OSA\Osex and SexLab\LoversLab installs

You as well, not using Vortex. Did you see problems with it in the past? Is that why you don't use it?

Bash Patch: Coincidentally, that is one we need to cover together. Let me know what you learn, will ya?

Let me get you caught up. Phew... THAT was some work! I did all of the esp's to espfe's in SSEEdit. Got my load order count down to 165 active. After the finished install's I'm sure there are more to do. Went ahead with the install order from there. Everything is in. Played a little before I started the SL\LL mods to make sure it was working, like you said. Good to go, I think. Two of the espfe changes were HighPolyHeads.esm and CBBE.esp so I am confident everything is working. Just finished the LotD Patches(last mod), I'm going to start a play-thru.

I did want to tell you about the 4 hours of my life I just wasted this morning. "Live Action" mod on LL. Oh boy is this a horrible mod. It puts an animation cap limit in the game of, get this, 16,384(?) animations. I HAD 17,820! As soon as I started a new game, ERROR-too many animations screen pops up. It didn't crash the game and I didn't go any farther. I just got out, ASAP. Just got done pulling it out, back down to 13,000+ anim's. Started the game, no error msg. . I'm going to load my anim's I took out back in. Play-thru after.

CONCLUSION: DO NOT get "Live Action". Really, a cap on animations! WHY!!! I thought it would be a mod to blend the different anim's together, maybe smooth out animation transition a little. WRONG, I gotta stop doing that, changing up my install order mid run. More to come.

I'm a long term Mod Organizer user. Originally I used NMM for Oblivion. NMM was a right pain for Skyrim LE and I turned to Mod Organizer (1) designed by Tannin (yes, the guy who created Vortex).

Tannin started MO2 for Skyrim SE, but then moved to work at Nexus and started Vortex.  With MO2 stalled, I tried Vortex but I simply could not get my head around it. Fortunately a team took on MO2 and have developed very well and it is still going.

I learnt that I was actually doing Bashed Patch right. (Phew). One thing I did discover: don't fill in the Wrye Bash details in the SKSE slot in MO2. I overwrite my game start details. Face, palm. Put it right quick enough.  It seems that running Wrye Bash the way I said is correct.

Looks like your game is pretty much all there. I expect now you'll keep adding mods and tinkering with it like I do. You might even get around to playing the game!

I've never head of "Live Action." Is this the one?  https://www.loverslab.com/topic/149855-dar-live-action/ 

That should not put a limit on animations. So can I ask if you used the FNIS Behaviour XXL? That permits up to 32,000 animations. The original FNIS will only permit @10,000. It's worth using the bigger FNIS.

I see also that Live Action uses Dynamic Animation Replacer which covers Idle Animations. That ought not to add anything to the overall animation limit. But if the author is altering the animation system maybe he is introducing complexity where it is not needed.

Anyhow, if the mod is causing problems, best leave it for now and go back to it another time.  I sometimes find a fresh start shows where it was going wrong for me.

But I'll take a look at the mod myself and see what it does.

Yes, I think that is the one. It has really messed up my install. I don't know if the stuff I am doing is going to fix it. I re-installed the anim's and LotD patches to see if the error msg was still there. It is, damn it! Now I am trying re-installing DLL Loader, Engine fixes and FNIS 7.6 XXL Behavior. Well just got done with that. Before I can go on I have to re-install Nibbles and K4 anim's. FNIS is showing errors in them. Installing that mod was a HUGE mistake! It is possible I loaded a different version of "Live Action", it is gone now. I have Dynamic Animation Replacer in my order, it's "needed"(required) by some of my mods. The error still shows 17401\16384. 1st # is how many I have installed, 2nd # is max allowed. FNIS is showing 16840. Ummm... what?

30 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

re-install Nibbles and K4 anim's. FNIS is showing errors in them

Might you have accidentally picked up the LE versions of them?

Live Action 0.3.2 SE LE is from the link to Live Action above. It's the latest of the files downloadable form that mod.

Edited by Bluegunk

No, I don't think so. I have been using those downloads for a while now(K4 and Nibbles). Everything was good on my last run until it went CTD. Those mods were in there. I am pretty sure I have the right ones but I will double check to make sure. Just got done re-installing FNIS PCEA and K4. FNIS still showing problems with both of them. I think I'm going to have to start over.

Double checked K4 and Nibbles, they are good to go, had the right ones. I think "Live Action" left something behind, I checked the game folder and the data folder in the game. Nothing there as far as "Live Action" goes. Nothing in documents either.

Edited by BDNelson
added content

Are you using a save that had Live Action in it? You'd need to discard that save.

What are the FNIS errors for the two animation packs?  Are they "behavioural file" errors?  It might be something has gone wonky with them. It might be worth running Cathedral Optimiser over the two animation packs just to make sure everything is right about them.

Edited by Bluegunk

Ok, here we go.

Reading FNIS_PCEA2 V7.2... ChAnims:0 CTD:12.0% pOpt:10.9%

NOTE: FNIS_PCEA2 has at least one AASet definition without any animation files provided

Reading K4 Anims V1.0... ChAnims:132 CTD:1.6% pOpt:1.0%

NOTE: K4 Anims has at least one identical -AV defined in both "s" and "+" line

That is what I see when I install a mod and FNIS auto-runs. I ran FNIS manually, The PCEA2 NOTE: doesn't show up but the K4 one does.

I remember seeing that sort of thing in FNIS.   They are caused by inaccuracies in the FNIS Behaviour Files that are part of the animation packs.

There is a typo, or mistake in it. It might mean a couple of animations may not play as intended.

There's nothing practical people like you or me can do about those. It is up to the animation pack author to clear those up.

So they can safely be ignored!

Cathedral Assets Optimizer converts mods from LE to SE. Here's the link: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/23316 

Have a read through the information. I find it very useful. Sometimes an author may not properly convert his mod from LE to SE and using the Optimizer is a quick way to finish the job.

Also the main use is making a LE to SE conversion for yourself.  I find it works fairly well.

Edited by Bluegunk

Well... damn. I loaded this mod last but before kryptopyr's hub patch and the LotD mods, after all my animation stuff. These "errors" in FNIS were not there when I ran it. I went into the game just before I loaded "Live Action". All was good. After finishing the last mod(LotD Patches) I went into the game and there it was, the error msg. . New game start both times. Like I said, I think I have to start over.

6 minutes ago, BDNelson said:

pulling my install order so you can check with someone or on something first?

Sorry, not sure what you mean by that.

Those FNIS errors you gave me are nothing to worry about. Do you need any input from me? I guess you are good to try and run the game and see if it explodes, or plays?