[mod] Starchild's LV Expansion (WiP)

15 hours ago, Ozvelpoon said:

I seem to have an issue with the pop disappearance jobs. The events are firing as intended, but the jobs are not being added to the planet. Any ideas? I just got my game to stop crashing, so I thought I would solve this next!

Do you also run LV PAtches? I noticed in Irony mod manager it overwrites the fauna jobs of all types (including the missing pop) to be completely blank. easily "fixed" by either loading this mod after patches or simply copying over the data (though god knows what impact that will have on other things... hasn't blown up on me yet).

1 hour ago, shybaason said:

Do you also run LV PAtches? I noticed in Irony mod manager it overwrites the fauna jobs of all types (including the missing pop) to be completely blank. easily "fixed" by either loading this mod after patches or simply copying over the data (though god knows what impact that will have on other things... hasn't blown up on me yet).

I do indeed use LV Patches! Thanks for the heads up.

On 5/17/2022 at 2:01 AM, billybob168 said:

Do you plan to change that in the future, maybe with the assimilation mechanics ? I like the idea of playing as a subjugating latex empire that forces other aliens to wear it, but just seeing them turn into your own species takes away that charm.

I guess I could make a policy that determines whether any of my events should convert or just modify pops.

On 5/21/2022 at 3:55 PM, Celestia 666 said:

played with the laytex suits trait a few times and never found the tradition tree for it is it in both releases or just the beta version, all the tech shows up and is researchable and all the milking works fine too. just wondered what im doing wrong.

cheers

That's weird. It should show if you have a latex species.

On 5/12/2022 at 9:04 AM, RenFL2 said:

Minor bugs:

1. Steal pop mechanic from the latex tradition procs even without BDSM armies.

2. Bimbo embassy unlocks from the milking tradition instead of having bimbo pops or having the bimbo ascension

3. Not sure if it was the updates but I sometimes lose the ability to research the latex techs mid game.

1. I found a solution but due to not knowing how to check whether an army is attacking or defending (if that's even possible), the event now checks for the attacking country having the tradtion and ANY army on the planet being a BDSM army. Usually if the attacker has the tradition and any army is a BDSM army, it is likely that this army is from the attacker. Only the rare case that the attacker has the tradition and the only BDSM army belongs to the defender, will the event fire unintended. (since I don't know whether the AI will even build those, armies, I would say this is negligible, - at least for now)
2. Should be fixed
3. might have to do with the trigger for being a latex empire. Maybe some events changed something. I'm gonna change the trigger for being a latex empire from the owner species being latex to any species being latex. This should also allow more freedom in general.

On 5/17/2022 at 2:01 AM, billybob168 said:

Do you plan to change that in the future, maybe with the assimilation mechanics ? I like the idea of playing as a subjugating latex empire that forces other aliens to wear it, but just seeing them turn into your own species takes away that charm.

A policy will let you choose. It will be called "LVEX Assimilation Policy"

16 hours ago, Revan1108 said:

How do i install the mod, i put the file in the paradox mod folder but in the luncher it doesnt appear

Nah, i dont think its this mod problem. Paradox launcher kind of buggy in general, so try to read about it in internet.

15 hours ago, Revan1108 said:

How do i install the mod, i put the file in the paradox mod folder but in the luncher it doesnt appear

Install just like any other mod. Launcher just might not be checking for file changes. Try finding the refresh button in the mod menu to reload your mods.

On 5/22/2022 at 11:59 PM, StarchildKiss said:

1. I found a solution but due to not knowing how to check whether an army is attacking or defending (if that's even possible), the event now checks for the attacking country having the tradtion and ANY army on the planet being a BDSM army. Usually if the attacker has the tradition and any army is a BDSM army, it is likely that this army is from the attacker. Only the rare case that the attacker has the tradition and the only BDSM army belongs to the defender, will the event fire unintended. (since I don't know whether the AI will even build those, armies, I would say this is negligible, - at least for now)
2. Should be fixed
3. might have to do with the trigger for being a latex empire. Maybe some events changed something. I'm gonna change the trigger for being a latex empire from the owner species being latex to any species being latex. This should also allow more freedom in general.

For #3, I suspected that species modification events were screwing up who the owner species was and that's why I was losing the traits. Hope this change makes that moot.

1 hour ago, RenFL2 said:

Install just like any other mod. Launcher just might not be checking for file changes. Try finding the refresh button in the mod menu to reload your mods.

For #3, I suspected that species modification events were screwing up who the owner species was and that's why I was losing the traits. Hope this change makes that moot.

Alright, just uploaded the changes and fixes as the new Beta version. 
I want to replace the official version as soon as possible but I couldn't test it enough yet.

Moving the LV_expansion.MOD file outside of the file where all the other MOD files are, the mod shows up in the launcher. But the launcher says "installation of this mod failed. The path in this mod's descriptor file is invalid or does not exist" I am using the latest beta file you gave.

Hi.

I'm using the 1.5 Beta of LV expansion but and was lucky enough to spawn next to a "civic_lvex_submissive" empire. I quickly vassalized it with the default "Protectorate" agreement, but the contract did not change. I tried waiting for an entire year, just to see if it only updated yearly. No luck. It's the first time I play with an empire like that enabled in my game. My species was already dominant, and they were already submissive, so I could not verify if the trait change event had fired.

Therefore I looked into the files of your mod and realized the feature was disabled. In /LV_Expansion/common/subjects/lvex_subjects.txt all lines are commented out. Is the feature intentionally disabled as a quick fix for 3.4 combability?

Thanks for the work you've already put into this mod.

16 hours ago, george41 said:

Moving the LV_expansion.MOD file outside of the file where all the other MOD files are, the mod shows up in the launcher. But the launcher says "installation of this mod failed. The path in this mod's descriptor file is invalid or does not exist" I am using the latest beta file you gave.

Figured it out, the .MOD and descriptor file didn't match. The .MOD said 3.2 and the descriptor said 3.1. Simple edit fixed everything.

On 5/31/2022 at 6:01 PM, Alphanineteen said:

Hi.

I'm using the 1.5 Beta of LV expansion but and was lucky enough to spawn next to a "civic_lvex_submissive" empire. I quickly vassalized it with the default "Protectorate" agreement, but the contract did not change. I tried waiting for an entire year, just to see if it only updated yearly. No luck. It's the first time I play with an empire like that enabled in my game. My species was already dominant, and they were already submissive, so I could not verify if the trait change event had fired.

Therefore I looked into the files of your mod and realized the feature was disabled. In /LV_Expansion/common/subjects/lvex_subjects.txt all lines are commented out. Is the feature intentionally disabled as a quick fix for 3.4 combability?

Thanks for the work you've already put into this mod.

Yes before 3.4 came out I disabled changing of the subject type because it would probably break something.
Right now the civic is more like "feudal society" which just modifies a bit, though you still get the special jobs.

@StarchildKiss I made a longer post in the main LV thread about the new triggers paradox added to species traits, but I think I may have found a solution to fixing the Amazon civic (and potentially fixing some other LVEX civics/mechanics as well).

Basically Paradox snuck in a few new triggers regarding traits and their ability to be applied: 

species_potential_add - For showing/hiding from the trait list when creating a new template
species_possible_add - For enabling/disabling adding a trait when creating a new template
species_possible_remove - For enabling/disabling removing a trait when creating a new template
species_possible_merge_add - For enabling/disabling trait template application if it would result in the trait being added.
species_possible_merge_remove - For enabling/disabling trait template application if it would result in the trait being removed.

It seems like a few of these new triggers are already in LVEX traits, but apparently there's more to this. You can even lock traits behind certain conditions like civics or ascension perks. For example: 

species_potential_add = {
        exists = from
        from = { has_ascension_perk = ap_transcendence }
    }

I haven't tested it out myself, but in theory you could lock the Amazon trait behind the civic with the following:

species_potential_add = {
        exists = from
        from = { has_civic = civic_lvex_amazon }
    }
    species_possible_remove = {
        always = no
    }
    species_possible_merge_add = {
        always = yes
    }
    species_possible_merge_remove = {
        always = no
    }

The other rules on merge_add and merge_remove would theoretically allow you to apply the amazon trait when applying a template with it, but not allow you to remove the trait by applying a template without it. Again I haven't tested it so I don't know if it works, but if anyone is willing to give it a try let me know (still too busy editing my modlist post-update)

Would've been nice if the devs were a little clearer about this change, but it might prove useful for fixing special traits added by civics so that they play nice with gene modding templates.

On 6/6/2022 at 9:20 AM, unwashed biomass said:

Hi. Should Cow Clinic modify pops that are working milk cows jobs only? Or it's impossible to specify code wise? Asking because i now have ruler/researcher etc. pops with dairy cows stages wchich is rather undesireable. Then again it may be some sort of conflict. 

Can you send a screenshot to show what exactly you mean?

On 6/6/2022 at 12:20 AM, unwashed biomass said:

Hi. Should Cow Clinic modify pops that are working milk cows jobs only? Or it's impossible to specify code wise? Asking because i now have ruler/researcher etc. pops with dairy cows stages wchich is rather undesireable. Then again it may be some sort of conflict. 

The problem isn't that cow clinics are modifying non milk cow jobs, it is that milk cows are getting promoted. It is an issue with the base game, not allowing you control over where specific pops go.

So after finally being able to invest some time in a playthrough, I am very interested in how LV and other mods will work with the new Overlords systems. There are a few areas that I think stand out as good options for flavor.

Vassals:

- The vassal contract will be difficult to modify for the most part as many of those options don't lend themselves to a lewd theme. The exception being the new leveling up of vasel type. A new vassal type of "sub" or "BDSM " that provides amenities/pop growth/ or even forced transfer of submissive pops would all be very on brand. These leveled benefits seem like a much more customizable modding framework then the contract negotiation itself for resources and such.

- Overlord Holding building are an obvious place to add flavor to the vasal system. Building to convert pops to submissive, transfer pops to the overlord, or increase vassal loyalty. I find many of the holdings provided by the expansion underwhelming so I always use the same few. A couple of new ones would be excellent to both give benefits to a dominent overlord and also to help the vassal as a benevolent one.

Megastructures:

- I like the new planetary ring structure as a way to expand planets, but I think it could use the LV treatment. Sexopolis did this for ringworlds and habitats, so its a natural extension.

- I can't figure out the new hyperplane structure. It just seems a lot of work to set up a chain of these for relatively small benefit until you get gateways. Need some inspiration on this one.

I'd compare hyperlanes vs. gateways as being similar to highways vs. airports - Hyperlanes are much cheaper and much easier to set up, and facilitate rapid movement within sectors, etc.  Gateways are later tech, and are much more about moving long distances - across half the galaxy, not just a few systems at time.

Not sure if you saw it, but there is an event for connecting a hyperlane to a vassal's homeworld from yours.  Could be a point for flavor - leashes come to mind, but so to quick pleasure trips, etc.