OSA\Osex and SexLab\LoversLab installs

No, I don't know of any from LL.

Be careful with using TAWOBA.  The mod makes Tamriel world alterations as well as providing the Bikini Armour. It adds one or two NPCs. If you use a Water Mod like Realistic Water, and if you use JK's Skyrim. it will give you seams in the water at Riverwood, and make the water outside Markarth vanish.  The mod is ridiculously invasive for an armour mod.  The author is not prepared to alter his mod so if you use it you need to patch it for the world edits.

There are other skimpy armour mods - I'd advise using them.

I found Legendary Armors Bikini Complete on Nexus. It would seem that this is the only one that isn't TAWOBA. I didn't find any others that didn't have the TAWOBA tag on them. This looks good to put on my girl. I don't know if I have that right, I didn't look for very long, still pulling mods off my install.

16 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

Legendary Armors Bikini Complete

Complete?  Do you mean this mod?  This has no Bodyslide files, so you'll want to pick up this to complement it.

I updated my Sexlab Framework today to Beta 9. Seems to have gone alright. I think this version fixes the expressions / lipsync issue.

Edited by Bluegunk

Anyhow, update. I have everything pulled back to base body mods, I mean... BodySlide, CBBE, 3BBB, hair, eyes...etc. . Just enough to get the game going. Let me see if I can get it to spool up(start up). IF it does I'll get some logs to go over. Bugfix's, patches, user interface not changed, I'll grab the skse logs too.

I am not having any luck today. I'm sorry, I can't find SexLabFrameworkSEv1.63Beta9, that is the one right? I have 1.63Beta8, installed and I can't even find that one either. 1.62 and all of those, yes, but I'm on 1.63. I do have that right, don't I? Yes, double checked.

You'll find it here:  

Yes, I rather stumbled across it myself.  The actual download file is down the bottom of the page a bit just before the comments.

These are useful:  https://github.com/eeveelo/SexLab with instructions on Sexlab install and

https://babofactory.blogspot.com/2021/10/sexlab-se-beta-9-optimization.html  Bakafactory's refinements - very up to date.

Enjoy!

Edited by Bluegunk

I've been in the downloads section for a hour or so looking for it, spotted a lot of armors too. I'll see what I can get done with that.

In the meantime, do you think I should start up the game to see what happens or keep stripping it back to 0. I looked at the logs, they don't give me much to work with.

Got 1.63Beta9. Uninstall 8 and install 9, right? I have it installed right now because XPMSE has a patch for it in it's install. I have removed almost all of the SexLabFramework add-on mods. There are 2 or 3 that will have to removed first. Ya know what I just answered my own question on stripping the mods, disregard that question.

Forging ahead.

Edited by BDNelson
added content

I WILL do that. I'm going back to 0. I do have another question. FNIS should be installed before anything else, right?, including the patches(XPMSE, AGO...etc.), do I have that right? I don't think MO2\Vortex plays into this, do you? Not counting skse\plugin's, I'm going to leave those where they are at.

Edited by BDNelson
added content

FNIS is a tool for getting non-vanilla game animations to work with the game. Skyrim SE's engine is coded to run only the animations that came with the game.

There are only two ways to get a custom (non Bethesda/Skyrim SE) animation to work in the game. One is to replace a vanilla animation, the other is to use FNIS, which kind of "fools" the Skyrim SE engine into thinking it is dealing with more vanilla animations by using a "behaviour" file. Fore has been an outright genius coming up with the system!

So the best answer to your question is you need to introduce FNIS when you start adding non-vanilla animations to the game build.

Edited by Bluegunk

If you aren't about to play the game, there's no problem with installing the patches before FNIS.

The worst that would happen is if you ran the game without FNIS you'd get the infamous "T-Pose" for everyone and the beasts, too.

You don't need to be so strict - but knowing why FNIS does what it does means you've got more flexibility in deciding how you build your game.

I once got all this wrong and back to front. I remember when only the horses were T-Posing. And that was really funny to see  ?    You'll have this all under your belt in no time and that's when modding up the game goes from being frustrating to enjoyable and, often, funny too. 

You haven't stuffed up the game badly until you see the follower Recorder spinning around the middle of her horse like a spin dryer before flying off into the distance never to be seen again. After laughing for ten minutes I had to rebuild that game.  I've had some good laughs with it.

And if you are still not sure, here's a picture from my efforts just three weeks ago:

Dodgy-Horse.jpg

Edited by Bluegunk

Yep. Sometimes having a good laugh over a wrecked game is as much fun as modding it.  The above picture was the result of mods being in the wrong order in my Install list.  

In the past, I've sometimes been really, really frustrated. But as I gained more knowledge from all the helpful people on Nexus, LL and Reddit, I made less mistakes and started having a good laugh when things went crazy.  I take screenshots of the messes (like the above), and that takes the pressure off. It's never worth getting too frustrated with it especially if you can get some good pictures and a bit of fun.

Edited by Bluegunk