OSA\Osex and SexLab\LoversLab installs

Your SSEEdit list is bigger than your Vortex list? That seems...weird.

The Install list in Vortex will list your texture and non-ESP mods, and that would be a bigger list.

SSEEdit should only match your Vortex ESM/ESP list - the actual plugins that load in to the game. So your SSEEdit list being bigger than your Vortex one is kind of weird.

Unless Vortex is grouping the ESPs and you need to ungroup to see them all?

Edited by Bluegunk

Yes, there are a bunch of esm's that Vortex isn't listing, among others. I saw this when I ran "Apply Scripts" in SSEEdit and compared the 2. I can write a list if you want? Might take me a while. I'll double check!

Confusion about FOV: Are you talking about FNV on my Win 7 mach. ? I should have made that clear, I going to do a test to see if Fallout New Vegas, GOG version(legally purchased, I don't mod pirated games. purchase eval only!) can be modded with NMM. I have not been able to get it to work on my Win 10 mach. . It NEEDS merge plugins to work as well.

Edited by BDNelson
added content
4 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

Is this the Anniversary update do you think? I DON'T want to do that!

Yes, that's what it is. Skyrim AE as folks are calling it.

My Steam is set to update only when I play on line (starting Skyrim on line in Steam). Since I always have Steam set to Off-line and play from my disk file then I won't trigger the update. 

That's why it might be worth having a copy of the game files (without mods) as a backup.

FOV - sorry I meant FO4.   I haven't played it for a while, I suddenly took a dislike to the cluttered landscape mess, and went off it. Just one of those things, I suppose. I tried FNV but didn't get on with it so I never modded it.  I'm currently playing Horizon Zero Dawn.

I honestly haven't a clue what Vortex is doing, sorry.  Maybe you can ask someone on the Vortex boards?

I agree on piracy. I always buy my stuff because these guys put a lot of work into it for us.  I have a few Patreons running, supporting a couple of modders and some video content, too.

Ok, not going anywhere near that update! I have the game backed up as we discussed earlier, so I think I'm good there.

FO4: I have it prepped for modding, tools and F4se included. No mods installed... yet. That one is next!!! OMG! I did a little modding with it, crashed it. But damn, it looks like modding with BodySlide and CBBE is going to be A LOT of fun in FO4. I am honing my skills on Skyrim so I can get FO4 right.

4 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

SL01_Amulets

That should be an ESP? Nexus lists it as:

? SL01AmuletsSkyrim - Textures.bsa (34.2 MB)
? SL01AmuletsSkyrim.bsa (41.1 MB)
? SL01AmuletsSkyrim.esp (580.9 kB)

So far as I know there is no ESM for this mod, not even in LE.  

Mod for SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/487?tab=files   

Did you get it from somewhere else?

6 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

SL01AmuletsSkyrim.esp

I assume that would be the master for the SL01_Amulets_ "Outfit" esp . 

When making a patch, or making a mod that depends on another one, that does not mean the 'parent' mod needs to be an ESM.  An ESP can be a master to another ESP, or ESPFE.

I haven't been able to find anyone to talk to about Vortex. I have gone onto Steam looking for help, but I get attacked to much on that forum. Been called all kinds of names there. I can't seem to find anywhere else to post anything. Vortex's reporting is limited to problems it finds with itself... I think? I have tried posting on the Nexus\Author pages but never got a response. In both cases I can't find the right forum to post on.

Yes. It is the master. No, it isn't listed as a "Could be light" esp in Vortex. Just double checked, all I have to in SSEEdit is the Record Flags\Edit change and save to make SL01AmuletsSkyrim.esp an esl. Should I do that?

Edited by BDNelson
added content
21 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

SL01AmuletsSkyrim.esp an esl. Should I do that

I prefer to leave mods that have others as dependencies on them as plain ESP, unless the mod author says it is OK, or provides the mods in that sort of structure. But it's not a rule, it's just something I do.

JK's various Interior mods are provided as ESPFEs, and people have written patches for combining that mod and lightning mods, and offered them as ESPFE, too.  

One way to find out is simply do it, and then test the result in game. You'll soon find out if it doesn't work!

I think it's a good idea to leave master assigned esp's alone. I'm going to go with that. I'm also going to do the change with all of them that require the Record Flags\Edit change only and see where that get's me, load order count wise. Whaddya think?(american slang humor, sorry), what do you think?

Ok, you are going to love this! Ya see how I am. Right off the bat I go fuckin with the master decision I just made: don't mess with master assigned esp's. The very next mod according to SSEEdit that could be made light is HighPolyHeads.esm, a master. Well, I did it. Now, SSEEdit see's the mod as light but Vortex does not. No esl\espfe tag. And there is no change in the load order count, same as it was before I changed it, according to Vortex. I'm going into the game to see if it still works. More to come.

Edited by BDNelson
added content