OSA\Osex and SexLab\LoversLab installs

While I have you here. Do you know anything about assigning dependencies between mods? In Vortex I have the ability to assign DD Voices to DD Framework with this depend. thing. I don't know what it is or how I'm supposed to apply it or if the mod does it on it's own. There are no detailed instructions on it's use that I can find. Maybe something similar in MO2?

Edited by BDNelson
added content

Alright, it looks like I got lucky. Stripped to 0 mods. Ran the game, CTD. Ran Vortex. Vortex\Dashboard\mods menu, left click "Purge mods". Run game and I'm in. New start, intro, Helgen and kill Imperial Captain, got out. Delete saves. I think I am good to go again. FNIS first. Before I install that though, I'll wait until morning to hear what you have to say about all of this.

I'm an "ars"! (ass).

I have figured out the numbers difference in FNIS auto-run versus manual run from the dashboard. The auto-run sequence is not seeing the FNIS PCEA2 anim's for some reason. 557 animations are being read and seen by the manual run FNIS. FYI. That's why man. run FNIS has more #'s.

12 hours ago, BDNelson said:

Do you know anything about assigning dependencies between mods? In Vortex I have the ability to assign DD Voices to DD Framework with this depend. thing. I don't know what it is or how I'm supposed to apply it or if the mod does it on it's own

That's new on me.  But I guess it might be different words for one mod that requires another to work. Like Sexlab Aroused requires Sexlab Framework. Well, that's my guess. 

So, I'm assuming this is something you can do in your list of installed mods, rather than the actual list of ESPs?  If it is, I can't do that in MO2, but it looks like it would be useful to know what mod depends on another in the list of installed mods.  That's my guess.  Would be nice to have that feature in MO2; it does show coloured bars for overwritten mods, but not the dependency. So if you can do it, then you have more information for your install list.

7 hours ago, BDNelson said:

The auto-run sequence is not seeing the FNIS PCEA2 anim's

That kind of makes sense. PCEA is a bit of a funny beast because it stores a separate set of animations for the player only.  But I really don't know what your Auto Run compared to Manual run is. Is that a Vortex thing?  If manual run sees PCEA2, then maybe best to stick with a manual run each time.

I just notice that CEO, the author of the mod OSA, has returned to the scene and updated OSA.

If you are using OStim and the other mods, I advise not updating OSA. Let's see what comes of the discussions (or arguments) between CEO and Sairion first.

It would be great if they worked together.

Will do, manual runs of FNIS, got it.

Dependencies: I guess it is a Vortex thing, it's not in NMM that I've seen. Ok, I'll try it out AFTER I get everything installed, let you know what happens.

OSA: don't update until more info becomes avail. . Got it. I am going to install OSA, Osex and Ostim, they are in my order. Should I hold off installing them? They are next in my order, as in right now.

Edited by BDNelson
added content

Turned off FNIS auto-run, going to manual only. I do have FNIS and all of the patches(DD included) installed. do you want to see a skse or skee log? That also includes SexLab Framework and Flower Girls mods and their required mods. I installed FNIS 1st then everything else after.

2 hours ago, BDNelson said:

Should I hold off installing them

No reason to do so. Install away!

As for FNIS, I have no idea how Vortex handles it. OK, you'll have to do it the way you have done it before. (Scratches head...).  Maybe a Vortex user or a video on FNIS and Vortex from YouTube might provide some information on what's going on.

Oh - just discovered this!  https://wiki.nexusmods.com/index.php/Tool_Setup:_FNIS   it might help.

Is the Autorun the "Run FNIS on Deployment Event"?        

Oh, wait, I think I understand. FNIS can be set to "Automatically run FNIS on every deployment" , which I suppose means it must run when Vortex is opened?

And Tannin, the inventor of Vortex says:  "FNIS won't be run if no relevant file was changed. " 

(Found: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/6911796-setting-automatically-run-fnis-on-every-deployment/ )

Does that match the behaviour you are finding?  So, I guess an initial manual run sets it all up, and then the Auto runs are finding new files, or if there is no change, it won't run.  I guess that's why there is a difference between Manual and Auto. The Auto is updating, so you may not see the full animation file count in it.

Am I getting this right?

Judging by searching Google, you're not the only one struggling with it. There are loads of other people too...

(BTW, if there are typos in my messages it's because I broke my keyboard. Pouring beer into it is...not a good idea.)

Edited by Bluegunk

Alright, let's do this. In my Skyrim\Data folder there is a file named FNIS.ini0 that is installed with FNIS. The instructions say to remove the "0" after .ini making it a working ini file. Now FNIS uses it. Edit this ini and it has in it a "instantexecute" command. 0 is off, 1 is on. This makes FNIS run when the mod is installed, hence "auto-run". Then I go to the Vortex\Dashboard and left click FNIS button in tools to run it manually. The 'instantexecute" see's the DD mod installed but doesn't see the PCEA2 anim's, the manual run from the dashboard see's the PCEA2 anim's but doesn't see the DD mod, it doesn't even have a box to select the DD mod as a patch like the auto-run does. I only have one installation of FNIS so I don't know what's going on. I don't have FNIS set to run with administrator rights(compatibility), should I do that? I did it in the past and it made me go thru that admin. yes or no thing, an extra step I wanted to avoid.

Went to the link you gave me. Everything is as it should be, all settings correct already. I followed instructions. So... ? Let me be clear, I don't expect you to solve this. I want to keep you up to date on what's happening so you might be able to help others that contact you. And 2 heads are better than 1.

That's beginning to sound like problems I had with FNIS a few years back.

I think the FNIS Auto Run is seeing your mods (like DD) as you expect. OK. That's doing what it is supposed to do and we ought not worry about it any more.

But it is not including PCEA because it can't "see" the PCEA folders in the Vortex Install List or Vortex system.  The PCEA folders are a bit of a weird set-up and it doesn't surprise me that they can cause issues with Vortex.

This might be because the folders are not in the right place where Vortex expects to find them, or an extra step needs to be taken in installing PCEA to make Vortex "see" that mod.  I also read that Vortex can assign numbers to folders (like dates or something) - so could it have changed a PCEA folder name?

BUT before doing the above, try putting PCEA2 at the end of the install list so it loads last. I saw someone mention this solves problems.

Edited by Bluegunk

Roger that! I'm sorry to boggle your head with this Vortex crap. I will uninstall PCEA2 and re-install it as the last FNIS mod. I just finished FNIS Spells. So I am right there to effect the change. I'm going to leave it at that and move on. Enjoy your netflix. More to come.

With Vortex, and your install list, are you able to move around the order of the mod installations?   Say you had "I got a big axe" mod, and it is set to load into the game after "I got a big sword", can you move the installation order to the other way around by dragging the mods around the list?  I'm not talking about the ESPs, I'm talking about the mod with its meshes, textures and scripts, etc.

Just curious. I ought to learn about Vortex I suppose!

LOL. Ahh... family gotta love it! Installed FNIS PCEA2 after all other FNIS mods. Can't see a change... yet. More to come on that. Did want to tell you about OSA. I think I may have said this before but it just happened again. Vortex did not know what to do with OSA. Before, after...etc. No (suggested) tag on any of them, had to take a shot in dark as to which was the right choice. All conflicts I set OSA to before the others. PapUtil included. Put in(installed) PapUtil and NetScriptFramework before OSA. And what is with this new mod name for SexLabFramework Beta9?  wda? Damn, MO2, right. anyway, FYI, it says, wda and that's all. Ummm... what?

Any-who, I'm forging ahead. More to come.

I did not know that about moving mods, really? Did you just learn that somewhere? If I want to change the load order of an esp I use NMM with Vortex shut down so I don't get cross management, but moving mods, I don't know.

Edited by BDNelson
added content

Using NMM with Vortex sounds like a recipe for disaster.  NMM is ancient.  Don't apply the principles of NMM to Vortex - they are very different beasts. Stick only with Vortex. 

Yes, in MO2 I can rearrange my mods in the Install list in any order I want. I can drag and drop them. I assumed Vortex would be the same. Is it not?  I'm not talking about the ESP list, I'm talking about the full mod information like meshes and textures.

Here's a picture of my MO2 App:

MO2-Install-List.jpg

I really need to learn what Vortex does to help you. I'll do that tomorrow morning UK time.

OSA is a master file (ESM) and should be early in your lists. Most other mods to do with it should load up after it.

PapUtli absolutely HAS to go after all other mods in your load order. It has the newest version of the Papyrus Utility script and it must overwrite all previous versions like in Sexlab.

Edited by Bluegunk

Will do on wda(?).

NMM and Vortex: I should have been clearer with that. I do not use NMM and Vortex to manage any one game. Vortex and NMM "work" together in one sense only that I have seen. Vortex can import mods from NMM. I NEVER run them at the same time. Shut down one to use the other. I use NMM with Fallout 4 for one thing only, to move esp's in the load order. This is the only way I could do it and LOOT didn't change it back. I don't use it on Skyrim SE except to make sure all mods are active(boxes are checked). Again, with Vortex shut down.

HOWEVER... (lol) I do use NMM to manage my Fallout 3 FWE 4GB FOSE DarnUI mod installs. Vortex does see this but I don't use Vortex to install or remove mods, that's NMM's job. I KNOW this seems kinda wonky, right! But it works on both of my computers this way.

Edited by BDNelson
added content