OSA\Osex and SexLab\LoversLab installs

FO3 works, I was kinda surprised that happened. I didn't expect it to, at all. FO4 and Skyrim SE are all Vortex mod installs. As far as working for me, nope, I still to this day have not succeeded in fully modding up one of these Bethesda games with any of the stuff I have tried. This Skyrim project is the closest I've come yet, not quite there... yet. Already failed numerous times with FO4.

I had a pretty good FO4 set up, all modded up. Some of the big mods, that alter building, workbenches and stuff can get really tangled up. I had some rough times getting them sorted.  Especially those Blueprint mods. The 'tidy everything up' mods killed a lot of people's gameplay because they ended up removing structural stuff needed for the game. Took me a while to figure that one out.

Did you ever try Ivy the companion in FO4?  Now that is one amazing piece of work. She's almost enough to tempt me back to the game.

Skyrim SE is quite easy compared to FO4. It's just a case of getting mods that work together and not overcooking it.

Edited by Bluegunk

As a matter of fact, since I have been talking to you I have been considering taking another look at MO2. I'm just trying to find something that works. Yes, Ivy. I think that was a complex mod(many parts to it). I DID like the look of it though. Hang on, it might be in my archive. Be back in a min. .

Edited by BDNelson
added content

Nope, don't have her. I'll take another look though. I've got 290+ mods for FO4 but after what you taught me about xEdit I will be expanding that count. Apparently I was trying to doll up the in game NPC's. Piper...etc. . It has been a while, had to scrap the install. Broke the game. Mod ready now though. I would like to collaborate with you on that one.

I've been reading up on Vortex. That's quite a different piece of kit.

Here's what I experience with MO2.

In my picture of MO2, you can see the Install List which is the Left Pane. That is the actual list of mods installed.  If I want a mod to overwrite another, all I need to do is click and drag the mod into place.  Here's what I mean:

MO2-Layout-1.jpg 
MO2-Layout-2.jpg

Now, with Vortex I see you have to set a RULE to position your mods so that you can choose which one overwrites the other.  Vortex totally has LOOT built into it - that's your "Group" and "Dependencies" list to the right in Vortex. That's cool.

With my MO2 I have to use the LOOT tool separately so that I can set the load after/before rules. So I have an additional process to Vortex.

If you are used to Vortex, stick with it.  I've now got a better idea of what you are seeing.  For instance my MO2 right pane, is your "Name" list beside the Status list.  My Left Pane mod list is your "Mod" column.  You don't seem to have a "Notes" line.

The little red boxes on the left of the MO2 are my "Enabled" check boxes. Red means enabled.

Right - I'm more up to speed with Vortex. I might start making sense now!!

Edited by Bluegunk

Wow, that is a busy screen. I'm sorry, that is a lot of information to look at, it looks very complex. I know it's not really but wow. Are you just taking screenshots to get me to see these pics. I'd like to take a shot of my screen to show you what I'm looking at.

Sorry. I thought you might want to know how different my modding engine looked! 

Yes, a screen shot might help, thank you.

I read up about Vortex this morning and I got a better picture of what it does.  The big difference is that it works around LOOT which is part of it.  LOOT is not really part of MO2.

But knowing LOOT helps me understand how your system is set up.

I just tried taking a screenshot, didn't work. How do I do that? Take a pic of my screen that is. I have a video cam installed, never used it. Maybe I could use that? I don't know how though, I am an idiot, I know, you don't have to say it. But you can if you want. 

Oh, yes! Thank you for showing me that, gives me a real good idea of what you are dealing with. Busy screen. Vortex is a little easier on the eyes. But BETTER, that's debatable. I know you didn't say it was better, those are opinions I have seen in the past. One is better than the other, bollocks!(That's crap). Just different.

Bollocks is useful for many situations. Bang on this time!

Yes, they're just different approaches. They both get the same thing done.

To take a screenshot, I just hit the Print Screen button on the keyboard, then call up Paint and CTRL V  to paste it in Paint.

Then I can doodle on it, save it and send it off.

Edited by Bluegunk

Just tried to use my camera. Couldn't figure out how to a pic, but it is hooked up to a live feed. I might be able to shoot some video footage, video clip?, I've never done it before. Ahh... nevermind, I'm too much of a bafoon to do this. I can't even seem to type this morn. .

Well, if it did I can't find where windows put it. There was no notification of the screenshot being taken. I have been trying to find anything, anyway to do this for a long time today. Searched "my pictures", C:\, E:\. Nothing. I can't take a screenshot of my desktop, hmmmm... (?). Can do it all day long in game but not of my desktop. ? I think I'll stop now, ok. My camera battery is good to go. I'm gonna try that.