMM install. I've just done that a couple of hours ago and it works fine. But you can extract to any folder you want really (I've tried that as well).

Its good to know you do that now, I didn't install the regular FOMM, would that cause other mods not to work?

Its good to know you do that now, I didn't install the regular FOMM, would that cause other mods not to work?

Why would it? Again, you can just extract the archive anywhere and run it. Try to stay clear of your c:\program files directory (UAC) maybe, but other than that there shouldn't be any problems regarding already installed mods or where to install it.

Why would it? Again, you can just extract the archive anywhere and run it. Try to stay clear of your c:\program files directory (UAC) maybe, but other than that there shouldn't be any problems regarding already installed mods or where to install it.

I appreciate the response, but there still are problems.  As I said above, I have done this before on other installs of New Vegas.  And only now, do I receive problems with MCM in NV.  The only other factor I can see right now, is the modified FOMM, and the modified NVSE addon that is needed for Sexout.  I see the mod folders for MCM in the data folder, but nothing comes up at all anymore.  Not even a hint that MCM is there, even though it is, because I see it in the folders.

Hm... can't seem to completely install my TTW main files fomod. Fomm package manager reports install success with only Anchorage & Broken Steel installed - seems to break off right after the .ini edits.

Running as admin, win7 home, 64b. Installing to non-UAC folder.

I did skip on immediately creating the fomod at the end of the TTW installer process when I ran it a few weeks ago, and picked up building it 'from folder' just now. Still, fomod structure seems to look fine when viewing in 7zip.

Hm... can't seem to completely install my TTW main files fomod. Fomm package manager reports install success with only Anchorage & Broken Steel installed - seems to break off right after the .ini edits.

Running as admin, win7 home, 64b. Installing to non-UAC folder.

I did skip on immediately creating the fomod at the end of the TTW installer process when I ran it a few weeks ago, and picked up building it 'from folder' just now. Still, fomod structure seems to look fine when viewing in 7zip.

I tested the full fomod creation with TTW and then install with FOMM and it seemed to go ok, but I didn't actually try to use it. If you backup the fomod files and run the TTW installer again and let it complete, can you see if the fomods are the same at the end?

FOMM package manager doesn't care about what mods you have, though the mod list should bitch (show red) if you install the TTW fomod and required masters are missing.

The fomods aren't the same - the ones created by the TTW installer, through the 7z that comes with it, are larger/seem to have a different compression method than the ones I create 'from folder'. The ones I created have one tier less (ie I skip the "main files" & "optional files" folders) but I doubt that would explain the difference and it does seem to list a different compression method. CRCs look the same though.

post-18170-0-73800000-1394231760_thumb.jpg

However, even if I run the TTW-generated ones through 14.9's package manager, the problem persists that it doesn't get beyond installing the Anchorage and Broken Steel BSAs and ESMs, along with the ini edits, and then reports success.

I do see all the files show up when using the LAA/64b version of 13.21 that the TTW site hosts (or used to).

Did you run uHUD?

Why would I need uHUD?  I honestly don't get it.  I've never had this issue before, and no one has much to say on this matter., so, it feels like I am being ignored like my problem is insane or something.

MCM is still a hud mod last I checked; uninstalling/reinstalling hud mods usually means running uHUD to resolve the hud conflicts.

The fomods aren't the same - the ones created by the TTW installer, through the 7z that comes with it, are larger/seem to have a different compression method than the ones I create 'from folder'. The ones I created have one tier less (ie I skip the "main files" & "optional files" folders) but I doubt that would explain the difference and it does seem to list a different compression method. CRCs look the same though.

attachicon.gifScreenHunter_01 Mar. 07 23.28.jpg

However, even if I run the TTW-generated ones through 14.9's package manager, the problem persists that it doesn't get beyond installing the Anchorage and Broken Steel BSAs and ESMs, along with the ini edits, and then reports success.

I do see all the files show up when using the LAA/64b version of 13.21 that the TTW site hosts (or used to).

Ok, thanks. Time to start digging.

Did you run uHUD?

Why would I need uHUD?  I honestly don't get it.  I've never had this issue before, and no one has much to say on this matter., so, it feels like I am being ignored like my problem is insane or something.

MCM is still a hud mod last I checked; uninstalling/reinstalling hud mods usually means running uHUD to resolve the hud conflicts.

MCM isn't a hud mod bud, it's menumode. Lay off the hooch.. ;) No need for any HUD stuff unless he's actually using a 3rd party hud.

@triggerhapp1313:  No one is ignoring you.  This is a smaller thread, which means that fewer eyes are on it.  Normally, troubleshooting should go in either the General Fallout Troubleshooting forum or the Sexout - Troubleshooting forum.

If you haven't, be sure that you have MCM's updated esp for the Bug Fix.  It's under the main file, and it's pretty easy to miss.

EDIT:  Edited to remove "more harm than good" advice.

If you're running Windows 7+, make sure to right-click on FOMM.exe and select "run as administrator" or go to Properties and select that under the Compatibility tab (I think).  That could be part of the problem.

Don't do this unless you've done it once already. The fastest way to "screw up" FOMM and end up here asking for help is by running it as administrator once and then not doing it again. It does not need to be run as administrator, ever, unless you've already run it that way before.

MCM isn't a hud mod bud, it's menumode. Lay off the hooch.. ;) No need for any HUD stuff unless he's actually using a 3rd party hud.

ok, ok, maybe not a hud mod in the strictest sense but still one that is merged by uHUD in combination with others (unknown at this time). There was some un- and reinstalling, I gather, should be worth a shot.

@triggerhapp1313:  No one is ignoring you.  This is a smaller thread, which means that fewer eyes are on it.  Normally, troubleshooting should go in either the General Fallout Troubleshooting forum or the Sexout - Troubleshooting forum.

If you're running Windows 7+, make sure to right-click on FOMM.exe and select "run as administrator" or go to Properties and select that under the Compatibility tab (I think).  That could be part of the problem.

If you haven't, be sure that you have MCM's updated esp for the Bug Fix.  It's under the main file, and it's pretty easy to miss.

I'll try that, thanks.  I don't have a "gray start menu" but at this point, I will try anything.  Its infuriating how nothing is working for seemingly no reason.

Don't do this unless you've done it once already. The fastest way to "screw up" FOMM and end up here asking for help is by running it as administrator once and then not doing it again. It does not need to be run as administrator, ever, unless you've already run it that way before.

Now this brings up another point.  I may have screwed up FOMM by running it, then running as admin at other times.  I still do not understand how that would make other mods work, but not MCM though.  So perhaps the bugfix is my best bet, thanks.

Geh.  If I fucked it up worse for you by suggesting the running it as an admin thing, I apologize profusely.  My heart is always in the right place; however, my information/memory is not.  So, I give you what looks to me like apologetic heart face.  :wub:

No matter what, you definitely need the bugfix esp on the Nexus page.

@PS:  I'm going to hush and go back to my hooch now and alternate between relaunching the GECK and NV every three minutes. 

Now this brings up another point.  I may have screwed up FOMM by running it, then running as admin at other times.  I still do not understand how that would make other mods work, but not MCM though.  So perhaps the bugfix is my best bet, thanks.

When you run it as an admin, the files FOMM uses internally to track it's settings and stuff may get their ownership changed to admin, and new files it creates/copies will also be owned by admin -- potentially even those in the FONV directory, like INI files, mods it installed, etc.

If you run it later *not* as admin, then it won't have access to those files, and the only way to fix it is to either run it as admin from then on, or to go in and manually fix the file permissions. If it copied mods into the data dir as admin, it's possible that even the game will not have access to those files unless you run it as admin as well, though I haven't heard of this actually happening.

ok, ok, maybe not a hud mod in the strictest sense but still one that is merged by uHUD in combination with others (unknown at this time). There was some un- and reinstalling, I gather, should be worth a shot.

I didn't see him mentioning any hud things, just an MCM problem, but anything is possible.

If you DO have some hud thing.. well yeah.. follow it's instructions as well. ;)

Well, I am now consistently getting the UAC/Firewall error, but I have no firewall to block it, and UAC is off.  Sooo... I am guessing it is just broken. Thanks all for the help and advice.  But I wonder, could the NVSE addon for sexout be causing some sort of problem?

Everyone here is using NVSE, the NVSE Extender, and MCM. If there were major problems with any of them, a lot more people would be reporting it. FOMM is still having some issues with big files in archives, I'm working on that now, but nothing like what you're experiencing.

I think you've boned something in your FONV install and that is what is causing all these problems, but it's hard to say what.

The error when you have loaded a game and then press Esc?  This really isn't the thread for it, but if you can get a screenshot of the error, post it to an image-hosting site (in a jpg), and then post it under a spoiler tag.  To diagnose an error, we need the error message VERBATIM along with where in the process you are getting the error (installing, on-launch, after game loads and you hit Esc).