OSA\Osex and SexLab\LoversLab installs

If you have a stable build so far, there is no reason to reinstall the game. I cannot remember when I last made a clean reinstall of Skyrim SE. It must have been years ago.

The trick is, get a game with a basic set of mods that you know works. And make a save game. After that, if you add a mod and everything explodes, remove the mod and simply go back to that working save.  Once you are satisfied your set up works - go for a full play-through.

No need to keep reinstalling the game.

Sounds like you need to enjoy time playing the game... go for it!

Hope you find the cause. 

Yep - peeling back is often the way I do it. Having that known "this works" point in the game build gives you a base to work on.

In other words, that last known good working game means a mod (or more) added is the problem, and not the game itself.

In the years I've modded Skyrim LE and SE, (and Oblivion for that matter) I usually have a kind of 'picture' of the sort of game I want to play. I build it up and get to a point where I have a working modded game.

Then I add more. And more, and more and before long the game is a creaking mass of stuff that eventually blows up.

I never learn.  The joke in the community is most modders never get past Riverwood. There's a lot of truth to that.

My last game was working fine. I finished the Dawnguard DLC with the Serana Dialogue Add-on.  I tore it down because I could not stand Inigo as a companion. He was driving me nuts. And as usual I had so many followers I was spending time parking them in places.

Modding life.

I am looking at that Live Action package mod. I see the Mod Author on the installer says:

NB! DAR mods cease to work if more than 16384 character animations (FNIS calculated) are installed in total.

A modified DAR .dll that doubles the limit to 32768 animations is linked for Skyrim LE and SSE in the spreadsheet.

I understand now. The Live Action author appears to be warning that the DAR dll file may cease to work if you have over 16384 FNIS animations in game.

Well, that's news to me. All my DAR animations work despite having 23,000+ FNIS animations!! 

Is he right?

So, I looked at the DAR Nexus page, and see yes: the DAR dll has a limitation of 16,384 animations being accessed by DAR, for DAR projects

That's very different to maximum animations in game!!

I checked the bottom of my DAR log and see in total how many animations my DAR mods have access to. I am at:

• 14171 / 16384 : actors\character\defaultfemale.hkx
  • 988 / 16384 : actors\character\_1stperson\firstperson.hkx

Therefore with all my 23,000+ animations in my game, I am still below the DAR limit.  

So....my guess is the author of the Live Action mod has either misunderstood the limitation or (more likely) just made a mess of explaining it.

That said, I suppose if I added Live Action to my game, then all my DAR projects might collectively access too many FNIS animations and go over the 16384 limit. I'm quite high at the moment with 14171 animations out of the allowance. I really don't know until I install it and see what happens. Anyway, the worst that would happen is I would get an error box telling me I have too many DAR animations.

Anyhow, if needed the solution is simple: get the amended DAR dll that he links on his spreadsheet. So, I'm off to do that anyway. 

Live Action looks fun...

Quite separately, I've spent some time today reducing the animation load in my game. I felt it was too much. 

Meanwhile, the mod I am working on is simple, but I'm stuck on the Papyrus Script.  The idea is: after the player and NPC have sex, instead of immediately leaping to their feet and put armour on, they fall asleep for a bit.  I hate it when they just jump up and run off.  Sexlab's Ragdoll ending is such a cop-out and looks ridiculous.

I can't believe how difficult it is to do this. But I have a guy helping me. And I'm learning quite a lot on the way.

One day I might be able to release it...

Edited by Bluegunk

Blows up, damn. Is that what you meant when you called your Skyrim SE as a cesspit? You have to rebuild it too?

Inigo, I saw him as a follower on Nexus. Didn't get him. I like female followers. I have Ultimate Follower Overhaul. 15 followers now. I don't plan on any more than 5 in my party, fps drain with more, right? Still have yet to meet Serana.

Ok, I knew I saw that number, 16384. So... this DAR.dll works but "Live Action" didn't. Do I have that right? I turned off the ragdoll effect in the MCM, can't remember which mod that was. I'll get back to you on that one when I get the game running. I didn't like the way bodies flew around the room when they were done. And yes, the way the sex scenes end could be a bit more "natural". Maybe you can put a kissing sequence in there to transition the scene. After they are done of course.

I'm going to get that DAR.dll, be back.

Also, found a new one, a body randomizer. AllShapes_3BA_HIMBO20211024.7z on LL. I have the NPC body scale randomizer by Villianise(?). This new one says it uses presets to generate bodies for ALL NPC's not just followers. I'm going to read more before I install it to replace NPC BSR. Let me know what you think.

Game "blows up" is just a UK figure of speech. It becomes unworkably unstable. I haven't reinstalled Skyrim SE for years.

I prefer female followers, too. With the exception of Lucien - he's an interesting bloke.  Yes, put too many followers in and unless you leave them at home or spread around the land, the game starts creaking. Same with added NPCs.

I like the idea of the kissing sequence in my mod. Thanks! I'll add that. It's a really nice idea. Just got to get the scripting right.

The new extended DAR dll seems to work OK. I checked the DAR log and the new higher limits are shown in there.

I have not tried body randomisers. They always look so complicated.

Blows up, damn. Is that what you meant when you called your Skyrim SE as a cesspit? You have to rebuild it too?

Inigo, I saw him as a follower on Nexus. Didn't get him. I like female followers. I have Ultimate Follower Overhaul. 15 followers now. I don't plan on any more than 5 in my party, fps drain with more, right? Still have yet to meet Serana.

Ok, I knew I saw that number, 16384. So... this DAR.dll works but "Live Action" didn't. Do I have that right? I turned off the ragdoll effect in the MCM, can't remember which mod that was. I'll get back to you on that one when I get the game running. I didn't like the way bodies flew around the room when they were done. And yes, the way the sex scenes end could be a bit more "natural". Maybe you can put a kissing sequence in there to transition the scene. After they are done of course.

I'm going to get that DAR.dll, be back.

Also, found a new one, a body randomizer. AllShapes_3BA_HIMBO20211024.7z on LL. I have the NPC body scale randomizer by Villianise(?). This new one says it uses presets to generate bodies for ALL NPC's not just followers. I'm going to read more before I install it to replace NPC BSR. Let me know what you think.

10 hours ago, BDNelson said:

I just realized I never gave you my e-mail address. Brianmuellson@Yahoo,com. I'm peeling back my install 1 by 1 in reverse order. This is going to take a while!

please PM the person email address. Don't want get spam from your email?

8 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

downloaded the DAR.dll. Is this a different Dynamic Animation Replacer

It is only a replacement DLL, nothing more. Using MO2 I can let it overwrite the original. Keep the original DLL backed up just in case.

Yeah good advice on the e-mail. Thanks @rb888.

PM? e-mail? Ummm... what was that? Is rb888 a moderator?

I archive ALL of my downloads. I like how full my LL folder is. In some cases I have backups to my backups. Gotta clean that up. DLL backup done. Cool, then I will replace the one I have in my install order. I didn't remove "Live Action" from my archive just my install order. The max anim's I have loaded so far is the 16840 you saw already. In the past I was too scared to push any higher than that, thnx to you that is no longer the case.

Body randomizer: I like the one that I was running. It did a good job, lots of variety in the bodies, OF THE WOMEN. No randomizing of men at all. I have HIMBO installed because when I kill someone and strip them of all they own and posses, (TWEP), I expect them to be naked when I get done, "The Naked and the Dead".

This new one I found, I think, uses any presets I load in the game to generate the body types. 3BA and HIMBO both. I have extra preset mods. I'm going to go back and read some more before I install it. It is a new game start mod, I mean it needs a new game to work right, I read that much anyway.

30 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

rb888 a moderator

rb888 is recommending you delete your visible e-mail address from these posts. It's a public forum. It's likely a bot will pick it up and add it to a spam mailer somewhere. I have saved it so you can delete.

I left a question on the Live Action mod to see if I had something wrong, or the mod is needing work. From the comments it looked as if I was not the only one having issues.

Sounds like you are up to speed with those body randomizers!

Address deleted! THANK YOU rb888!!! I thought there was something wonky with that mod! Wanna tell you about the last game start, as quickly as possible.

Started new game. Race menu was greyed out, skin color like a corpse. 4 face presets instead of 16. 3BBB menu empty, that's right NO sliders. Body, hand, feet and face paint menu's empty, no slots for color change or texture choice. I said, NOPE!, got out ASAP. No saves.

So... the "contamination" goes all the way back to CBBE\3BBB, CotR and\or others. I'm going all the way back, 0 mods installed. Restart install order from there, if the game still works.

3 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

So, hey, other people do see our conversations, yes? 

Yep. I answered your original question on the open forum and we are still here! We have our own thread running. I wonder how many visitors we've had?  ?

We can switch to the Messaging system which is private. On the other hand there may be stuff we discuss here that might help someone else.

I don't mind. If you prefer messaging just move your next response to Messaging and we'll continue there.

14 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

omething wonky with that mod

Do you mean Live Action? Yes, something not working right at the moment but it might be my game setup which is fairly complex.

12 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

Race menu was greyed out

Hmm - don't know what would do that. Could be wrong order in the install list. Anyhow, you know your game best so good luck tracking the culprit.

While I remember and on the topic of body paint(my topic). Do you know how to increase the number of paint\tats slots in Race Menu? I was trying to research BodySlide\Outfit Studio and the video I was watching went thru how to do it. Of course, I can't re-find that video, there are SOOO many, jeez. It is some sort of text change with Notepad++,... I think? I don't think I'm doing BodySlide\Outfit Studio right either, but that's for later.

AND, I found a HighPolyHead\WetFunctionRedux patch, FYI.

Edited by BDNelson
added content