Damsels in Distress - SE (0) - Follower Collection

1 hour ago, Andola193 said:

Quick question: where can I find Malo? It says she's in Blackreach but I can't seem to find her. She is in my game, I can teleport her to me so maybe I'm just not looking hard enough.

I haven't talked to Front if that helps any. But the other damsels are where they're suppose to be.

You NEED to talk to Frost to start the quest to get any of the damsels to appear. The quest broke when you tried to skip her so HA.

On 7/8/2022 at 5:54 PM, Gudulba said:

Veil is the first damsel I have rescued. Now when asking her "Would you like to stay somewhere else", she just wanders off. Where is she supposed to go??

On 7/10/2022 at 12:11 AM, bwaomega said:

Did you take her someplace 'safe'?

Hmm, good question. I am afraid I can't remember...

Is there a suggested dialogue topics order to take along a rescued damsel and then make her stay at a player's home?

4 hours ago, Gudulba said:

Hmm, good question. I am afraid I can't remember...

Is there a suggested dialogue topics order to take along a rescued damsel and then make her stay at a player's home?

Not all of the damsels have the same progression such as Anka let alone the same wording but the recommended order is;

Are you alright? (Captive state) >> You should be safe here. (Predetermined Sandbox state) >> Would you like to stay somewhere else? (Follow player) >> Make yourself at home. (Player determined Sandbox state)

In reality the dialog to ask them to stay elsewhere shouldn't appear until after they're safe. She may have wandered off from you either because something went wrong, which I doubt, or you were impatient while the game hadn't updated her behavior yet and you wrote it off as being glitched.

1 hour ago, crococat said:

Didnot find any description about what file to use. Masterless or not.

image.png.7939df0dabd33f16532187025790bd1a.png

While I understand this isn't decisive, Masterless is the watered down version that had enough stripped away until I got the sexlab and zaz requirements off.

Extra is just face sculpts and racemenu presets n' stuff.

Just a quick PSA.  I was having problems with CTD every time I entered a keep/dungeon with one of the damsels inside. Tested on Fellglow, Mistveil and  Faldars Tooth. Finally tried changing the mod file to the Masterless version and it appears to have solved the issue. Will report back if that changes.

3 hours ago, bender3333 said:

Just a quick PSA.  I was having problems with CTD every time I entered a keep/dungeon with one of the damsels inside. Tested on Fellglow, Mistveil and  Faldars Tooth. Finally tried changing the mod file to the Masterless version and it appears to have solved the issue. Will report back if that changes.

image.png.88e05bd2f04a3358ceb65a54732d0fe1.png

Kepa has proven glitchy to some users. Without a conflict or specific issue to point fingers at all I can do is give a console solution that another user has already found. 

On 7/3/2022 at 9:07 AM, Macduff13201965 said:

Activate Kepa in the console window and type "say damsel0_QuestRescue_KepaBranch02b"

I had the same Kepa problem that others were having in both 2.1 and 2.2. I'm running the ESL version. I checked the mod in xEdit and found the issue, which is that the response to the "Wow. You are... a very big girl." dialogue only continues for male PCs. The dialogue for female PCs doesn't activate the next dialogue. So I fixed it by copying the reference from the male dialogue option to the female dialogue option into the "Link to" response where it was empty and I cleared the PNAM reference so it looks exactly the same as the male response except for the conditions. Not sure if the second part was necessary but it works for me and I can now save her.

Good mod! The other damsels worked fine so far. I played on version 2.1 until I hit this bug.

I've also used the voice pack, saw some questions about it while browsing for a fix for Kepa. It works pretty well. Voice pack mods are not for everyone, I prefer it over silent voices and try to run all my mods with voice packs if they're available.

I only noticed two problems (probably due to an update of this mod) but I'm too lazy to look into it since it was only a brief interaction that was bugged. I don't remember the names, but one damsel had the wrong voice files playing. The sounds played were partially from the formal princess damsel and parially silent. And the princess didn't have voices at all, iirc. But that's not a problem caused by this mod, just a version mismatch of the voice files I assume.

Upgraded to 2.2 masterless from 2.1 ESL. female player character. Kepa will not leave the bound struggle animation and still has the dialog loop. if I use the console command to skip ahead, she remains in the same animation.  even if I tell her she will be safe here, her outfit changes, but still stuck in same animation

edit - and tested with a male player character - 2 different ones - and her conversation worked properly both times

Edited by darksong
more info added

I started this mod with version 2.0, went to Dragons Reach and started the quest by talking to Frost, then rescued the first two damsels. I then upgraded to 2.1, went to the next quest marker, but there was no damsel there to be found. Rolled back to 2.0 and voilà, the damsel appeared.

Could this be because 2.1 introduced the mandatory talking to Frost, which I already did with version 2.0 installed, but version 2.1 didn't "know" that I had already talked to Frost?

What about 2.3, which I need because of the Kepa (not yet rescued) issue? I guess I would have to expect the same behaviour?

Edited by Gudulba
4 hours ago, Gudulba said:

I started this mod with version 2.0, went to Dragons Reach and started the quest by talking to Frost, then rescued the first two damsels. I then upgraded to 2.1, went to the next quest marker, but there was no damsel there to be found. Rolled back to 2.0 and voilà, the damsel appeared.

Could this be because 2.1 introduced the mandatory talking to Frost, which I already did with version 2.0 installed, but version 2.1 didn't "know" that I had already talked to Frost?

What about 2.3, which I need because of the Kepa (not yet rescued) issue? I guess I would have to expect the same behaviour?

When I tried upgrading mid playthrough I got the same thing. FWIW

Just ran through in one session and rescued everyone. Fantastic content, good writing, and lots of heart. They all feel unique and since AFT lets me have 5 of them with me I now have a 6 woman beat squad laying the smack down on the population of Skyrim. No issues at all. Thank you very much for making this mod. I didn't know that this was exactly what I needed.