Fomm - Custom Build - 0.14.11.13

I am totally AGAINST current mod upgrade! Nine time out ten it just breaks the mod, and considering any optional file as an upgrade of the main mod is stupid. :).

I agree, just checking what others think. Personally I never use it, the idea is just silly. I just wanted to test it before releasing instead of only testing the things I use myself for once.. ;)

I may add an option in the future to let you mark mod(s) deactivated if all of the files in them have been replaced by other mod(s).

I would lean to #2 myself. Having both NMM and FOMM running at the same time doesn't make sense. FOMM does everything NMM does and more. I would focus more on the added tools, features and stability of FOMM before any consideration of compatibility would even be considered much less started.

I'm going ahead with an attempt at option 3 right now since I think it'll be quick and easy, and serves my overall goal of allowing users (crazy as it may seem) to run both FOMM and NMM on the same game, provided they also use the same MM directory (as NMM used to do). It's really a simple 'downgrade'. If that doesn't work I'll fall back to option 2 which is really a "do nothing" type option which I don't particularly like.

In my testing I initially did a fresh install of all my mods with the new format, then a simple upgrade with just a test mod installed, and finally a full upgrade (err... downgrade) with all the mods I used installed. No problems so far but I only hopped in the game long enough to make sure that body, clothes, etc were actually installed and showing up properly.

I think I killed it.

i was doing a clean install and so i simply uninstalled the game and deleted all the extra stuff in order to start over.   i redownloaded your FOMM and tried to start it up again and now i get a series of errors for every mod i had installed before.   it tells me i need to uninstall them but then fails to uninstall them because the old installLog.xml file is gone.

What do i need to do to remove the refrences so i can actually start over?

I will be removing 0.14.9(.0) and 0.14.10.1 later today, just FYI. .2 seems to be doing well and 0.14.11.0 will be coming soon. I don't want to clutter up the post with too many files.

11.0 will not have any new features, it is a testing release for all the code cleanup -- which has touched every single file in FOMM and made thousands of changes. They should all be harmless but extensive testing is merited.

Greetings to all.

At last I've near to quit that fu**ing ba-a-a-a-a-ad time freelance project and start to contribute to FOMM.

This weekend will bring back NexusMods version checking and auto-updater. Plus, I'm planning to add support for metamods like nvse (fose), enb and everything that installs into main game directory.

Plus, I'm planning to sign exes with certificate, that will remove nasty orange UAC prompt.

Welcome back, wasn't sure you were coming. ;)

I have a major refactoring effort underway right now, I'll be merging refactor2 into master soon. You should do some local test merges of that branch to see how well they play with any in flight changes you had before. This is mostly ReSharper generated stuff and the bulk of it is formatting and simplification, the only functional changes (I think) are swapping a bunch of for loops to foreach's, and some refactoring of simplistic properties into auto properties; e.g stuff like this:

protected string _foo;
public string foo
{
  set { return _foo; }
  get { _foo = value; }
}
Into this:

public string foo { set; get; }
There were also a bunch of namespace changes to get contributed code (sevenzip, etc) namespaces to match the project directory layout.

Let me know here or in PM how you want to proceed once you've looked it over. The next round of changes will be more invasive as far as code changes go, so some attempt to coordinate what files you'll be working on so I can avoid them would be good.

I will be working on new files mostly (updater and dynamicapi) so there should be no major problems...

Is everyone is good to move on .net 4 ? i need feedback before weekend... if it is ok - then i will use CsQuery (lib that performs DOM parsing like jQuery) it is require .net 4.0+

If it is critical - then I should change method in parsing websites to handle version checking.

I'm going to do the master merge now to cut down on future merge issues. It's looking good on my end with testing and if anything goes wrong can always revert. I have more refactoring to do but from here on in it gets a bit more complex and potential to introduce bugs is higher.

Guest luthienanarion

I need feedback if merge gone good and I missed nothing in critical areas.

It's crashing immediately on startup for me:

Problem Event Name:    CLR20r3

Problem Signature 01:    fomm.exe

Problem Signature 02:    0.14.10.4

Problem Signature 03:    53414a71

Problem Signature 04:    System.Windows.Forms

Problem Signature 05:    4.0.30319.33440

Problem Signature 06:    52004310

Problem Signature 07:    3c17

Problem Signature 08:    f

Problem Signature 09:    System.StackOverflowException

OS Version:    6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID:    1033

Additional Information 1:    8fc3

Additional Information 2:    8fc3860c7678955418cf171ccbf13f2c

Additional Information 3:    fe0f

Additional Information 4:    fe0fc247c73dc1152c82544c4c751334

Well my copy don't crash. I just get a spinning wheel and nothing. No crash or anything showing it even started. It doesn't even show in the task manager as a running process. It just stops.

I loaded the extracted file right over the current version. I tried it and nothing. I restored the previous version (delete and extracted the backup copy) and it started right up and worked properly. I might be one or so versions behind Prides current release. I never even got to the prompt for which game was desired to be managed.  Hope that helps.