Damsels in Distress - SE (0) - Follower Collection

13 hours ago, Pyreite said:

I need somebody to test the LE version before I make it public.

The mod works fine on LE (at least for me), you just need to convert the nif files so the NPCs don't look ugly. I have not rescued all the girls yet, but Nova and Eren are OK.

Also, question. Are the girls supposed to have sexlab cum on them when you find them, or was it just added for the screenshots? because if they are supposed to have cum, then it doesnt happen in my game. And if it's not a feature, it could become one. It would be more immersive.

3 minutes ago, Antaufein said:

The mod works fine on LE (at least for me), you just need to convert the nif files so the NPCs don't look ugly. I have not rescued all the girls yet, but Nova and Eren are OK.

Also, question. Are the girls supposed to have sexlab cum on them when you find them, or was it just added for the screenshots? because if they are supposed to have cum, then it doesnt happen in my game. And if it's not a feature, it could become one. It would be more immersive.

The cum in the ss were just me getting ahead of myself. It's not a feature of the mod.

I am having an issue where Nova cannot be recruited as a follower. When I choose the dialog she responds "Aye" but does not actually become my follower. Most others work fine but I haven't tried them all. I am running v 0.9.3 and using EFF. It wasn't clear if I should try the ESL 0.9.5 version since it is referred to as "experimental" and I didn't see it stated anywhere what the benefits of the ESL version even are.

Also, do the followers' stats scale with difficulty or something? At one point I was increasing the difficulty because as a follower I wanted them to be having a tougher time in combat. After all, they are women that were once captured, indicating that they probably wouldn't have much combat prowess. To my surprise, even on Legendary they were defeating bandit chiefs 1v1 while my PC was below level 5. Then on another occasion, I was just on Adept fighting with Kepa vs some falmer and her health was dropping quite quickly, even two falmer were enough to defeat her.

Overall, really enjoying the mod. It's a bit of a shame that some of them are locked behind quests (e.g. Icerunner), but it helps with the atmosphere of the game a lot knowing that these women are out there.

image.png.90ad6fc391022f7c721094876ba4e56f.png

31 minutes ago, gamer098 said:

At one point I was increasing the difficulty because as a follower I wanted them to be having a tougher time in combat. After all, they are women that were once captured, indicating that they probably wouldn't have much combat prowess. To my surprise, even on Legendary they were defeating bandit chiefs 1v1 while my PC was below level 5. Then on another occasion, I was just on Adept fighting with Kepa vs some falmer and her health was dropping quite quickly, even two falmer were enough to defeat her.

I'm trying so hard not to go off on you because I have- so many things- I find wrong with what you just said. You seem like a newish player, but fuck. You want your followers to do worse? Right, I guess people complain about overpowered followers. I've been asking for balance suggestions for months but people seem fine with them. Just because they got captured does NOT mean they are inept. The slogan of the mod is "Everybody needs help sometimes" but seeing as how that only shows up in the ck or xedit I can't expect people to see that. Many of the girls in this mod are professional fighters (Luna, Nova, Navi, Anka) while everyone else is supposed to know enough to defend themselves. They got captured because they either; got overwhelmed, underestimated their opponents, or got nabbed in the night. Regarding the ability to kill stuff you found, some girls may have ended up more powerful than others based on what I thought would be good for them without making them broken OP. Yes your followers "scale" with difficulty, but enemies also scale with your level. A lvl 5 bandit chief is really not that strong. Just stronger than baseline bandits. Falmer, on the other hand, are pretty strong to begin with. Their poison helps them a lot besides just being generally stronk.

I am calm now.

Ahh I did overlook the Relationship Dialog Overhaul requirement. Sorry about that.

You seem like a newish player

Responding to this paragraph in general... I think you are trying to read into my playstyle a bit too much from my comment. I played through all of the main content of skyrim and the DLC unmodded and am mostly done with that play style. I no longer play to "progress," I play for RP purposes. My followers smashing the content no longer has intrinsic value.

This was not a balance suggestion. I was just asking a question because I was surprised a change in difficulty was not having the impact I expected at that point in the game. 

Just because they got captured does NOT mean they are inept.

Totally fair. I just had a particular role I was hoping they could fill RP wise.

I wish I could've anticipated the way you took my comment so I could've avoided striking a nerve so harshly, but I'm not sure I could have. I'm sorry.

I have converted all meshes to LE, as well as the plugin. the npcs look fine, no black faces. 

https://i.imgur.com/uOy5wMD.png

The plugin has some ITMs, and a deleted reference. The deleted reference can cause CTDs. I'm posting the clean plugin, along with the meshes i've converted, maybe they'll help. 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/izh66m5h9vu4g1b/Damsels_filles_LE.7z/file

I like the damsel in distress theme, i've had the Sacrificial Maidens for a long time, and Flower Girls - Adventures also has a couple in the same line as this mod. Unfortunately, ZaZ pack is too much, and i'm getting footik crashes (animations excess).  

1 hour ago, Pyreite said:

There is a SFW version on nexus that doesn't use zaz if you like. What is the deleted reference?

This is the deleted reference 

Spoiler

[REFR:0008FCD2] (places CommonBedDouble01 "Bed" [FURN:0003B6E8] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of Icerunner01 "The Icerunner" [CELL:0001521B]

And these are the ITMs

Spoiler

[REFR:0010413F] (places CollisionMarker [STAT:00000021] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of Icerunner01 "The Icerunner" [CELL:0001521B])
[REFR:00073B2D] (places CommonBedDouble01 "Bed" [FURN:0003B6E8] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of FellglowKeep02 "Fellglow Keep" [CELL:0003FF10])
[REFR:00019487] (places DefaultCandleLight01NSDesat [LIGH:00088241] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of FellglowKeep02 "Fellglow Keep" [CELL:0003FF10])
[REFR:000194CD] (places FXSmokeWispsLgVol01 [MSTT:00077777] in GRUP Cell Temporary Children of FellglowKeep02 "Fellglow Keep" [CELL:0003FF10])

I use tes5edit to check for errors and wild edits.  

And thanks, i downloaded the Nexus version. I'll use that one, unless i find a way to trim down zaz to the animations this mod uses. Then i'll use this version, because the animations look really cool. 

Additional conflicting mod found - Devious Bandit Captives https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/16447-devious-bandit-captives/ 

From that mod's info "This mod is a revised version of Sex Slaves for Vanilla Bandit Camps, made with permission from its author pchs.", which explains why it's conflicting.

So far it is breaking Nova, Eren And Anka - I cannot find any of them, looking all over their stated locations from the mod info page.

Have not checked Amber yet, and no bloody idea where Navi is supposed to be - your mod page says "Icerunner" - not seeing a location named that when you use the find function in the map screen

I really like what you are doing here, and I am *this* far from tossing the conflicting mod - but it's got some outfits in it I like and use. :(

3 hours ago, darksong said:

Additional conflicting mod found - Devious Bandit Captives https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/16447-devious-bandit-captives/ 

From that mod's info "This mod is a revised version of Sex Slaves for Vanilla Bandit Camps, made with permission from its author pchs.", which explains why it's conflicting.

So far it is breaking Nova, Eren And Anka - I cannot find any of them, looking all over their stated locations from the mod info page.

Have not checked Amber yet, and no bloody idea where Navi is supposed to be - your mod page says "Icerunner" - not seeing a location named that when you use the find function in the map screen

I really like what you are doing here, and I am *this* far from tossing the conflicting mod - but it's got some outfits in it I like and use. :(

So, Amber works fine despite the conflicting mod, but there is a different problem with Navi. The location she is at - the wreck of the Icerunner - does NOT appear unless you do the "Lights Out" quest that has you extinguishing the Solitude Lighthouse flame. And since I've ignored that quest for years - it was not showing up on my map. You may want to add a note that you need to do that quest before looking for Navi

14 hours ago, darksong said:

So, Amber works fine despite the conflicting mod, but there is a different problem with Navi. The location she is at - the wreck of the Icerunner - does NOT appear unless you do the "Lights Out" quest that has you extinguishing the Solitude Lighthouse flame. And since I've ignored that quest for years - it was not showing up on my map. You may want to add a note that you need to do that quest before looking for Navi

Acutely aware. Apparently I do need to spell it out for people. I didn't want to stick any girls in locations locked behind quests but the lore applications were good.

When I said "they fight for space" I meant it literally. I only noticed this issue specifically with Nova as she occupies the same platform as another bitch from SSFVBC, and this DBC is just a remastered version of it. I don't know why you can't find Eren and Anka. DBC shouldn't do anything to make Amber "not work."

Here's an idea, although it might cause issues depending on how much progress you have with DBC. Disable DBC until after you've rescued Nova (and Eren and Anka fsr), or just try to use console commands to move them to you.

1 hour ago, Pyreite said:

Acutely aware. Apparently I do need to spell it out for people. I didn't want to stick any girls in locations locked behind quests but the lore applications were good.

When I said "they fight for space" I meant it literally. I only noticed this issue specifically with Nova as she occupies the same platform as another bitch from SSFVBC, and this DBC is just a remastered version of it. I don't know why you can't find Eren and Anka. DBC shouldn't do anything to make Amber "not work."

Here's an idea, although it might cause issues depending on how much progress you have with DBC. Disable DBC until after you've rescued Nova (and Eren and Anka fsr), or just try to use console commands to move them to you.

Ok, the weirdness continues.  I went back after doing clears of all enemies in those areas and, and the bandit, etc corpses had despawned - and both Amber and Eren were where they should have been initially, so I brought them back to my crib.

Anka, otoh had more weirdness going on. After I cleared that area, I went back as well, and discovered that a couple of NPCs were stubbornly staying near where your screenshot of Anka said she should be. I went to investigate, and discovered Anka had spawned like 90% inside the stairs to the next level. I was able to click on her after a few tries to talk to her, and used a console command to bring her to me before she reset back onto the pole, and then brought her back to the crib as well, so I have the set.

No idea why Anka would have spawned mostly inside the stairs - will have to check on another playthru.

Once again enjoying the heck out of your work, and hopefully you can give us more goodies.  Excellent stuff, I salute you!

2 hours ago, Pyreite said:

If my understanding of SBC is right, it too is also a remaster of SSFVBCs or at least that is the impression I got. If it is then it'll fight for space.

It probably wouldn't be difficult for us to deconflict the two mods, if desired.  SBC uses many more sites, so if you're currently only using 10 then identifying conflicts should be relatively easy.

• 3 weeks later...

Something funny which happened with Anka, it's not this mod's fault, but I decided it's worth telling :

so she is at Treva's watch, exterior part. I hadn't noticed her actually, I had checked the file with the locations in a hurry and didn't find anything, anyway !

The super weak point of this location is not from the underground passage as the quest marker says, but rather from the top, it's possible to enter the fort by the mountain, and it becomes super easy to take it this way, so that's what I did, so there was a lot of chaos when I arrived, and I didn't notice the location of everybody, and didn't notice Anka again.

Then I decided to have a quick look inside, because you can reach quickly the boss by entering the fort this way, it's always worth a quick look. And when I came back, ready to open the gate with the lever, I suddenly saw a naked woman approaching and asking if she could talk to me ! That was sexlab rds kicking in ! So yeah I talked, I think the mod said she found me friendly, and then turned back and walked back to where she came from. So I followed her to see where it was, and she sat back exactly where she was with the restraints and all, and I could free her with the dialog options !

She's not exactly like some of the others I met, she doesn't seem to have a topic about having fun, but except that she's a good follower, and so I left with her !

That was a very original tour in Treva's watch !

On 10/27/2021 at 7:27 AM, Durante said:

There is an old mod from Nexus for LE where the player can rescue girls sacrificed to the dragon. They're tied up on dragon locations, wouldn't that be a good rescue quest? Since the mod is out-dated I don't see why not it can't inspire you to add in something similar

Source: Sacrificial Maidens - UNP Shift and Bloomers

If anyone is interested in taking a look, JohnBelt converted Sacrificial Maidens - UNP Shift and Bloomers to SE with Plunket's permission. 

I'll be watching the work here and will probably jump in to help test soon. Cheers.

9 hours ago, Cappari said:

Is there an ETA on this and Spoils of War working for AE?

Actually I was about to leave a comment about how this works on AE (I have yet to try Spoils of War0... it actually works 100%, HOWEVER there's two noticeable yet minor issues (one might be an ENB issue on me tho)

1. Nova's hair tends to be transparent around the ponytail

2. Anka, while in bondage, seems to partially stuck in the walls near the staircase of where she's being held.

Other than those two hiccups Damsels in Distress works on AE and if the author wishes I can grab screenshots of said hiccups